Nov 2012 - Nov 2018
Hired as Construction Manager with ABB Power Systems North America to assist in the development of their new North American Installation Group.
This group consists of a Project Manager, Installation Manager, and me as the Construction Site Manager.
Assisted the Project Manager and Installation Manager in developing the groups Safety Plan and Quality Control Plan. This involved determining a training matrix for all members of the group along with creating and implementing Quality Control procedures and forms to be used across multiple projects.
My overall responsibilities while managing projects for ABB included maintaining all Daily/Safety/QA/QC Reports, scheduling and arranging transportation/accommodations for our Swedish Technicians, scheduling subcontractors, holding weekly progress meetings, updating schedules, maintaining as-builts, change order management, developing work plans/lift plans, conducting safety audits, perform Jacket Integrity Tests, etc.
My position with ABB was eliminated in 2018 due to the complete divestment of their HV Cables BU to NKT, Denmark.
The following is a brief description of my time with ABB:
Hess NEC Project, Newark, NJ
Client: PPMS/Newark Energy Center
• This $37 million-dollar project was a Triangular Contract Between NEC (Owner), Caldwell Marine International (Civil Contractor), and ABB (Cable supplier/installer).
• The Civil work consisted of the construction and installation of 2.5 miles of underground Duct Bank and Splice Vaults in and along Doremus Ave, from the NEC Power Plant to the PSE&G Essex Substation, including PTMT sections and a 1300' segment consisting of two 48" diameter HDD runs.
• During the civil work, I was responsible for observing and advising CMI, ensuring that their installation and work methods conformed to ABB's design criteria. I performed all civil QA/QC inspections, scheduled onsite laboratory tests, and maintained the record of all documents including daily reports. I was solely responsible for approving and signing off on final acceptance of each completed segment, thereby taking ownership from CMI to ABB.
• As the Civil work progressed, there came a point where Cable installation and Termination work could proceed in parallel. At that time, ABB assigned an Assistant Site Manager to the project to assist, although I continued to retain full responsibility for the project overall.
- Construction Site Manager at ABB PS-NAM
- Construction Manager I at Fluor Government Group
- Advisor/Consultant at Black and McDonald/AMEC
- Owner/President at Site Works LLC
6 years at this Job
- - Civil Engineering Technology
University of Texas Austin, OFPC - Austin, TX - Sr. Construction Inspector - Provided professional project quality assurance oversight and inspection to ensure compliance with the contract documents of assigned UT construction projects. Projects included: UT Austin Replacement Office Building - $133 million 20 story Administration Office Building in Downtown Austin; UT Austin East Campus Parking Garage - $47 million 2000 car capacity, 6 story parking structure with office/facility support space. Tarleton State University, Texas A&M - Stephenville, TX - Sr. Construction Representative - Responsible for construction observation, monitoring and inspection of underground hydronic pipeline system project with associated Central Plant facility upgrade as well as two new three story residential Student Housing buildings to ensure that the required contract work was carried out in accordance with plans and specifications. Alamo Community College District - San Antonio, TX - Asst. Project Manager/Field - responsible for inspection and construction observation to ensure adherence to specifications and contract documents of multiple projects involving complete interior renovations of multi-story academic buildings, new additions and new building construction. Reported daily to Senior Project Manager regarding status, progress and problems encountered for each project. Alamo Community College District - San Antonio, TX - Project Manager - responsible for College District archival program to sort, select, organize and catalog into an Excel Database Master List all existing construction documents, drawings, files and other related information in preparation for optical scanning into a new centralized construction database system. Peri Formwork Systems - Mansfield, TX - Construction Site Manager - 375,000 SF reinforced concrete laydown and staging yard involving elaborate lime/soil stabilization, water injection for building pads, construction of segmented retaining walls, parking lots and underground utilities on a 15-acre commercial site. Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. - Stockton, CA - Construction Site Manager - 650,000 SF, $35 million, Distribution Center Warehouse.
- Construction Site Manager/Sr. Construction Representative/Sr. Construction Inspector at Broaddus & Associates
- Site Superintendent at Ben E. Keith Foods-Construction Division
- Assistant Construction Site Manager/Construction Site Manager at A. Epstein & Sons, International, Inc
10 years, 9 months at this Job
• schedule the projects in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
• Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, and cost tracking reports.
• Interpret and explain plans to contract terms and administration staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
• Plan, organize, or direct activities concerning with construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
• Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
• Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations.
• Direct and supervise workers.
• Investigate damages, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
• Coordinate with engineers to ensure blueprints follow correct project guidelines.
- Construction Site Manager at RODRIGUEZ CONSTRUCTION
- Correctional Officer III at TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
- Maintenance Tech 3 /Crew Leader at TEXAS STERLING AND ROY JORGENSEN
3 years at this Job
- High School Diploma
Managing, Organizing and coordinating all the trades on internal and exterior works in the construction of Walpole Police Station, Walpole Massachusetts. Dealing with Town Architects and engineers, Clark of works, Building Inspectors, Project submittals, RFI, ASI. Weekly site meetings, progress reports. Maintaining weekly targets and budgets.
- Construction Site Manager at MOCC Inc
- Construction Project Manager at Shepard Investments, North St
- at John Jacobs Construction
- at Conspect Engineering
2 years at this Job
- - Business Studies Course
- - Word Processing Course
• Monitor and supervise ongoing site activates such as Civil works, MEP installation works. Such as chillers of 5000RT, cooling pumps of 3500 GPM, cooling towers & electrical works, control panels, instrument & automations works. To ensure it meets contract obligation.
• Review and be familiar with vendor's requirements to assure equipments are installed in a manner not to void warranties.
• Develop Project schedule Plan, to ensure project to be completed safely on time & within budget.
• Hiring of competent field staff to ensure adequate resources is in place for effective and timely execution of projects.
• Manage equipments commissioning activities & reports with vendors.
• Ensure that the objectives of quality, health& safety as well as environment are communicated to the site construction team, followed and met.
• Establish and maintain proper communications and relations with the Client.
• Responsible for day-to-day contract administration activities, including but not limited to the review of design drawings and submittals and other contract deliverables.
• Maintain all required project data and records; log and track any modifications, CN, RFI, WP, MRR and potential claims.
• Prepare Project Monthly Reports; attend Weekly progress coordination meeting with all sub-contractors.
• Review & approve submitted Method statements before execution the critical works.
• Develop and manage schedule of values, equipment buyouts and subcontract scopes
• Coordinate project plan, as built drawings, coordination drawings, shop drawings, and construction schedules.
• Work closely with upper management and office personnel to develop project requirements and determine project solutions.
• Maintain correspondence with all necessary parties to expedite site works.
• Maintain an awareness of equipment maintenance requirements. Assist with maintenance planning and Preventive Maintenance program, as required and/or when needed. Projects
• Jabil Omar District Cooling Plant Plant Capacity of 55,000RT, with underground chilled water pipes of 2Km length, and 22 Heat exchangers units. The Project is ongoing ,cost of $ 400M.
• ARAMCO district cooling plant Plant capacity of 32,000RT, with thermal storage tank capacity of 7000 RT, & underground chilled water piping 15 Km length with 11 heat exchangers, & finally overhead transmission line with electrical substation 115/13.8 KVA. Project Cost of $135million.
• Al kifa & Al Rashidiya district cooling plant each capacity of 10,000RT.
• Ajman-01 & Ajman-02 district cooling plant each capacity of 33,000 RT.
- Construction Site Manager at SNC-LAVALIN International
13 years, 5 months at this Job
- BSME - Mechanical Engineering
Provide Construction Management Services along with site management Services
- Construction & Site Manager at Fluor Enterprises
- Construction Manager at Foth Production Solutions
- Construction Manager at Tesoro Refining & Marketing
- Project Manager, Contract Position, Dow Chemical, Contract Administrator at Timec Constructors
6 months at this Job
- - VARIOUS MANAGEMENT & SAFETY TRAININGS
- - CHEVRON OIL
Was in charge of over 20 employee's on a daily basis. Helped plan site construction from beginning to end. Organized what construction equipment was need to ordering materials to vetting any subcontractors needed. Wrote reports daily; maintained accurate performance evaluations on equipment and personnel. Over saw the transformation from nothing to something spectacular.
- Construction Site Manager at U.S. Army
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Some college
- Worked closely with senior leadership and the engineering team to plan for and execute high-priority, multi-million-dollar projects for commercial roofing and spray coating applications. - Acted as liaison for multiple sub-contractors during all project phases ensuring schedules and completion dates are met according to approved time, quality and cost estimates. - Coordinated senior-level working groups and meetings, responsible for scribing meeting minutes, capturing/ delegating action-items, coordinating logistics and materials preparation. - Drafted project management templates and guides (e.g., charter template, standard operating procedures, Safety Programs etc.); managed and updated the intranet repository that housed project management resources. - Provided on-site training for contractors and sub-contractors and internal personnel; organized presentations on project management templates and guides. - Worked closely with the project SharePoint sites and maintained content for various workstreams. - Monitored multiple shared Outlook mailboxes and collaborated with content leads on responses. - Instrumental in working with senior leadership and team to prepare for monthly project reviews and audits for executive level leadership. - Collaborated with the client team to develop new ideas to create additional value and efficiencies for the project.
- Construction Site Manager at Advance Tank & Construction
- Project Specialist / Assistant Recovery Officer at H2O Partners
- FEMA Quality Control Inspector/ General Inspector at PB Disaster Services
- Petty Officer Second Class/ SW at United States Navy
2 years at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Process Technology
- Associate of Applied Science - Drafting and Design Technology
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Project Management
- Wind Farms * Big Turtle II
• 14: G114 2.1MW * Red Bed Plains
• 48: G114 2.0 & 2.1 MW * Stillwater
• 26: 2.6MW -G120 & 4 2.3-G108 * Mendota Hills
• 29: G126- 2.5 MW - Provided inspection of Siemens Gamesa turbine components before and after construction to ensure comments were assembled according to Siemens Gamesa standards - Maintained Quality Assurance to ensure we remained within an assigned wind farm budget. While also understanding the quality portion of the wind farm budget and remain within that budget. - Performed audits as well as reports for each task during the assembly of the turbine. - Maintained and managed traceability information for all components on site to be handed over to client as well as services team. - Created non-conformity reports (NCR) when necessary through SAP. - Track and identify BOM through SAP - Perform an 8D to identify the root cause of defects found in order to provide the most quality assured product. - Responsible for ensuring technical information such as documents, procedure, schematics and blue prints with subcontracted construction building Siemens Gamesa turbine. - Organized and coordinated quality personnel on site to ensure all quality task were met to specific standards set.
- Quality Construction Site Manager at Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
- Composite Repair Tech at MFG Energy Services
- Intern at Westwood Professional Services
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Wind Energy - Wind Energy
- Associates of Arts
• Manage daily site activities.
- ASSISTANT CONSTRUCTION SITE MANAGER at Nordex USA, Inc.
- FIELD ENGINEER at SIEMENS GAMESA
- PROJECT MANAGER at SIEMENS GAMESA
- CONSTRUCTION COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR at SIEMENS GAMESA
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - International Business Administration