For the past 4 years as Lead Compensation Analyst, the position provided both analytical and consultative compensation support to the largest of the three Centers in MITRE, the Center for National Security (CNS). With the recent corporate reorganization and departure of the compensation manager, assumed an expanded role, providing consultative compensation support to senior management in Corporate Operations and the CP&T worlds. The position covers a variety of responsibilities from monthly reporting to participating in strategic initiatives as well as interim management of the corporate compensation group. Recently, promoted to the position of Corporate Compensation Manager
• Provide subject matter expertise and consultative guidance on compensation practices to both HR Business Partners, Recruiting, and business leaders
• Performs advanced analytics on compensation data identifying trends, anomalies, and/or gaps.
• Participated in and led compensation-related projects which involve development and/or re-design of existing compensation programs, NSA Incentive Program, International Incentive Program, Hawaii Incentive Program.
• Design and develop metrics and dashboards to support a variety of compensation initiatives, such as the Annual Review Reports, Mid-Year Spend Reports, New Hire Reports
• Draws insights from data and information analysis and creates reports and tools to communicate information and model scenarios.
• Provides high attention to detail and accuracy with well-developed and honed analytical skills.
• Responsible for the development and analysis of employee, demographic and salary data.
• Contribute expertise to the management of pay programs.
• Review requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate pay levels and FLSA classification MITRE Awards:
• 2015 People's Choice Award
• 2015 Directors Award - People in Partnership
• 2016 Spark Award - from Steve Kirin
• 2016 Special Recognition Team Award
• 2017 Spark Award - from Kurt Cowles
• 2017 Spark Award - Steve Kirin
- Compensation Manager / Lead Compensation Analyst at MITRE Corporation
- Compensation Consultant (Contract) at Boston Beer Company
- Compensation Consultant (Contract) at American Dental Partners, Inc
- Compensation Consultant (Contract) at Nuance Communications, Inc
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Compensation Manager (2016 – present) -Identifies and develops ways to improve the efficacy of the HR Strategy, including creation and enablement of global standards and tools. -Studies and analyzes all levels within the organization. Evaluates positions, determines grade/compensation targets and creates records for proof of validity of the evaluations. -Serves as Project Manager for 5 Businesses Units during the Merit, Bonus and Equity cycle (FPR). Sets deliverables and timelines, clarifies policy issues for Business Leaders and HR team and level sets expectations. Responsible for training of HR team on systems during FPR and processing of any files or system set up to ensure accurate data before go live. -Collaborates with other members of the corporate compensation team on enterprise wide initiatives, including Pay for Performance programs, instituting global compensation policy, Global Job Architecture establishment, and other projects as required. HR Business Partner/HR Project Specialist (2013 – 2016) -Provides program management oversight on projects that align to strategic pillars by assisting project leads, influencing stakeholder decisions, needs, and concerns (projects include yearly wage increase, associate engagement survey/results, global job architecture, associate recognition, EEO/affirmative action, and various international initiatives). -Established business intelligence tools including metrics, analytics and scorecards for the business to further analyze trends. -Worked in partnership with the business to enable the delivery of effectiveness and alignment through leadership, proactive solutions, communication and prioritization -Leveraged/coordinated with the HR Centers of Excellence to ensure that the business was represented in all major system initiatives. -Acted as liaison and front line to corporate functions and associates in all 27 countries within our business unit. Worked independently to resolve issues and provide solutions with guidance in one off / complex situations. HRB Implementation Consultant (2010 – 2013) -Managed implementations for HRB product, including preparing and conducting formal Project Planning Meetings, analyzing existing client systems to ensure desired results upon completion of the implementation process. Proactively built client relationships. -Assisted with the functional system design and demarcation of project milestones. -Applied in-depth knowledge of employment laws, regulations, best practices and product expertise. -Frequently ran a needs assessment on client systems and groups to determine knowledge gap analysis to best serve client during project cycle to train and enforce key lessons to ensure maximum client gain from project
- Compensation Manager at ADP
- Adjunct Instructor at Bryant and Stratton College
- HR Specialist II at Moog Inc
- at Moog Inc
8 years, 4 months at this Job
- MBA - Strategic Planning and Human Resources Management
- BS - Human Resources Management
- AAS - Business Office Management
Founded in 1946, Aspen Skiing Company operates the resort complex comprising four ski areas and multiple hotels, rental locations, and restaurants. Worker's Compensation Manager 2015-2016
• Directed all workers' compensation activities including relevant TPA's and broker.
• Managed litigated files along with inside and outside counsel, moved counsel to a more productive firm with a savings of $150/hr.
• Managed a one year reduction of $834,640 through active claim, attorney and TPA management.
• Redesigned the "Fit For Duty" safety management testing to include more roles and a more in- depth test.
• Redesigned all risk management and safety documentation with a focus on reporting tools and employee packets.
• Acted as company representative in trials and mediations, as well as an integral voice on the Risk Management Board.
- Worker's Compensation Manager at Aspen Ski Company
- Risk Contract Consultant at FTO Services
- Organizational Effectiveness and Risk Manager at OMK Tube, INC
- Insurance and Claims Coordinator at National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
1 year at this Job
- - management, environmental
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts in Speech Communication - Liberal Arts
- - Spanish Language Immersion Program
- Partnered closely with Aon to design and implement OmniTRAX's compensation structure from the ground up by building competitive salary grades and ranges. - Created and implemented all compensation policies to ensure fair and consistent compensation administration. - Completed a Request for Proposal to find a cutting-edge recognition vendor to improve employee engagement and reduce turnover. - After completing a cost analysis on the new compensation structure, partnered with department leaders and senior leadership to adjust employees' total cash compensation to be in line with market. - Implemented a new merit increase program by closely aligning performance with salary in range. - Led the redesign of job descriptions and job architecture - Built compensation tables in UltiPro to more effectively utilize the company's HR Information System.
- Compensation Manager at OmniTRAX, Inc
- Director of Compensation and Benefits at Richmond American Homes / MDC Holdings, Inc
- Manager of Compensation and Benefits at Richmond American Homes / MDC Holdings, Inc
- Senior Benefits Analyst at Richmond American Homes / MDC Holdings, Inc
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Human Resource Management
Develops and implements compensation pay strategies across the Global Supply Chain organization utilizing complex market competitive and cost impact analysis (includes USA, Latin America, Europe, and Singapore). Creates solutions to complex problems in alignment with pay strategies to ensure market competitiveness of compensation programs (e.g., merit and adjustment salary budget proposals, salary structures, setting appropriate starting pay, incentive compensation targets, differentials). Evaluates jobs using expert knowledge of job design and the Global Career Framework to establish market pricing benchmarks, salary structure assignment, and incentive target recommendations. Oversees the annual salary planning and merit review for the global organization, including manager training, manager/HR guidance, allocation of adjustment budgets, and cost/incumbent analysis. Key accomplishments: Developed and implemented a global internal equity analysis platform for use by global talent acquisition and human resources partners. Member of the Global Supply Chain HR Leadership Team. Guest Lecturer at UC Irvine to provide case study to Global Talent Aquistition certificate students.
- Global Compensation Manager at Edwards Lifesciences
- at Edwards Lifesciences
- Global Senior Compensation Analyst at Edwards Lifesciences
- Senior Compensation Analyst/Senior Consultant at Ray Associates, Inc
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English and Sociology
Responsible for all aspects of Compensation for the entire organization, covering all 5 hospitals and corporate centers. - Strategic decision making for the compensation function, all project endeavors for the team - Development and implementation of a new Job Architecture system enterprise-wide - Consultant to Executives, Managers and employees on compensation issues - Establish relationships with leaders and work with them to design and implement new incentive programs - Lead the creation of board materials with our designated consulting firm for comp committee review and board presentation - Design, implementation and communication of base pay and incentive programs - Design and manage the salary planning process - Establish policies and procedures for the enterprise - Work closely with HRIS on system improvements and new system implementation - Responsible for all compliance concerning DOL, FLSA, SEC
- Compensation Manager at CANCER TREATMENT CENTERS OF AMERICA
- Senior Compensation Manager at EXPRESS-SCRIPTS
- Compensation Manager at DENNY's CORPORATION
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business
• Provide quarterly analysis to explain YOY compensation variances for company's Direct and Indirect compensation expenses and reporting to management.
• Collect time allocation from all employees and calculate allocation percentages for compensation expense reclass purposes.
• Create and maintain schedules for payroll, payroll taxes, guaranteed payment (GP), partner distributions, bonus, profit sharing, LTD and other compensation benefits
• Performs reconciliations between compensation, benefits and expense reimbursements schedules and company's general ledger on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Compensation Manager at Kayne Anderson Capital, Management Company Accounting
- Senior Compensation Accountant at Golub Capital
- International Compensation Associate at Goldman Sachs & Co
- Compensation Manager at Morgan Stanley
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - GE Scholar recipient
Create and administer Compensation programs for 5 distribution centers, 1 fulfillment center, and multiple corporate functions. Support the stand up of a new distribution center by analyzing, modifying and creating compensation policies and programs. Provide support and recommendations to business group leaders regarding Compensation. Manage team of Compensation professionals to ensure team goals are achieved. Assist Vice President of Compensation on Executive Compensation programs.
- Compensation Manager at Big Lots
- Manager, Human Resources (Generalist) at The Scotts Miracle Gro- Company
- Manager, Compensation at The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
- Sr. Compensation Analyst at The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Business Administration
• Participate in the design, development & delivery of compensation programs and policies for the organization to drive strategic goals, ensure competitiveness, and maintain affordability.
• Maintain the salary structure including market updates and leveling and slotting of jobs.
• Manage salary planning tool (CompAnalyst).
• Manage survey participation, including Willis Towers Watson, Croner, Culpepper & budget surveys.
• Develop three-year salary and retention payment structure for pilot IT College Hire program.
• Implement salary structure for warehouse population and slotted over 140 non-benchmark jobs.
• Provide guidance and expertise on compensation-related issues to HRBPs.
• Partner with HRIS team to ensure data integrity in HCM tool.
• Supervise Compensation Analyst.
- Compensation Manager at Scholastic, Inc
- Total Rewards Manager at ACCENTURE, LLC
- VP, Director at STARCOM MEDIAVEST GROUP
- Assistant Director, HR at ENVIRONMENTAL DEFENSE FUND
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in English - English
• Organized and supervised Workers Compensation Program and processed legal documents.
• Developed and ensured compliance to compensation policies and procedures.
• Liaison to all referring nurse case managers, referring physician, adjusters and attorneys.
• Help train physicians understand the process and guidelines of workers compensation.
• Assisted physicians with complicated cases
• Workers with all 23 office managers on educating staff on the process of workers compensation and completing all Workers compensation paper work.
• Assisted various departments in preparing precertification for surgery cases, payment posting and charges and made sure all settlement claims are paid.
• Participated in all worker compensations conferences to market our program
• Analyzed inquiries and complaints and assisted in resolving all complaints.
• Prepared staff reports and associated correspondence to be submitted to management.
• Maintained statistics of all incoming new patients' referrals as well as provided end of month charges and receipts for workers compensation claims referred to the company.
• Trained incoming staff
• Liaison for referring phsycians
- Workers Compensation Manager at Rothman Institute
13 years, 2 months at this Job