Motivated focused professional with direct experience in human resources, management, customer service, technical and administrative support. Outstanding leadership skills fostering team building, growth and attention to details. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Flexible and versatile while maintaining professionalism and patience under pressure. Classification & Compensation Specialist, Georgia State University 2018-Present
• Serves as primary point of contact for Classification & Compensation inquiries for selected colleges and/or divisions.
• Assists in maintaining the campus job evaluation, pay plan systems and position evaluation forms for classified positions.
• Reviews and analyzes position evaluation forms and makes classification recommendations to managers and supervisors.
• Participates in salary surveys.
• Assists with developing and maintaining career paths for job titles.
• Participates with conducting classification workshops and trainings on specific Classification & Compensation policies and procedures.
• Reviews salary requests for internal hires that requires board approval.
• Assists with gathering market data.
Motivated focused professional with direct experience in human resources, management, customer service, technical and administrative support. Outstanding leadership skills fostering team building, growth and attention to details. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Flexible and versatile while maintaining professionalism and patience under pressure.
Classification & Compensation Specialist, Georgia State University 2018-Present
- Classification & Compensation Specialist at Georgia State University
- Human Resources Coordinator at Georgia Gwinnett College
- Sr. Administrative Coordinator -Classification & Compensation at Georgia State University
- Customer Service Supervisor/Coordinator at Verizon Wireless
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- BS - Marketing/Finance
Investigate and analyze facts surrounding a work related event as a medical only workers compensation specialist. Determine whether the claim for benefits should be accepted or denied upon conclusion of investigation. Manage accepted claims involving medical conditions that lead to complicated long-term medical only claims, claims involving restricted duty limitations, claims disability from work as a result of significant medical or surgery, claims in litigation for review, suspension, termination and settlement of benefits. Negotiate with vendors to acquire products or services or to address technical requirements, cost/pricing or other terms and conditions. Interpreting and applying laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures to address acquisition issues.
- Workers Compensation Specialist at UPMC Work Partners
- Licensing and Contracting Analyst at Underwriters Brokerage Service
- Senior Remote Long Term Disability Case Manager at MetLife Insurance Company
- Senior Benefit Case Manager at Cigna Group Insurance Company
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associates Degree - Business Management
Compensation Support May 2017 - Nov 2017
• Evaluates and analyzes salary data to determine market pricing for positions and appropriate salary ranges for such positions.
• Performs job analysis, reviews hourly wages, salaries and incentives in order to evaluate internal equity and competitiveness as well as legal compliance in the organization's pay practices.
• Participates in compensation related projects as assigned (i.e., location expansion, organizational changes, etc.).
• Provides compensation support to the locations on day-to-day compensation issues and processes.
• Provides support in the development, communication and implementation of compensation policies, processes and programs.
• Ensures compliance with state and federal wage and hour laws including but not limited to FLSA.
- Compensation Specialist at IKEA North America Service Office
- Test Scorer at Data Recognition Corporation
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- B.A. in Organizational Communication - Organizational Communication
• Physician Compensation Analysis
• Physician Payroll Processing
• Physician Benefits
• Physician Payroll Auditing
• New Hire Paperwork Administration
• New Hire Orientation
- Compensation Specialist at Kaiser Permanente
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Computer Science
• Perform in-depth analysis to create annual merit matrices, position-to-market reports and actions, appropriate levels of geographic differentials, and reports on market trends.
• Perform periodic audits of internal compensation data as needed.
• Partner with P&O Analytics team to provide relevant information and recommendations to P&O and the business.
• Participate in external surveys and conduct market analysis (benchmarking) to establish competitive pay in alignment with our pay philosophy and determine appropriate individual total compensation for associates.
• Manage systems used in annual compensation processes ensuring the necessary data is set-up, stored, and maintained correctly for the Compensation Team to leverage.
• Participate in compensation projects as required, which may include design of new and/or revised rewards programs, guidelines, and policies.
• Provide effective support and service to our internal P&O Generalist community; develop and deliver compensation tools, training and communication for P&O and line managers.
• Responsible for timely and accurate execution of compensation processes including job evaluation, benchmarking, surveys, pay structures, merit, AVP, compensation statements, audits, analysis, and governance.
• Ensure efficiency, relevance, effectiveness and regulatory compliance of compensation processes.
• Provide market trends, insights and position-to-market analysis for assigned areas of responsibility, as well as working with the Manager Compensation Business Partners on projects.
• Liaise with other teams such as HRIS, Payroll, Benefits, TA and Associate Relations, as needed.
- Compensation Specialist at The Banfield Pet Hospital
- Business Partner/ Real Estate Broker at Real Living, The RE Group & Keller Williams Realty
- Human Resources Manager at C&R Real Estate Services Co
- Human Resources Representative at Micropump, Inc
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Management and Organizational Leadership - Management and Organizational Leadership
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences - Human Resource Management
Colorado Springs Utilities is a municipal/citizen owned four service utility.
• Responsible for providing compensation consultation internally to HR, leaders and other stakeholders
• Perform base pay administration, salary structure adjustments and classification reviews to include FLSA exemption reviews
• Conduct and execute market pricing studies
• Merit matrix design, modeling and merit administration
• Responsible for merit and HR operational increase budget forecasting
• Ensure all components of compensation design are compliant with all applicable laws and regulations.
Colorado Springs Utilities is a municipal/citizen owned four service utility.
- Compensation Specialist at Colorado Springs Utilities
- Sr. HR Analyst at The City of Colorado Springs
- Sr. HR Business Partner at Lockheed Martin
- Recruiting Supervisor at Raytheon Technical Services
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology
• Manage the worker's compensation process from first report of injury to the employee's return to work
• Actively managed on average 180 active claims from medical to lost time with multistate
• Control departments bottom line by reducing the number of lost times due to injury
• Coordinate incident investigations to determine compensability, assist in litigation and/or determine the root cause/s.
• Analyze trends in claims to help prevent safety accidents
• Maintain the corporate OSHA log and assist sites in preparing required OSHA reports
• Audit safety compliance through program audits.
• Assist in training of field personnel in aspects of preventing and handling accidents.
• Work with attorneys to settle litigated claims includes attending mediation, depositions, submitting reports
• Specialist for 29 states with knowledge of workers compensation laws such states as New York, Texas, and Colorado
- Workers Compensation Specialist at Travel Centers of America
- Benefits Administrator at Travel Centers of America
- Human Resource Generalist at Travel Centers of America
- Assistant General Manager at Walmart
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Business Admin - Business Admin
- Graduate Certificate
Provide professional guidance, coordination and support for compensation practices and procedures ensuring compliance with state and federal employment regulations. KEY CONTRIBUTIONS:
• Provided training and instruction, as appropriate, in the day-to-day application of compensation programs, policies and procedures.
• Maintains and updates compensation databases and job descriptions.
• Research compensation-related issues and provided analysis resolution.
• Maintained HRIS data to ensure accurate information for reporting.
• Review all job descriptions to ensure the position follows FLSA guidelines and make any updates to the position as necessary.
• Analyze all employee job changes for compliance with company policies, and make any suggestions as needed to maintain internal equity.
- Compensation Specialist at MetaBank
- Leadership & Succession Analyst at Sanford Health
- Executive Assistant at Sanford Health
- Retail Manager at Mainstream Boutique
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration in Human Resources - Human Resources
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Strategic Planning - Business Administration
Workmen’s Compensation Adjuster Adjusting claims
Workmen’s Compensation Adjuster
- Workers Compensation Specialist at Berkshire Hathaway
- Claims Assistant at Paula Insurance Company
- Human Resources Manager at Sears Service
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
MedStar Health 10/2011- present Compensation Specialist HRIS Administrator Recruitment Administrator HR Assistant
● Provide project management support on compensation-related projects, i.e. new business acquisitions, conversions to PeopleSoft and Success Factors systems, and system-wide initiatives.
● Maintain job code, salary structure, grade tables and related information in the HRIS system and associated compensation databases. Assist in the system administration of the Talent REWARD compensation system, Success Factors Job Description module and Access databases, performing updates and backups on a regular basis. Ensures integrity of compensation-related HRIS data through regular audits; researches and notifies HR of the appropriate action to correct discrepancies and ensure compliance.
● Manage corporate compensation communication and requests for market and equity studies.
● Manage vendor and client relationships for Corporate Compensation department; ensuring all viable and best options are explored for new contracts.
● Increased compliance by regularly auditing compensation-related HRIS data to identify issues with employee job codes and rates.
● Oversee and support the management of employee data in the Human Resources Information System (PeopleSoft)
● Member of logistical transition team to system wide ERP for over 10,000 employees
● As senior team member, wrote new policies and procedures which were adapted into a new hire manual and implemented system wide.
● Review source documents for accuracy and completion of data input
● Prepare summaries and reports from the HRIS involving payroll information, performance management, and other employee data
● Run quality control testing for new acquisitions
● Train managers and HR Core Staff on all aspects of PeopleSoft and related data dependencies
● As a request from senior level Executive Team, took lead role of logistical transition team to system wide Recruitment model for six entities. Successfully set up operations and communication support for mostly remote Recruitment executive leadership and team.
● Provided logistical, communications, and reporting support to Recruitment leadership and team
● Processed on-boarding for the Baltimore region hospitals, averaging 100 associates per month using SuccessFactors applicant tracking system
● Implemented new procedures for pre-screening, interview scheduling, and background checks for potential employees.
● Scheduled interviews and ensures proper hiring paperwork is completed
● Ensures proper data is input into applicant tracking and HRIS systems
● Handled multifaceted HR tasks (e.g., data entry, filing, management of records, and employee relations) as the assistant to the Recruitment Team and Organizational Development departments. Assisted with special projects, maintained employee database and ensured the delivery of excellent customer service to associates
● Quickly became a trusted assistant known for "can-do" attitude, flexibility and high-quality work
● Assisted applicants and hospital associates with inquiries regarding employment opportunities and hospital policy and procedure
● Established and maintained employment records on an ongoing basis, including employment logs, licensing, new hires and terminations
● Assisted Reception with answering incoming calls, handling routine requests and inquiries
● Coordinator for monthly Hospital Orientation
- Compensation Specialist/Recruitment Coordinator/HR Coordinator at MedStar Health
- Interim HR Coordinator at EBI, Inc
7 years, 8 months at this Job