Completed audits throughout the regional foot print. Maintained integrity by providing operational, audit, and internal control support to branch staff. Served as the internal control compliance examiner in charge. Planned and developed the internal control audit plan for branches, organizing and identifying resources as needed and analyzing process documentation by completing and adhering to internal control procedures.
• Maintained proper documentation, approvals, and sufficient retention while meeting time sensitive deadlines.
• Ensured operational and risk management excellence by maintaining knowledge of bank operations, risk management, security, and problem resolution strategies.
- Internal Control Compliance Examiner II at Branch Banking & Trust, Central VA & Charlotte VA Market
- Area Operations Officer-Compliance II at Branch Banking & Trust, Central VA & Charlotte VA Market
- Assistant Branch Manager at First Virginia Bank
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Diploma - Foundations of Banking
- - Business Administration & Management
• Lead cycle compliance examinations of Los Angeles District broker-dealers
• Develop recommendations and report findings for each examination, and facilitate any required remedial, corrective, or formal enforcement action
- Compliance Examiner at Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- Teaching Assistant- Regulation of Derivatives, Professor Elizabeth Ritter at United States Securities and Exchange Commission- SEC University
- Attorney, Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities at United States Department of Justice
- Multi-Family Capital Markets Compliance Specialist at Freddie Mac
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Laws in Securities and Financial Regulation; Certificate in International Taxation
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications; Minor and Certificate in Latin American Studies
• Conducted on-site regulatory examinations of member firms
• Communicated effective feedback to member firm personnel to fix deficiencies and ensure the firm is compliant with NFA and CFTC guidelines.
• Reviewed various areas of compliance including Anti-Money Laundering, cybersecurity, fund financials, trade order reconstruction, etc.
• Provided on going mentorship to new hires.
- Compliance Examiner at National Futures Association
- Sales Associate at Luxottica Group
- Accounting Intern at Tella Tool and Mfg
- Marketing and Customer Service Representative at Illini Legal Services
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Finance - Statistics and Probability
Conducts field examinations of financial service providers and insurance companies such as banks, pawnshops and credit unions to determine compliance with state and federal laws, policies,
rules, and regulations
• Examines records of assets such as cash and accounts due from institutions, investments, loans, real estate, and equipment to verify accuracy and composition of data provided in financial statements.
• Examines records of liabilities such as deposit accounts, savings accounts, certificates of deposit, taxes, debts, loans, other borrowed money, and accrued expenses; reviews records of stockholder's equity such as common stock, preferred stock, capital surplus, retained earnings, and subordinated debt to determine accuracy of and composition of data in financial statements.
• Prepares reporting schedules on numerous detail tasks areas, including concentrations of assets in a particular area, rate sensitivity analysis, liquidity and funds management, and premises and equipment.
• Attends meetings with top-level management to obtain information, resolve discrepancies, and report findings.
- Compliance Examiner at Office of Financial Institutions
- Quality Assurance Analyst at CVS Health
- Auditor at Trailblazer Health Enterprises, LLC
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Accounting
* Performed daily surveillance of securities transactions received from sales offices. * Reviewed trade reports from various sources for suitability and/or regulatory concerns to ensure accordance with Rule 2111. * Traveled to sales offices and conducted annual and special compliance inspections by reviewing the books and records, interviewing personnel, and observing day-to-day operations in the office. * Handled customer complaint responses (mutual funds, variable annuities, and variable life insurance) and investigations. Provided responses via FINRA Gateway portal. * Collected and organized the required material for ad hoc regulatory requests (NYC, State, Federal). * Conducted special reviews and investigations of alleged violations of company policies and/or securities rules. * Enforced the Electronic Communications policy by conducting ongoing and targeted reviews of e-mail correspondence and other postings to/from employees of the firm. * Reviewed and determined pre-hire qualifications and investigated background disclosures for proposed administrative personnel and registered representatives; Form U4 and U5 registration filings. * Handled internal and external requests regarding to how to follow compliance policies and procedures. * Provided comprehensive written and verbal reports to management, including but not limited to, surveillance, investigations, and sales offices inspections.
- Compliance Examiner at First Investors Corporation
- Stock Associate at NAPA Auto Parts
- Security Officer/Receptionist at AlliedBarton - Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- B.S. - Mathematics of Finance
Floor 10 Harrisburg, PA 17101 United States 11/2010 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 38 Compliance Examiner Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Independently reviews the initial business case submission and all proposed amendments and waivers to the internal controls and audit protocols (collectively, "internal controls") submitted to the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) by private enterprise businesses. Applies in-depth knowledge to ensure all internal control submissions and filings are complete, accurate, and comply with the procedures adopted by the Office of Gaming Operations and the requirements set forth in applicable laws, regulations, and technical standards, such as the Pennsylvania Race Horse Development & Gaming Act. Works in conjunction with the slot machine licensees and their representatives to obtain documentation which is in full compliance with applicable rules and regulations. As part or daily and non-routine activities, employs commonly applied accounting principles, business concepts, and analytic methodologies to carry out assignments. Coordinates PGCB directives by acting as liaison between the casino contact and the state to resolve deficiencies in submissions. Identifies and resolves problem when working closely with the casino representative and persuading them, in both oral and written communication, to revise submissions or submit amendments to adequately maintain compliance with gaming laws and regulations. Plans and manages project scheduling and resources by reviewing all required file data and information for accuracy and clarity before accepting and initiating the review process. Without managerial oversight, responsible for self-management and procurement of any missing file data to ensure quality and details of the submission. Observes slot machine licensees' test nights and training sessions for legal compliance and prepares documentation and written reports in accordance with established standards, presenting the results of the examination and conclusions to the Compliance Manager and the Director of Gaming Operations. Notes instances of willful or inadvertent noncompliance, the correct procedures to follow, and courses of action to bring the licensee in accord with laws and regulations. Initiates routine correspondence and performs data entry. Updates databases to ensure accurate information is being tracked regarding applicant's internal controls. Provides scheduled and ad hoc updates on project status to supervisors. Presents draft and final written reports, as well as oral meeting briefs for management. Supervisor: Patty Gustavson (717-214-9290) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- Compliance Examiner at Pennsylvania State Gaming Control Board
- Administration Assistant at Pennsylvania State Gaming Control Board
- Associate Service Operations Specialist at Health America Health Insurance
- Activities Coordinator at Episcopal Square Apartments
8 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Psychology
Works with teams on examinations and audits of complex financial institutions and financial services providers to evaluate and utilize risk management principles; Analyze the objectives and scope of work to be completed in the assessment of the area of risk that include establishment of document review requirements and testing design
● Compose, edit, and present written materials for senior management and written critical analyses as part of work related to financial institutions; Perform internal underwriting audits to include discrepancies, deficiencies, and trending issues
● Works as an examiner in the credit risk examinations areas assessing existing potential credit risk associated with loan and investment portfolios, real estate owned and other assets to identify, measure, monitor and control credit risk; Assess the adequacy of underwriting standards, soundness of credit administrative practices, identify appropriate risk to rate practices and nature of credit documentation exceptions
● Ensure all required processes and procedures were followed; system of record noted, documentation imaged and appropriate borrower communication (verbal and written) is performed in accordance to Directives and Internal Operating Procedures
● Review files in their entirety for errors, misrepresentations, or other deficiencies that could be identified in the Foreclosure review resulting in financial injury to the borrower or the mortgagee to include performing and non -performing assets for transactions to monitor the trend of charge offs
● Assess the level and pace of asset growth, the adequacy of loan and investment policies, procedures and practices, and the ability of management to properly administer assets
● Complete Claim Reviews and performed Harm Evaluation according to Promontory/OCC definitions
- COMPLIANCE EXAMINER at INFINITY INTERNATIONAL PROCESSING SERVICES
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR at
- COMPLIANCE EXAMINER at FIDELITY INFORMATION SERVICES
- SERVICING EXAMINER at FIRST GUARANTY MORTGAGE CORPORATION
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Technology and Management
• Perform on-site examinations of Member firm's to identify key issues and compliance violations of CFTC & NFA Rule and Regulations including testing of Futures Commission Merchants Segregation and Secured Requirements
• Test financial documents for accuracy and completeness
• Analyze and review financial filings and compliance questionnaires
• Provide guidance to Members regarding CFTC & NFA Rules, Regulations, and Interpretative Notices
• Advise Member Firm's Senior Management in order to correct any deficiencies or violations
- Compliance Examiner II at National Futures Association
- Community Operations Intern at Shiftgig
- Founding member at Love Your Melon
- Crew Leader at Chicago Electric Boat Company
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Finance
- Bachelors of Science (Candidate) - Finance
Performs data collection in compliance with examination program requirements and analyzes collected
data to identify irregularities and trends.
• Conducts periodic oversight reviews, makes independent determinations, takes appropriate remedial actions, and escalates issues, when appropriate.
• Conducts onsite examinations to evaluate compliance with written policies and procedures and alerts appropriate parties of identified issues, escalates items as appropriate.
• Drafts and distributes examination related communications to internal customers, external customers, and senior management.
- REMOTE COMPLIANCE EXAMINER I at Raymond James
- INVESTMENT SPECIALIST at Merrill Edge
- SENIOR CLIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE at Deutsche Bank
- CLIENT ANALYST at Deutsche Bank
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree - Financial Services
-Responsible for conducting branch audits of securities brokerage and investment advisory offices. -Prepare reports on results of Branch audits with Supervisory Managers and Regional Directors. -Work with managers to fix compliance deficiencies and offer recommendations to make compliance efficient. -Assist with the examination process offering feedback to make the examinations more efficient and less invasive. -Investigate potential exceptions and escalate to upper management when appropriate. -Review Books and Records for accuracy and update U4 and firm record's when required
- Vice President - Compliance Examiner at JPMorgan Chase
- Chief Compliance Officer/Director of Operations at Financial Services International
- Regional Administrator at Penn Mutual/HTK
- Sr. Compliance Analyst at E.K. Riley, LLC
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics and Business Administration