Regulatory Compliance Engineer, 1982 - 2010
Established as the single point of contact for all safety/EMC projects for the past 18 years. Consulted on all new designs/system requirements throughout the product lifecycle to ensure compliancy to EMC and safety. Expertise in worldwide EMC and safety standards (FCC, CSA60950, UL60950, IEC60950, ETSI EMC standards, CE, EU low voltage and EMC directives, EN55022, EN55024)
• Worked with third parties to coordinate compliance testing, scheduling and budget.
• Ensured that the appropriate test reports were generated, archived, and delivered to customers.
• Participated in mechanical, schematic and layout reviews to ensure EMC and safety requirements are properly implemented during design phase.
• Determined if any safety issues existed with new and alternate components.
• Supported Underwriters Laboratory (UL) follow-up inspection audits.
• Worked on AC/DC powered products for EMC and safety compliancy to ensure the layouts and mechanical assembles met compliancy standards.
• Monitored testing to ensure it was conducted in accordance with the standard.
• Setup systems to ensure proper operation during EMC and safety testing.
• Fixed EMC and safety failures and implemented corrective action into the design.
- Senior Lead Regulatory Compliance Engineer at Tellabs Operation, Inc
- at Tellabs Operation, Inc
8 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - (BS), Industrial Technology
Led teams to perform North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Operations and Planning (693) and Cybersecurity Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Compliance Audits of NERC-registered entities (generation, transmission, distribution) within the ERCOT region. ❖ Planned and managed audit workflows to ensure deadlines of deliverables (audit packages, Extranet set-up, audit reports, presentation to management) were met. ❖ Processed and analyzed collected audit evidence (operational logs and records, process documentation) to assess entity compliance with NERC 693 and CIP Standards. ❖ Utilized OSI PI, WebFG to obtain and analyze technical logs, real-time an.d historical information and data, one-line diagrams. ❖ Authored reports and presentations regarding audit findings which were presented to Texas RE management and NERC-registered entities. ❖ Trained and advised NERC-registered entities regarding NERC Standards.
- Compliance Engineer at TEXAS RELIABILITY ENTITY
- Investigator at RELIABILITYFIRST
- Transmission Quantitative Analyst at OPTIM ENERGY
- Compliance Analyst at TEXAS RELIABILITY ENTITY
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
Perform gas & diesel emissions component assembly audits, emissions warranty information report reviews, maintain supporting spreadsheet documents for monthly EWIR reports. When required, draft and submit defect reports to government regulatory agencies and follow-up with a corrective and preventative action program (CAPA). Conduct compliance scheduled factory audits of gas & diesel products, spreadsheet creation/maintenance for internal and online report submitting responsibilities to the Environmental Protection Agency and California Air Resources Board. Create and maintain ownership of process guidelines that support emissions compliance product application, ship release, SAP auditing and reporting related responsibilities. Assist with platform level process maps, PFMEA s and charters. Execute annual model year certification applications, unlock or lock requests and running change applications for EPA certificates of conformity and CARB executive orders. Submit quarterly and annual reports to EPA & CARB. Support the emissions compliance ship release approval process; maintain the master geographic regulatory compliance (GRC) spreadsheet for annual certifications, label requirements and GRC audit list/shipping release authorization tasks.
- Compliance Engineer at
- Design Engineer & Engineering Analyst, John Deere at Charlotte / Fuquay-Varina
- Application Engineer at Johnson Controls, Inc
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor - Science
- - Applied Science, HVAC Systems Engineering
Updated all global electrical compliance records and formed a record keeping system to ensure that all records would be maintained according to current and future changes in the regulations.
- Compliance Engineer at Prince Castle, LLC
- Regulatory Compliance & Environmental Health and Safety Consultant at AMS Stabilizers, Inc
- Auditor - Inspector at Bureau Veritas - Consumer Products Services
- Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance Manager at ETA HAND2MIND
5 months at this Job
- - Analytical Chemistry and Chemical Business
Principle responsibility includes testing world-wide regulatory compliance (RF, DFS, Adaptivity, EMC, Product Safety, NEBS, BT/BLE) for WLAN 802.11a/g/n/ac/ax equipment. Performing verification/ characterization tests in lab, auditing certified products, and recording results. Creating test plans for external lab testing and certification. Set up lab equipment for both radiated and conducted set ups, executing tests in anechoic chambers, bench testing and debug/data collection of WLAN/Bluetooth chips to verify and characterize failure modes. Prototype chip/board screening, data collection and logging. Testing products and management of international regulatory approvals for wired and wireless products such as WLAN, Bluetooth, RFID, NFC, and NIC Security. Extensive interaction with external test labs such as UL, NTS and regulatory consulting firms and regulating agencies. Support for volume manufacturing/production. Interface with marketing, engineering, manufacturing and customer to address and resolve regulatory issues.
- Compliance Engineer at Broadcom Limited
- English Proofreader at
- Graphic Design Intern at Computek Software
- Sales and Accounting Assistant at
7 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Engineering
As an engineer, very successful in building a product compliance program from the ground up. Well respected by engineering, marketing, sourcing, and sales. Known for being technical yet approachable. Managed all product safety, quality, and testing including working with UL, SGS, and TUV. I have broad experience with residential and commercial furniture, residential lighting, upholstery fabrics and leather, textiles, carpets and rugs, bedding and mattreses. Well versed in children's product requirements and testing. Keywords: ASTM, UL, cUL, Flammability, Quality, Testing, Furniture.
- Compliance Engineer, Customer Service at Ethan Allen
- Pizza delivery/store assistant at Domino's
- Accident Investigator at CED-AAI
- Lab Manager/Quality Manager/Safety Manager at Black and Decker
11 years, 1 month at this Job
- BS Mechanical Engineering - Engineering
● Analyze client data to ensure compliance with the state and federal guidelines for personnel and environmental safety
● Inspect various number of Hospitals, Pharmaceutical and Food industries to ensure compliance with USP, EPA, DOH, NYSDEC and NYCDEP standards and the environmental conditions are maintained according to ISO classifications
● Analyze the root cause of clients previous environmental violations/deviations and suggest corrective actions in order to mitigate any future violations
● Assess the total impact of local facilities on environment by calculating total greenhouse and harmful gas emissions
● Monitor client permits/compliance reports and report data as required by environmental regulations and permits
● Interpret facility design and drawings to ensure compliance with DOB guidelines
● Submit DEP, DEC, EPA, DOH, DOB initial registrations and renewals in order to legalize and void violations
● Analyze and manage client data entries to ensure accuracy of information and maintain client database for future audits by regulatory agencies
- Compliance Engineer at Environmental Engineering Solutions P.C
- Engineering Intern at Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
- Engineering Intern at AVA Biotech
7 months at this Job
- Master's - Environmental Technology and Sustainability
- - Chemical Engineering
• AS9100 Internal Lead Auditor
• Performs departmental audits (System and Process) for AS9100 compliance and NADCAP
• Issues and handles Internal Corrective Action Report (ICAR) based on Audit Findings
• Handles the Compliance of the company - includes Safety Compliance
• Act as a liaison to Customer Audits and Customer Visits
• Reviews Non-Conformance Report (NCR) from customers and issues RMA (Return Material Authorization) and handles customer issues
• Handles NCMR (Non Conformance Material Review) and MRB (Material Review Board)
• Provides CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action Report) and FAR (Failure Analysis Report) to customers
• Serves as a resource to departments for problem identification, resolution and continuous improvement
• Work with Process Engineers in finding root cause and corrective actions to reported quality issues
- COMPLIANCE ENGINEER / QUALITY ENGINEER at SOMACIS, INC
- ACCOUNTING ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT at ANDERSON PACIFIC ENGINEERING CONSTRUCTION
- QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST / QUALITY ENGINEER at TTM TECHNOLOGIES
- QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST/MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE at DIAMOND MOTOR CORPORATION
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Computer Science
- Associates of Arts in Hotel and Restaurant Management - Hotel and Restaurant Management
Worked very closely with Electrical Engineers, Quality Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Electronic Technicians and Production Team to produce battery chargers for compliance with UL, UN, CB/IEC, EMI/EMC and FCC requirements nationally and internationally. Wrote the compliance test procedure for performing the battery charger tests. Conducted battery charging, discharging and chamber temperature, force and drop tests. Reviewed customer requirement documents, battery specifications, schematics, PCBs, part-lists, mechanical drawings and battery safety documents etc. Prepared and processed compliance testing documents and submitted to compliance testing centers nationally and internationally. Worked with national and international compliance testing engineers and participated in the company meetings. Organized and followed up with battery test centers. Reviewed, analyzed and approved compliance testing reports. The following were only some compliance test documents worked on: UL2054, UL 1642, UL60950, UN38.3, CB/IEC62133, MIL-STD-461E, MIL-STD-810E & MILSTD-130N.
- Reliability & Compliance Engineer at Totex Manufacturing Inc
- Electronic Engineering Technician at FEI-Zyfer Inc
- Job Searched and Donuts Store Manager Part-time at
- Senior Reliability Engineer at ManTech SRS Technologies/JPL/NASA
3 months at this Job
- BSEE - Electrical Engineering
• Configuration Management and Change Control (CMCC) process manager
• Developed equipment and system validation (IQ, OQ, PQ and UAT test scripts) documentation
• Design user work instructions for temperature and environmental monitoring system equipment
• Implement user and administrator standard operating procedures (SOPs) for digital signature software QMS Specialist
• Streamline the document change control process
• Implemented performance trending metrics for document change control process
• Document development of work instructions, standard operating procedures and forms
• Document review and assessment of software validation documents (MVP, RMP, SRS, TM, IQ, OQ, PQ) for compliance to government regulated bodies and industry best practices (GAMP5)
• Performed internal audits of Trial Master Files (TMFs) and internal Quality systems and standard operating procedures per 21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and ICH E6
• Supported the Compliance leadership team during the execution of external audits (audit preparation / document development) and management of backroom activities
• Performed software validation activities (MVP, RMP, SRS, TM, IQ, OQ, PQ, UAT)
- Validation Compliance Engineer at Imaging Endpoints II, LLC
- Quality Engineer III at GT Advanced Technologies
- QA Validation Engineer II • Senior Engineer, Advanced Quality at Stryker Sustainability Solutions
- QA Engineer II at West Pharmaceuticals, Inc
4 years at this Job
- BS - Bioengineering
- MBA - Technology Management