Restaurant Associates onsite at Hearst Corporation, New York, NY 11/10 - Present
• Coordinate events for an operation that handles over 1,000 services and events annually with guest counts ranging from 2 to 350 guests and sales over $850K
• Manage calendar and schedule services and events strategically to align with business needs and executive preferences
• Cultivated relationships with and provide exemplary service to CEO, trustees, high-level executives, magazine editors, publishers, executive assistants, and repeat external clients
• Collaborate with internal vendors such as the on-site audiovisual, maintenance, and property management teams to ensure seamless operations and successful events
• Complete billing and weekly forecasting for all services and events on executive floors
• Act as an on-floor presence as the first point of contact for all guests and clients
• Attend weekly meetings with team to strategize operations for upcoming events
• Partnered with Executive Chef to prepare menu signage and additional marketing collateral
• Answer high volume calls and schedule complex senior-level meetings, luncheons, dinners, and conference calls
• Manage the daily flow of on-site events, ensure participants and faculty are on schedule, and materials are distributed
• Provide on-site administrative support and problem-solved any issues that arose
• Develop event notifications and reminders via email and other communication tools (Outlook, Meeting Maker, etc.)
- Conference Planner at Compass Group onsite @ Hearst
- Reception Service Associate (RSA) at Compass Group onsite @ Goldman Sachs
- Administrative Assistant (Temporary assignment) at Private Wealth Management
8 years, 4 months at this Job
- B. A. - Organizational Management
January 2007 – present--Human Resources Development—Carilion Clinic, Roanoke, VA 24016
Conference planner position duties include, but are not limited to:
• Manage all logistical aspects of the educational conferences and seminars sponsored by human resource development numbering over 50 events per year.
• Negotiate contracts for conference venues.
• Work with various clinical clients to design agendas for conferences, determine speakers for specific sessions, and prepare all continuing education documentation for each conference.
• Work with speakers to negotiate contracts, payment, and travel arrangements.
• Design and produce, based on corporate standards, all marketing material for all clinical conferences sponsored by Human Resources Training & Development.
• Design and track all aspects of the conference budgets each year; consistently maintained budgets under anticipated expenditures for the last two years.
• During the past four fiscal years costs have been under budget by 25%
• Increased outside participation in Carilion Clinic conferences by approximately 35% over the last three fiscal years
• Manage contact databases for vendors, potential presenters and potential participants.
• Pen all applications for continuing education for clinicians including, but not limited to CME, Nursing, Case Management, Social Work, Respiratory Therapy, Radiology Technician, Physical and Occupational Therapy.
- Conference Planner/Education Consultant at Carilion Clinic
- Career Pathways/Tech Prep Coordinator/Distance Education Staff/ Recruiter/Adjunct Instructor at New River Comm
- Marketing Coordinator at Comprehensive Computer Solutions
- Conference/Seminar Coordinator at National Association of Child Care Professionals
at this Job
- M.Ed. - Personnel Services
- B.A. - Psychology
1. Organized government conferences : ASEAN-Japan Heads of IP office meeting (11 countries), North Pacific Coast Guard Forum (5 countries), Tokyo AMR One-Health Conference (22 countries)etc. 2. Trusted with a $200,000 budget to coordinate and manage an International conference. 3. Scheduling and coordinating conferences, appointments, and productions with clients and distributors. 4. Coordinated the travel plan (airfare, visa, accommodations) of international participants. 5. Provided administrative support to the college professors, American companies, and participants. 6. Increased sales from 10% to 50% after negotiating with the dealers for the conference. 7. Responsible for generating budget estimates and placing bids for new conferences. 8. Negotiating on behalf of the clients and company with dealers. 9. Developed a new filing system to unify dealer lists and documents to be submitted for the bidding process. 10. Training new employees. 11. Managing deadlines and distribution of work to ensure on time completion. 12. Attended and directed conference workers to ensure client needs were addressed.
- Conference Planner at Inter Group Corporation
- Teaching Assistant at Akita International University
- Barista/Café Server at Saint Marc Cafe
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Master - Global Communication Practices
- Bachelors - Economics/Marketing
High Technology Crime Investigation Association - Executive Assistant and Conference Planner (remote)
➢ Provided high level administrative support to the International Executive Committee and Board of Directors
➢ Responsible for day-to-day operations of international association
➢ Aggregate, organized and managed a variety of records, documents and files
➢ Assisted with budget preparation, dissemination of financial reports and provided oversight of all chapter and association bank accounts.
➢ Managed 3,000-member database and respond independently to member inquiries and requests
➢ Created marketing and advertising collateral material to promote association and Conference
➢ Contributed to website content and managed updates
➢ Liaison with committees, boards, volunteers and members to advance mission and goals
➢ Served as the Conference Planner for the International Conference &Training Expo for 5 years. This included management of volunteers, oversight of 100+ educational training courses and vendor exhibition. Special emphasis on booth and advertising sales, contract negotiations, budget, marketing and sponsor solicitation. Rancho Cordova 4th of July Festival - Event Coordinator (on-going contract)
➢ In cooperation with the Cordova Community Council, worked with city leaders and volunteers on the successful production of annual festival which draws over 30,000 attendees. Primary responsibilities included vendor booth sales, oversight of vendors, contracts, payments, logistics and talent solicitation. CA Peace Officers' Association (CPOA) - Tradeshow Manager
➢ Tradeshow manager for statewide law enforcement tradeshow (COPSWest)
➢ Created detailed plans and booth layouts tailored to our 400-booth tradeshow
➢ Solicited industry speakers for pre-and post-event training and education
➢ Negotiated with convention center and hotels to procure meeting space and hotel rooms
➢ Created promotional literature and materials for distribution at trade show and seminars
➢ Worked with the marketing team to develop and implement an ongoing effective tradeshow
➢ Managed tradeshow contracts and association relationships
➢ Planned and organized on-site show personnel activities and responsibilities
➢ Determined and implemented best practices for lead generation and qualification
➢ Managed activities of all relevant vendors, suppliers and external business partners, including creative agencies and promotional items vendors, CVB's DMC's, audio visual companies, transportation, hotel/catering services and show decorator CA Association of Nurseries and Garden Centers - Director of Programs
➢ Created and managed statewide education programs, annual conference and tours for California nursery and landscape professionals.
➢ Coordinated logistics for all association meetings, events and tours
➢ Negotiated and secured contracts with vendors, suppliers and external business partners, speakers, creative agencies and promotional items vendors, CVB's DMC's, audio visual companies, transportation, and hotel/catering services.
➢ Budget preparation, monitoring and post-event reconciliation
➢ Liaison to executive staff, board of directors, committees, volunteers and staff to accomplish mission and goals for training and education. TECHNICAL SKILLS AND OTHER COMPETENCIES MSOffice: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel Booth space, sponsorship and advertising sales Social Media Online Surveys/Webinars Website maintenance (Word Press) Database oversight Communication & Team Building Skills & Problem Solving Logistical Planning & Coordination Budget Oversight, accounts payable/receivables Contract Negotiations
- Executive Assistant and Conference Planner at HTCIA
11 years, 9 months at this Job
- Some college
IEEE Computer Society - Los Alamitos, CA www.computer.org Propose, plan, budget, develop, implement and close IEEE sponsored technical meetings, conferences and internal meetings/events. Oversee technical meeting requests, budget reviews and hotel contracting, including onsite logistical management for conferences and other IEEE initiatives. Work closely with IEEE senior staff, volunteer leadership and committees to plan and execute successful events.
- CONFERENCE PLANNER at www.computer.org
- VICE PRESIDENT, EVENTS & MARKETING at GLADSTEIN, NEANDROSS & ASSOCIATES
- MANAGER, CONFERENCE PLANNING at NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION
- EVENTS DIRECTOR at THE URBAN LAND INSTITUTE
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Communications/Journalism
• Plan and manage all aspects of meetings and events including site selection, contracting, budgeting, attendee registration, meeting logistics, meeting execution and post-event reporting.
• Experience planning various types of events including lunch-and-learns, team celebrations, live-stream video town halls, sales roadshows, regional meetings, leadership meetings, national sales conferences, national customer conference and sales incentive programs.
• Develop and execute communication strategy for disseminating information to attendees in a clear and effective manner by using a mix of websites, emails, mobile applications, pre-trip packets and onsite handouts.
• Work with and build relationships with internal clients from multiple business units and at all levels within the company.
• Establish and maintain a network of contacts in the hospitality and events industry.
- Meeting/Conference Planner at Voya Financial
- Marketing Communications Specialist at Voya Financial
- Marketing Specialist at Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
- Marketing Assistant at Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
2 years, 6 months at this Job
Plan, coordinate and execute all aspects of the annual Texas Transplantation Society conference, including attendee registration, exhibitor relationships, continuing education credits, hotel management, entertainment, speaker scheduling and travel arrangements
• Implement and manage iMIS membership database of 1,200 members
• Initiate and collect annual membership dues
• Manage website and social media outlets for the organization
• Coordinate and scheduled committee meetings
- Membership Coordinator / Conference Planner at Texas Transplantation Society / Every Dot Connects
- Personnel Manager at Wal-Mart
- District Office Assistant at Wal-Mart
- Training / Payroll Coordinator at Wal-Mart
10 years at this Job
- A.A.S - Journalism
- Conference Planner at Flik Hospitality
- Conference Planner at Dolce Hotels & Resorts
- Conference Coordinator at Dolce Hotels and Resorts
- Front Desk Agent at Dolce Hotels and Resorts
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Hotel and Lodging Management
• Produce technical conferences with attendance from 200 to 1500 people globally within budget.
• Issue request for proposals and select sites based on quality, space, dates and rate.
• Conduct site inspections of hotels, convention centers and special event venues.
• Develop and manage production of print and electronic marketing material.
• Oversee registration process pre conference and on site including management of staff.
• Manage and execute all on-site meeting logistics: audio visual, socials events, off-site venues, menus etc.
• Supervise the activities of temporary help in the office and at conferences.
• Build and maintain relationships with association members and industry representatives worldwide.
• Perform post-conference financial reconciliation and program evaluation.
• Executed a virtual conference including securing a new platform.
- Senior Conference Planner at Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers
- Meetings Administrator at
- Administrative Assistant at
- Child Care Counselor at Child Care Resources of Rockland
16 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
• Oversee and facilitate all aspects of meeting planning from site selection, vendor negotiation, event registration, marketing, onsite staffing, catering and post-event reporting
• Work on multiple committee meetings, conferences and logistics for a variety of clients simultaneously
• Work with Committee Chairs on digital management of contracts, speaker bios, session descriptions, handouts, presentations, etc.
• Help In Creating and sending event marketing communications via email, web, print
• Send and track correspondence with speakers and sponsors
• Prepare BEO information with event venues
• Coordinate travel, lodging and expenses for speakers traveling to meetings
• Create and manage budgets of registration, sponsorship income, catering and venue fees
• Work directly with registrants on problems and inquiries
• Develop and maintain solid relationships with members/speakers
• Create/design event materials and signage
• Oversee meeting preparation, supplies ordering and packing/shipping of event materials
• Staff events and manage onsite event registration; includes occasional travel to regional conferences
• Data entry and daily administrative functions
• Create invoices and receipts as requested; track expenses for event budget reconciliation
• Create and analyze online evaluations and prepare post-event reports
- Professional Education Conference Planner at New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Event Administrative Specialist at Bank Street College of Education
- Assistant Project Manager at Metropolis Group Inc
- Shift Supervisor at Bebe Stores Inc
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice