Solvang, CA 93463 while offering strong interpersonal and detail-oriented Phone skills. I currently have open availability. (805) 245-4652 Work Experience Email Succulent Cafe Wine Charcuterie April 2013-Present [email protected] Daytime Supervisor/ Company Secretary Job duties include overseeing staff LinkedIn and daily operations, operating a www.linkedin.com/in/olivia-brents Micros POS system, managing and counting cash intake, working under pressure, collaborating as a team to find solutions, and taking in
- Daytime Supervisor/ Company Secretary at Succulent Cafe Wine Charcuterie
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- BA in Fashion Merchandising - Fashion Merchandising
- Company Secretary Department at Boardroom Corporate Services
- Captain at Badminton
- Part-time Waiter at Wedding Reception
- Part-time employee at Kang Store
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
Take payments over the phone. Reply to emails. Create and send quotes and invoices to customers via email. Answer phone calls, and return phone calls. Schedule appointments. Organize and maintain paper and electronic files. File and update contact information of employees and customers. Operate office equipment such as copiers and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, and other applications.
- Company Secretary at CREW Maintenance LLC
- Volunteer at Great Plains SPCA
- File Clerk at RONSON MFG
- Customer Service Representative at TitleMax
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma - General Education
at this Job
- Secondary(10th Pass)
- - Biology
a conglomerate operating in central / southern Africa. September 1996 to April 2016. Company Secretarial
* Providing company secretarial services to the Board of Directors by organizing the meetings, preparing all the necessary documentation and taking minutes for the Board Meetings and Annual General Meetings.
* Supervising the secretarial function in the subsidiary companies.
* Monitoring records of share transfers to ascertain that no insider trading takes place.
* Maintaining contact and ensuring compliance with Stock Exchange requirements by the company.
* Continually reviewing developments in corporate governance. Providing directors and senior officers with guidance on dealing with the company's shares.
* Maintaining and updating shareholders' records and registration of proxies at general meetings. Corporate Law Advisory
* Advising the Board of Directors and management of appropriate legislation ensuring the compliance and implementation of good corporate governance practices.
* Interpretation of all legal correspondence to management and the Board of Directors and representing the company whenever need arise through the Group's lawyers.
* Ensuring compliance with the resolutions of the Board of Directors, making the directors aware of all law and legislation relevant to or affecting the company,
* Ensuring that all companies incorporated off shore are in good standing by complying with requirements of various legislation in those territories to the satisfaction of the authorities.
* Ensuring that all business letters, notices and other official publications of the company show the name of the company and any other information as required by the statutes and that the company's name is displayed conspicuously outside all places of business. Contracts Management
Reviewing all contracts to ensure compliance with relevant statutes and ensure the protection of the company's interests. Public Relations/Corporate Affairs
* Representing the company on statutory or regulatory authorities and ensuring that the image of the company is safeguarded and protected.
* Managing, directing and controlling the Group's Corporate Social Responsibility programs.
* Managing and responding to media by giving accurate information.
* Safeguarding company information.
* Managing the PR calendar, budget and maintenance of good corporate governance. Chief Audit Executive
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible to the Board for conducting audit procedures which test the adequacy of internal financial control systems to ensure that effective action is taken to monitor the operations of these systems. Conducting investigations on suspected and reported fraudulent activities within the group and reporting to management on any aspect of operations which cause waste of resources. Control of internal audit operations in central /southern Africa. Responsible for executing the following key result areas: Business Strategy & Audit Planning - Developing and implementing appropriate internal audit strategy and plan for approval by the Group Audit Committee. Auditing - Planning and performing operational, financial and information systems audits, including reviewing all internal control systems and procedures for all group companies. Presenting the results of the audit including recommendations to the Group Audit Committee, and ensuring the implementation of any such recommendations. Systems of Internal Control - Liaising with external auditors and other regulatory authorities and making follow up on all issues raised. Reviewing and recommending changes and enhancements to existing policies, procedures and controls in order to ensure that practices are current, adequate, functional and utilized in accordance with the standards established by the regulatory authorities and the company while adhering to international auditing standards. Audit Committee - Compiling the required board reports, reporting and attending quarterly Audit Committee meetings and assisting the Audit Committee in evaluating and improving risk management, control and corporate governance systems. Ensuring that management put in place control systems that: - Safeguard the assets of the Group
- Prevent and detect errors and fraud
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of the group's records
- Ensure the timeous preparation of reliable and relevant financial statements and reports
- Ensure compliance with applicable legislation, regulations and group policies and procedures.
- Review of management control systems. Previously in the same capacity with TZI Limited until de-merger and listing of ART in 2002. Additional role summarized below. Summary of Role
Company secretary / legal support role
The organization is an international conglomerate with operations spread across sub - Saharan Africa. Its strategy is one of acquisition 'buy, build and operate' with a plan to achieve a market leading position in its chosen areas of expertise. The company secretary's role requires an experienced person with some legal experience to support the organisations' teams based in Harare, London and the operational businesses across Africa. This presented an opportunity to join an innovative and fast growing group at a relatively early stage of its development. Detailed responsibilities
• Maintenance of all company secretarial records for group companies (in conjunction with local legal support where appropriate)
• Preparation and submission of statutory filing requirements in compliance with all local legislation and filing requirements (annual returns, accounts, need for AGMs. Etc)
• Jurisdictions covered include Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Mozambique, Mauritius, Botswana and Swaziland.
• Review of all current records to ensure they are current and compliant with local jurisdictions.
• Maintenance of Board calendars. AGMs, etc in compliance with group policy and planning for such meetings
• Preparation of board papers for group companies, attendance at board meetings, preparation & circulation of minutes
• Ad - hoc legal and compliance work including: - Providing legal/secretarial support for all shareholder and funding related issues, including incorporation of new group companies, new equity issues, debt raising and security, etc - Arranging Board/Shareholder approvals as required (including administration elements, such as signatories) - Supporting business operations in contract reviews, land/leases, interaction with legal advisors, etc.
• Role based at group head office in Harare and involved significant interaction with senior management and directors across Africa, Mauritius and Europe Summary of Previous Employment Group Chief Audit Executive - Lonrho an international conglomerate. Conducted audits in Central / Southern Africa May 1986 to July 1996 * Responsible to the Audit Committee through the group chief executive for conducting audit procedures which test the adequacy of control systems and ensuring that effective action is taken to monitor the operation of these systems. * Conducting investigations and reporting to management on any aspect of operations, which seem to cause waste of resources. Making recommendations for improvements in systems to reduce cost or correct weaknesses it being the responsibility of the regional audit operations in the region. * Review of management control systems - covering organisational charts, management objectives and systems by which senior management monitor departmental performance.
- Group Company Secretary/Chief Audit Executive/Corporate Affairs Director at ART Holdings Limited
- Chief Audi Executive at ART Holdings Limited
- head of group internal audit at
- Accounting and Administration Officer at Infrastructure Development Bank of Zimbabwe
19 years, 7 months at this Job
- A Level
* Ensure the Company Secretary's demanding workload is appropriately prioritised * Proactively troubleshoot and resolve issues which arise * Communicate directly, and on behalf of the Company Secretary with Board, ExCom/GMC members * Responsibility for reviewing and preparing a range of papers and correspondence and proactively identifying and distilling pertinent issues where appropriate * Email and calendar management * Preparation of the annual calendar for the board of directors * Management of the key deadlines for board and committee pack production and distributing papers via Diligent Board Books and communicating to all stakeholders ahead of time * Scheduling, organising and servicing meetings of the boards and committees * Responsibility for quality control and timely delivery of board papers for board meetings, ensuring that there is effective follow through on all relevant matters arising and action points * Preparation and maintenance of stakeholder's accessibility to board packs ensuring uniformed board documentation packs and providing guidance and assistance to stakeholders * Responsibility for the logistics and co-ordination of the AGM * Complex management of Company Secretary's calendar and inbox * Responsibility for event management for the board * Researching, prioritising and following up on incoming issues and concerns for the Secretariat * Reviewing and improving operating practices within the Secretariat to ensure the function operates to its optimum * Set up and manage agreed communication systems and protocols to ensure consistent standards in all communications from the Secretariat * Managing projects, researching and preparing appropriate reports and presentations independently * Appropriately handling correspondence and documentation for the Secretariat, including financial reports and documentation of a sensitive and confidential nature using a high degree of discretion * Working with the PA's to ensure that all relevant scheduling activities are carried out, including organising all aspects of Main Board and other meetings and ensuring all involved are aware of upcoming commitments and responsibilities * Responsibility for maintaining and updating the minute books
- Executive Assistant to Company Secretary at Rathbone Brothers Plc
- Business PA to Founder at
- Head of Executive Office/EA to CEO and Chairman at NHS
- Executive Assistant to International Project Director at Havwoods International
5 months at this Job
- Company secretary at ACE Gameroom Gallery
- Receptionist at Glenbrook Hyundai
- Security Officer/Dispatcher at Glenbrook Security
- Housekeeper at Ramada Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
2 months at this Job
- Company Secretary- Asst. Manager at NIIT Limited Group
- Company Secretary- Asst. Manager at LNJ Bhilwara Group
- Company Secretary- Officer at Vardhman Group
- at Ankit Gandhi & Associates
1 year at this Job
- certification - Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Module
- B.COM - Amritsar
Financial leader, with overall responsibility for finance, accounting, treasury and tax functions for a global organization. Oversee human resources, legal and risk management activities. Cultivate external relationships, such as banking, audit, regulatory and investors. Support the integrity of the governance framework, with responsibility for the efficient administration of the company, compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and implementing decisions made by the Board of Directors. Led team of five accounting and finance professionals. - Developed long-term financial plans, projection models and narratives to support capital raising efforts. - Led financial and legal initiatives related to Ecosave's successful transition from an Australian publicly-traded company to a US private company. - Negotiated and secured more than $15M in debt financing to support client engagements and ongoing operations. - Created a financial reporting framework to effectively communicate corporate performance to internal and external constituents. - Created and implemented cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism to ensure a minimum cash threshold for meeting operating needs.
Financial leader, with overall responsibility for finance, accounting, treasury and tax functions for a global organization. Oversee human resources, legal and risk management activities. Cultivate external relationships, such as banking, audit, regulatory and investors. Support the integrity of the governance framework, with responsibility for the efficient administration of the company, compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and implementing decisions made by the Board of Directors. Led team of five accounting and finance professionals.
- Developed long-term financial plans, projection models and narratives to support capital raising efforts.
- Led financial and legal initiatives related to Ecosave's successful transition from an Australian publicly-traded company to a US private company.
- Negotiated and secured more than $15M in debt financing to support client engagements and ongoing operations.
- Created a financial reporting framework to effectively communicate corporate performance to internal and external constituents.
- Created and implemented cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism to ensure a minimum cash threshold for meeting operating needs.
- Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary at ECOSAVE
- Vice President, Finance at INTERNATIONAL SOS
- Director, Global Finance and Operations at IMS Consulting Group
- Director, Alliance Programs at IMS Health
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- M.B.A. - Finance
- B.A. - Finance
August 2007 - January 2014
• Acted as board secretary and legal advisor to the Board of Directors of the bank and RBS Leasing (China) Co. Ltd. l
• Responsible for board office operation and power of attorney office operation, drafted and implemented relevant governance policies, and initiated and organized governance projects. l
• Drafted and edited various legal documents, including amendments to articles of association, bylaws, board resolutions, shareholder resolutions, standard facility letters, trade finance agreements, guarantees and other legal agreements for consumer banking business and corporate banking business. l
• Reviewed and negotiated documents prepared by external counsel or client relating to various transactions, such as finance lease, mortgages, and trade. l
• Supervised external lawyers on litigation cases.
- Legal Counsel & Company Secretary, Vice President at THE ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND (CHINA) CO. LTD
- at THE ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND (CHINA) CO. LTD
- at THE ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND (CHINA) CO. LTD
- Legal Advisor at Legal & Compliance Department
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- LLM - business
- LL.B - International Commercial Law