Part Control Engineer addressing part selection, obsolescence issues, part qualification and part data system management for commercial, industrial, aerospace and military products. Corporate part data management team and technical support for design, manufacturing, quakity, sourcing and sustaining engineering. Part obsolescence management responsibility. Component Alert/PCN program management.
- Senior Component Engineer (contract) at ABACO SYSTEMS LLC
- Senior Component Engineer - Corporate Sourcing Group at TECHNICOLOR LLC Connected Home Division
- CE contributor/SME at TCH
- Senior Component Engineer - Interconnect and Magnetics Team at CISCO SYSTEMS (SCIENTIFIC-ATLANTA)
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
• Prepare ECR, ECN, and ICR related documentation
• Evaluate Bill of Materials(BOMs) and quotes
• Purchase order processing with Syteline
• Provide component engineering insight
• Conduct research regarding mechanical, electromechanical, and electrical components on Netcomponents, Silicon Expert, and assorted supplier websites-Digikey, mouser, etc.
• Ownership of approval process for engineering documentation
• Expert explanation about engineering related inquiries
- Component Engineer at Intervala
- Fry Cook at Italian Village Pizza
- Manager at Thwing Center Operations Staff
- Mathematics Tutor at Mathematics Department at Bethany College
7 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Electrical Engineering/Pre
- Bachelors - Physical Science
Space and Infra Red Products. PMP (Parts Management and Procurement Engineer) for Space and Infra Red Products. This includes numerous functions, such as DPA review (PIND, X-Ray, XRF, Fine and Gross Leak, Metallization for ICs, dye penetrate, etc.) for space applications, and qualifying commercial parts for launch applications. Other duties include gold embrittlement studies, qualifying and approving degolding/retinning procedures, writing internal specifications to standardize and replace obsolete components, and assisting receiving inspection with multiple issues concerning certification/qualification data accompanying components to be stocked.
- Component Engineer at L-3 Space and Sensors
- Component Engineer at Boeing
- Component Engineer at L-3 Space and Navigation
- Component Engineer at Commscope
1 year, 2 months at this Job
• Reviewed and drafted Concept schematic symbols. Managed and maintained schematic symbol library used by the entire company
• Managed resistor and capacitor component libraries. Updated over 25,000 ordering part numbers across 20 resistor and capacitor suppliers. Assisted design engineers in the proper component selection for use in production and internal board designs to maximize sourcing availability
• Extensively used internal component databases to update electrical attributes for hundreds of parts including MOSFETs, DRAM ICs, Inductors, Capacitors, and electro-mechanical parts, used by designers for proper component selection. Recommended and introduced additional attributes that would be needed for the efficiency analysis of DC-DC converters
• Worked with cross disciplinary teams to identify design process inefficiencies
• Closely worked with suppliers to procure component documentation that would meet NVIDIA company standards and verify ordering part numbers based on desired electrical parameters
• Developed a spreadsheet tool that is now used by operations staff to manage document procurement for new part requests
• Trained employees (contractors, interns, members of various internal teams) in NVIDIA design software and processes
- COMPONENT ENGINEER (CONTRACTOR) at NVIDIA CORPORATION
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering
Syndetix is a privately held company that provides electronic engineering, test, and support for military customers. My position is with the Army's SVAD (Survivability, Vulnerability, and Assessment Directorate) group located at the White Sands Missile Range. This group is concerned with assessment of nuclear and electromagnetic radiation effects on military electronic systems.
• Maintain and manage several relational databases that I designed eight years ago that are still in everyday use.
• Real-time support for Syndetix customers and military contractors. (GD, L3, Raytheon, Precision-Fire, F35, Bradley)
• Track electronic components through gamma and neutron radiation exposure testing.
• Manage obsolescence issues by closely monitoring all PCN activity via various commercial services.
• Monitor PCN activity for component changes that affect radiation hardness.
• Closely monitor counterfeit component market via GIDEP to provide "early warning" to procurement.
• Expanding automated data acquisition system used for monitoring an environmentally controlled (temperature, humidity, nitrogen pressure) storage of electronic components to additional facilities.
• Designing aluminum nitrogen-filled storage canisters to replace existing plastic design.
- Sr. Component Engineer at Syndetix Incorporated
- Engineer III at Dish Technologies
- Sr. Staff Engineer at Indev Gauging Systems
- Sr. Component Engineer at Syndetix Incorporated
1 year, 4 months at this Job
• Document control (using Manex system)
• Testing and seting up test process
• Writing test procedures.
- Component Engineer at
- at US Prefrerred Realty Mesa
- Realtor at Century 21 Classic Properties
- Electronic Technician at Mahi Networks
1 year at this Job
- Associate Degree in Electronics - Electronics
• Use CAD tools, such as Creo3 and SolidWorks, to design and model 3D mechanical assemblies, modify and create 2D drawings.
• Test and analyze mechanical products to meet thermal/vibration standards, product structuring requirements, and complete system development.
• Apply Product Lifecycle Management tool to manage and inspect company goods to keep projects up to date.
• Help Compliance team with Chinese translations of documents and nameplates.
• Request and process all engineer POs, deliveries, and invoices. Use expertise to develop a simple process that ensures work is aligned and executed according to customer strategy.
- Mechanical Component Engineer at General Electric Power Division
- Mechanical Engineer at PPB Engineering & System Design
- School Senior Project - Analysis of Replacing an Oil-fired Hot Water Heater at New Tankless Hot Water Heater System at Clymore Elementary School
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering
Wrote test procedures, managed test technicians & operators, debugged rework/RMA boards, and worked with customers/production to assure high yield & on time delivery. Also headed component engineering team to support project managers and purchasing department with BOM scrubbing and finding second sources.
- Test/Component Engineer at Express Manufacturing Inc
- Hardware Engineer Intern at Teradek, Irvine
- CAD Drafter at California Community Colleges Technology Center
- Data Technician at California Community Colleges Technology Center
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Computer Engineering
• Acts as Certified Responsible Engineer Delegate (CRE-D) for pressure transducers, temperature sensors, a telemetry and video processing unit, a camera, and cryogenic hermetic electrical connectors
• Enacts qualification testing, R&D, failure analyses, and drawing updates with multidisciplinary internal/external teams
• Prevented several multi-month $10K+ production schedule impacts during suspect component failure investigations via timely test and analysis, customer interaction, and production integration
- Electrical Component Engineer at United Launch Alliance
- Electrical Systems Engineer at United Launch Alliance
- Electrical Operations Support Equipment Intern at United Launch Alliance
- Strategic Planning & Development Intern at United Launch Alliance
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering
mostly components work. expanded, shrunk, cut, crimped and overall modified plastic medical tubing to satistfy our customers needs. made sure everything was in spec and logged daily measurements for traceability .
- Component Engineer at fluortec
- Line Assembler/ components at INNOVATIVE OFFICE PRODUCTS
- Machine Operator/Packer at Berry Plastics Corporation
- DTS/Stocker/Cashier/Customer Associate at Big Lots
6 months at this Job
- High school - basic studies