1105 Atlantic Ave, Ste 102, Alameda, California 510-450-8900 - Mike Purisima
07/2005-Current, per diem 24-32hr/week
Compounding Pharmacy Technician
• A.M. Technician receives and stocked morning Rx deliveries
• Prioritized, pulled, and compounded prescriptions Filling Prescriptions, prescription labeling
• Cleaned Ante-room and clean room (containing 5 hoods.) daily
• Daily duties Calculation /Compounding of per Pharmacist written orders: Large Volume Preparation, Antibiotics, Unit Dose Calculation, Syringe Manipulation, Aseptic Technique, Cytotoxic Drug Preparation
• Pulled and helped pack deliveries
• Cleaned returned equipment after bio-med returns
• Pharmacy facility safety officer and inspector quarterly
• Occasional duties as a PSR(pharmacy service rep) checked labs for pharmacist, patient scheduled delivers and customer service
• Quarterly Inventory Checks
• Updated pharmacy policies monthly
- Compounding Pharmacy Technician at Sutter Infusion Pharmacy Services 2/Sutter VNA & Hospice
- Temporary Leave Coverage at Sutter Health-Eden Medical Center
- Inpatient Pharmacy Technician at Kaiser Permanante Hospital
- Outpatient Pharmacy Technician at Milvia Outpatient Pharmacy
13 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Sciences Academy
• Maintained a safe, clean and organized pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules and regulations, followed cleanroom protocol, testing and documentation.
• Properly use all equipment in the lab that is necessary to make sterile compounds, following all safety and USP guidelines.
• Followed pharmacist instructions and orders with minimal supervision compounding medications.
• Receiving medication orders, measuring quantities, mixing ingredients and updating records.
• Operate, calibrate and maintain both digital and manual scales.
• Participate in daily cleaning of clean room and of vertical and laminar flow hoods according to USP.
• Certified Dispenser, one-year experience in dispensing different types of IV medications.
• Knowledge of environment monitoring and all kinds of testing perform in sterile lab.
• Daily monitoring and recording sterile clean-room temperature and humidity.
• Labelling vials and maintain all records.
• Knowledge of Sterility Testing, Endotoxin Testing, Container Closure testing, PH Testing NON-STERILE COMPOUNDING
• Experience compounding various dosage forms including Creams, Troches, Triturated Tablets, Suppositories, Solutions, Suspensions.
• Knowledge of PCCA PK Compounder Software, Bar Tender.
• Experience in compounding various Capsules of different strength and size according to worksheet using Profill Capsule machine.
• Performing Quality Assessment on all compounded capsules.
• Inspected drug storage sites, monitored drug supply expiration dates and ensured proper supply levels.
• Cleaned equipment and work areas and sterilized glassware to maintain safe and sanitary conditions.
- Compounding Pharmacy Technician at Central Drugs Compounding Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Technician at Sam's Club Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Technician at Chambers, CO
- American Airline Agent at Denver International Airport
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Doctor of Pharmacy - Pre-Medical
- O levels
As a compounding technician it is my responsibility to prepare custom drug formulations that meet a patient's specific need. I also assist with day to day functions within the pharmacy, such as receiving inventory, rotating stock, answering phones, receiving new prescriptions, dispensing medications to patients, and insurance processing. I have assisted with the construction of the Policy and Procedures for our compounding lab as well as other crucial forms. It is also my responsibility to print weekly reports for controlled medications and send all unused and expired medication to distributors for reimbursement. I am familiar with PK Software as well as Script Pro.
- Compounding Pharmacy Technician at El Tejon Pharmacy
- Receptionist at Central Valley Medical Group
11 years at this Job
Non-Sterile Lab Technician: Duties: + Weigh ingredients correctly and process them following the provided formula worksheet specifications. + Combine chemical materials into the appropriate dosage and form as requested by the prescription, under the supervision of the Pharmacist. + Follow all safety and quality procedures and guidelines for preparation of compounds. + Package and label prepared compounds in suitable dispensing tool. + Maintain records and stock of all chemical materials used in compounding. + Calibration and proper documentation of compounding equipment. + Supervise controlled drugs, and maintain proper records for legal purposes and stock control. + Compound the following dosage forms: - Troches - Suppository - Sublingual - Ointment - Creams - Oil Capsule - Powder Capsule - Chemo drugs Sterile Lab Technician: Duties: + Prepare materials to be entered into compounding areas. + Mix Pharmaceutical preparations, according to written prescriptions. + Clean and maintain equipment/work area according to prescribed methods. + Transfer medication from vials to the appropriate number of sterile, disposable syringes using aseptic techniques. + Apply USP <797> principles related to sterile compounding and aseptic technique. + Undergo thorough training curriculum on gowning, compounding, aseptic, manipulations, media fills, internal SOP’s and FDA cGMP-503B regulations. + Garb up using fully sterile gowning attire.
- Compounding Pharmacy Technician at California pharmacy and compounding center
- Accountant at Bank Audi
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Pharmacy tech - Pharmacy
On the job training. Compounding medications. Answering phone calls. Refilling prescriptions over the phone. Cash handling. Customer service. Creating formulas to compound medicines/creams. Opening and closing duties.
- Compounding Pharmacy Technician at Malama Compounding Pharmacy
- Retail Sales Associate/Barista at Four Seasons
- Shift Leader/Cashier at Tex Drive In
- Hostess/Server at Genki Sushi
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
* Complies with all state and federal laws, rules, and regulations governing the practice of pharmacy. * Ensures cleansing and garbing policy is performed exactly per sterile preparations. * Compounds all required types of sterile preparations accurately and in compliance with master worksheets. * Operates all compounding equipment accurately and according to policy and procedure. Compounding control and noncontrolled medication in aseptic manner.
- Compounding Pharmacy Technician at Qu VA Pharmacy
- Registered Pharmacy Technician at Walmart
- Pharmacist at Shanghai Central Huangpu Hospital
- Pharmacy Technician at
11 months at this Job
- Masters of Health Administration - Health Administration
- AS - Pharmaceutical Science
Processed all compounding prescriptions to various patients and healthcare practices. Carefully verified math calculations according to compounding formulas. Recorded proper documentation for every formula compounded within pharmacy. Produced various types of compounds that included topical anesthetics, pain management, and hormone replacement therapy. Compounded various hydroquinone and tretinoin creams. Produced other various compounds such as chemical facial peels, finasteride capsules, and minoxidil hair solutions.Assisted in providing customer support to all clients and patients in the pharmacy. Processed all new prescriptions, refill authorization requests, and billing information for compounded prescriptions. Organized, documented, and shipped all medications and compounds. Expedited and processed all inventory in the pharmacy.
- Compounding Pharmacy Technician at Scriptsite Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Technician Trainee at Walgreens
- Intern, Medical Assistant at Gladstone Medical Group
- Intern, Medical Assistant at Kaiser Permanente
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Pharmacy Technician - Pharmacy
- Certificate of Completion - Medical Assisting
- High School Diploma
• Compound creams, ointments, capsules, and troches according to USP 795 guidelines.
• Solely in charge of prescriptions for multiple doctors offices from order input to shipping.
• Manage medication inventory and ordering as well as negotiating price to save the pharmacy money.
• Train new employees.
• Implement new workflow procedures and organization within the pharmacy to make processes more efficient.
- Compounding Pharmacy Technician at Medica Pharmacy & Compounding
- Lead Technician, Retail Pharmacy at Solutions Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Technician, Long Term Care Pharmacy at Dania Rexall Pharmacy
7 months at this Job
- Pharmacy Technician Course
• Follows pharmacist instructions and orders with minimal supervision compounding topical creams according to prescription with the standards of state pharmacy board and federal laws
• Checks labels, compounding documents, and prescriptions for content.
• Fills prescriptions for mail order diabetic testing supplies
• Accurately weighs and processes shipments for UPS courier pick-up
- Compounding Pharmacy Technician TEMP at Southwest Community Pharmacy
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) at Emmons Long Term Care Pharmacy
- Production Technician at Pharmedium Services LLC.
- Pharmacy Technician Trainee at Walgreens Co.
10 months at this Job
- Pharmacy Technician Diploma
Compound IV medications for shipment to patients at home or a facility.
- Compounding Pharmacy Technician at Healix Compounding Pharmacy Services
- Pharmacy Technician/Pharmacy Buyer at HOSPICE OF SOUTH TEXAS
- Pharmacy Technician at Citizens Medical Center
- Certified Registered Pharmacy Technician at Walgreen's Pharmacy
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- BBA - CIS