Perform all tasks of my previous role as an Assistance Conference Manager as well as additional management responsibilities * Handle all invoicing for each event incorporating budget implementation, tracking and billing including reviewing an approving vendor contracts * Run event and billing reports while working hand in hand with the corporate billing and the Global Event Management team to ensure compliance procedures * Efficiently close out meetings in our in a timely fashion including all necessary documents and reports
- Conference Manager at Compass Group/Citigroup
- Assistant Conference Manager at Compass Group/Citigroup
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Meeting & Event Management
Manage, plan, execute, and supervise events planned by diverse groups, coordinating and managing the needs of large conferences, weddings, and meetings with resort departments. Responsible for securing events, including conferences, weddings, and meetings.
• Communicate all group specifications and history to the appropriate operational departments ensuring that all specifications met
• Plan and develop programs, resumes, agendas, and services using existing software according to client requirements and established guidelines
• Ensure the proper use of function space, exhibit hall, and ballrooms
• Accurately forecast group revenues, maximizing group revenue by referring available goods, services, and attractions to conference groups proactively up-selling
• Oversee contracted group room blocks to include cutoffs, attrition, etc.
• Create external communications including contracts, addendums, and lead generation campaigns
• Attend trade shows and local events
- Conference Manager at Arrowwood Resort and Conference Center
- Business Analyst II at Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
- Manager, Service Leader, Certified Trainer at Perkins & Marie Callender's, Inc
1 year at this Job
- Associate - Business Administration and Law
• Oversee three San Diego area leagues--Responsible for managing and coordinating with league manager Report Financials to corporate
• Conduct needs assessments to identify document management requirements of departments or end users.
• Consult with end users regarding problems in accessing electronic content.
• Monitor regulatory activity to maintain compliance with records and document management laws.
• Assist in determining document management policies to facilitate efficient, legal, and secure access to electronic content
• Implement electronic document processing, retrieval, and distribution systems in collaboration with other information technology specialists.
- Conference Manager at Tuff League
- Technical Support Representative at Spectrum
- Director of Operations at Premier Sports
- Director of Operations at Flight Action Sports
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Admin
- Associates Degree - Business Management
Organize, plan, and coordinate summer conferences that are held on UCSB property. Works with multiple other UCSB Teams such as parking services, Furniture Services, and Media Services to ensure the client has the appropriate needs and resources for their events. Work closely with Dining Services as well so the client and their group are able to have catered events or even dine at UCSB Dining Commons. Daily job requirements include working in excel, reading contracts, facilitating client needs as they are requested.
- Conference Manager at UCSB Conference & Hospitality Services
- AHNU/SANUK Account Specialist at Deckers Brands, TEVA
- Admin at Caridad, Homeless Outreach
- at Mixologist, GrassRoots Juice Bar, Downtown Project
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications
Plans and coordinates meetings, events and conferences ranging from 20-600 attendees. Oversight of all phases of event planning and execution including pre-cons with all departments, supervision of set-up, and onsite management of events in progress and post event follow up. Arranges all on-site logistics including transportation, entertainment, meal selections, audio visual, room setups, vendors and exhibits.
• Establish conference and event timelines, agendas, draft exhibit specifications, create custom menus
• Supports team cohesiveness including but not limited to, conference services, AV, and convention kitchen
• Negotiate prices with vendors and entertainment
- Conference Manager at Big Sky Resort
- Server at Atlantic Seafood Company
- Member Services - Montage Hotels at Moonlight Basin
- Marketing Internship, 8 weeks at Florida Marina Clubs
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
- Associate of Science - General Studies
- - Independent Study
• 88 Rooms with 5500 square feet of event space
• Average 204K per quarter in F & B
• Exceeded rebooking goals of 49% for future business
• Average up-sale of 45% above and beyond the contracted F & B minimum
• Handled high profile event including Google, Porsche, Mercedes Benz, Beach Front Properties and Hollywood Celebrities.
• Detailed and serviced Weddings, Social Events, Corporate, Government, SMERF and Regional Associations
• Assisted in a million-dollar property wide buy out
• Interim Sales Manager for two months, Corporate, SMERF 70K in Sales
• Task force Event and Conference Service Manager for 3 Weeks at Hotel Talisa in Vail, Co; 285 rooms 40,000 square feet of event space
- Event Service and Conference Manager at L'Auberge de Sedona
- Owner, Operator at Northern Arizona Weddings & Events
- Sales Manager /Part-time at Flagstaff Nordic Center
- Conference Meeting Planner at High Country Conference Center
1 year at this Job
• Review, evaluate and audit 40-50 case-records per week and recommended concrete strategies which increased agency compliance.
• Collect, analyze and synthesize data to develop best case-work practices with a team of 15-25 social workers in meeting performance evaluation measures.
• Improved efficiency and effectiveness of meeting family team conferences deadlines utilizing evidenced-based concrete data and conference facilitation.
• Conduct studies and data-mining through the applications of PROMIS and CONNECTIONS data sets in forecasting outcomes applicable to children's safety.
• Prepare reports and make recommendations for identified gaps and inconsistencies based on findings and results of evaluations through chart-record review.
• Coordinate, participate and facilitate family team conferences in accordance with the Administration for Children Services conference dates guidelines,
- Family Team Conference Manager at Brooklyn Community Services
- Social Worker Intern at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center
- Director of Maternity Mother Child Blended Program at Lutheran Social Services
- Patient Navigator/Cancer Care Coordinator/Outreach Specialist at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center
1 year at this Job
- Master of Social Work - Leadership and Macro Practice Community
- Master of Sciences - Emergency Management Services
- Bachelor of Arts - Social Sciences
• Supervised a team of Conference Assistants and oversaw the processing of conference guests.
• Maintained computerized record of all supplies and tracked their quantity, location and repair needs.
- Conference Manager at NJIT Office of Residence Life
- Resident Assistant at NJIT Office of Residence Life
- Development Chairperson at NJIT Office of Residence Life
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
Manage overall coordination of Human Rights conference, create website, Social Media Development, and Registration process.
- Conference Manager at University of WA School of Law
- Management Consultancy - Business Development at Wellness, Inc
- Operations / Project Management at The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Start Up Consulting at Burn Design Lab
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- BA - Professional Affiliations and Volunteer Activities
- - League of Seattle Government Advocacy Co-founder
Was the primary face of registration for all attendees. Worked directly with onsite Conference Service Managers to ensure meeting room setup and meal preparation (including special dietary concerns).
◦ Worked with back of the house staff to deliver appropriate technology, comfort items and handle surprise requests from speakers.
◦ Developed a flexible mindset to apply the basics of conference oversight to different properties and different event sizes. The annual Governor's Conference on Tourism changed locations each year and attendance ranged from 800-1000 people. The Northwoods Economic Development Summit also moved each year and attendance ranged from 200-300 people.
• Assistant to the Director of Customer Services: ◦ Managed the daily fulfillment of all Tourism printed materials by overseeing operations at two warehouses and shipping publications to the WI Welcome Centers. At the peak of printed guide popularity, more than 2 million guides were distributed annually. Inventory control and distribution reports were essential to the quick delivery of requested materials to our customers. ◦ Moved fulfillment operations from our original one-to-one fulfillment center in La Crosse to a new facility in Madison. Required finding appropriate vendors, taking bids, and providing recommendations to the Director. Followed a similar pattern to move our large quantity fulfillment center to a new provider. ◦ Worked with outside vendors and partners to open new Welcome Center locations across the state and at the Mall of America and in downtown Chicago. These locations have since been privatized or closed due to a change in Department of Tourism priorities and budget.
- Assistant to the Conference Manager at WI Department of Tourism - Customer Services
18 years, 10 months at this Job
- BA - Anthropology