Hoffman Estates, IL 2012 to 2017
Sr Compensation Analyst (Department restructured – position eliminated)
Provided consultative services to business unit management and managed compensation support to 40 HR business partners in 22 business units regarding broad-based and incentive compensation matters.
• Positioned jobs within and implemented transition from broadband to grade structure for salaried roles, providing meaningful salary data and aiding in attracting and retaining employees.
• Created job families for Online business unit totaling 250 jobs necessitated by conversion of contractors to employees, high-profile business and lack of distinctly defined roles, converting 152 contractors and backfilling 68 additional positions, saving $4.3M versus targeted $1.1M.
• Conducted minimum wage review to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local minimum wage laws.
- Sr Compensation Analyst at Sears Holdings Co
- Contractor at Mead Johnson Nutrition
- Staff Consultant at HRadvantage (A Division of Gallagher Benefit Services)
- Contractor at ACCO Brands
5 years at this Job
- MBA - Finance and Marketing
- B.S. - General Engineering
- Berlin, Connecticut 2001-Present
A Fortune 500 Energy Company - Regulated Subsidiaries Offer Retail Electricity and Natural Gas Service to 3.6 Million+ Customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
Senior Workers' Compensation Analyst
Coordinate and perform the investigation of all Workers' Compensation claims. Serve as a project leader in the investigation, coordination and evaluation of complex Workers' Compensation cases. Obtain and review medical records for Workers' Compensation cases and work with physicians and Company nurse case management for proper medical and legal determinations. Provide counsel and technical direction regarding claims handling to analysts. Represent NU at informal Workers' Compensation hearings regarding involved and/or disputed cases. Implement training programs for staff and provide guidance and direction to Workers' Compensations Analysts. Collaborate with staff attorneys to develop and improve NU's investigation procedures. Handle subrogation and coordinate employee settlements with third parties.
• Expertise - Maintain expert-level knowledge of Workers' Compensation laws, liens statutes and other statutes.
• Relevant Legal Knowledge - Maintain working knowledge of the Law of Torts with emphasis on the Law of Negligence. Maintain up to date knowledge of case interpretations which may affect the handling of Workers' Compensation matters in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- Senior Workers' Compensation Analyst at EVERSOURCE ENERGY/ NORTHEAST UTILITIES
- Claims Adjuster, Case Management at EBI/ ROYAL/ SUN ALLIANCE
- Claims Adjuster, Case Management at THE HARTFORD
- Assistant Case Manager, Utilization Review Analyst at HEALTH DIRECT, INC
18 years at this Job
- - Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- - Emergency Medical Technician
- Associate in Science - Medical Technology
For the past 4 years as Lead Compensation Analyst, the position provided both analytical and consultative compensation support to the largest of the three Centers in MITRE, the Center for National Security (CNS). With the recent corporate reorganization and departure of the compensation manager, assumed an expanded role, providing consultative compensation support to senior management in Corporate Operations and the CP&T worlds. The position covers a variety of responsibilities from monthly reporting to participating in strategic initiatives as well as interim management of the corporate compensation group. Recently, promoted to the position of Corporate Compensation Manager
• Provide subject matter expertise and consultative guidance on compensation practices to both HR Business Partners, Recruiting, and business leaders
• Performs advanced analytics on compensation data identifying trends, anomalies, and/or gaps.
• Participated in and led compensation-related projects which involve development and/or re-design of existing compensation programs, NSA Incentive Program, International Incentive Program, Hawaii Incentive Program.
• Design and develop metrics and dashboards to support a variety of compensation initiatives, such as the Annual Review Reports, Mid-Year Spend Reports, New Hire Reports
• Draws insights from data and information analysis and creates reports and tools to communicate information and model scenarios.
• Provides high attention to detail and accuracy with well-developed and honed analytical skills.
• Responsible for the development and analysis of employee, demographic and salary data.
• Contribute expertise to the management of pay programs.
• Review requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate pay levels and FLSA classification MITRE Awards:
• 2015 People's Choice Award
• 2015 Directors Award - People in Partnership
• 2016 Spark Award - from Steve Kirin
• 2016 Special Recognition Team Award
• 2017 Spark Award - from Kurt Cowles
• 2017 Spark Award - Steve Kirin
- Compensation Manager / Lead Compensation Analyst at MITRE Corporation
- Compensation Consultant (Contract) at Boston Beer Company
- Compensation Consultant (Contract) at American Dental Partners, Inc
- Compensation Consultant (Contract) at Nuance Communications, Inc
5 years at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Lake Forest, CA Mar. 2017 - Present Panasonic Avionics, a subsidiary of Panasonic Corp North America, is an international technology company with operations in over 80 countries throughout the US, Asia, Australia, Europe, Middle East, and Africa. Panasonic Avionics makes in-flight entertainment and communications systems for major commercial airline customers. Employee population is approx. 4,700. Sr. Compensation Analyst (Contract) ◆ Develop, implement, and maintain base and incentive/bonus compensation programs both in the US and internationally for both executive and non-executive populations. ◆ Study and analyze wage/salaried jobs and work with HR Business Partners to prepare standardized job descriptions. ◆ Evaluate job worth using standard job evaluation techniques; determine grades and pay ranges. ◆ Assist in the development of incentive programs and the administration of performance review or merit-rating programs. ◆ Participate in compensation surveys and ensure competitive pay practices are maintained along with on-going efforts to ensure cost effectiveness and pay equity across programs. ◆ Evaluate programs, keep abreast of legislation, trends, advances and/or new technology and make recommendations for process improvements or changes. ◆ Provide counsel and support on all matters related to compensation to all levels of management and staff; Make recommendations to managers and business partners on all compensation issues; provide interpretation of local, state, and federal laws regulating compensation practices. ◆ Work with external vendors to administer compensation systems (currently using MarketPay). ◆ Establish databases and reporting tools to effectively administer organization-wide compensation programs. ◆ Participate in special projects: global leveling/grading system and mergers & acquisitions.
- Sr. Compensation Analyst (Contract) at PANASONIC AVIONICS
- Compensation Analyst (Corp. Contract) at CHOC CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL
- Regional HR Generalist at ZENITH EDUCATION GROUP
- HUMAN RESOURCES CONTRACTOR/CONSULTANT at High-Tech and Healthcare
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
- - Project Management
Perform all duties of Compensation Analyst - Create salary offer worksheet videos and presentations for hiring managers - Update salary structures - Determine paygrade for new and revised positions using Mercer Point Factor Analysis - Determine annual salary increase amount for employees - Provide the State of Ohio with revised and new classified job descriptions - Review and approve independent contractor requests and contracts on behalf of Human Resources - Collaborate with General Counsel, Accounts Payable, and Taxation in the approval of independent contractors and in the revision of the independent contractor policies and procedures - Apply university policies and government rules and regulations to independent contractor request
- Senior Compensation Analyst at Kent State University
- at Kent State University
- Compensation Analyst at Kent State University
- Human Resource Special Assistant at Kent State University
2 years at this Job
- Master of Human Resource Management - MHRM
- B.A. - Business and Organizational Communication
WORKERS' COMPENSATION ANALYST 2008 - PRESENT
• Maintain accuracy and integrity of workers' compensation claim records.
• Monitor and manage the performance of the TPA to help ensure timeliness and thoroughness of claim process.
• Monitor compliance with individual state workers' compensation guidelines.
• Communicate with employees, supervisors, TPA, and nurse case managers, as appropriate, regarding information needed to process and move a claim.
• Assist employees with any workers' compensation process concerns.
• Communicate with treatment providers as needed to obtain care for injured employee as well as documentation regarding care that has been rendered or is planned.
• Provide any needed information to TPA to assist with claim investigation or ongoing claim handling.
• Coordinate with location management to locate alternate work when employees are returned on a temporary modified duty status.
• Coordinate with outside vendor for light duty assignment when in house assignment is not available.
• Initiate the Interactive process with employees who have attained maximum medical improvement and are permanently unable to continue in the normal duties of their job classifications.
• Attend workers' compensation claim hearings when needed or as required.
• Participate in quarterly claim reviews with TPA and nurse case managers.
• Monitor employees who are off work thru FMLA guidelines.
• Travel to customer service and maintenance locations to provide on the job injury awareness and support.
• Use of Tableau to assess OJI current and historical data.
• Vendor management
- Workers' Compensation Analyst at SkyWest Airlines, Inc.
- Sr. Associate at TRANSAMERICA FINANCIAL ADVISORS, INC
- Administrator of Travel at SkyWest Airlines, Inc.
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate - Legal
• Advise on competitive pay decisions for job candidates by researching, benchmarking, and analyzing internal and external data in order to ensure compensation competitiveness
• Provide consultative guidance, interpretation, and recommendations HR Business Partners, Recruiters, and Leaders by addressing questions and advising on solutions; educating on compensation programs; and communicating program changes or new procedures
• Analyze and conduct market analyses by benchmarking jobs to external survey data, assessing internal equity, and communicating findings and recommendations
• Evaluate proposed and existing jobs by reviewing the scope, duties, responsibilities, and requirements for the role in order to determine the appropriate leveling with survey data
• Generate ad-hoc reports as requested including market adjustment reports, out-of-range reports, exemption change reports, or other compensation-related analyses for use by designated groups within the organization
• Draft and distribute communication of compensation messaging and announcements regarding to annual salary and merit planning, routine compensation analyses, incentive programs, and other compensation related content
- Compensation Analyst at Southwest Airlines
- Pyramid Consulting (Contractor at Southwest Airlines
- Executive Compensation Consultant at Baylor Scott & White Health
- Global Senior Compensation Lead at Monsanto Company
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Human Resource Development
• Developed compensation model to analyze current business processes and decreased operational cost by 14% over a period of 1 year by changing compensation payout process.
• Plan, develop, and maintain multiple databases in Oracle and SQL Server for all segments of business that captures compensation, sales, and retention activity.
• Create Business Intelligence tools or systems, including design of related databases, spreadsheets, and outputs.
• Develop and administer appropriate compensation plans to multiple segments of business.
• Conduct competitive analysis on internal and external salary statistics. Report to VP of Compensation findings and recommendations.
• Create BI models that captures production, staffing, budget impact and plan comparisons for each segment of business.
- Compensation Analyst at Florida Blue
- Business Analyst at Acosta Sales & Marketing
- Data Analyst at Bank of America
- Operations Analyst at VENUS Fashion, Inc
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration - Business Administration
Analyze market research to verify industry averages for positions company-wide. ♦ Conduct market research to determine appropriate stock option percentages. ♦ Develop compensation structure based off external and internal data. ♦ Analyze geographic information to accommodate branch locations.
- Compensation Analyst at Admiral Insurance Company
- Corporate Tax and Credit Intern at Sharp Electronics Corporation
- Finance Intern- Summer Internship (2 summers) at Bracco Diagnostics Inc
3 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Accounting - Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
Provide project leadership and high-level analytical work developing, supporting, implementing and administering compensation and classification programs and policies. Proactively develop and participate in market surveys and compensation studies. Use job evaluation tools, concepts and methodologies to conduct individual reclassification and equity reviews and organizational studies. Support the collective bargaining process by preparing complex cost analyses for multi-year contracts. Develops and presents formal and informal training, and communicates compensation related information. Takes a lead role with the assessment, strategic planning, and development of classification and compensation programs. Research and design compensation structures and pay programs. Develop recommendations for updates to compensation policy, procedures, and programs Conduct base pay market and data analysis for job families and individual jobs. Prepare salary analyses and recommendations based on internal and external salary data. Prepare costing scenarios for the purpose of developing compensation options for management decision-making, including costing scenarios for multi-year collective bargaining wage proposals, market pay studies, and internal equity studies. Analyze and interpret salary survey data to develop compensation structures and programs, and ensure market competitiveness. Coordinate wage and performance based merit pay programs, including the preparation of eligibility rosters, salary schedules, planning forms and overseeing distribution and collection of data. Draft new or revised classification tools, including classification specifications, questionnaires, job family matrices, and benchmark descriptions. Conduct job evaluation reviews on existing and new positions to determine appropriate classification. Prepare classification analyses and recommendations. Provide subject matter and business process expertise to the development of HR enterprise systems. Participate in HRIS workgroups and committees, particularly for systems related to compensation, and classification. Function as HRIS Compensation and Performance Management software Subject Matter Expert. Oversee the deployment and training of staff and management on new compensation related software applications such as performance appraisal, salary budgeting, etc. Develop and prepare comprehensive periodic and ad hoc workforce data reports to management.
- Compensation Analyst at Manatee County Government
- Financial Risk Reporting Analyst at Citigroup Inc.
- Compliance Associate at Americas Leading Finance, LLC
- Compliance Monitoring & Testing Analyst at Americas Leading Finance, LLC
6 months at this Job
- Master in Business Administration - Operations Mangement
- Bachelor of Sciences - Business Administration