First Liberty National Bank Liberty TX
Position: Computer Support Specialist and Edp staff
• Trained end-users on the use of their desktop application, including Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
• Day-to-day operations include installing and upgrading software, security configuration, backups, network storage capacity planning, and performance tuning.
• Troubleshooting and resolving problems related to hardware/software installations and networking.
• Uses technical expertise to provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems in a timely manner.
• Researches, resolves, and responds to questions received via telephone, emails, and call backs.
• Provides a high degree of courteous and helpful customer service at all times.
• Conducts regular trend analysis, documents, and reports results.
• Provides regular continuous improvement ideas and solutions to increase the effectiveness of support services.
• Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
• PC Hardware support with network cards, monitors, video cards etc.
• Support Printers, Scanners and Faxes.
• Experienced in the setup of new PC's.
• Experienced in the setup and maintenance of Server user accounts, permissions and passwords.
• Perform daily backups.
• Install desktop software upgrades as needed.
• Manage software licensing
• Other projects as assigned. Edp position:
• Processing check: data entry, reject reentry and balancing check in Web Capture
• Do Check Adjustment Lamar University Institute of Technology Beaumont, TX Position: Student Lab Assistant Lamar University Port Arthur Port Arthur, TX Position: Student Lab Assistant CERTIFIES: Microsoft Certify Professional for Windows Server and Workstation
- COMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST at FIRST LIBERTY NATIONAL BANK
21 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science degree in Microcomputer Support Specialist - Microcomputer Support Specialist
- Associate of Applied Science degree in Accounting - Accounting
• Daily HelpDesk Duties: maintain front desk, answering phones, and daily service request
• Authorized to provide admitted students their Jaguar Account username
• Create and oversee documentation of procedures for user support methods to be shared within the university
• Maintain the flow of communication for the department and university
• Coordinated the campus events for the ITS Department ◦ Scheduling and Maintaining the Classroom on Wheels (CoWs) for the University
• Aided the Manager with developing work plans and projects i) HelpDesk ticketing queue project ii) Scheduling and Data Backup for the Windows 7 to Windows 10 project iii) Prior hiring committee for student workers iv) Input for student worker performance evaluations v) Trained the current HelpDesk Coordinator
• Assisted the technicians with diagnosing computer problems
• Instrumental in the creation of the Project Share Drive for training of future staff members
• Trained by Ricoh/DOCUmation on Printer Maintenance
• On Boarding/Off Boarding for all employees
• Aided the HelpDesk Specialist ◦ Trained the previous specialist in his position
• Covered the position 20hrs a week in the absence of the specialist
- COMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST at TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY
- CHILD CARE ASSISTANT at Boys Town
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - CRIMINOLOGY
- ASSOCIATES - PSYCHOLOGY
Contracted by PSI International on an HBITS to support ithe Dept of Health as a Junior Helpdesk Level 2
Contracted by Accelerated IT to work an OMH project as a Mid-Level Help Desk/Information Tech Support Specialist . In time I assumed the the double title of ITSM LIAISON for NYS Office of Mental Health and worked an integration project until January.
June 2012 - January 1st 2017 SCCM Installs/Updates Remote Support Opening and tracking problem tickets and documenting
Provide technical support information/ assistance on systems
including first level problem resolution of critical system
Assisting with scheduling of migrations and production
changes that will impact an enterprise wide computing
Assist with Crystal Reports application to design, generate and maintain reports.
Utilize SolarWinds internet software to monitor Wide Area
Networks for equipment/system failures that lead to interruptions in service to mission critical applications and
Wide Area Network connectivity.
Assist with Mainframe Support services including Desktop
Working knowledge of managing user accounts in Novell e-
Directory and Microsoft Active Directory to monitor user's
access rights to applications, including processing User
Develop clear and concise documentation for use by end
users and/or technical staff regarding supported hardware and software for an organization's IT Department
Provided Expert Tech Assistance for OFFICE 365
Advanced Technical Support Technician, provide 24x7x365 support of a state encompassing wide area network
Point person for ALL OMH/ITS ITSM ticketing/template/knowledgebase issues for the ENTIRE desk
•Provide advanced troubleshooting of the network architecture and customer services.
•Provide advanced level services, including: change management, security management, Configuration management, management of customer lab environment, training other engineers and the customer on network requirements, ensuring documentation is written to support the network, fault isolation and coordination of supported technologies including routing and confirmations.
•Supervise network expansions and software and hardware upgrades and work with engineering to resolve difficult and/or complex chronic network problems.
•Support the implementation of maintenance activities relating to the performance of hardware and associated applications operating on the OFT Network to ensure optimum efficiency.
•Responsible for the identification, monitoring and analyzing of network functional data relating to switching, signaling, transport, infrastructures and computer operations.
•Implements maintenance work plans to resolve impacted network issues. You will be responsible for testing and restoration of the DWDM network and Layer 1 and Layer 2 network troubles.
•Maintain and troubleshoot multivendor internet connections.
•Currently support 60,000 users state wide
•Test, diagnose, analyze and identify troubles in the network
•Keep detailed records and updated logs of work activities Create desktop and laptop images utilizing WIM
•Interpret network practices, diagrams, specifications, and drawings
•Conduct in-depth analysis on assigned network elements by assessing situations affecting performance through the collection of metrics from support
•Recommend changes to network operating practices that result in downtime and monitors equipment and applications for performance resolution
•Assist design software groups in the development of requirements for new or the enhancement of existing operating support systems to obtain appropriate metrics
•Configure and maintain Tandberg videoconferencing network products
•Develop and author standard operating procedures of all network products & services for lower level staff Building ITSM templates and report guides Responsible for documenting and share quick help guides to new employees and our end users
- Computer Support Specialist at NYS Information Technology Service on Contract ws
- Temp- Support Specialist at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Information Technology Support Specialist at Albany Molecular Research Inc
- Helpdesk Representative Level 2 at CMA Consulting
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Education and Skill Enhancements
Computer Support Specialist
• Assisting patrons in use of library computers.
• Updating library computer hardware and software.
• Troubleshooting errors and compatibility issues with library computers as well as patron computers/devices.
• Assists in teaching free monthly computer courses. Mercersburg Academy Mercersburg, PA Computer Technician
• Configuration of student and faculty computers, allowing access to the campus network and email service.
• Troubleshooting hardware and/or software issues on computers, installing updates or otherwise correcting problems.
• Created campus-wide inventory of computer equipment.
• Assisting Network administrator with other duties as needed. WoltersKluwer Health Hagerstown, MD Technical Support, Customer Service
• Provided technical assistance to customers via phone & email for over 1,000 software products. Kept database of customer incidents and solutions.
• Assisted in the creation and implementation of call-monitoring and scoring procedures for customer service representatives. Assisted in presentation of these procedures to management and employees.
• Worked closely with 2nd level technical support and product developers off-site. Demonstrated to product developers various fixes and workarounds for known incompatibilities. Also demonstrated weaknesses in product copy protection to strengthen future releases.
• Cross-Trained in general customer service. Provided service via phone and email to customers with billing inquiries, returns, address changes, and replacement items. ExpoExchange Frederick, MD Customer Service Representative
• Handled customer service and registration calls for nation-wide conferences and expos.
• Responsible for keeping conference information up-to-date for approximately 20 conferences at any given time.
• Utilized inter-departmental communications via phone & email to provide the best solutions for customer issues.
- Computer Support Specialist / Computer Lab Technician at Martinsburg-Berkeley County Public Libraries
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Sociology
Provided help desk support / on-call technical support
● Upgrade computers from XP and 7 to Windows 10
● Repaired and maintained scanners, faxes, printers, embossers
● Monitored computer health with Spiceworks
● Assisted with maintaining Active Directory
● Translating to assist guests or to better communicate with team members
● Worked with Vendors like Mitel to support the phone system
- Computer Support Specialist at Pala Casino Spa and Resort
- Help Desk at Shriver Job Corps
- Help Desk at San Diego Job Corps
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Configure, install and support desktop/laptop PC's and Macs along with peripherals including network printers. Assist the Network Architect with network infrastructure upgrades and maintenance. Install, maintain, and support a wide variety of software including Microsoft Office, Autodesk and Adobe products. Create and maintain computer images using Norton Ghost and WDS. Train faculty and staff on various software.
- Computer Support Specialist at Lewis & Clark Community College
- Help Desk at Elsevier via Apex Systems Inc
- Electrician at Pools and Spas
- Intern at Roxana Community School District
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- A.A.S. - Computer Network Security and Administration
Troubleshooting, connecting, setting up, and configuring desktop / laptop computers, installing, setting up, and configuring software. Network sharing for mobile devices, scanners, and printers. Virus / Malware removal. Installing antivirus and spyware protection.
Troubleshooting, connecting, setting up, and configuring desktop / laptop computers,
installing, setting up, and configuring software. Network sharing for mobile devices, scanners,
and printers. Virus / Malware removal. Installing antivirus and spyware protection.
- Computer Support Specialist at Cassinetti Computer Support
- Deputy Sheriff at Wayne County Sheriff Department
- Police Officer at Detroit Police Department
- Laborer at City of Livonia Parks and Maintenance
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with an Advanced Networking Certificate
• Worked closely with the manager, help desk support to ensure proper application of diagnostics and outstanding customer service (OCS) skills.
• Responded to help desk service requests.
• Resolved hardware/software related problems with laptop computers, desktop computers, printers, scanners and other pc based peripherals.
• Maintained and updated personnel security database
• Created PowerPoint presentation
• Repaired, built, rebuilt and maintained laptops and PCs and other equipment.
• Responsible for responding to incoming calls from our customers in response to computer related problems they are experiencing
- Computer support specialist at City Supply Company
- Computer Support Technician at PROAUD
- Network support specialist at CFA CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
3 years, 10 months at this Job
Marymount IT - Marymount School of New York
• Managed all devices in campus with Zulu Desk/Jamf School. Kept inventory up to date.
• Managed/Configured settings for all users with G-Suite.
• Software/Hardware support for all users: Virus removal, Screen replacements, Printer repair, MLB replacements, Upgrades, Application troubleshooting, and documented all computer related issues with ticketing system.
• Troubleshoot VoIP related issues throughout the campus using Avaya IP Office.
• Troubleshoot and resolve TCP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, IP, Routing issues.
• L1 troubleshooting; Patch Panel, Cabling, Workstations.
• L2 troubleshooting; Switches/Router configurations, VLAN, IP, DHCP, DNS
• Assisted with the network design of a new location.
• Monitored Sonicwall FW and made changes accordingly. (Block outbound/inbound connections, apps, websites, etc.)
• In charge of S2 NetBox Security configurations, modifications
• Researched and implemented a Visitor Management System.
• Managed internal Servers that hosted files/media of the school. Maintained/created/modified users with Active Directory accordingly.
• Troubleshoot wireless issues throughout the campus with Clear-Pass/Aruba Wi-Fi Controller.
• AV support for special events held by the school; Video conferences, Video support for student events etc.
- Computer Support Specialist at Marymount School of New York
- Network Technician at Fordham University
- Back End Developer - Internship at INFOR Global Solutions
- IT Assistant at City Tech IT
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Technology - Computer Information Systems
* Provide support of Microsoft Office 2016 suite, Windows 10, iManage, Time Entry, Aderant, Citrix, VPN, Litera Change-Pro/Innova Numbering, InterAction, iPhone/Blackberry devices, desktop and laptop issues * Monitor network and systems for performance, security and other issues, recommend, install, configure, maintain and upgrade computer and networking software and hardware * Administer user accounts via Active Directory, create/modify/delete distribution lists and security groups via Unix Telnet, reset network and voicemail passwords, unlock iManage documents, modify/delete iManage folders via Milan, import/export iManage folders/documents via Prosperoware Import/Export tool, restore documents via Veritas, create/modify/delete Clientshare workspaces * Monitor, manage and remotely connect to Citrix sessions via Citrix Director * Manage Duo mobile accounts for two-factor Citrix authentication * Use SCCM to set primary users to workstations, kill processes, remote control PCs, verify software deployments * Obtain local administrator passwords via Synergix for troubleshooting and software installations * Monitor quarantined email via IronPort and release emails deemed safe for delivery * Provide Level 2 support to research/resolve more complex user issues and handle any specialize projects, as needed * Key member to the Win 7 to Win 10 desktop migration team, providing vital troubleshooting and improvement insights * Maintain local profiles and reset/recreate roaming profiles via AppSense * Lead Coordinator for Outlook archiving project to reduce the size of user mailboxes over 50GB * Ticket, research and resolve user inquiries received via phone, email or walk-in in a timely manner * Escalate issues to appropriate individuals/departments via HEAT ticketing system and follow-up accordingly to ensure user satisfaction * Interface and maintain effective communication with other Support, Training and Information Systems staff * Cover after-hours/weekend shifts, as needed
- Senior Computer Support Specialist at Davis Polk & Wardwell
- Technology Support Specialist at Proskauer LLP
- HelpDesk Support/PC Trainer at Garfunkel Wild, P.C
- Desktop Support Specialist (Consultant) at Proskauer LLP
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent