Professor - DeVry Institute of Technology
Electronics Editor- Energy Concepts
Title: Computer Network Technician
• Servicing and Troubleshooting Computer Work Stations. Procom Sales. Title: Electronics Technician Duties:
• Video Monitor Repair Technician
• Video Game Repair Technician
- Computer Network Technician at Beco Inc
- Senior Professor at DeVry Institute of Technology
at this Job
- Vocational - General Radio Telephone License
• Supported and oversaw the installation, preventive and corrective maintenance, configuration, and verification of Aegis LAN Interconnect System Baseline 9C from a Maintenance, Administrative and Operational perspective to include Digital Computer System, Display Processing Cabinets, Digital Video Distribution Systems, Radar Switchboard Distribution System, Aegis LAN Interconnect System Core Switches, Timing Distribution, Input/Output processors, OJ-827 Common Display Consoles, ON-740 Interconnecting Group and Thin Client Displays. I followed, reviewed and generated standard checkout procedures to locate and repair system malfunctions.
• Managed and Generated Training scenarios and lead training of tactical watch standers and Center for Surface Combat Systems evaluators in simulated combat evolutions as Training Supervisor using both Aegis Combat Training System and Battle Force Tactical Trainer.
• Managed, oversaw and lead over 20 government technical support representatives and defense contractors during multiple waterfront integrated testing periods, fire team training scenarios and test missions involving live air, space, surface and underwater engagements.
• Reported and submitted over 60 Troubled Observation Reports resulting in critical Baseline 9C corrections to include system software, hardware and tactical watch stander concerns.
• Received 2000 hours of in depth training with system engineers and technical support representatives in system operation, repair and network upkeep and administration.
• Stood 1000 hours of Aegis Computer Network Technician watch standing during multiple live fire missions; responsibilities included system administration, reporting and correcting Aegis Weapon System casualties as well as training technicians, technical support representatives and operators on Baseline 9C operation and capabilities.
- AEGIS COMPUTER NETWORK TECHNICIAN at USS JOHN PAUL JONES
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Combat Training - System Training Supervisor
• Set up PCs, printers and peripherals at private homes and small businesses
• Install antivirus, antispyware, antispam, privacy programs such as Norton Internet Security, MS Windows Defender, instruct users how to utilize them
• Perform software installs and updates, including Windows updates, Adobe, MS office suites
• Troubleshoot small networks for connectivity to the internet, or PC to PC connectivity as in a peer-to-peer
• Maintain accurate records of functions performed
• Recommend and set up backup systems as appropriate
- COMPUTER/NETWORK TECHNICIAN at INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES SERVICES
- COMPUTER ASSOCIATE SOFTWARE at NYPD
- DATA SYSTEMS OFFICER at UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
17 years, 8 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - COMPUTER SCIENCES
I was the computer technician for the Career and Technical education department. I was responsible for solving all computer related issues that would occur with the teachers. This included network issues, hardware issues, printer issues and equipment issues.
- Computer Network Technician at MARANA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
- Credit Card Collector at Citi Card Collections
- Customer Service Representative at Blockbuster
6 years, 7 months at this Job
- Some college
• Participated in incident responses, and analyzed networks
• Conducted passive and active network scanning, as well as network mapping
• Built computer networks in both physical and virtual environments
• Set up and maintained firewalls, and established VPNS
- Computer Network Technician at U.S. Navy
- Cyber Trainee at U.S. Navy
- Undesignated Seaman at U.S. Navy
- Undesignated Seaman at U.S. Navy
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Associate - Computer Networking - Cisco (In Progress)
- Bachelor of Art - New Media - (Incomplete)
Responsibilities LAN/WAN Network/Desktop support technician, support off-site customers; Installation and maintenance of wired and wireless networks and networked peripheral devices Support Windows OS, versions XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10 + iOS devices Microsoft Office.2003, 2007, 2013, 2016 Troubleshoot/Install hardware and software including proprietary software applications Build/repair PC’s, laptops, PDA’s, printers, Configure/optimize desktop and laptop PC’s Replace/upgrade defective hardware, HDD, SSD memory, power supply etc. Backup/restore/Ghost/re-image/migrate end-user computers Troubleshoot DSL, Cable modems TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routers, switches, firewall issues Configure iPhone, iPad, Android phones for end users Windows and Exchange servers 2003, 2008, 2011 Add/Manage users assign permissions create mailboxes, security groups in Active Directory Install configure managed SEP on desktop computers VPN, RDC, GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, VNC, Citrix MDC, JDIC, CAD, RMS, ALPR police in car video systems CJIS Certified Accomplishments Developed and deployed first Windows 7 MDC for deployment in police vehicles Developed and deployed first Window Vista using Envisionware Library software
- Computer Network Technician at SLK.US
- Desktop Support Tech at WFI Inc
14 years, 7 months at this Job
- - MCSE Program
✬ Troubleshoot system failures and provide. solutions to restore functionality ✬ Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference ✬ Set up numerous PC Network Work-groups in homes and businesses ✬ Migrate desktops to new equipment and sync in the Cloud ✬ Apply skills in troubleshooting and repairing hardware and software problems ✬ Arrange maintenance sessions to discover and mend inefficiencies ✬ Offer timely technical support and teach users how to utilize systems correctly ✬ Instruct users on new or upgraded computer software and hardware ✬ Maintain and repair technological equipment (e.g. routers and peripheral devices) ✬ Install LAN/WAN and other networks and manage components including servers, IPs, etc. ✬ Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated ✬ Continually set priorities and meet critical time deadlines ✬ Manage IT systems including procurement, setup, maintenance and record keeping ✬ Perform and monitor the backup and recovery routines necessary for data protection ✬ Check and remove viruses from infected machines ✬ Manage IT contracts including data, telephone, and office copiers ✬ Provide emergency support in case of system, network and server problems ✬ Install, configure and upgrade operating systems and hardware ✬ Manage and install security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks
- Computer Network Technician at Freelance Consultant
13 years, 8 months at this Job
Oversee the daily performance of computer systems. Responsible for all hardware and software on desktop computers and other end-user devices, including security. Set up new computer systems and perform routine maintenance. Research, purchase, and maintain all security cameras and electronic access. * Assist in maintaining all devices in classrooms that are connected to the classroom computer or network including audio/visual equipment * Provide technical assistance and support. Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware. * Investigate and resolve problems; confer with users, run computer diagnostics, and refer to technical manual. * Repair computer hardware and servers. * Develop training materials and procedures; train users in the proper use of hardware/software. * Maintain computer equipment/software to ensure secure and efficient operations. * Ensure that Internet security software is updated and running properly. * Test and implement new software programs. * Run audio equipment for events as needed.
- COMPUTER NETWORK TECHNICIAN at Fairfield Suisun Unified School District
- QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN at TenCate Advanced Composites USA, Inc
- TEAM LEADER / SETUP TECHNICIAN at Turnkey Technologies
2 years, 6 months at this Job
• Set up and tested a variety of systems and hardware components prior to field deployment and provides personal computer repair and test capability for all company departments. Analyzed failed equipment according to established methods or procedures and determined whether equipment is repairable in-house or must be returned to the vendor for repair. Performs standard repairs and tests of components or equipment that can be repaired in-house. Tests incoming repaired items from vendor to ensure that repairs were properly done. Performs preventive and on-demand maintenance on a variety of personal computer equipment. Supported the Aegis Test Team on the PEOSNAP government network as an official administrator for the PEOSNAP/PASCATT network. This included supporting all aspects of IT for the Aegis Test Team to include interfacing with the PEOSNAP Domain administrators.
• Administrator on both PEOSNAP network and Lockheed Martin networks.
• Supported Lockheed Martin MST and MFC personnel and was a team member on the corporate desktop support team.
• Utilized various imaging and troubleshooting methods for building and repairing PC’s and printers on both the HII Guest net and the PEOSNAP network.
• Acted as the liaison for HII IT, PEOSNAP management, and Lockheed Martin IT for the mixed member test team.
• Assisted all new personnel in obtaining both Lockheed Martin and PEOSNAP network access. This included managing the routing of all the paperwork and email traffic to the appropriate people within Lockheed Martin or PEOSNAP
• Worked closely with the Aegis Test Officer and Aegis Test Manager to ensure they knew all changes and impacts of IT on the Aegis Test Team, both government and subcontract personnel
• Researched and vetted new equipment for purchasing for the Aegis Test Team Accomplishments Reimaged the entire Aegis Test team computers with a rolling inventory in 5 weeks. Given a 6 week deadline. Skills Used Mentoring new IT techs that come in and primary point for getting new hires setup with new machines, access to both Lockheed Martin and PEOSNAP a government network which I am an administrator on both networks.
- Computer Network Technician Sr at Lockheed Martin
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent - General Studies
Create, maintain and deploy Windows OS using Microsoft Deployment Services and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Assist in testing, deploying and troubleshooting PKI Email Encryption. Assist in creating, maintaining and troubleshooting users, computers, groups and printers accounts using Microsoft Active Directory. Assist in troubleshooting LDAP issues pertaining to Outlook Email Exchange on end user devices, configure and troubleshot LDAP on network copiers. Assist in maintaining print 5 servers, Assist in installing and maintaining Mobile print sever and services, install and implement, assist in installing and implementing Polycom CloudAXI, Assist in granting user access to domain information. assist in managing computers on the domain, Respond to service call via desk side support, phone, email and remote support. Assist staff with software and hardware installation and problems. Troubleshoot, repair, and upgrade computers. Install/troubleshoot Windows OS via cd and network installations. Install/troubleshoot MS Office products, install/troubleshoot third party software. Instruct staff on the use of new software and equipment. Troubleshoot and repair network equipment such as servers, routers, switches and patch panels. Design and implement cable runs, terminate wires in work areas and in hub closets. Setup and connect workstations to network. Configure computers to be use by staff and students. Add/ remove users and computer in active directory, Access the feasibility and need for printers for users and departments. Research and test print service management software. Troubleshoot/repair desktop and network printers. Maintain inventory database of printers and network document scanners. Setup and troubleshoot fax machines, VOIP phones, network projectors and document cameras, Consult with hardware and software vendors to purchase, implement and maintain current and new technology.
- Computer/Network Technician at Horry-Georgetown Tech
- Computer Technician at Coastal Connections
- Computer/Network Technician at Horry-Georgetown Tech
- Configure staff PC's at Print Shop
13 years, 5 months at this Job