Content Editor position is to review client submitted content such as press releases, profiles and related multimedia, addressing common quality control issues and determining the quality of the submitted content.
- Content Editor at Releasewire
- Cashier/Customer Service at Festival Foods
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- Associate - Human/Social Services
- Associate - Paralegal
Traffic Content editor for various social media sites including Facebook, Instagram and twitter. Gathered, wrote and disseminated traffic information to clients and end users utilizing a web-based system.
- Video Content Editor at Radiate Media
- Photographer / Social Media Manager at Freelance/Self employed
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- Associate - Radio and Television Broadcasting
Write teaser and lead-in copy tapping into marketing and tone of voice central to Kroger's business strategy. Copyedit and proofread all proprietary material. Vitacost, an online retailer of health-focused products, is a Kroger subsidiary. I assisted in a separate project because I met the deadlines earlier than anticipated. The Content Editor/Proofreaderposition is contracted by Vaco Orlando Agency.
- Content Editor/Proofreader at Vitacost
- Video volunteer at Florida SuperCon
- Visual Journalist II at FLORIDA TODAY Communications
- Purchasing Assistant at HMA of Miami
2 months at this Job
- M.S. - Global Strategic Communications
- B.A. - News Writing
It's Your Story is my own business that I created five years ago and am proud to say, I still have the majority of my beginning authors. Over the years my client list has grown to over sixty authors, many who have reached the best selling list. After four years of reviewing books for multiple blogs, I found that I could see where the plot in a book had fallen short, or the content of the book lacked the ability to make the reader invest into the story or understand the information provided by the author. I took that knowledge, along with my education in psychology and now help authors deliver a book that captures the heart and attention of the readers, forcing them to invest a part of themselves in each book my authors release. My experience has also helped me work with doctors and local businesses when they are developing their advertisement material. It is important that the client not only have information that they can readily get, but it must show the dedication of the business who is offering the service and help the consumer understand what they can expect. In addition to what I have stated, I have also had the thrill of working with a writer who provided articles and pieces for a historical magazine. My function for her was to help her provide an informational and clear piece using a limited word count required by the magazine. This was a fun monthly challenge making sure each word carried the message she was trying to convey without relying on the traditional filler words. I feel my education in psychology allows me to help the author develop a strong plot and set of characters,that will connect with the reader, but it also gives me the edge to help businesses know how to target the needs and concerns of their consumers.
- Content Editor at It's Your Story Content Editing
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Substance Abuse Counselling
- Associate - Associates of Science
Served as lead content editor for the development of print and digital materials to teach coding and robotics to pre-K through 8th graders. Designed curriculum based on Common Core, NGSS, ISTE, and CSTA standards.
Managed and guided writers and designers in the development of materials.
• provided editorial direction, content editing, copyediting, and proofreading for the Applied Robotics Curriculum print and digital materials, including 3 Design Process Notebooks and 30 online lesson plans
• managed the development of and edited 50+ digital cross curricular lessons
• edited activities and directions on 2,000+ screens in the Wonder and Cue apps
• wrote cross curricular lesson plans and blog articles for publication on the Wonder Workshop website
- Senior Content Editor at WONDER WORKSHOP
- INDEPENDENT EDITOR, WRITER, and PROJECT MANAGER at
- Senior Editor, Disney Learning/Disney English at DISNEY CONSUMER PRODUCTS
- Editor, Fine Arts and Health at GLENCOE/MCGRAW HILL
1 month at this Job
- Master of Fine Arts - Vocal Performance
- Bachelor of Music - Vocal Performance
Curated site artwork including hundreds of celebrity head shots.
• Developed SEO and Analytics metrics and KPIs in Excel that gave the company its benchmarks for site performance and success.
• Managed team of developers to create site infrastructure and do site bug testing.
• Developed site map, navigation structure, forum, and social media plan for new celebrity based community engagement site. Gamer.Com Content Editor (Consultant)
• Developed site map, navigation structure, editorial policies and editing structure for news section of new gamer-focused Web site.
• Managed team of freelance writers.
• Developed SEO and Analytics metrics and KPIs that gave the site its benchmarks for site performance and success Performance Designed Products, Sherman Oaks, California Web Content Editor and Site Development (Consultant)
• Launched Afterglowgaming.com, a product specific site designed around Afterglow gaming peripherals. Traffic hit 100,000 unique views and $10,000 revenue per week within 90 days.
• Developed SEO and redesign plan for company's flagship Web site that increased revenue from $8,000 per month to $40,000 per month in six months.
• Developed Analytics metrics in Excel that gave the company its first comprehensive view of customer demographics, psychographics and behavior.
• Managed team of developers, outside contractors, and social media managers to create new marketing promotions including major redemption programs with Disney and Apple that generated close to $1,000,000 in sales.
- Content Editor (Consultant) at Better Than A Celebrity
- Content Editor - The Sims (Consultant) at Electronic Arts
- Senior Content Editor at Nexon America, Inc
- Senior Editor, GameSpy.com at Fox Interactive Media
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English
ONLINE CONTENT EDITOR
Updates news releases, resources pages, microsites, and physician profiles on utsouthwestern.edu and utswmedicine.org using the Vignette and Alfresco Content Management Systems. Strategically coordinates/edits content for SEO and accuracy.
• Center Times: Designed new web template for campus newspaper - has grown from 100,000 page views annually) to 243,000 and is one of the centerpieces of UT Southwestern's Digital Newsroom. This project seeks to make news content more user friendly for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
• Digital Marketing: Compiled monthly metrics reports using Google Analytics, OmniTure SiteCatalyst, and Webtrends.
• In the News: Designed template to showcase placements for scientific researchers and clinicians in local, regional and national media (60,000 page views annually ).
• Intranet: Created an intranet with space for all administrative offices, schools, and departments to address inside information; involved the migration of nearly 2,000 pages of content from an existing external website, as well as new content.
• Writer/Editor: Compiled process documents/presentations based on Web best practices for upper management.
- Online Content Editor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
- EDITOR/PRODUCER at DallasNews.com
- CONTENT EDITOR (CONTRACT) at Hotels.com
- INTERIM COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER (CONTRACT) at Horizon Health
8 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.A. - Journalism
• Acting as a digital content editor, aiding in MUSC's efforts to migrate all content from their six websites' current platform to Sitecore
• Working closely with program Technical Services Manager, the client project management team, content specialists, content owners, IT and offshore teams through JIRA, a content management system, for QA and UAT
• Perform a variety of other tasks as needed such as creating new content, editing current content, updating, auditing and formatting, testing the sites' functionality, image and graphics
- Content Editor (Digital) at Medical University of South Carolina
- Freelance at
- Freelance at
- Freelance at
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology and Philosophy - Sociology and Philosophy
New Britain, CT October 2018 - Present University Assistant - Web Content Editor - Serve as primary contact for several departments for all digital marketing needs and inquiries - Assist with other aspects of marketing including email campaigns, television commercial production, social media marketing, and special events - Serve on the University-wide Web Advisory Committee, in order to collaborate with administrative and academic departments on the direction of the website and ensure the University's digital presence meets the needs of all users
- University Assistant - Web Content Editor at Central Connecticut State University
- Campaign Specialist at Clipcentric, Inc
- Marketing/Web Development Co-op at Central Connecticut State University
- at Once Upon a Time Child Enrichment Center
3 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Marketing - Marketing
- Associates of Applied Science in Media Arts and Communications - Information Design
As a content editor for the entertainment blog, JaGurl TV, I am responsible for the following : 1. `Lead of group of writers; scheduling article submissions and other administrative task 2. Edit content ; articles, videos and pictures for the website and social media pages
- Content Editor at JaGurl TV
- Media Correspondent at JaGurl TV
- Mentor at College Has Its Life Lessons (C.H.I.L.L.)
- President at Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc
3 months at this Job
- B.A. - Journalism