• Prepare all Banquet Event Orders for all events with the client prior to the event; communicate all the appropriate information to the hotel staff for proper execution.
• Assist the sales managers by responding to incoming leads and producing contracts for clients looking for meeting space.
• Work with the operations departments to review event logistics and assist including set-up and breakdown of event space.
• Review all audio/visual requirements, catering aspects, diagrams, and set-up needs for all events with clients.
• Coordinate with the hotel reservations specialist and front desk manager to make sure all group guest rooms are confirmed and agree with client's contract.
• Assist the General Manager and the Director of Sales with monthly forecasting and revenue management for the hotel's banquets, catering, and conference services departments.
- Conference Services Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bedford-Glen Hotel
- Social Events Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bedford-Glen Hotel
- Event Manager at Spectra Venue Management
- Marketing and Promotions Coordinator at University of Massachusetts of Lowell Department of Athletics
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Sports Management and Marketing
Responsible for the management and planning of meetings/conventions and related activities for all group business as developed by the sales manager. Attend Banquet Event Order (BEO) and staff meetings and perform as a team leader for all hotel department staff participating in the event delivery process. Interact with executives and meeting planners. Monitor and control individual client event budgets and details to maximize revenues and minimize expenses while ensuring delivery of a quality product. Detail, up-sell and facilitate the program with the client including; verification and modification of space requirements, audio-visual, function times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc. Arrange shipment of materials and event signage. Review and reconcile final hotel bills. Ensure décor (florals, linens, etc.) meet customers' expectations. Create and distribute group resumes, Banquet Event Orders and room layout diagrams to ensure quality service. Attend and lead pre/post conference meetings. Create, manage and maintain strong working relationships with venue managers and external contractors. Work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure timely deliverance and execution of the event. Possess an educated knowledge of technical production (sound and lighting). Coordinate exhibit management (floor plans, booth selection, and facilitate drayage). Anticipate and handle customer complaints and/or problems to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business. Oversee conference, staging, and technical setup. Oversee event execution (room/conference setup, monitor F&B functions, session rooms, and exhibit hall, from setup to teardown, and evening affairs such as receptions, dinners, and themed events). Establish post-event follow-up.
- Senior Conference Services Manager at InterContinental San Diego
- Conference Services Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa
- Catering Event Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
- Catering Sales Manager at Westin Gaslamp Quarter
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Psychology
• Manage and coordinate the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston's conference space consisting of 20 rooms ranging in size from an auditorium for 410 people, flexible rooms for 30-200 people and conference rooms for 8-30 people, public space, a dining room and reception space for 250 people
• Primary point of contact for all building personnel pertaining to public space in the building
• Identify and implement strategies, innovative solutions for events, conferences and meetings
• Provide guidance on meeting space selection and the coordination of ancillary services including audiovisual and catering
• Develop and strengthen client relationships with Bank Delegates, Building Tenants, and External Organizations utilizing the facility
- Conference Services Manager at Sodexo - Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- Event Manager - Contractor at George P Johnson
- Senior Account Manager at Access TCA
- Event Project Manager, IBM Events at George P Johnson
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
• Monitor event activities to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
• Inspect event facilities to ensure that they exceed guest expectations.
• Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
• Consult with guests to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, conventions and weddings.
• Review event bills for accuracy, and approve payment.
• Conduct post-event evaluations to determine how future events could be improved.
• Plan menus and food utilization based on anticipated number of guests, popularity, and costs.
• Lead other conference service managers.
• Forecast food, beverage and room rental to ensure accuracy with budget planning.
• Manage room blocks for groups of 10 or more guest rooms.
• Collaborated with a team to coordinate presidential and vice presidential visits as well as secret service.
• Upsell food, beverage, audio visual, linens and other event enhancements to exceed goals.
• Complete competitive set analyses to ensure we are competitive in the market.
- Senior Conference Services Manager at SHERATON MADISON HOTEL
- Event Manager at GRAND GENEVA RESORT
- Golf Sales Manager at
8 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Business Management
Work with an average of nearly 200 clients and over $2 million of revenue yearly, including 3 of the top 4 accounts by revenue, with the highest positive customer service feedback rating on five-person Conference Service Manager (CSM) team
• Negotiate pricing and produce contracts on lodging, food and beverage, and function space for repeat customers
• Upsell existing clients a yearly average of $175,000 of revenue on additional programs and products that add value to their events
• Coordinate all customer needs and logistics with client, and effectively communicate those needs to relevant departments throughout the Conference Center to ensure optimal customer service
• Develop reports to track additional revenue brought in by the CSM team after initial contracting
• Participate on multiple cross-functional teams focusing on organization-wide strategic planning and positive work culture implementation
- Conference Services Manager at National 4-H Council
- Coordinator at Youth Opportunities Department
- Associate Director at Programs & Education, Envision-EMI, Inc
- Faculty Advisor & Operations Team Member, Jr at National Young Leaders Conference
8 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology
Sedona Arizona L'Auberge de Sedona, Sedona, AZ 2017 - 2018
Event Service and Conference Manager
• 88 Rooms with 5500 square feet of event space
• Average 204K per quarter in F & B
• Exceeded rebooking goals of 49% for future business
• Average up-sale of 45% above and beyond the contracted F & B minimum
• Handled high profile event including Google, Porsche, Mercedes Benz, Beach Front Properties and Hollywood Celebrities.
• Detailed and serviced Weddings, Social Events, Corporate, Government, SMERF and Regional Associations
• Assisted in a million-dollar property wide buy out
• Interim Sales Manager for two months, Corporate, SMERF 70K in Sales
• Task force Event and Conference Service Manager for 3 Weeks at Hotel Talisa in Vail, Co; 285 rooms 40,000 square feet of event space
- Conference Services Manager at Mondrian Hotel in South Beach Miami
- Owner, Operator at Northern Arizona Weddings & Events
- Sales Manager /Part-time at Flagstaff Nordic Center
- Conference Meeting Planner at High Country Conference Center
1 year at this Job
Planning and executing events for Executive Education and external clients, catering, AV/IT knowledge, client inquiries and concerns, accounting, networking, marketing
- Conference Services Manager at Sodexo at Arizona Christian University Hotel and Conference Center
- Conference Service Manager/Diversity Lead at Thunderbird Executive Inn & Conference Center
- Administrative Assistant at Just Speed Motorwerks
- Lead front Desk Agent at The Royal Palms Resort and Spa
3 months at this Job
- Master's Degree - Small Business Entrepreneurship
- - Hotel and Restaurant Management
Managed the Conference Center consisting of 40000 square of meeting space
with 180 meeting rooms
● Negotiated contracts with conference site providers
● Oversaw AV Techs and arranged audio visual equipment
● Performed post conference evaluation
● Hired and trained support staff
- Conference Services Manager at Blue Cross Blue Shields(Flik Hospitality)
- Research Administrator at Courtroom Sciences
- Events and Travel Planner at Worldventures/Rovia
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- BA - Hospitality Management
• Coordinate all logistics of large group meetings, conferences, and activities with accuracy and detailed hotel communications both for the client and the hotel departments
• Act as a liaison between the Sales Office, Reservations, Front Office, Banquet and Food & Beverage Department for all Group Bookings
• Meet and speak with clients to work out the details of their functions
• Ensure that all contracted groups are meeting and exceeding both room and food and beverage revenues; monitoring for potential attrition and up-selling food and beverage
• Maintain accurate and current room blocks in the group function log
• Obtain rooming lists in accordance with sales contracts, monitors cut-off dates
• Create and finalize all group catering needs including diagrams, banquet event orders, meeting set-ups, special food requests and banquet checks for all events within an assigned group
• Escort clients through the property and highlight features of facility as well as available services
• Meet & greet clients on event dates and supervise as needed
• Conduct several daily check-ins with in house groups to address any issues
• Work with DOSM, F&B Director and Banquet Manager to establish policy standards, procedures, operational guidelines & service manual
• Conduct pre-convention meetings, when needed, to ensure a smooth hand-off of all the information to the respective departments.
• Complete all post event reports
• Support the DOSM by assisting with marketing items, both online and in print
- Conference Services Manager at The Lodge of Four Seasons
- Guest Services Representative at The Lodge of Four Seasons
- Group Education Coordinator & Instructor at Walt Disney World
- Child Care Provider/Nanny at Self-Employed
3 months at this Job
- B.S. - Zoology
Conference planning, execution, and complete service of clients needs. Also billing and collection of all purchase orders.
- Conference Services Manager at Vacation Myrtle Beach
10 years, 11 months at this Job
- Associate - Business