• Assists in developing budgets.
• Assists in reconciling conference accounts.
• Develops procedures and timelines for yearly, monthly and weekly action items
• Oversight of Administrative Assistant; provide daily instructions; review work; provide guidance on projects
• Assists with site selection and contract negotiations with facilities and suppliers.
• Evaluates bids from potential vendors and suppliers.
• Assists with the development, design, and the updating of on-line registration forms and procedures.
• Develops policies/guidelines with Director for application and registration procedures.
• Assists and advises organizers in the overall planning and implementation of the conference (fund raising, participant selection, advertising, etc.).
• Research and purchase registration and meeting supplies
• Reviews and approves invoices for payment of services provided from outside vendors.
• Processes and maintains records of money received and spent.
• Provides assistance in the preparation of grant applications for outside funding support.
• Prepares final reports for conferences to government agencies and private corporations.
• Liaisons with invited speakers and conference participants
• Arranges for participant lodging arrangements.
• Approves and processes reimbursement vouchers.
• Assists the Marketing/Business Development Manager with the development of advertising and promotional materials.
• Assists with the development of the conference web design and homepage.
• Manages the on-site registration process.
• Prepares detailed instructions for facilities, suppliers and staff.
• Maintains an operations office for each conference site.
• Staffs and supervises conferences on-site.
• Trains temporary personnel.
• Provides organizers with administrative support and conference management.
• Opens and closes conference site.
• Liaisons with conference venue staff.
• Supervises set-up of meeting rooms, A/V, food & beverage, etc.
- Conference Manager at Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB)
- Conference Coordinator at OSMC/SRC
- Administrative Assistant at OSMC/SRC
- Certified Medical Assistant at Medical Access
1 year, 8 months at this Job
Managed the JD Hill Conference Center for customers in the intelligence community
• Greeted group clients and coordinated pre-conference meetings for all programs
• Coordinated and facilitated customer's BEO (Banquet Event Order)
• Ensured room setups were consistent with customer meeting specifications
• Maintained current information on and monitored booking trends to produce forecast figures and month-end reports (metrics)
• Followed through to completion of function(s) including post program needs
• Maintained pricing integrity and proposed upscale menus for all groups
• Conducted tours of the conference center and banquet facilities
- Conference Manager at Boeing
- Event Manager at Specialty Graphics Imaging Association
- Event Manager, Software Quality Engineering at SQE
- Meeting Planner at Compass Management, Inc
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Public Administration
• Initial point of contact for participants' inquiries and issues
• Create and maintain profiles for 150 conference participants via Excel
• Financial transactions of conference: Deposit and track fees in university accounts
• Communicate with various participants of conference via email and phone
• Provide instructions to international participants for visa applications
• Manage conference web site by WordPress (upload and update conference material)
- Conference Manager at Widener University
- Human Resource Assistant at Paradyme Management Inc
- Office Assistant at University Of Maryland
1 year at this Job
- Master of Science - Management
- Bachelor of Science - Economics
- CONFERENCE MANAGER at NJIT OFFICE OF RESIDENCE LIFE
- PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER at NJIT STUDENT SENATE
- RESIDENT ASSISTANT at NJIT OFFICE OF RESIDENCE LIFE
- DEVELOPMENT CHAIRPERSON, NJIT OFFICE OF RESIDENCE LIFE at RESIDENCE LIFE
2 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING - MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Coordinate all logistical aspects of on-campus services for corporate, social, and private events (meetings, conferences, parties, fairs, trainings, camps, etc.) for clients ranging in size from 10- 1,000, serving as the point of contact throughout the entire planning process and event. Plan and coordinate menus, set-ups, rentals, and desired specialty items to tailor events according to the personal tastes and budget of clients. Prepare customized diagrams for unique room layouts in Social Tables. Generate contracts and invoices for brokered services (space rental, catering, parking, audio-visual, equipment, housing, personnel, and other needs). Receive required Certificate of Insurance and payment according to established payment schedule. Possess the ability to balance at least 5 simultaneous events on a given day, while providing first class customer service to clients onsite, and balancing communication with potential and contracted groups for future events. Support in advertising, recruiting, interviewing, selecting, training, and supervising 3-4 part-time Conference Assistants, as well as interview and train new full-time staff members. Created surveys in Qualtrics to gather feedback from clients.
- CONFERENCE MANAGER at Reservations & Event Services, University of North Carolina
- ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SPECIALIST at Reservations & Event Services, University of North Carolina
- COORDINATOR OF STUDENT GROUP RECOGNITION & DEVELOPMENT AND OFFICE MANGER at Kean University
- PURCHASING AGENT at Purchasing Department, Kean University
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Arts - Public Communications
Maintains overall responsibility for event and meeting projects as well as specifically assigned responsibilities within various functional areas on a client account. Works with a variety of accounts creating operational timelines, venue
and location selection, food and beverage management, transportation, speaker and VIP procurement as well as contract negotiation. Skillfully manages volunteer committees as well as daily interface with various association
executives at all levels as well as their members to ensure successful meetings and events.
• Manage multiple assigned projects for a variety of professional conferences, meetings, seminars and retreats
• Currently acts as the Firm's food and beverage lead, overseeing menu creation, client guidance and service implementation for events ranging from 1200 to 15,000+ attendees with budgets exceeding $750K
• Ensure that assigned logistical details i.e. room set-up, audio visual, transportation, housing, food and beverage for meetings are planned effectively.
• Travel regularly to conference, meeting and event sites to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that may arise.
• Review and reconcile event billing to ensure accuracy and adherence to client's financial specifications.
• Oversees events with budgets ranging from $100k to $500k+
• Create and monitor timelines for multiple events.
• Hires and supervises ancillary vendors, ensuring quality performance and adherence to all event specifications
- CONFERENCE MANAGER at RUTHERFORD & ASSOCIATES
- PRINCIPAL PLANNER at PREMIERE EVENT MANAGEMENT
- EDUCATIONAL FACILITATOR & DEVELOPER at DIVA ENTERPRISES, LLC
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- BA - Sociology
• Managed over 30 meetings and conferences throughout the United States.
• Selected venue qualification, contracting, negotiation and planning of meetings and conferences.
• Attendee management including travel, transportation and housing arrangements.
• Managed budget for all assigned projects; control costs & expenses and processed vendors and speakers' invoices.
• Provided event status updates regularly to internal account and project teams and participated in weekly status meetings.
• Proactively address challenges and concerns, with proposed solutions, to supervisor and account/project team members.
• Provide on-site support with the registration process in addition to managing staff and speakers during meetings.
- Conference Manager at National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED)
- Senior Human Resource Associate at Stereotaxis Inc
- Manager, Corporate Events at
- Program Coordinator at UAW Ford Motor Company Bright Horizons Family Solutions (FSLC)
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Studies - Organizational Studies
- Master of Management - Management
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Master of Science - Supply Chain Management
Set up rooms varying in sizes to specific specifications. Ensure cleanliness of rooms.
Set up rooms varying in sizes to specific specifications. Ensure cleanliness of rooms.
- Conference Manager at National Conservation Training Center
- Customer Service Representative at Sportsman's Warehouse
- Housekeeper at Valley Health System
- Student Worker at WVU Dining Services
1 year, 9 months at this Job
• Manages all planning/execution and logistics for GPO programs on behalf of pharmaceutical client
• Manages planning/execution and logistics for large scale conferences and symposiums on behalf of a pharmaceutical client
• Manages (3) junior level coordinators to ensure successful execution of speaker bureau programs ◦ Conducts 1:1's to review work and provide constructive and actionable feedback ◦ Ensures guidelines, compliance, and business rules are followed ◦ Familiar with and enforces client specific guidelines ◦ Problem solves when issues arise ◦ Ongoing training
• Takes the lead on training and development of new coordinators and interns
• Collaborates with vendors for program development and execution (ION, McKesson, Aptitude Health, VitalSource)
• Collaborate with pharmaceutical client to strategize and identify target GPO and medical accounts
• Manages budgets and ensures client and company guidelines are met
• Manages Client Portal system
• Manages, evaluates, and creates client reports
• Negotiates and executes contracts on behalf of pharmaceutical client
• Completes event reconciliation to verify compliance (Sunshine Act) prior to submitting to Compliance & Finance Team
• Meets established deadlines and oversee that junior staff meets established deadlines
• Communicates clearly and effectively with logistics/account services/management
• Identify deficiencies and propose process improvements
• Manage SOPs
• Ability to manage multiple clients
• Attends client status calls and serves as the liaison between the client and team
• Serves as lead liaison between account services and logistics
• Manages weekly reports submitted to client
- Conference Manager at
- at Syneos Health
- Senior Program Coordinator at Client Services Management
- Group Sales Manager at Hilton Dallas Park Cities Hotel
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master's of Strategic Management - Strategic Management
- Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership & Supervision - Spanish
- Manage high-profile hotel investment conferences for the Caribbean, Latin American, Indian, and Asian Pacific regions - Procure event sponsors and coordinate sponsor benefits - Achieved 24% sales increase in annual sponsorship sales, including a 4% increase above the record year - Draft and maintain conference program - Secure, manage, and maintain consistent communication with conference speakers - Conference vendor screening, negotiation, and selection - Oversee all onsite logistics including registration, room sets, food and beverage orders, audio/visual orders, student volunteers, and sponsor relations - Compile event flow diagrams including storyboards to maintain visual communication about event processions - Collect post-event feedback via anonymous surveys and one-on-one discussions with intent to make improves to following years’ events - Orchestrate annual planning meetings to brainstorm conference subjects and goals with top hotel and investment executives, gathering data electronically
- Conference Manager - Associate at Burba Hotel Network
- Professional Development Institute Student Assistant at Cal Poly Pomona
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Hospitality Management