• Job Contracts, Lien waivers, COI,
• Sub Contractor invoices, change orders, Lien releases.
• Process certified payroll and AIA billing.
• Process ap invoices with job costing and prep for process of payment .
• Keep Meeting Minutes on weekly meetings.
• File pre-lien notices, process AR and AP lien releases.
• Responsible for following up with the Owners on past due billings, processing owner delinquent billings for mechanic’s liens.
• Assist project manager in paper work for foreman, superintendents.
• Send Safety Meeting sheets for foremen and collect on a weekly basis.
- Construction Accountant at Confidential
- Controller at Bilmar Contracting
- Controller at GKG Builders, Inc
- Bookkeeper at Albino Construction
2 years, 8 months at this Job
I was hired on as a Construction Accountant for a single show at CBS Radford. Over the last few years I was able to join multiple shows at 2 locations (CBS & Universal). I am responsible for updating our daily Construction budget, prepare and issue crew job offers (using EP-Smart Start), employment verification per California guidelines, collection of vendor invoices and assigning purchase orders, placing orders for materials, processing timecards for payroll and parking passes. I work closely with multiple Departments on both Studio locations and multiple outside vendors to ensure the ease of our Crews success.
- Construction Accountant at NBC-Universal
- Rental Manager at Hamer Toyota
- BDC Supervisor at Hamer Toyota
- Customer Service Representative at Pride Auto Body
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- license - California Real Estate
CT West is a leading design/build construction company focused on the Los Angeles area commercial
and residential markets. Responsible for the accounting operations of the company including:
• Project Accounting: Track all material, subcontractor, permit, reimbursable and labor expenses. Prepare necessary lien waivers, SOV, required certificates of insurance. Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional service-related to billing. Follow-up with PM to ensure project information is processed in a timely manner. Subcontract administration, subcontractor contract/ change order processing. Manage subcontractor compliance relative to payment requisitions and lien releases, insurance tracking. Work with Project Manager to upload the budget, complete with billing items at the beginning of the project to allow for an efficient billing process. Caruso; Palisades Village, Palisades, CA: 2 Mil. Runyon Group LLC: Platform, Culver City, CA 7Mil First Spoonful, Santa Monica, CA: 500K Stanley Residence, Beverly Hills, CA: 600K
• Staff Accounting: Bank statement reconciliation, multi-state payroll, tax preparation, 1099 preparation and filing, service invoice billing, A/R, A/P, manage employee credit cards, workman's comp and liability end of year audits, continuously evaluate payables cycle in an effort to generate alternatives to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of payables cycle. Jan 2019 5437 West 122nd Street Hawthorne, CA 90250 [email protected]
• (310) 283-0785
- Construction Accountant at CT West Construction
- Bid and proposal/Inside Sales/Billing at Walters Wholesale Electric
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Accounting
A multi-million-dollar construction/builder company specializing in medical and dental construction
• Obtain detailed contractor and subcontractor bids, analyze and compare costs, prepare cost and budget reports to ensure better management of the projects
• Coordinate subcontractor/vendor requisitions and disbursements. Create purchase orders, match, code, reconcile and process A/P for 20+ projects, research and update insurance certificate for all subcontractors
• Prepare multiple AIA bank draws, generate project in progress billings, reconcile monthly bank statements with general ledger accounts. Record and depreciate vehicles and equipment. Process annual 1099's
• Reconcile job cost detail to the general ledger, close out old jobs, set up new jobs with the predevelopment cost.
• Assist owner in preparing monthly financial statements and P&L, review jobs in process, and update progress reports and any variance to owner
- Construction Accountant at VM Construction Specialties, Inc
- General Accountant at Cherry Aerospace, a Berkshire Hathaway company
- Accounts Specialist at AutoProcessor DTR Software, Inc
- Accounting/Assistant to Lab Manager at NPA Laboratories
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting & Finance
Performed construction accounting duties including A/R, A/P, G/L entries, reconciliations, owner billings/pay applications, bank requisition forms, processed and updated budgets for owner change orders, internal budget transfers and subcontractor change orders. Completed AIA billings, lender requested pay applications, tracked construction draws, executed lien waivers, and other construction documentation as requested. Additionally, logged new contracts into Yardi and ensured that all contracts and change orders were executed, sent and filed.
- Construction Accountant at Lauth Construction, LLC
- Staff Accountant at ERMCO, Inc
- Controller/Office Manager at Quest Information Systems, Inc
- Controller at Evens Time, Inc
9 months at this Job
- BS in Accounting - Accounting
AIA billings, progress billing completion schedules, Textura (construction invoicing and payment) software, lien waivers, lien release, schedule of values, construction billing, file preliminary notice, review & execute contracts, set up contract files, provide releases, deposit checks, post customer payments, collections, maintain licenses, reconcile bank and credit card statements, working closely with the owner and Project managers, report certified payroll
- Construction Accountant at TRE Elevator Corp
- Bookkeeper & construction Coordinator at United construction & Landscape Inc
- Cashier at Illy Coffee Company
- Desk Operator at Alpha Tours & Travel
1 year, 3 months at this Job
• Evaluate expenses of advanced stage projects and capitalizing costs when necessary
• Responsible for monthly capital development re-classes to CWIP and re-classing all costs to site level for the team.
• Administrator for Blackline reconciliation software as well as preparing and reviewing quarterly reconciliations
• Provide Balance sheet analysis month to month, month versus forecasted and variance from prior year
• Managed and controlled project structures for Early Stage, Advanced stage, and under Construction projects
• Responsible for quarterly PO commitments report for Construction Accounting
- Construction Accountant at Nextera Energy
- Senior Accounting Technician (International) at Nextera Energy
- Accounting Assistant at Levi Strauss &Co
- Accounting Technician (international) at Nextera Energy
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Commerce
Los Angeles, CA 4/2018-9/2018 Property Management Company as well as a Commercial Real Estate Investment firm specializing in the rehabilitation of Commercial Office Buildings. Sr. Construction Accountant (Consultant) Responsible for all accounting activity as well as managing construction timelines and budgets for the firm's investment portfolio.
• Approve all construction invoices from vendors for each property and review coding, purchase orders and sign off on the release of payments.
• Review and Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements, job cost reports, and cash flow reports and met with the site construction personnel and property managers to discuss operating results.
• Tracked the progress of construction on each investment by generating timeline and budget spreadsheets for each property manager to update weekly so that all budgets and construction timelines stayed within budget and on schedule.
• Prepare and enter journal entries - standard, recurring, reversing, adjusting, reclassing, prepaid rent, accruals, as well as reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly.
Los Angeles, CA 4/2018-9/2018
Property Management Company as well as a Commercial Real Estate Investment firm specializing in the rehabilitation of Commercial Office Buildings.
Sr. Construction Accountant (Consultant)
Responsible for all accounting activity as well as managing construction timelines and budgets for the firm's investment portfolio.
- Sr. Construction Accountant (Consultant) at Hayman Properties, LLC
- Commercial Construction Company and Concrete Contractor at Morley Builders, Inc
- Sr. Project Accountant (Consultant) at Gensler Architects
- Sr. Accountant at The Resmark Companies/Resmark Capital Partners
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - Business Administration
Work closely with Construction, Asset Management and Property Management to set up and/or close out projects. Manage capital tracker log. Account for all capital projects, construction management, design and other job related costs. Reconcile entire portfolio projects to ensure accurate billing and forecasting of future commitments. Establish guidelines to streamline processes that will work with all parties. Daily use of Excel, pdf documents and reading of expenditure forms and management agreements. Work closely with Accounting Manager to resolve any cash issues pertaining to capital items. Release/send payments to vendors upon funds being approved and released. Add/Update users in Yardi system. Train onboarding associates on software and procedures.
Work closely with Construction, Asset Management and Property Management to set up and/or close out projects. Manage capital tracker log. Account for all capital projects, construction management, design and other job related costs. Reconcile entire portfolio projects to ensure accurate billing and forecasting of future commitments. Establish guidelines to streamline processes that will work with all parties. Daily use of Excel, pdf documents and reading of expenditure forms and management agreements. Work closely with Accounting Manager to resolve any cash issues pertaining to capital items. Release/send payments to vendors upon funds being approved and released.
Add/Update users in Yardi system. Train onboarding associates on software and procedures.
- Construction Accountant at Bridge Commercial Real Estate
- COMMUNITY MANAGER at MORGUARD
- LEASING CONSULTANT at SPM MANAGEMENT
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Business Administration
• Responsible for all accounting functions for a rapidly growing real estate investment and development firm, including monthly and quarterly close
• Produce Excel reports tracking performance of completed and in-progress projects, with emphasis on budget-to-actual variance
• Provide ad hoc financial information for inclusion in pro forma consolidated financial statements
• Issued all Contingent and Non-Contingent Waiver and Release of Lien forms
• Knowledge of construction-based software
• Did everything necessary to facilitate the efficient operation of the branch office because I am the ultimate team player
- Construction Accountant/Office Manager at Nelson Partners Construction
- Real Estate agent, Equity Real Estate at Premier Elite
- Senior Accountant at Episcopal Church Center of Utah
- Senior Accountant at Accountemps/NowCFO
11 months at this Job
- BS - Accounting