Inspection Experts Inc.
March 2016 - Present
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Flexibility and the ability to operate under stressful, time-sensitive deadlines;
• Manage and monitor cash flow, including forecasting accounts receivables, managing accounts payables, payroll process, inventory purchases, etc.
• Prepare management and statutory reports, including monthly financial analyses, comparative report, financial position and variance explanations, against prior year and budget.
• Strong problem solving/analytical skills; with the ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
• Manage several deliverables and tight timelines with the help of a team of 4-5 employees.
• Fully involved manager of 4-5 full-time employees, and take ownership of their learning and development. Also, work harmoniously with other management personnel.
• Understanding of indirect rate structures and contract types (CPFF, FFP, T&M,IDIQ,BPA)
• Excellent people skills with a customer-service oriented approach, and a focus on building relationships with people at all levels of the organization
• Manage and/or develop new system-related tools, policies, procedures and communication techniques to ensure accurate and efficient month-end close processes and creative means to improve the overall process.
• Developing and maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) cost accounting standards; complying with local, state, federal government, and government contracting reporting and tax filing requirements; researching and staying abreast of the latest regulatory trends.
• Oversee all accounting and financial functions and its key role in supporting strategic and operational decisions.
• Experience at design, implementation of financial systems and automation of manual processes
- Comptroller at Inspection Experts Inc
- Senior Accountant at Sandler Innocenzi Inc
- Accounting Manager at Quasars Inc
- Comptroller at Gray Hawk Systems Inc
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor's in Accounting - Accounting
As Comptroller responsible for payroll, accounts receivable, revenue tracking and analysis, accounts payable, inventory management, materials management, and fixed assts as well as special projects including fuel hedging, system implementation and program management for key initiatives. Performed additional role as the Interim Manager of Procurement responsible for directing the procurement function and re-establishing key procurement best practices and controls to ensure that business objectives are met and procurement is conducted in accordance with applicable policies, laws and regulations. This entails establishing a business-oriented culture to help ensure that the procurement function delivers efficient and cost-effective support for key LYNX initiatives and day-today operations.
- Comptroller at LYNX
- Auditor General at NJ TRANSIT Corporation
- Chief Financial Officer & Treasurer (Interim) at NJ Transit
- Director, Internal Controls and Audit at Jefferson Wells International
6 months at this Job
- MBA - Accounting
- BS - Accounting
- Masters Certificate in Project Management - Project Management
Comptroller 1562 Mitscher Ave., Ste 250 NH2N Room 267 Norfolk, VA 23551 United States 09/2008 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 40 Series: 0326 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 9.6 ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF SUPPORT (This is a federal job) Supervisor: CAPT James R. Macaranas(757-836-6902) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes, alert me first Executive Assistant to Comptroller and Deputy Comptroller, Administrative Support, Information Technology and Financial Management (FM), Lead in supporting Command Taskers for Fleet Comptroller's office while, performing a wide variety of management, Organizational Charts, Manning Billet reports, administrative and analytical functions. Responsible for all applicable Echelon 2 BSO 60 and BSO 61 FM responsibilities (e.g., Budget Formulation, Budget Execution, Funds' Administration, Financial Policy, and Financial Systems to include Wide Area Workflow (WAWF)iRAPT, PIEE, EDA, CORT and Data and Analysis collection. Controls, monitors and advises on management of records that are large and complex and have numerous or diverse components for all functions within the financial community. Designs and reviews Fleet-wide forms to simplify, combine, and eliminate duplication. Manages the various administrative processes within the office and ensures that procedures meet N02F directorate needs and are consistently understood and followed by the staff. Establishes and continually reviews, updates, and develops complex administrative office procedures that affect the orderly and efficient flow of work within the office and with parties and agencies outside the organization. Responds to administrative issues and inquiries and resolves a variety of conflicts regarding administrative policies and processes among organizational issues. Maintains all calendars, schedules, orders and travel arrangements. Coordinates and monitors all Directorate Command Taskers to ensure they are completed within the specified time frame and any follow-up actions. Performs a variety of administrative duties in support of the Directorate: Receives telephone calls and visitors coming into the office. Using tact, diplomacy, and judgment, ascertains nature of calls and business of visitors, and determines which calls or visitors should be referred to the supervisor, to other staff members, or which can be handled personally. Maintains all visits requests, security containers/systems to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory guidance. Uses various office automation software applications and equipment to accomplish work, to include text editing, file creation, maintenance and retrieval, use of message, calendar, and suspense systems and use of other specialized tools in support of specific functions. Advanced knowledge in the use of personal computers, expert in Software programs and organization office automation applications to include word processor, spreadsheet, databases, graphics and presentation, SharePoint design (created and maintain nine websites), electronic mail system, and other applications as specified by the organization, e.g., installed computer networks, printers, and scanners. Superior knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word applications and SharePoint web design. Initiates and processes NMCI Service Request Forms (MAC) ensuring computers and assets for staff are working and within strict guidelines and directives. - Working knowledge of the organization's programs, structures and activities and higher headquarters requirements to identify potential problem areas/issues and ability to address problems head-on and develop or assist in the development of solutions to minimize potential disruption of office operations. - Knowledge and understanding of the duties, priorities, commitments and policies of the supervisor and staff in order to effectively and efficiently perform administrative responsibilities. - Knowledge of and ability to use proven methods and techniques used to gather, analyze, and evaluate information, facts, and data concerning the administrative management processes. A high degree of analytical skills in order to advise and present to management officials recommendations leading to improvement of administrative or management procedures thus, ensuring enhanced efficiency, effectiveness, and economy of operations within the office environment. - Group Administrator for Wide Area Workflow for Echelon 2, Budget Submitting Officer (BSO-60), responsible for administering location codes, e.g. cage/DoDAAC; establish/update organizational email address; manage user accounts; activate, deactivate/reset passwords for WAWF as Group Administrator for command. Completed an audit for the BSO 60 to ensure valid DD-2875, DD-577 and delegations letters were uploaded, to determine if privileges and profiles complied with regulations and guidelines. - Government Purchase Card: Oversees and manages all supply orders for the directorate. Coordinates general activities in the immediate office, including arranging for equipment maintenance and submitting orders for supplies. Knowledge of financial systems needed to enter information for requisitions. Skill in completing various forms used in the procurement process and maintaining related records. - Lead for SLDCADA, Site Administrator for Fleet Forces Portal in web design and Defense Travel System. Delegated as N02F Information Assurance Officer, Privacy Act Monitor, Directorate Security Coordinator, Derivative Classification Authority Manager and Directorate Front Office Mustering Officer, Command Tasker Lead and Training Officer and Records Management.
- Comptroller at DON Fleet Forces Command
- Administrative Support/Facility Security Officer at Alutiiq Security and Wackenhut
- Honorable Retirement, Information Technology, Paralegal at Selection to Area Defense Council
- Information Assurance and Security Manager, Paralegal at MacDill AFB
10 years, 6 months at this Job
Overseeing all aspect of accounting procedure for the company and its subsidiaries
• Effectively manage all HR/payroll operations, A/R, A/P and monthly G/L postings
• Manage and implement accounting policies and processes to maximize company's growth and efficiency
• Prepare Budget, review spending and make changes when necessary.
• Analyzing financials daily, Monitors cash flow and budget weekly payments
• Overseeing all costing activity
• Monitors Payroll cost and analyze employees compensation
• Overseeing internal financial control and recommend changes when necessary
• Perform monthly bank reconciliation
• Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements
• Monthly preparation of Bank borrowing base report
• Allocate monthly expenses and cost among subsidiary accounts
• Perform month and year end financial closings and financial data consolidation
• Prepare quarterly and yearly UCT 940, 941 along with the yearly preparation of w-2's, w-3's and 1099 filing
• Working closely with auditors, prepare supporting documentation to analyze sales and inventory, fixed assets, and accounts receivable and payables for year end audits Accounting and HR manager
• Effectively perform annual health insurance renewal on behalf of all employees
• Responsible for weekly payroll processing and maintain employees deductions
• Perform weekly A/P ensuring proper back-ups for invoices and accurate credit memo postings before processing checks.
• Perform daily A/R postings of payments, credit memos and refunds and any other necessary adjustments to customers accounts
• Achieved company objective by developing strategies to control employees paid time off
• Work closely with Comptroller to perform month and year end close.
- Comptroller at Orlando Steel Enterprise
- Senior A/R and Collection Specialist at New York Medical
- Collections Manager at Shelton Lighting
- Senior A/R Specialist at IPC Information systems
13 years, 6 months at this Job
- MBA - Management, Business Law for Accountant
I was promoted to the position of Comptroller as of 1/1/19 having started out as the bookkeeper. I oversee all financial data using Quickbooks Online. Provide payroll services to 1099 workers, reconcile checking account, credit card accounts, pay bills, and work with C.O.O. to provide construction requisitions (AIA 702 703) to our clients.
- Comptroller at Pro Contracting
- Administrative Assistant at
- Self Employed at Jewelry Sales
- Telemarketer at Capizzi Home Improvement
9 months at this Job
Norfolk Naval Station Naval Computer and Telecommunications Master Station Series: 0326 Grade GS6 Step 01 Hours worked: 40 Supervisor: William Wilken/Carol Seoane Comptroller Deputy 757-443-9430 757-443-9462
- Comptroller at Department of Defense US Navy
- Office Automation Assistant at Department of Defense US Navy
- Document Control Specialist at VASTEC
- Store Checker at Department of Defense Portsmouth Commissary
1 year at this Job
Financial Services/Accounting Technician
• Recommends necessary process improvements and corrective actions based on developed findings and/or reports in order to better utilize funding programs that may represent a significant departure from established work operations.
• Use the reports to clearly identify operational problems and trends; and develop alternatives or solutions to resolve conflicting goals and objectives while still monitoring the resolutions of problem areas and correction of deficiencies identified.
• Create strong interpersonal relationships with Program Managers and Budget Analysts to ensure that funds are executed in accordance with NGB policies and procedures.
• Use Microsoft Excel, Access, and Outlook Calendar to track and coordinate events, suspense dates, data, and goals.
• Review, evaluate and analyze all obligations, adjustments and commitments on a daily basis.
• Review documents to ensure they support transactions and are in accordance with DFAS Regulations are charged to the applicable appropriations, and funds are available for the obligations.
• Ensure that all transactions are processed and validated by the end of each month and year-end, using the appropriate systems necessary for this review, i.e., STANFINS, GFEBS.
• Contact other Fiscal Stations, branches of services, higher headquarters, major commands, DFAS for any missing supporting documentation needed for all expenditures.
• Investigates and monitors the accuracy of expenditures, and perform any necessary corrections for those expenditures not belonging to NCNG.
• Performs research on other authorized programs or initiates phone calls to the required stations or person(s) to obtain the necessary documents.
• Independently plan and conduct functional Joint Reviews; analyzing, examining and interpreting the unliquidated obligations files and all substantiating documents with program managers and budget analysts' quarterly, providing accounting advice and recommendations to program managers and budget analyst.
• Uses the ability to gather, organize, consolidate, and analyze accounting data, and separate essential form non-essential information in order to conduct successful Joint Review Meetings.
• Uses knowledge of ARNG and state financial management objectives, missions, policies and systems, and their relationship with national and local organizational elements to assist and advice FM on a wide range of financial management issues and in the interpretation, of reports and information provided, as well as recommendations for improvement.
• Assist and advise management and program managers on accounting and financial management matters, analyzing information, resolving conflicting data, and formulating recommendations for management decisions.
• Run reports in GFEBs for program managers and budget analyst. The reports are used to know what remains in their budget and see what they have already used their money for.
• Locate discrepancies, determine sources of error, and take necessary corrective action.
• Maintain a working relationship with staffs at other USPFO's, NGB, Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), and other federal/state agencies to ensure mission accomplishment IAW federal regulatory guidance.
• Uses an extensive body of accounting knowledge, procedures, and techniques to understand the total accounting system and operations to assist Program Managers/Budget Analysts to resolve issues and/or prevent accounting errors.
• Uses accounting theories, concepts, principles and standards to handle internal matters regarding regulatory requirements, statutory provisions, procedures, and problems that occurred with the conversion of 2060 funds from Stanfins to GFEBs.
• Ensures appropriate personnel are informed with accurate and timely information concerning all aspects of fiscal matters including the interpretation of new regulations, procedures and system capabilities.
• Ensure data is made available to program managers in order for them to manage their accounts.
• Monitor correspondence with DFAS to correct negative trends, and resolve suspended transactions being cleared by the end of each month and year-end.
• Maintain and review automated processes for accurate posting of financial data and integrity of the interfaces.
• Monitor monthly and year-end closing schedules ensuring all schedules system cut-offs and outages are identified for potential impact to the NCARNG missions.
• Process and monitor files and transactions from/to system of record.
• Confers with representatives of other local offices and other agencies to resolve problems and obtain additional information to accomplish required/recommended actions and/or future program efforts.
• Professional and comprehensive knowledge of basic accounting theories, practices methods and concepts. Uses this knowledge to conduct on-site reviews designed to identify policy, procedural, and situation weaknesses and strengths of functional areas.
• Modifies and adapts conventional accounting and analytical techniques to solve a variety of accounting problems within FM.
• Skills in planning, coordinating and conducting an annual quality assurance program.
• Uses knowledge of applicable laws, policies and regulations and internal control programs to ensure that review coverage is appropriate in meeting the mission requirements.
• Research Unliquidated for Program Manager Review with Comptroller and worked to rectify any discrepancies with other sections within the NGNC.
- Comptroller at JFHQ-USPFO
- at 113th SUS BDE
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- AS in Human Resources Management - Human Resources Management
• File all documents in regards to the order number
• Place orders for the materials as each quote is finished and ready to be passed to purchasing
• Assist Comptroller with any duties necessary
• Organize and track all order items in the warehouse
• Order any necessary materials for the office place
- Assist Comptroller at Bock Technologies Inc
- Receptionist at DeGrasse & Ratliff Eye Center
- Audio Team Volunteer at Southwest Christian Church
1 year at this Job
- - Public Health
- - General Studies
1) MBA 2) Accountant 3) Comptroller for Car Dealership 4) 20 plus yrs in Local Government Human Resourses
- Comptroller/Accountant at Robert L Faulkner & Son, Inc
2 years at this Job
- Master's in Business Administration - Accounting Skills
Conducted financial analysis to strategically forecast all expenditures within major exercises, identify cost-cutting mechanisms, create and manage financial models, risk assessments, develop fiscal year spending plans. Enhanced capabilities and core competencies through developing and integrating budget executions procedures and policies. Deployed and served as lead comptroller for multiple major exercises within Asian Pacific region.
• Supported operations through multiple exercises totaling over $10 million
• Initiated reduction strategies to save 12% in operation costs
- Deputy Comptroller at United States Marine Corps
- Provost Marshall events and force training exercises at Disciplined
- Assistant Budget Officer at United States Marine Corps
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Finance - Finance