18+ years in quality field College certificate in Lean Manufacturing
CMM Caylpso Certified Microsoft Office Proficient
Mechanical & Electrical Inspector
CMM Programmer ZYGO & Dye Penetrant
All manual Inspection Tools
10 / 2015 to Present Configuration Management Specialist
KBRwyle CAS Group - Huntsville, AL
• Provide support to government customers for complex missile defense system programs (Patriot) working weapon system manufacturing with respect to Production and Configuration Management. Audit/verify technical drawing and requirements compliance with government and industry standards, and program requirements through the conduct of technical and configuration audits and reviews.
• Performing PCA, FCA. Involvement in SRR, PDR, CDR's, and Technical Reviews
• Using Mears to review of Specification Change Notices (SCNs), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Requests for Variances (Deviations/Waivers), Technical Notices (TNs), and Value Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) for adequacy of detail and completeness.
• Using Database like EDIS, MEARS, ICAAP, AKO, AMDAN and PDM to fully review government contracts
- Configuration Management Specialist at ZYGO
- Quality Manager / CMM Programmer at Chiptec INC
- Quality Team Leader at Magna Cosma International
- SR Quality Tech at Yulista Aviation
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- Certificate of Completion
• Orchestrate and provide in-person and Skype training sessions to all CI Owners and CMDB Users
• Make recommendations and implement changes to the overall Configuration Management process, along with improvements to the Configuration Management application within ServiceNow
• Utilize ServiceNow’s reporting module and query builder to provide very detailed CMDB reports and metrics for high-visibility audits and internal propagation
• Create documentation and knowledge articles to assist all users in utilizing the CMDB
• Continuously engage other teams and build rapport to ensure CMDB buy-in
- Configuration Management Specialist at KPMG
- BMC Monitoring Lead (Remote) at IBM
- BMC Monitoring Lead (Remote) at CDI Corporation
- Application Support Engineer at Maryville Technologies
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Technical Management
Configuration / Data Management: Go-to technical resource in the tools and processes used by CMADs. Update procedures; generate customized forms, reports, and artifacts. Investigate issues; retrieve data, and BUILD/AUDIT/REBUILD software baselines. Assist Quality department and multiple cross-functional product groups with proper urgency and minimal supervision. Database Responsibilities: Maintain Legacy database(s), adhering to SCM best practices and procedures for controlling source code, producing software development builds, and preserving software baseline configurations. Archive of physical and electronic evidence outputs/artifacts. Document Control/Media Release: Author, edit and archive required artifacts, forms, docs and Media per RTCA DO-178B FAA requirements and ITAR regulations. Team with Engineering, Quality and Design Groups for the AeroPDM RELEASE of support and CERT. documents.
- Software Configuration Management Specialist at ICM, DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS
- Software Configuration Management /Technical Associate II at HONEYWELL, INTERNATIONAL
- Assist Quality at Integrated Avionics Computers
12 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Social Behavioral Sciences
• Managing the Configuration and Change activities for the PEO C4I Undersea Communications & Integration Program Office (PMW 770)
• Assisting with the identification and management of configuration hardware and software items
- Configuration Management Specialist at CSA Guidance Consulting
- Southwest Regional Talent Acquisition Analyst at CSA Guidance Consulting
- Acquisition/Program Management Analyst at CSA Guidance Consulting
- Casualty Claims Specialist II at Mercury Insurance Group
1 month at this Job
- BA - Social Science
• Draft and promote the Center's Configuration Management Plan
• Build Configuration Management tools and establish Best Practices
• Write the Change Control Board Charter and establish policies and practices
• Generate Configuration Baseline Report for all CIs.
• Build and Configure Development, Integration, and pre-production infrastructures and establish testing and promotion policies and processes.
• Automate Security patching and reporting tools.
- Configuration Management Specialist at Quadrant Inc
- Configuration Management tools and Best Practices - Chef at Lynda.com
- Configuration Manager/Release Manager at US Dept. of Veterans Affairs
- Infrastructure Engineer at Price Waterhouse
6 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Public History
Supported the ROC Configuration Management section, maintained databases; tracked Tri- Agency projects and provided updates to Agency Points of Contact and Project Team Leads;
provided updated Requirements documents for review and approval; and represented the CM
Section at NEXRAD project meetings.
• Tracked Tri-Agency projects using CM tools such as Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Configuration Change Requests (CCRs) through ROC CM processes
• Used advanced word processing techniques to produce documents originating from a centralized requirements database in Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS). I exported Interface Control Documents (ICDs) from the DOORS database into MS Word; then converted these Word files into pdf files using Adobe software. These exported documents are provided to ROC Engineers for database update redlines; these documents are also posted to the Web page and are permanent records in AGILE
• Provided document change proposals in the DOORS system using the Change Proposal System
• Used advanced MS Word processing skills to produce System Test Documents from DOORs for use by the ROC Test Team
• Used the AGILE Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool to process and distribute Software Configuration Change Requests (SW CCRs) for WSR-88D, Wind Profiler (WP), Supplemental Product Generator (SPG) systems according to tri-agency (National Weather Service (NWS), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Air Force Weather Agency (AFWA)) guidelines; recorded the CCRs in the CM Access database used for production of Technical Review Committee (TRC) and Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings; updated Agile and Access databases with comments received from reviewers
• Created SW CCRs when multiple computer program configuration items (CPCIs) were involved, if not provided by engineering team
• Facilitated the CCR process by addressing appropriate parties (Project Team Leads or Engineers), with any problems or issues that arise as projects advance through the CM process
• Generated Issues in RAZOR database for the purpose of checking out/in software code changes for build releases then closed them once software was deployed
• Worked in MS ACCESS databases to process ROC Software and Hardware CCRs and Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs)
• Produced and distributed TRC and CCB meeting agendas and minutes for WSR-88D, WP, and SPG systems. Updated CM databases to reflect decisions made during these meetings (CCR/ECP approvals, creation of new ECPs; removal of ECPs from the Active Projects List, etc.).
• Used MS Word and MS ACCESS to create SVDs (Software Version Descriptions) reports; these reports provide permanent records of SW Build release contents
• Created System (SYS) CCRs in Agile to vault wind farm notifications; consolidated notification emails and Radar Operations Center (ROC) engineering analysis reports and attached them to SYS CCR; these CCRs are attached to an annual Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) in the Agile repository
• Provided information needed to populate Time Management System (TMS) with ECP and project team members; notified team members of their ECP assignments; requested new project numbers from the FAA liaison
• Participated in ECP project team meetings to provide guidance regarding the project in the CM process
• Created and distributed Document Change Records (DCRs), the Agile vehicle used for review and approval of revisions to baseline requirements documents (System Specifications (SS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs), SVDs, etc.)
• Posted Adaptable Parameter CDs returned from field sites following each software release into CM Access database
• Responsible for the deployment of the process. Evaluated performance metrics against the defined critical success factors and instituted actions to correct shortcomings or further streamline the process as necessary
• Responsible for the execution of the process controls, ensuring that staff comply with process and data standards
• Interfaced with other processes and/or business functions to ensure they were able to leverage the benefits provided by the Configuration Management process
• Directed, prioritized and scheduled audits; ensured that any corrective action identified in Process and/or Database audits was carried out
• Ensured regular housekeeping of the Configuration Management System data
• Planned and managed population of the Configuration Management System, including discovery and other data import methods
• Produced reports and Management information, including impact analysis reports and Configuration status reports
• Identified opportunities and submitted proposals for improvement with respect to tools, staff, training, process, procedures and work instructions Responsibilities:
• Ensured that the Configuration Management Process was used correctly within the department
• Be informed of the objectives and activities of the various support groups
• Coordinate initial identification of CIs within the sections of the department
• Ensured the Process, procedures, work instructions and tools are optimal from a departmental/section point of view
• Propagated the correct use of Configuration Management process
• Used or provided the CMS data to facilitate Impact Assessment for RFCs and to ensure that implemented Changes are authorized
• Ensured regular housekeeping of the CMS databases
• Engaged with other departments to keep an up-to-date view on their objectives and activities
• Coordinated Configuration Management issues with other departments when needed
• Identified improvement opportunities within the department
• Assisted the Configuration Manager when proposing enhancements
• Identified specific training needs within the department, and signaled these needs to the Configuration Management Process Manager
• Communicated changes to the Process within the department and promoted use of the changed process
• Established and maintained configuration and data management policies and procedures to be utilized by department personnel and other participating functions to ensure a standard and cost effective approach to the application of configuration and data management requirements.
• Analyzed changes to product specifications to determine the effect on the end product and determined and prepared documentation necessary for change control.
• Designed and established configuration management documentation.
• Authorized the release of drawings, schedules and system configuration changes specified by management and other functional groups through the Request For Change process.
• Operated configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and auditing.
• Performed configuration management and released engineering tasks to ensure new configuration management baseline operating parameters were documented, complied with standard configurations, and were logistically sustainable.
• Prepared Agendas for Program Branch monthly Technical Review Committee meetings, produced the minutes, and distributed to Agency Points of Contact for review and approval
- Configuration Management Specialist at ASRC Federal Systems Solutions
- Technical Writer at Saxon Blvd
- Administrative Assistant at National Weather Service
- at OSU
4 years, 4 months at this Job
DOI): Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
• Coordinate with BIA IT management staff on task quality management process steps (Investment Review, Architecture Review, & Operations Review) and associated process of official change & configuration management using ITIL foundations.
• Process software configuration requests, and produce process flow change reporting requests
• Process and approve all software installation requests and manage software licensing, warranties and support contracts for all 12 regions within the BIA.
• Maintain awareness of the configuration oversight process currently in production within IA-IT, including exactly what products are under configuration management control.
• Apply process instructions efforts associated with, knowledge articles, training materials, management reports, and Web pages as necessary to coordinate quality reviews associated with systems modifications in the IA IT quality life cycle flow, and assist in assuring the status of all activity is properly communicated.
• Insure consistent application of the principles of configuration management in conjunction with the management's communication and training methods.
• Create training material including videos using Adobe Captivate
• Create procedural guides for Change Request types, CAB processes and Cireson Asset Management.
• Produce work products for configuration and change management including the Change Requests in Workflow Management Tools, Release Management, and Version control of all software used and approved for BIA, BIE, and asset management relating to the above.
• Follow standards and templates according to contract requirements for production and task reporting.
• Work well with customer management often leading them through the process of change and configuration management assessments and approvals (or denials when appropriate)
• Work well with development and operations IT staff and encourage application of the current policies and procedures, demonstrating examples of good performance when necessary.
- Senior Configuration Management Specialist at Cherokee Nation Technologies
- Adjunct Online Faculty at New Mexico State University
- Adjunct Online Faculty at University of Phoenix
- Adjunct Online Faculty at University of Phoenix
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Masters of Arts - Education
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Management Information Systems
Provide configuration control of all related documentation in FD (Fires Division) configuration management system (CMS) Update all system/software documentation to reflect implemented changes and ensure all revised software/documentation are logged/stored in government configuration management database CM support for operational software, support software, utilities, data, documentation, and computer resources for all PPSS/PDSS systems listed in PWS Log, track, and review all software change requests whether Specification Change Notice (SCN), Software Problem Report (SPR), Notice of Revision (NOR), and/or Software Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) into government configuration management database Perform periodic inventory of all items under File Management Repository (FMT) control – classified and unclassified Assist with destruction of approved inventory items – classified and unclassified Confirm terminated employees do not have any FMT items
- Configuration Management Specialist at Secret Security Clearance
- Senior Technician at
- Configuration Management Specialist at Secret Security Clearance
- Tax Preparer at Jackson Hewitt Tax Service
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Information Systems
- Associate of Applied Science - Computer Information Systems
·Support Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) NETOPS Team. ·Provide technical guidance concerning the business implications of the application of various systems. ·Support in planning, documenting, implementing, executing, and monitoring configuration management processes and procedures for Configuration Identification, Configuration Status Accounting, Configuration Verification and Auditing, and Configuration Change Control. ·Provide support in gathering functional, technical, and interface requirements and ensure all requirement changes are included in final design documentation. ·Provide support in developing, implementing and administering Configuration Management Plans (CMP), a significant component of the requirements gathering and development processes. ·Support maintaining overall configuration control of the project and its deliverable, work products, and configuration items. ·Develop, maintain and employ appropriate Configuration Management (CM) applications and tools to manage the system change control process, properly identify all requirements, track all changes to the requirements and provide system test status reports for the program. ·Coordinate Configuration Management (CM) inputs with IPTs, to explain any deviations from expectations, regarding capabilities delivered. ·Update CM databases and generate management reports and CCWG metrics. ·Support creation and maintenance of program CM plans, CM board charters and procedures. ·Support CM plan and CM board implementation actions and reporting requirements. ·Provide support in maintaining control and visibility of customer functional and technical requirements for the program. ·Support program information system program reviews, system design reviews, system audits and system tests, etc.
- Configuration Management Specialist at GDIT / CSRA
- Configuration Management Specialist, Lead at Imagine One Technology, LTD
- Configuration Management Analyst III at CACI Inc, Federal
- Configuration Management Analyst at Hewlett-Packard
2 months at this Job
Summary: Provide exceptional Physical Configuration Audit (PCA) support to United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) System Configuration and Delivery Automation Division's (SCDAD) Continuous Integration Configuration Management (CICM) program. CICM is comprised of industry standard open source products that facilitate robust automation of every aspect of system build and deployment. Primary responsibilities include validation of consistencies in system documentation, hardware, software and custom code used to create the baseline of all the NextGen Automated Information Systems (AISs) based on USPTO OCIO's Enterprise Configuration Management policies and guidelines.
• Provide an independent review of documentation, hardware and software of a system for the purpose of assessing compliance with established performance requirements and production baselines
• Create and maintain software, hardware and documentation configuration baselines for custom software build, COTS and GOTS systems in SCDAD's records database
• Ensure baselines are complete, correct and consistent in relation to the CM policy
• Compare the current build records to the build records from the last release to identify changed Configuration Item (CI) components
• Evaluate the version description document against the build records for completeness and consistency
• Overall adequacy of the organization's CM plans, processes and compliance to documented CM artifacts
• Ensure system configuration items and service assets are identified and documented in the prescribed CI registry
• Identify, address and remediate various PCA findings with the Build Managers and Technical Leads
• Lead process improvement initiative resulting in shortened audit timelines of audit candidates and improve quality by standardizing operations, instituting automation and training project on CM audit processes
• Train and mentor CM and development team on CM Audit Tools, processes and procedures
• Communicate PCA findings and ways to remediate them with the proper evidence in a clear and concise manner
• Support CM team to help maintain existing project related documentation, guides and best practices
- Sr. Configuration Management Specialist at Steel Thread Software Inc
- Configuration Manager at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Sr. Consultant at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Business Systems Analyst at Cognizant Technology Solutions
1 year, 9 months at this Job