As a community Outreach worker we go out into the community and offer parenting classes and all the programs and classes that St.Mary's community center has to offer. I prepare packets and set up for classes. We recruited needy families for the adopt a family program in the December. Make copies of all the flyers, make and file charts . I call patients to schedule them for Child birth classes, breast feeding classes and maternity tours at the hospital.
- Community Outreach Worker at I.C.R. for St Mary's Community Health
- Physical Therapy Aide at ST JUDE MEDICAL CENTER
- Caregiver at LIFE STEPS FOUNDATION
6 months at this Job
- - Physical Therapy Aide
• Conduct outreach with individuals and families on the streets and community settings
• Educates potential clients on program services
• Provides liaison services between clients, and other agencies
• Keeps all client's information confidential and follows confidentiality requirements as stipulated by state and federal laws
• Uses computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, email, and database software in performing work assignments
- Community Outreach Worker at Maternal Infant Outreach Program
- Front Desk Receptionist at Marriott Hotel
- Assistant Manager at Babies 'R' Us
- Lead Crew Person at Subway
7 months at this Job
- - Business
Community Outreach Worker
• Assessed individual client needs to determine effective treatment plans.
• Wrote and distributed educational literature for a variety of diseases.
• Ensured clarity and effectiveness of community informational pamphlets.
• Maintained strong communication network with neighborhood and city organizations.
• Performed crisis counseling and intervention as necessary.
• Provided support for initial patient visits to facility orientation center.
• Oversaw case management and treatment plan development in coordination with medical staff.
• Built good relationships with all patients and staff.
• Maintained and updated patient database on a regular basis.
• Arranged for patient transportation to and from facility as necessary
- Patient Enrollment and Eligibility Specialist and Community Outreach Worker at Community Health Center of Snohomish County
- Program Coordinator I and Program Coordinator II at Centene Corporation
- Member Services Representative at Health Scouts
- Office Manager at Tremont at Tryon, LLC
at this Job
• initiating contact with the public
• combine customer service and listening skills with marketing knowledge to persuade people
• exhibit professionalism when directly engaging with the public
- Community Outreach Worker at Community Outreach Group
- Crew Member and Cashier at Five Guys
- Crew Member and Cashier at Chipotle
2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Responsibilities and tasks performed but not limited to
• Responsible for client check ins, transportation, and billing. When working with clients, support and help improve development of communication and life skills. Also responsible for observing the behaviors of clients and ensuring their well-being.
• Organize group sessions, activities, and outings.
• Perform community outreach by promoting and informing people about Heartlands services. This includes attending community events, collaborating with other businesses, going to the day shelter, and the soup kitchen.
- AmeriCorps Community Outreach Worker at Heartland Counseling Center
- All Native Group Ambassador at Ho-Chunk Incorporated
- Daycare Teacher at Kelly's Kids LDC, Inc
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Health Professions with concentrations in social sciences and public health
- High school or equivalent
• Initiated relationship with Temple University's President Senior Advisor resulting in WOAR partnership & 24/7 satellite office to support victims of sexual violence on Main Campus.
• Uses multicultural client-centered trauma-informed approach to engage and educate community members and organizations about sexual violence, WOAR services, and the availability of services to sexual assault survivors.
• Developed the 2016-2017 Fiscal Year Strategic Outreach work plan for Department, which served as a blueprint for following years.
• Manages and maintains data collection of organization's outreach and education activities tracking the impact it has on direct services and its correlation in the community.
• Create culturally appropriate outreach strategies adopting best practices from various research articles to meet the needs of diverse Philadelphia communities.
• Provides advocacy and resources to over 1,500 community members while forming relationships with over 50 community partners including Maternity Care Coalition and Nurse Family Partnershp.
• Serve as the acting Department head in the absence of Director of Community Outreach.
• Speaker at Humanism in Medicine Conference on Compassionate Care in Epidemics presenting on S.A.V.E. Screening Tool - a sexual violence screening tool for healthcare providers.
- Community Outreach Worker at
- Apple Specialist at Apple
- Crisis Advocate at
- Education and Training Specialist at Citizens Advisory Council for Probation and Parole of Philadelphia
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science of Public Health - Public Health
Responsibilities Engage clients at high risk of HIV/AIDS infection, transmission and re-infection into the prevention, health, counseling, and testing services. Engage PLWA (People Living with Aids) around housing status, healthcare issues, needs and HIV status. Provide self-management support, bridge the gap between clinician and patient, and help patients navigate the healthcare system, offering emotional support. Assist clients in gaining the knowledge, skills, tools, and confidence to become active participants in their care so that they can reach their self-identified health goals. Conduct individual referral assessments, HIV counseling and testing, outreach activities, and community based program intake when applicable. Provide HIV rapid tests on site and in community to meet program deliverables. Advocate for client rights. Participate in community health fairs and other community events. Conduct community wide outreach events for individuals at risk, homeless and or marginally housed population with emphasis on MSM and transgender-related health issues. Collaborate and act as liaison to local and state departments, hospitals, local community based organizations, and agency staff to deliver effective programming. Assist Program Coordinator, Social Workers, and Case Managers in establishing community linkages and designated outreach venues. Collect and report data on membership enrollment, and activities. Facilitate agency substance abuse group. Assist with agency HIV 101/102 workshop. Participate in on-going professional development trainings as identified by program director. Accomplishments Certified Mental Health First Aid August 2015 Certified HIV Testing and Counseling April 2014 Certified CPR, AED, and Basic First Aid March 2014 Skills Used Analytical, organization, problem solving skills
- Community Outreach Worker at University of Maryland, Institute of Human Virology, JACQUES Initiative
- Banquet Server at Spectrum Catering
- Front Desk Associate at Southern Management Corporation
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate - Human Services
- Certificate - Addictions Counseling
- Diploma - General Curriculum
- Bachelor's - Human Services Administration
I was part of a community outreach team educating people on vein health and the dangers that vein insuffiency may have on different individuals. Some of my responsibilities were giving out information, speaking to prospective clients on how the respiratory system works and scheduling appointments as well as networking, in order to schedule future events.
- Community Outreach Worker at Center for Vein Restoration
- Sanitation Supervisor at NYC Department of Sanitation
- Cashier at Pathmark
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting
- A.S. - Business Administration
I recently am partner with 4rcdc i obtain donations from local sources an help distribute them to local families an homeless individuals .
- Community Outreach Worker at 4R community development corporation
- DSP (Direct Support Professional) at M & R group home
- DSP (Direct Support Professional) at Independent Options, Inc.
- company to assistant manger at BEE'S EXPRESS WAY
6 months at this Job
Both community and residential support assignments - 4 years working in mobile community support with a case load of 13 -15 clients meeting regularly; 4 years providing services to 4-7 residential clients. Meet with clients, assess their needs, recommend resources and other support needs. Worked collaboratively with clients, their families, other service providers. Assisted clients with independent community living challenges/experiences. Supported 1:1 relationships, to identify, achieve personal goals within a safe, empathetic, understanding therapeutic environment. Maintained detailed, confidential client documentation and reporting. Researched and networked with other community agencies to provide client services, information, resources, activities, programs, study opportunities, housing, paid/volunteer work experiences. Teach life skills to increase independence: grocery shopping, money management, personal cares, household management, Organized group activities for entertainment and socialization. Coordinated a city-wide Activities Committee for intellectual disability resident clients. Developed, maintained monthly calendar for recreational/social events. Trained other team members on procedures, processes, and policies. Conducted audits, book keeping, and other administrative tasks. Represented agency at Australasian Mental Health Services Conference.
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH WORKER at MENTAL HEALTH, SOCIAL SERVICES
8 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology