Global Conference Planner (2016 - present) Conference and Exhibit Coordinator (2015)
• Create and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
• Coordinate conference logistics with Conference/Banquet Manager including room set-ups, AV orders and Food & Beverage orders
• Administrator of the Abstract Management System which encompasses conference scheduling, author communications, reporting, data entry, role assignment, email communications. Etc.
• Handle outside vendor RFPs through negotiation and contract approval process (temp staff, security, AV)
• Manage event websites content and updates and event specific mobile apps
• Coordinate set-up of event registration, ongoing registration reporting and onsite registration
• Collect and develop copy for Proceedings, Show Directory and Final Programs
• Coordinate exposition logistics with General Service Contractor and onsite management
• Work cross-functionally to ensure successful interdepartmental communication within the organization
Global Conference Planner (2016 - present)
Conference and Exhibit Coordinator (2015)
- Global Conference Planner at ASM International
- Marketing & Events Manager at Quaker Steak & Lube
- Assistant Manager / Bridal Show Coordinator at Evaline's Bridal
- Event Logistics Manager / Client Services Manager at ECRM
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- - Paralegal Studies Coursework
- - Event Management Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
January 2007 – present--Human Resources Development—Carilion Clinic, Roanoke, VA 24016
Conference planner position duties include, but are not limited to:
• Manage all logistical aspects of the educational conferences and seminars sponsored by human resource development numbering over 50 events per year.
• Negotiate contracts for conference venues.
• Work with various clinical clients to design agendas for conferences, determine speakers for specific sessions, and prepare all continuing education documentation for each conference.
• Work with speakers to negotiate contracts, payment, and travel arrangements.
• Design and produce, based on corporate standards, all marketing material for all clinical conferences sponsored by Human Resources Training & Development.
• Design and track all aspects of the conference budgets each year; consistently maintained budgets under anticipated expenditures for the last two years.
• During the past four fiscal years costs have been under budget by 25%
• Increased outside participation in Carilion Clinic conferences by approximately 35% over the last three fiscal years
• Manage contact databases for vendors, potential presenters and potential participants.
• Pen all applications for continuing education for clinicians including, but not limited to CME, Nursing, Case Management, Social Work, Respiratory Therapy, Radiology Technician, Physical and Occupational Therapy.
- Conference Planner/Education Consultant at Carilion Clinic
- Career Pathways/Tech Prep Coordinator/Distance Education Staff/ Recruiter/Adjunct Instructor at New River Comm
- Marketing Coordinator at Comprehensive Computer Solutions
- Conference/Seminar Coordinator at National Association of Child Care Professionals
at this Job
- M.Ed. - Personnel Services
- B.A. - Psychology
• Large-scale conference and event planning.
• Follow up on general and account-related inquiries.
• Social Media Management.
• Communicate with planners to coordinate conference logistics.
• Ensure collection of deposits by their deadlines and process payments.
• In-depth utilization of Mirage Hotel Management System and Conference Planning software.
• Accommodate on-site guests and conference attendees.
• Build and nurture relationships with existing clients.
• Night Audit and closing of P.O.S. System.
- Conference Planner at Marconi State Historic Park and Conference Center
- Program Manager at Bethesda Lutheran Communities
- Senior Specialist at Disability Action Center (DAC)
- Community Outreach and Events Coordinator Intern at Independent Living Services of Northern California (ILSNC)/Eye Life Institute
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- BS - Health Science Option: Health Administration
• National Association's Biennial Conference (approx.. 500 attendees expected) o Budget management, Registration, Keynote and Speaker management, Exhibitor Management, Vendor Management, Room Block Management, Logistics, Advisement to Conferencia Committee
- Conference Planner at Owl Springs Consulting, LLC
- Behavioral Health Program Director at Kewa Pueblo Health Corporation
- Part-Time Regular Instructor at Central New Mexico Community College
- Biennial Conference Planner at Owl Springs Consulting, LLC
5 months at this Job
- M.S. - Clinical Psychopharmacology
- - Southwest Consortium Predoctoral Psychology Internship
- Ph. D. - Counseling Psychology
- M. A. - Counseling and Guidance
- B. A. - Psychology
Oversee all logistical operations for seven global conferences for projected audience sizes
ranging from 500 to 5,000 while integrating into a new workforce through the Gartner
• Manage Food and Beverage budgets ranging from $78,000 to $1,500,000 while partnering with the hotel and external vendors to implement cost savings and at times requesting investments to ensure a quality year over year experience and preserve global consistencies.
• Source, manage and build strong, positive working relationships with event vendors and conference suppliers creating a seamless onsite experience for attendees and internal business partners.
• Partner closely with the Global Exhibitor Sales Team to drive revenue and ensure fulfillment of exhibitor deliverables; continually look for opportunities to further promote exhibitor engagement at the conference.
• Serve as a thought partner for other Event Planners on how to boost audience and vendor engagement through Food and Beverage to drive overall success to each event within my portfolio.
• Maintain extreme grace under pressure.
- CONFERENCE PLANNER, GLOBAL CONFERENCES at GARTNER
- CONFERENCE COORDINATOR at GARTNER
- EVENT COORDINATOR at GARTNER
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Fashion Merchandising
• Liaison between client, sales team, F&B team, A/V team and housemen; gathered logistics for groups and communicated them with all departments (A/V, F&B, Houseman)
• Increased sales through enhanced packages
• Onsite contact for all groups; held 80% of clients in building
• Planned and coordinated all events from start to finish
• Created contracts, collected advanced deposits, finalized booking checks, created accurate BEO's and Ran weekly BEO meeting
• Kept clients abreast of all due dates: F&B, deposits, final numbers
• Worked with reservations and rooming lists
- Conference Planner at The Fluno Center
- Event & Fundraising Coordinator at Rape Crisis Center
- Events Coordinator at Career and Employment Center
- Events Coordinator Intern at N.E.T
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's in applied studies - Leadership and Organizational Studies
- Associate in Applied Science - Meeting and Event Management
Planned/executed ~40 offsite sponsorship events (often concurrently) for avg. 200 attendees per program
● Planned/executed annual multi-day policy forums/conferences in Tier One cities for avg. 50 attendees
● Responsible for full-spectrum planning - from designing registration site to negotiating AV and budget creation/management up to +$100,000 per event
● Negotiated/contracted with 5-star properties to secure best pricing for food/beverage and AV support
● Coordinated with VIP speakers to ensure efficient travel and seamless presentations to audiences of 500+
● Collaborated with Development staff and office of CEO/President to facilitate high-level sponsor meetings
● Managed complex collateral shipments, ensuring timely and cost effective delivery of material to event-sites
● Created departmental technical guides for event AV implementation (livestreaming, speaker briefing, pre-event AV equipment testing)
● Developed software proficiency in Microsoft Office, Swoogo (registration), BadgePro (collateral creation)
● Based in DC Metropolitan area; ~20% travel
- Senior Conference Planner at Cato Institute
- Event Planner at National Conference, Inc
- Booking Project Specialist at Bureau of Education and Research
- Program Manager at Bureau of Education and Research
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - International Relations
• Coordinating large Corporate Events
• Booking and Handling Client Meetings
• IT Support for client meetings and conferences
• Handling and organizing calendars meetings/events
• Creating and building innovative events for internal and external vendors/clientele
• Attending to prestigious clients and provide efficient, friendly, and quality service at all times
- Conference Planner / Client Relations at Morgan Stanley
- Manager at Starbucks
- Marketing Events Specialist at Active Autowerke
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Event Managemnt
- Bachelor's - Hospitality Administration/Management
· Manage the content logistics experience for summits of up to 5,000+ attendees globally · Support the logistics team on conferences of 10,000+ attendees · Work with global partners to ensure consistency and scalable experiences for clients and prospects · Collaborate with the One-on-One Expert support team to launch a new session cancellation process for largest global conferences · Measure content results across businesses to ensure client feedback is the highest priority for future projects and developments · Create and maintain team event checklist to keep us consistent and organized · Continue to simplify onsite staff training and developed an enhanced global process to ensure consistency across regions · Set up and manage our interactive attendee in-app game on an event level
· Manage the content logistics experience for summits of up to 5,000+ attendees globally
· Support the logistics team on conferences of 10,000+ attendees
· Work with global partners to ensure consistency and scalable experiences for clients and prospects
· Collaborate with the One-on-One Expert support team to launch a new session cancellation process for largest global conferences
· Measure content results across businesses to ensure client feedback is the highest priority for future projects and developments
· Create and maintain team event checklist to keep us consistent and organized
· Continue to simplify onsite staff training and developed an enhanced global process to ensure consistency across regions
· Set up and manage our interactive attendee in-app game on an event level
- Senior Conference Planner at Gartner, Inc
- Conference Planner at Gartner, Inc
- Events Intern at Buckley Hall Events
- Events Coordinating Intern at Oren Co. (Formally Yifat Oren & Associates)
3 months at this Job
- BACHELORS - PUBLIC RELATIONS & MARKETING
IEEE Computer Society - Los Alamitos, CA www.computer.org Propose, plan, budget, develop, implement and close IEEE sponsored technical meetings, conferences and internal meetings/events. Oversee technical meeting requests, budget reviews and hotel contracting, including onsite logistical management for conferences and other IEEE initiatives. Work closely with IEEE senior staff, volunteer leadership and committees to plan and execute successful events.
- CONFERENCE PLANNER at www.computer.org
- VICE PRESIDENT, EVENTS & MARKETING at GLADSTEIN, NEANDROSS & ASSOCIATES
- MANAGER, CONFERENCE PLANNING at NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION
- EVENTS DIRECTOR at THE URBAN LAND INSTITUTE
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Communications/Journalism