Overlook daily operation of banquet events and set ups. Hire and develop banquet staff. Schedule banquet staff and maintain banquet relations. Maintain a labor budget for banquet staff with the General Manager and Regional Operation Manager. Order banquet necessities. Makes outreaches to companies for potential business. Serve as the representative for the Chelsea Comfort Inn and Village Conference Center for the Chelsea Chamber of Commerce. Be the main point of contact for the guest during events and handle all guest needs. Order supply’s based on demand of business. Create budgets to maximize profits, and focus on main upgrades. Meet with guest about potential events and set up contracts, banquet event orders.
- Conference Services Manager at Chelsea Comfort Inn and Village Conference Center
- Food and Beverage Supervisor at Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
- Banquet Manager at Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
- Receptionist at Leading Edge Tax Service
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Associates - Business Administration
- Associates - Hotel/Restaurant Management
- Associate - Liberal Arts
Dual property manager for both Wynn Las Vegas and Encore, managing corporate, association, and incentive groups of 150 rooms on peak and above. The resort features two luxury hotel towers with a total of 4,750 spacious hotel rooms, suites and villas, and approximately 290,000 square feet of meeting and convention space. -Coordinate all aspects of upcoming and current conference and group events after the contracting process. -Directly oversee group housing including block management. -Act as liaison between meeting planner and all relevant departments within the resort operation. Relevant departments include, but are not limited to, Meeting Concierge, Catering Services, Entertainment Production Services, Banquet Set Up/Services, Bell Services, Business Services, Front Desk, In Room Dining, Housekeeping, Pool Operations, Restaurant Events / Operations, Spa/Salon, Box Office, Transportation, and Nightclub Operations. -Handle all group details related to pre-planning, servicing on-site, and post-planning billing and any related follow-up. -Initiate and maintain correspondence with the client to fully detail each event and communicate to the operation for execution via means of Delphi & MEO’s (Meeting Event Orders), Group Resumes, and internal meetings. Ensured all billing details are secured. -Conduct pre-convention meetings to ensure smooth operation of all program details. -Conduct and participate in pre-planning client site visits. -Manage the responsibilities of the Convention Services Coordinators.
- Conference Services Manager at Wynn Las Vegas
- Logistics Manager at National Conflict Resolution Center
- Community Engagement Director at Pride Canterbury
- Speakers Liaison at National Student Pride
4 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Comparative Politics
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology and French
• Oversee and manage space reservations, setup logistics, food and beverage, audio visual and virtual services for over 100 rooms including the auditorium, conference centers, executive conference rooms, floor level conference rooms, and training academy rooms
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to client as it relates to the event specifications to obtain meeting details in order to create banquet event order and act as onsite contact
• Design room layout and responsible for timely distribution of banquet event orders
• Serve as liaison to the catering manager to ensure client's food and beverage orders are accurate and delivered on time
• Lead cross-functional teams through daily staff meetings for all upcoming events and assure all audio visual related events adhere to appropriate production and disseminate guidance to audio visual team
• Oversee multiple meetings simultaneously and at different planning stages
• Ensure application received from external federal entities and nonprofit groups requesting to use space follow procedures within Government policies
• Conduct pre and post meetings with client
• Maintain strong client relations and ensure meeting specifications were communicated, executed and exceeded client's expectations by sending a survey after each completed event
• Identify operation challenges and opportunities related to events and develop seamless solutions
• Conduct interviews with the General Manager and train new employees to enhance support capabilities
• Serve as liaison to facilities for any special requests in regards to room temperature, janitorial service, security, parking, and weekend services
• Generate invoices for specific events and follow up with client to make sure payment is received
• Manage scheduling laundry service for linen, furniture inventory and surplus in meeting spaces
- Senior Conference Services Manager at Sodexo at United States Patent & Trademark Office
- Private Dining & Catering Sales Manager at Michel Richard Citronelle & The Latham Hotel
- Catering Sales Manager at Catering by Uptown
- Real Estate Agent at Amerivest Realty
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Marketing
100,000 Square Feet of indoor and outdoor combined function space.
Position: Senior Catering and Conference Services Manager:
➢ Coordinate and execute all aspects of large conferences up to 1,300 guests to include: Food and Beverage program coordination, guest room coordination and VIP services.
➢ Maximize potential event revenues through solicitation and responding to identified new leads and their needs. (Social Events, Corporate Meetings, Family Reunions)
➢ Identify opportunities to increase revenue, utilizing up-selling techniques.
➢ Manage relationships with internal and external customers.
➢ Conduct daily Banquet Event Order meetings and weekly Group Rooms meetings.
➢ Conduct Pre-Convention Meetings.
➢ Partner with Sales team on site inspections.
➢ Assist Director in management of Catering Department and additional miscellaneous tasks assigned.
➢ Assist in department menu planning and annual budgeting process.
- Senior Catering and Conference Services Manager at 776 Guest Rooms and Suites
- Senior Catering and Conference Services Manager at FAIRMONT KEA LANI - WAILEA
- Event Manager at MC&A, Inc
- Director, Account Management at TEAM Unlimited, Inc
13 years at this Job
• Responsible for all pre planning and successful execution of group business with 10 guestrooms or more
• Skilled in utilizing both Opera reservations system and Delphi sales and catering software
• Coordinates clear, concise and timely communication with all hotel departments, including finely tuned and detailed banquet event orders, conference resumes and other internal documents
• Knowledge of space feasibility; maximizing space usage, avoiding unnecessary resets, considering "flow" and logistics of the conference program.
• Meticulous review and cognizance of rooming list requirements, cut-off dates, additional guest room availability, arrival and departure patterns and special arrangements as a result thereof.
• Knowledge of menu planning, and the ability to "guide" a planner towards meals most conducive to the size of their group and the space allotted.
• Responsible for weekly and monthly sales productivity and pace reports for corporate office in addition to advanced understanding of budgeting and forecasting
• Recipient of the Event Services Professional Association (ESPA) Outstanding Service Award
- Conference Services Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore Airport
- Seasonal Operations and Events, Customer Service, Retail Merchandising at Dunedin Blue Jays
- On-Site Ambassador Manager at Sentry Event Services, Inc. at Tampa Convention Center
- Event Guest Relations, Platinum Services at Amalie Arena
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management - Hospitality Management
- Associates in Arts
*Task force to train employees on CI/TY *Detail all Sales Group turnover *Meet with Clients to customize menus and gather details *Handle all billing for groups with catering within 48 hours of departure *Send welcome emails to all arriving groups *Respond in a timely manner to all guest communications *Prepare resumes for groups ten days prior to group arrival and review all details in weekly Staff Meeting. *Adhere to the Catering and Conference Services Department’s standard operating procedures. *Ensure all site inspections and client visits to the hotel are successful by planning carefully and communicating accurate details in advance to all departments. *Ensure all current and future client accounts are serviced in accordance with hotel standards. *Communicate with banquet managers for all related functions including all client requests. *Ensure banquet event orders are accurate and provide all relevant information to departments concerned 15 days prior to event start time. *Participate in all regular and operational meetings as required. *Coordinate all aspects of conferences to include but not limited to; food and beverage requirements, timing of events, audio-visual requirements, special attention to guests, room type allocation, rooming list, amenities, function room set up, group transportation, etc.
- Conference Services Manager at Autograph Collection
- Convention Services Manager at Sheraton Properties
- Convention Services Manager at Hyatt
- Guest Service Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Career Diploma - ABC Certified Wedding Planner
- BA - Hospitality Business
• Planned and managed three healthcare conferences per year.
• Selected, negotiated and managed contracts with hotels, local vendors, and golf courses.
• Coordinated conference services; accommodations, transportation, facilities, catering, signage, displays, audio visual, room sets, printed materials and attendee activities.
• Organized registration of 150-200 participants per event and provided top rate customer service.
• Worked closely with hotel staff to coordinate and execute details such as room sets and social functions.
- Conference Services Manager at Lincoln Healthcare Events
- Attendee Services Manager at Radius Events, LLC
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- BA - Business
Oversee meetings, exhibits, conferences, and other special events, which included establishing clear communication outlines for the client and hotel departments, and submitting appropriate memos banquet event orders, group profiles, and other communications as needed. Partner with the group coordinator in getting the conference rooming lists and tracking cut-off dates. Examine all client invoices before mailing to clients to ensure accuracy of all services and goods rendered by the hotel. Organize interdepartmental meetings for the operational aspects in managing conference requirements, which include pre-planning meetings or pre-conference meetings for operational departments. Selected Highlights: ✓ Evaluated room rental, electrical, telephone, storage, services, and other fees based on sales contract and hotel policies to develop and implement innovative solutions to maximize hotel revenue ✓ Reviewed vacant room space and accommodated pop up room bookings, which brought forth additional group revenue
- Conference Services Manager at Northwood Hospitality
- Assistant Front Office Manager - Mason & Rook Hotel at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
- Rooms Controller | Manager on Duty-Front Office Supervisor at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
- Front Office Supervisor | Manager on Duty at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications - Public Relations
-Consult with clients that have contracted room blocks and meeting space in order to determine the objectives and requirements of the event.
-Conduct site visits to organize, plan, and format the scope of events.
-Coordinate services for events, such as accommodations, transportation, catering, dietary restrictions, signage, meeting room setup, special needs, audio/visual, and security.
-Procure vendors, e.g. florists, rentals, photographers, etc. according to customer requirements.
-Generate BEOs and resumes for client approval, as well as in-house distribution.
-Monitor event activities to ensure compliance, guest satisfaction, and resolution of any problems that may arise.
-Review event billing for accuracy and ensure full payment.
-Maintain records of event details, including financial.
-Perform post-cons to evaluate event success and determine how future events could be improved.
• IMF Annual Meetings 2017
• Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America 1st Annual Women's Leadership Conference 2017
• Père Noël Suite 2018
- Conference Services Manager at Sofitel
- Catering Sales Manager at W. Millar & Co
- Special Events Manager at Daily Grill
- Food Services Manager at Forest Laboratories
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- BA - Hospitality Management
• Worked with Hotel Director of Sales to give site tours to prospective Conference, Wedding and Special Events clients.
• Acting on site Wedding Planner for all Weddings requiring assistance for pre-planning and day of services.
• Trained new East Oceanfront Restaurant Dining staff on policies & procedures of on-site Catering.
• Oversaw a staff pool of 30 Restaurant Staff members and two full time Catering Captains.
• Developed a new Seasonal Catering Menu to offer clients during the holiday season to increase revenue.
• Scheduled Restaurant & Catering staff on a weekly basis.
• Utilized Visual One Agilysys Software (PMS) to create BEO's for all Resort Events.
• Responsible for all post event billing through InfoGenesis POS System.
• Filled in as acting Restaurant Manager as needed.
- Catering & Conference Services Manager at Blockade Runner Beach Resort
- Director of Catering at Aramark
- Director of Special Events at Aramark
- Assistant Catering Director at Aramark
6 months at this Job
- B.A. - Foodservice Management