Seasonal Construction Inspector
- Seasonal Construction Inspector at City of Des Moines
- County Engineer at Union County, Iowa
- County Engineer at Warren County
- County Engineer at Decatur County
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Civil Engineering
- Construction Inspector II at Smithemery
2 years at this Job
Construction Inspector- Inspect all aspects of roadway construction. Including but not limited to earthwork, paving, striping, barricade inspections, drilled shaft inspections, re-bar inspections, illumination inspections, as well as keeping track of all equipment on site and personnel. Input daily and weekly reports for TXDOT, and other clients.
- Construction Inspector at Survey and Mapping, LLC (SAM-CS)
- Construction Material & Engineering Technician at Fugro USA Land, Inc
- CMT- Construction Material Technician at Alpha Testing
- CMT- Construction Material Technician at TTL,Inc
6 months at this Job
- Level 1B Field Specialist
- Level 1A Plant Mix Specialist
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician
- - SB102
- APNGA Portable Nuclear Gauge Safety & U.S. D.O.T. - Portable Nuclear Gauge Safety & U.S
- High School Diploma - Completion Date
- Core classes
- OSHA 10 - OSHA 10
OPS No. P3593 Bridge Repairs and Resurfacing Parkway – Construction Services, Bridge Deck Repairs and Resurfacing, Milepost (MP) 0 to MP 126, Cape May, Atlantic, Burlington, Ocean, Monmouth, and Middlesex Counties, NJ, New Jersey Turnpike Authority (NJTA). [October 2018 to Present]. Construction Inspector for this contract, which is being completed at an anticipated cost of more than $5 million.
• Responsibilities include coordination with the contractor, NJTA Traffic Operations, and client representative of the contractor's work for compliance with the contract.
• Inspection of scope includes 9 structures that involves concrete deck replacement, milling and hot-mix asphalt paving, membrane waterproofing, substructure concrete spall repairs, joint reconstruction and replacement, elastomeric bearing replacements, and structural steel repairs. Additionally, local roadway detours were installed for extensive deck replacements. These structures also required shielding systems, substructure spall repairs, pre- stressed beam repairs, substructure membrane waterproofing, inlet repair and reconstruction, and thermoplastic striping NJ Route 42, I-295, I-76 Direct Connection, Contract No. 2, Boroughs of Bellmawr, Mt. Ephraim, Runnemede, City of Gloucester, and Counties of Camden and Burlington, NJ, New Jersey Department of Transportation. [April 2018 to October 2018]. Construction Inspector for this multidisciplinary, $152 million interchange reconstruction project at the confluence of I-295, I-76, and NJ Route 42 in Camden County. This particular interchange handles daily traffic volumes of more than 250,000 vehicles to improve traffic flow and safety. Direct Connection 2 includes 2 miles of 6-lane roadway construction; demolition of existing noise barriers/construction of 4 new noise barriers on large-diameter drilled-shaft foundations; 4 new bridge structures; 5 retaining walls; and 11 sign-support structures.
• Inspected work included building demolition involving asbestos removal; significant drainage improvements, including directional drilling and pipe jacking beneath interstate roadway and ramp systems.
• Excavation and disposal of regulated material; geotextile roadway stabilization; column-supported embankment systems.
• HMA milling and HMA base, intermediate, and surface course paving.
• Permanent sheeting; new bridge construction; retaining wall construction.
• Drilled-shaft/cast-in-place concrete pile-supported foundations, (CNC).
• 63-inch pre-tensioned, pre-stressed-concrete beams and concrete in substructure and superstructures. Construction Engineering and Inspection Services for Fire and Mill Roads Reconstruction, Atlantic County, NJ, Atlantic County Department of Regional Planning and Development.
• Construction Inspector for this $4.24 million roadway reconstruction project. This New Jersey Department of Transportation-funded project involved intersection and roadway improvements.
• Inspected new traffic signal installation, roadway reconstruction and widening, drainage improvements, and extensive utility relocation coordination.
• Inspected bridge culvert extension, work included the oversight of cast-in- place (CIP), reinforced culvert, footings, wing walls, and high-performance concrete parapets.
• Responsible of the oversight of more than 15,000 square yards of milling; placement of more than 8,900 tons of Superpave hot-mix asphalt base, intermediate, and surface courses.
• Inspected guide rail removal and installation; gabion wall installation; traffic striping; reflective pavement markings; and landscaping.
- Construction Inspector at Gannett Fleming, Inc
- Assistant Project Manager/ Inspector at Belmec Construction, San Juan, PR
- Assistant Resident Engineer at RAE, San Juan, PR
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Technical Management
- - Electronic Systems Technology
I am currently employed as a sub contracted Construction Inspector working for Empire City Subway, a subsidiary of Verizon.
➢ My current responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. I interpret complex engineering prints to make sure the sub contracted Verizon contractor is placing the buried PVC pipe accordingly to Federal, State, City and Verizon specifications in both Manhattan and the Bronx. With particular attention placed on cost, quality and safety of both the contractors and the general public.
➢ I work with the New York City Department of Transportation (DOT) in order to adhere to permit specifications and quality of work being done to DOT specifications.
➢ I negotiate and obtain access to the end user addresses with the building management.
➢ I measure and draw complex drawings for all newly placed PVC communications duct being placed in order for it to be put into the Verizon database to be on record if it needs to be found at a later date.
- Construction Inspector at Universal Network Development Co
- Local Manager- FIOS Operations / NYC Region at Verizon
- Local Manager- FIOS Operations / NYC Region at Verizon
- Local Manager at Verizon
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Nominated for the Verizon Excellence Award five times and a finalist three times - Letters of re
for a $142.6 million, five-story, steel frame office building. Project scope included: Design/Build Project Delivery for a 379,489 gross square feet building having maximum personnel occupancy of 2,500 personnel. Project details included: brick inlaid, precast panels and curtain wall glazing, raised floor system, gigabit-capable Passive Optical Network (GPON) Communication System, Appellate Court Room and Trial Court Room, Secure room facility Accreditation, furniture and demountable wall procurement and Installation, LEED Silver Certification (included Green Roof construction), and administrated the project to assure the safe and proper construction in accordance with the plans and specifications. Managed a team of 4 inspectors that observed all trades and documented all daily construction activities and provided monthly audits of the design-build contractor's monthly invoices. Coordinated all construction activities with customer to include state and government. Played the key role in the success of project needs to include accreditations of security systems, building structure, road closures, power requirements, communications, traffic management, establishing a project safe zone to expedite deliveries to complete construction in an amazing 19 months, Andrews Air Force base access for over 3,000 project employees, and served as a certified Maryland erosion inspector for the government to ensure clean water runoff to protect Maryland waterways. Project Construction Inspector URS Corporation, Task 78, Air Force Center for Environmental Excellence Joint Base Andrews, MD
- Project Construction Inspector at Design Build Construction Field Engineering
- Project Engineer at Clark Construction
- Hydraulic Systems Craftsman, Air Force One at U.S. Air Force
- Hydraulic Systems Instructor at U.S. Air Force
2 years at this Job
- Associate - Aircraft Systems Maintenance Technology
Worked as Construction Inspector in various parts of the Design Build Project of I-690 over Teall Avenue and Beech Street Bridges in Syracuse New York. I inspected the Control Modulus Column (CMCs) Installation, the erection of MSES walls, and Phase 3 of the Teall Avenue Bridge construction primarily in 2018 Construction season. Precast Plant Inspection of Precast Bridge Units. All to be within the SQCD required in the Specifications, and provided ideas for Continuous Improvement to my employer based on my field observations.
- Construction Inspector at POPLI DESIGN GROUP
- Assistant Regional Bridge Maintenance Engineer at N. Y. S. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
- Civil Engineer I at Bridge Safety Assurance Group
- Level I Load Rating Analyses, special bridge inspections, and Project Manager at Bridge Safety Assurance Group
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- - Urban & Regional Planning
Random Lengths Publications, Inc. Editor of Timber Supply and Forest Resource Issues Editor of a forest products trade journal. Covered domestic and international forest product markets. Researched topics, interviewed sources, wrote feature articles. Reported industry and personnel news, developed surveys. Tracked legislation. Reported market trends and prices for forest products. Oregon Small Woodlands Association Executive Director Chief Executive Office of Oregon's largest 503(c)4 nonprofit trade organization for nonindustrial family-owned tree farms. Concurrently President of Northwest Woodland Owners Council, a 503(c)6 grassroots nonprofit organization serving forest landowners in five western states. City of Oakridge, Oregon Economic Development Director Program and project management. Managed $3.4 million in grants. Coordinated environmental cleanup, brownfield redevelopment, demolition, infrastructure development, and construction of city- owned Oakridge Industrial Park. Managed public input process. Reported to a 6-member city council. Oregon Department of Transportation Statewide TDM Program Manager, Public Transit Section Program Manager for Transportation Demand Management. Managed grants for van-pooling, carpooling, and telecommuting programs. Coordinated with other agencies. Provide information to the public. Oregon Department of Transportation Construction Inspector Field inspection, monitoring, and documentation of work performed by contractors on ODOT construction projects. Represented Project Manager and Engineer of Record. Enforcement of contract and general specifications. Documented progress and deficiencies in daily progress reports. Prepared Contract Change Orders, State Force Orders, Extra Work Orders, Field Inspection Reports, etc. Monitored traffic control, erosion and pollution controls, etc. Also reviewed Certified Payroll Reports for compliance with Prevailing Wage Laws. State of Oregon, Oregon Travel Experience Specialist 2 Facility manager and agency representative for Oregon's highest-traffic rest areas. Manage contract custodial and landscape crews. Schedule, coordinate, and review electrical, plumbing, and construction contractors. Order supplies, measure visitor traffic, develop metrics. Assist traveling public. Echo Publishing Newspaper Reporter, Photographer, Advertising Manager for Echo Publishing, Oakridge, Oregon.
- Construction Inspector at Oregon Department of Transportation
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration
NYSDOT Gowanus Expressway steel repair contracts #1 and #2
Projects # D262963 value $55million
# D263007 value $63million
Description of work:
These contracts are working on a variety of roadway and bridge rehabilitation and reconstruction projects involving the repair of structural steel superstructure in various areas along the Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn, paint repaired structural steel areas, replace bridge bearings, replacement and resealing of existing bridge deck joints, joint repair and replacement, lighting system and retrofitting at Hicks Street pedestrian bridge, installation of overhead sign structures, foundations, and lighting on the Lower Gowanus section. And maintenance and protection of traffic. Construction cost over $118 Million
• Oversaw construction, performed QA inspections of operations, material testing, and arranged payments to contractor and sub-contractors after satisfactory verification of completion of work performed as per contract, and according to specification and plan requirements
• Insure job site safety during all daily inspections duties-Work Zone Traffic Control - Maintained proper lane closures, protection of pedestrians and traffic. Placed signs, orange drums, type 3 barrier, cones, temporary pavement marking, caution signs and positioned flaggers
• Ensured both Painting and Paint Removal Operations (Localized and Blasting) were performed according to NYSDOT Specifications / class A containment systems/
• Bridge Construction - Steel installation, Steel repairs - Required to test bolts being used to ensure torque is in the acceptable range.
• ACI certified concrete testing
• Completed daily and monthly payment to contractor, Recorded and verified the time, material and equipment used by the contractor when performance additional or disputed work
• Calculated and certified quantities for the progress of work and verified al work was completed according to plans and specifications.
- Construction Inspector at IH ENGINEERS
- Assistant Field Service Engineer at Miltonic's Inc
- Construction Inspector at Chalet Construction Corp., New Jersey
- Designer and Project Management at Al Wadi Inc
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Architectural engineering
1. At present I am assigned to the 301 project (T200811301) with Greggo & Ferrara. My position on this project was to monitor the placement of soil cement and assure that this item was placed at plan grade, I then placed PTB for roadway drainage and assured plan grades were followed. I then was in charge of the placement of the concrete pavement on the entire project, this involved checking the highline, placed by contractor, the placement of load transfer devices, applying graphite to dowels and correct pinning of devices. Once placement started of the concrete pavement, roadway precentages were checked by using a smart level and depth of pavement was also monitored to insure proper thickness was being placed. After the required PSI was acquired, placed pavement was rechecked for any cracks and any fractured pavement was marked and removed and replaced at contractors expense. I then assisted the contractor in doing ride ability tests on concrete pavement and marking areas that failed according To DelDot Materials. Diamond grinding was followed by another inspector, then the contractor surveyer and I retested Pavement and results were sent back to DelDot for approval. I am also doing CCR inspections with Rob Roop on a Zack Construction project at Coon Den Road. 2. A a construction inspector on a Del Dot project, (Howell School Road) . This position is doing inspections on all phases of pipe, site and roadway construction to insure that work is being done as per specs state. My job is doing inspections on storm drain placement, water main placement and sanitary placement, also do inspections on underdrain, concrete curb placement roadway box excavation, placement of GABC, fine grading operations, and placement of Hot Mix. I am CCR Certified and have my Level 1 NICET Certification in Heavy Highway construction. I have also worked and completed a project in Rehoboth Beach which consisted mainly of replacing existing curb and ADA ramps to bring into compliance with ADA Regs.
- Construction Inspector at Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers
- Construction Consultant at Prime A&E
- Heavy Equipment Operator at Diamond
- Lab Technician Engineer at Hillis and Carnes Engineering
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- CCR Certification