Conference manager for Wild Things 2019, a bi-annual gathering of regional conservation specialists. Notable outcomes: Increased attendance by almost 50% over 2017 levels Increased sales income by 100% over 2017 levels Increased Sponsorship by 20% over 2017 levels Unique in its structure, Wild Things prides itself on its high degree of planning and execution by volunteers. The Conference Manager is the sole paid position in the Wild Things Community organization.
- Conference Manager at WILD THINGS
- ART EDUCATOR at March of 2018 by Dawn Publications
- Restoration Volunteer at Friends of the Somme Preserves
- AUTHOR, ILLUSTRATOR at March of 2018 by Dawn Publications
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- MFA - Painting and Film
- BFA - Painting
Conference Manager – Bank of America, Boston. · Managing activity and overseeing the daily execution of facility (coordinators, receptionist, audio visual, food service teams and porters) · Overseeing the strategic booking of space within the Reservation System, so as to ensure maximum utilization of the facilities by the client organization · Maintaining positive client relationships and ensuring a timely response by Conference Coordinators to all inquiries for space and/or service needs · Ensuring an ongoing flow of communications between the Conference Coordinators and clients before, during and after the execution of their events · Effectively planning and communicating to all relevant internal departments and vendors the specific needs of the client, including room set-up, Audio Visual and food and beverage requirements · Ensuring the timely preparation, by self and Conference Coordinators, of complete documentation for large/complex functions and producing Event Protocols · Creating and updating standard operating procedures for the Conference Center operation · Overseeing the training of new Conference Planners in departmental procedures · Developing action plans to improve services and customer satisfaction from a conference planning perspective · Resolving booking challenges relating to space, timing, seniority issues, etc., calling upon the General Manager as well as client for input and assistance if necessary · Hires, trains and develops managers, and is actively involved in the development of service techniques, menu presentation, policies and procedures · Creates reports of operating statements and operational budgets, and reviews the collection of receivables Creates catering activities, books, plans & directed functions · Creates proposals, contracts and banquet event orders · Prepares and monitors budgets; financial targets and forecasts Maintains local clients database and builds and maintains relationship with new vendors
- Conference Manager at Compass Group USA
- Conference Coordinator at Babson Executive Conference Center "Babson Collage" at Compass Group
- Team Lead at Extended stay America
- Manager - corporate events operation at Thomas Cook
8 months at this Job
- - English Mission
*Manages and assumes primary responsibility for the conference-related technology, including conference registration software, call for session proposal process, exhibitor and other conference modules, database management, website updates, mobile apps, webcast production. *Coordinates program content, speaker management, AV needs, instructional materials, room sets, and food and beverage. *Supports volunteers and committees *Markets conferences to different audiences and writes, proofs, and edits content for promotional collateral
- Conference Manager at Reading Recovery Council of North America
- Outreach & Events Specialist at Ohio Housing Finance Agency
- Meetings & Events Manager at KeyBank
- Account Manager at Destinations by Design
7 months at this Job
- B.A. - English Writing
Bethesda, MD 2011 to Present
CONFERENCE MANAGER - SCIENCE RESEARCH CONFERENCES (SRC)
Successfully manage conferences for 31 client societies with over 35K members in the US. Engage in conference management for multiple biomedical science research conferences held in both domestic and international locations.
• Oversee the planning and execution of 35 conferences each year, personally managing 12.
• Manage marketing and communications, registration fee and conference budget forecasting, conference series scheduling, venue selection and communication plans.
• Generate conference planning initiatives, and oversee four team members, assigning tasks and evaluating performance.
• Managed complete logistics for a scientific conference with more than 200 attendees in Colorado and hosting 35 speakers, securing a venue contract, onboarding multiple vendors at the resort, overseeing registration fees, working with organizers and speakers to handle accommodations and catering, and remaining within the $400K budget.
• Upgraded and updated the branding for conferences, designing a video for placement on the website, and successfully increasing the number of overall attendees and levels of participation.
• Work with organizers, suppliers, team members and department staff for all aspects of conference management and programming, ensure compliance of program objectives, design and manage the SRC website and registration database for multiple conferences, and deliver onsite management for numerous meetings.
• Oversee and manage registration, prepare detailed instructions for facilities, suppliers and staff, maintain an operations office for each conference site, provide organizers with administration support and conference management, work with conference venue staff, supervise the setup of meeting rooms, A/V and technical resources, and coordinate social events.
• Prepare and distribute conference closeouts, reporting, data collection and evaluations to determine venue value, attendee trends, speaker involvement, sponsorship opportunities and marketing objectives for future conferences.
• Interact with conference stakeholders, manage direct reports, and meet scheduled deliverables and financial goals.
• Received 3 Certificates of Appreciation for attendee generation, SRC branding, and meeting support during an act of terrorism.
- CONFERENCE MANAGER - SCIENCE RESEARCH CONFERENCES (SRC) at Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB)
- MANAGER - CONFERENCES AND MEETINGS at American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Senior Meeting Planner at MedImmune
- Meeting Planner at MedImmune
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- PCMA, MPI, UMUC, Frederick Community College - Marketing, Accounting, Exhibits, Trade Shows, Meeting Planning, Print and Digital, Social Media - any studies related to the success of a conference
A senior manager in the Communications Solutions Division responsible for contracts valued from $500,000 - $1,500,000. Clients include U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Children’s Bureau; Office of Adolescent Health; and U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, and Department of Labor. All meetings included budget creation and management, registration management, mobile apps, abstract review and submission portal creation and management, leading a planning team, and communications and social media planning. Currently planning 20 annual grantee meetings, the 21st National Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect with 1400 onsite and 1000 virtual participants with 18 concurrent sessions, and the 2019 Child Welfare Evaluation Summit with 700 participants and 12 concurrent sessions all being held between April and August 2019.
- Project and Conference Manager at IMPAQ International
- Groups Sales & Services Manager at Hampton Convention & Visitor Bureau
- Principal at HKF & Associates
- Senior Project Manager at Seamon Corporation
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Communications
- - Conference and Meeting Planning
• Assists in developing budgets.
• Assists in reconciling conference accounts.
• Develops procedures and timelines for yearly, monthly and weekly action items
• Oversight of Administrative Assistant; provide daily instructions; review work; provide guidance on projects
• Assists with site selection and contract negotiations with facilities and suppliers.
• Evaluates bids from potential vendors and suppliers.
• Assists with the development, design, and the updating of on-line registration forms and procedures.
• Develops policies/guidelines with Director for application and registration procedures.
• Assists and advises organizers in the overall planning and implementation of the conference (fund raising, participant selection, advertising, etc.).
• Research and purchase registration and meeting supplies
• Reviews and approves invoices for payment of services provided from outside vendors.
• Processes and maintains records of money received and spent.
• Provides assistance in the preparation of grant applications for outside funding support.
• Prepares final reports for conferences to government agencies and private corporations.
• Liaisons with invited speakers and conference participants
• Arranges for participant lodging arrangements.
• Approves and processes reimbursement vouchers.
• Assists the Marketing/Business Development Manager with the development of advertising and promotional materials.
• Assists with the development of the conference web design and homepage.
• Manages the on-site registration process.
• Prepares detailed instructions for facilities, suppliers and staff.
• Maintains an operations office for each conference site.
• Staffs and supervises conferences on-site.
• Trains temporary personnel.
• Provides organizers with administrative support and conference management.
• Opens and closes conference site.
• Liaisons with conference venue staff.
• Supervises set-up of meeting rooms, A/V, food & beverage, etc.
- Conference Manager at Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB)
- Conference Coordinator at OSMC/SRC
- Administrative Assistant at OSMC/SRC
- Certified Medical Assistant at Medical Access
1 year, 2 months at this Job
Oversee a full service conference center that specializes in the complete management of evets of all sizes to include: technical and non-technical events, workshops, seminars, as well as large community activities. Contributed significantly to the increase in sales on average of 35%-40% and essentially eliminated customer complaints while ensuring consistent world class service is delivered to all of our valued customers.
- Conference Manager at Compass Group
- Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory, Travel Manager at Princeton University
- Berlex Pharmaceutical, Branch Manager at Carlson Wagon-lit Travel
- Team Leader at Nabisco
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Political Science/Min. Management Science
Creating staging guides to coordinate venue spaces, housing, arrival and departure routines for programs.
● Organize catering for events of 300+ atendees with onsite and offsite catering services.
● Meet with and advise onsite coordinators months prior to and during the duration of the conference to revise and update staging guides. Special Skills and Competencies: Microsoft Office Suite, InDesign, Blogging, Video editing, Garageband, Banner, Apple and PC software, Formstack, Social Media, Photoshop, Basic Spanish and French language skills
- Onsite Conference Manager at ICE Designs
- Event Manager Assistant at ICE Designs
- CEO and Graphic Designer at ICE Designs
- Event coordinator at Fisher Yoshida International
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Public Relations
• Facilitated international conference for domestic and foreign dignitaries.
• Prepare, gather and proof all briefing materials and agendas for all meetings.
• Distribute all briefing materials to foreign dignitaries and their representatives.
• Schedule travel, lodging, and transportation of foreign dignitaries.
• Coordinate catering for all events. (217)840-9014 [email protected]
- Executive Conference Manager at Supreme Allied Commander Transformation
- Executive Administrator at United States Navy
- Personnel Clerk at Helicopter Countermine Squadron
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Health Care Administration
• Interview staff and assist with hiring process
• Facilitate staff training
• Coordinate group reservations
• Update and distribute key, meal, and housing information
- Conference Manager at Clemson University
- Front of House at Chick-fil-A
- IHH Care Coordinator at Abbe Center for Community Mental Health
- Bather at PetSmart
2 months at this Job
- BA - Psychology