District Manager: Matt Siemer Counsel patients on new and high alert medications and make appropriate OTC product recommendations. Review patient profiles and make suggestions for improvement to primary provider. Provide immunization services and screenings for blood pressure, blood glucose and cholesterol. Instruct student and intern pharmacists to administer vaccines in a community setting.
- Community Pharmacist at Walgreens Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Intern/Pharmacy Technician at Walgreens Pharmacy
- at Ambulatory Care
- at Long Term Care
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- License - Board of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - Biology
- Doctor of Pharmacy - Art
Relief Staff for central Texas: Teague, Groesbeck, Mexia, and three Waco locations
- Community Pharmacist at Pharmacy Plus
- Refill Clinic Pharmacist at Scott & White Community Internal Medicine Clinic
- Relief Pharmacist - Inpatient Dispensing at Scott & White Hospital
- Pharmacist-In-Charge (part-time) at Healix, Inc., dba Waco Infectious Disease Assoc., PA
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Doctor of Pharmacy
- - Pharmacy Coursework
- Bachelor of Arts - International Relations
Developed HRSA grant-funded MTM program to target ED super-utilizers and primary care clinic patents needing medication management. Awarded Small Health Care Provider Quality Improvement Program award by HRSA in second year of grant. Work closely with providers to solve medication-related problems and procure medications for patents struggling to afford them. Most recently saved patents ~$50K on their prescription medications at contract pharmacies per month. Identified clinic champions to help educate providers in my absence of the capabilities of the MTM program in attempt to foster growth. Developed and provided CE for providers and clinic staff to educate on MTM and program benefits for both provider and patents. Participate in rural health network to more efficiently utilize area resources and help match patents with appropriate resources. Currently serving as ambulatory care preceptor for 4th year pharmacy students at the University of Kentucky.
- Community Pharmacist at Mercy Health Marcum and Wallace
- PIC/ Floater at RLC Management
- Staff Pharmacist at Kmart Pharmacy
- Consultant Pharmacist at Surgery Pharmacy Services
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Doctor of Pharmacy - Pharmacy
- Bachelor's of Science - Design/Merchandising
- Community Pharmacist at
- Q.C. Specialist at CID Factory
- Community pharmacist at Farouk pharmacy
- Community pharmacist at
10 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science - General
- Community Pharmacist at Walgreens
- Pharmacy Manager/ Staff Pharmacist at Rite Aid
10 months at this Job
- Doctor of Pharmacy - Pharmacy
Health, Boston, MA
● Teaching students on the daily duties of a community pharmacist ○ Universities include: MCPHS University, Northeastern University, and University of New England
- Teaching students on the daily duties of a community pharmacist at CVS Health Pharmacy
- Staff Pharmacist at CVS Health Pharmacy
- Teaching Assistant at MCPHS University
- Pharmacy Intern at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Doctorate of Pharmacy Program - Pharmacy Program
• Properly filled and dispensed an average of 500+ prescriptions per day
• Provided patient counseling on prescription and over the counter medications.
• Recommended therapeutically equivalent cost effective alternatives to underinsured and uninsured patient populations.
• Displayed patient-oriented and comprehensive clinical pharmacy services and pharmaceutical care.
• Answered physician's drug information requests and handled patient inquiries on managing side effects related to therapy and other queries related to optimal medication use.
• Checked prescriptions for appropriate drug dosing, drug-interactions, drug allergies and contraindications to existing health conditions before dispensing drugs
• Compounded prescriptions in accordance to instructions provided by Dermatologists
• Effectively resolved insurance rejections and other billing issues
• Worked on PrimeRx for ERx reconcillation.
• Performed mail order services for nursing home and hospice care.
• Recommended age appropriate immunizations to patients, and performed Medical Therapy Management (MTM) consults to ensure adherence to medications.
• Dealt extensively with patient care, Patient counseling and reconciliation of prescriptions.
• Checked prescriptions for appropriate drug dosing, drug-interactions, drug allergies and contraindications to existing health conditions before dispensing drugs.
• Compounded prescriptions in accordance to instructions provided by Dermatologists.
• Administered TDAP vaccines to Pregnant patients.
- Community Pharmacist at Loudon Family Pharmacy
- Research Associate at Reckitt Benckiser
- Hospital Pharmacist at Aziz Medical Center
- at Liaquat National Hospital
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree
Responsibilities: Various responsibilities include but are not limited to ensuring proper dispensing of medications in an accurate and timely manner, which involves verification of appropriate drug, dosing and scanning of potential drug interactions, consulting prescribers as necessary, etc., providing patient education and consultations, as well as providing immunization and Medication Therapy Management services., and precepting MCPHS University students on experiential (IPPE/APPE) rotations
- REGISTERED COMMUNITY PHARMACIST at WALGREENS CO
- at Professional Clinical Rotations
- at APPE INSTITUTIONAL NEW ENGLAND BAPTIST HOSPITAL
- at APPE COMMUNITY WALGREENS CO
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- DOCTOR OF PHARMACY - PHARMACY
Partnered with physicians and other members of healthcare team to optimize patient care through effective use of medications to ensure proper compliance, this included physical assessment, ordering
labs and diagnostic test, adjusted and discontinued medications.
• Documented encounters and clinical decisions in SRS progress notes to help with continuity of care.
• Identified and notified members affected by FDA drug recalls and alerts mitigating any potential serious health consequences within 1 to 30 business days depending on severity situation.
• Provided specialized services to help patients manage conditions such as diabetes, asthma, smoking cessation and high blood pressure.
• Checked prescriptions and counseled patients for appropriate dosage, drug interactions, allergies and contra-indications before dispensing medications to optimize patient outcomes
• Properly filled and dispensed an average of 400 prescriptions per day.
• Analyzed trends in medication use and made recommendations for policy updates.
• Saved patients money and increased pharmacy profit margins with therapeutically equivalent and more cost-effective generic drugs.
• Provided monthly medical and scientific in-service education to MHP physicians and nurses
• Served as the drug expert, providing credible scientific and evidence-based medication information to physicians and healthcare providers.
• Recommended appropriate clinical programs such as immunization, MTM (Medication Therapy Management) and DCS (Diabetes Care Specialist).
• Provided medication therapy management to patients using Outcomes and Mirixa platforms daily via face to face, telephone in high risk patients and optimized patient medications therapies by monitoring drug selection, drug dose, frequency, drug allergies, drug-drug interactions, duplication of therapy.
• Performed CMS required audits and ensured compliance with state and federal guidelines minimizing exposed risk
• Coordinated the pharmacy staff schedule and assisted with personnel monitoring and performance evaluations.
- Community Pharmacist at MHP Pharmacy
- Clinical Infusion Pharmacist at Binson's Infusion Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Intern at St. John's Hospital and Medical Center
- Pharmacy Intern at DMC Harper University Hospital
1 year at this Job
- Doctor of Pharmacy - Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Arts
* Patient counselling * Dispensing of prescription medications * Collaboration with prescribing healthcare professionals in treating patients * Dispensing of POYC medications for NHS-approved patients
- Full-Time Community Pharmacist at Stella Maris Pharmacy
- Locum Pharmacist at Medical Plaza Dispensing Chemists, San Gwann
- Pharmacist - Procurement Officer at Central Procurement and Supplies Unit, Ministry for Health
4 months at this Job
- Postgraduate Diploma - Advanced Clinical Pharmacy
- PgDip - Advanced Clinical Pharmacy
- M.Pharm. - Pharmaceutical Sciences