504 Thrasher St NW, Norcross, GA 30071
Narrow Web & Packaging / Folding Carton USA Operations
April, 2017 to Present
Continuous Improvement Manager - 75% to 85% Travel
• Fully accountable for the continuous improvement exercises at 14 West Rock plant locations and quality programs through use of external and internal bench-marking and manufacturing best practices.
• Coaches and trains the plant leadership and the plant personnel to achieve desired results at each of these locations.
• Helps drive plant accountabilities in the areas of: tracking vendor performances, resolution and disposition of customer complaints, investigating critical quality defects on in-processes and finished products.
• Facilitates formal problem solving team activities to help drive to the root cause and corrective actions.
• Results driven and achieves desired results in Quality by diagnosing, designing, implementing, then ensuring each plants processes, practices and procedures are fully and consistently adhered within each plant by working directly with all plant personnel including sales, customer service, design, planning, manufacturing, engineering, shipping and delivery departments.
• Ensures all customer feedback is promptly dealt with and all customer complaints are acted upon by the plant using root cause analysis and they are implementing corrective action and have the right recourse's.
- Continuous Improvement Manager at West Rock Corporate Offices
- Plant Quality Manager at Rust-Oleum Corporation
- Value Stream Manager & QA Manager at Price Industries, Inc
- Quality Engineering Supervisor at Custom Plastic Extrusion & Injections Operations
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Certification - Communication Skills for Leaders
- Diploma - Course
- Bachelor's - Advanced Engineering
Dalton, GA A global manufacturer and supplier of residential and commercial flooring.
Continuous Improvement Manager: Leadership for Cushion Vinyl turnaround.
• Leadership for Cost Improvement Plan within Resilient Flooring BU. Result: Delivered savings of $5MM+ each of three consecutive years.
• Introduced and led Strategic Planning cycle. Result: Created strategic planning system and policy deployment that aligns simplified KPI's to individual performance objectives.
• Built learning, results oriented Continuous Improvement culture. Result: Transformed a reactive manufacturing group into a planning and process focused team.
• Initiated PDCA cycles. Result: Created shift meetings, daily gemba walks with metrics review, weekly CAR reviews and Guiding Coalition.
- Continuous Improvement Manager at Mohawk Industries
- Lean Leader at Tyco Electronics
- Lean Six Sigma Consultant at Manitowoc
- Industrial Engineer / Project Manager at Ingersoll Rand
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Industrial and Management Systems Engineering
Time of Employment: March 2017 to Present Continuous Improvement Manager
• Created value stream plans to align resources and establish improvement direction
• Led cycle time reduction efforts by targeting rework reduction of defects
• Led cost reduction projects with savings of $400 thousand
• Guided direct reports on material presentation and delivery improvements
• Created 5S implementation plan for entire production site
- Continuous Improvement Manager at LM Windpower
- Continuous Improvement Manager at Pottorff
- Value Stream Continuous Improvement Manager at Pactiv
- Manufacturing Engineer / Lean Implementer at Weber Aircraft, LP
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Mechanical Engineering
-Quality & Continuous Improvement Manager for an up and coming medical staffing firm. -Designed and implemented a highly successful employee suggestion program. -Implemented STAT (Strategic Tactical Action Team) to prioritize and achieve improvements. -Internal Project Manager for various in-house projects. (new phone system, moves, etc.) -Managed Business Analytics department. -Responsible for numerous cost savings initiatives.
- Quality & Continuous Improvement Manager at GrapeTree Medical Staffing LLC
- Lead Kaizen teams to identify and correct wasteful process at Sheldon Facility
- Continuous Improvement Technician at Rosenboom
- Continuous Improvement Technician at Eaton
1 year, 6 months at this Job
Multi-Color Corporation, Inc.-York/Ashville
• Work along with D.O. for North American Consumer Products Group to oversee continuous improvement project / plans for multiple facilities. Hands-on focus to leading Kaizen events, developed multi-plant audit and training plans for white, yellow, green & black belt, and implementing cultural change.
• Lead CI initiatives showing savings of over $4.3 million annually including margin enhancement, setup time & waste reductions, and overseeing $7.8 million dollars of capital investment projects from concept through production.
• Developed visual management systems in our York operation to increase through put by 31%. For 4 months was "Acting Operations Manager" overseeing our facility with 10 direct reports, 245 full time employees inside of 7 departments.
• Lead Safety Committee for York facility in June. Results in 67% increase in employee safety observations with 0 loss time accidents. Modified training modules from annual to month and actively participated in 1 OSHA grievance visit.
- Continuous Improvement Manager at Multicolor Corp.-NAGCP
- Owner / Operator at Mountain Multigrams
- Vice President of Operations at Behney Corporation, Inc
- Vice President of Operations at Leonhardt Manufacturing Co., Inc
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology - Thaddeus Stevens
-Mesa, AZ 2016-Present
"Founded as Zahnradfabrik in 1915, today ZF global leader in driveline and chassis technology as well as active and passive safety technology. The company has global workforce of around 137,000 with approximately 230 locations in 40 countries. ZF is one of the largest automotive suppliers worldwide."
Senior Continuous Improvement Manager (LPO)
• Recognized as corporate leader and trusted authority over a process improvement portfolio.
• Identifies, coordinates, and implements lean processes to support business goals and objectives.
• Communicates with Executives and stakeholders to maintain alignment and awareness of current operational state and future vision.
• Provides continuous and visible ownership of end-to-end process performance and future plans.
• Promotes and communicates lean activities throughout the plant.
• Develops annual improvement plan through strategic planning and PSA standards.
• Partners with execution teams to deliver process improvements and solutions to efficiency problems.
• Provide training of process improvement methodologies.
• Oversees and reviews the optimization of operational practices and procedures to drive efficiencies.
• Develops strategic vision for portfolio of improvements.
• Uses manufacturing and financial measures to perform cost analysis.
• Manage CI savings and OP planning.
• Develops strategic vision for portfolio of improvements and act as a change agent.
- Senior Continuous Improvement Manager (LPO) at ZF
- Senior Performance Excellence Specialist at Mercy Hospital (Trinity)
- Continuous Improvement Specialist at Wells
- Lean Coordinator at Becton, Dickinson & Company
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Social Sciences - Psychology
Facilitated Kaizen events monthly, and quarterly, report outs at MDI and Gemba meetings
● Improved employee performance, by coaching, developing, leading individuals, and project team through LEAN Thinking
● Implemented LSS methods that removed waste, increased value-added activities, customer satisfaction, improved organization culture
● Captured requirements from the customer(internal or external) increasing optimal service/product quality; "Voice Of The Customer"
● Approved Requisitions>100,000-500,000$'s e.g. Capital Expenditures, Purchase, Personnel
● Created a new continuous shop-floor flow resulted in increased productivity lower cycle time e.g. CCF/MMF spaghetti diagram/process mapping
● Created new JIT process for skidding/shipping in the logistics department to help meet >90% OTD
● Established metrics from weekly reports during Gemba and Genchi Genbutsu walks aiding in improved KPI's
● Developed and improved current/future state Value Stream Maps resulting in a reduction of change-over, cycle, and lead time
● Eliminated bottlenecks increasing work-flow, decreasing overall set-up/wait time-saving man years lost for the lathe, mill, and drill
● Developed SQDCC, Hr X Hr Charts, SPC, FMEA, Pivot/Pareto charts, utilized for improved metrics, and organizational improvement
● Coached Quality Manager ISO-9000-2 audits, QFD, 8D, SOP, NCRs resulting in >customer satisfaction, and organization continuity
● Created strategic planning/goals that led into new projects, or start-up of a new line improving the organization
● Executed day to day policies/procedures, SWOT analysis, daily inventory, including management of P&L statements/expenses
- Continuous Improvement Manager at Ambassador
- Project Manager at Advanced Construction Technology
- Value Stream Manager at Pentair Thermal Management
- Operations Manager at Pentair Water
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Operations and Information Management - Operations and Information System
- Associate in Liberal Arts - Conversant
As the Logistics Manager, my overall responsibilities include overseeing and coordinating daily work assignments for the following departments: Shipping and Receiving, Warehouse, Inventory Control, and Production. As well as maintaining inventory levels for Raw Materials, Finished Goods, and Consumables. In addition to my role as the Logistics Manager, I conduct Continuous Improvement Projects such as: 5's, Value Stream Mapping, Quality Control, and Cost Savings. I am versatile in Project Management and Six Sigma techniques and utilize my formal training to manage Key Performance Indicators (KPI) like Overall Equipment Efficiencies (OEE) and On-Time Deliveries. A few of my day-to-day activities includes: Reconciling inventory with production scans, investigating inventory discrepancies, scheduling orders / deliveries, processing bill of landing's (BOL's), auditing daily and weekly cycle counts and generating Production / Inventory reports via EPR and Excel spreadsheets. Notable Accomplishments:
• Reorganized warehouse layout to increase capacity by 50% and mitigate space constraints
• Establish FIFO (First In, First Out) to improve inventory turn-time
• Implement Kanban and Pull Systems to reduce inventory levels and create a "lean" re-ordering / replenishment process
• Develop, Standardize, and Implement procedures, Training Aids, and Process Setup Sheets for Production, Shipping / Receiving, Warehouse, and Inventory Control functions.
• Average a total annually savings of $350K through C.I. projects
- LOGISTICS & CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER at NURSERY SUPPLIES, INC
- WAREHOUSE MANAGER at NURSERY SUPPLIES, INC
- INVENTORY MANAGER at NURSERY SUPPLIES, INC
- PRODUCTION CONTROL COORDINATOR, WHEELED COACH at
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- A.A. - BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- B.S. - BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Drove, led, and coordinated the deployment of the World Class Manufacturing (WCM) system in the plant to improve quality, increase equipment reliability, and reduce manufacturing costs.
• Developed and evaluated WCM knowledge for Management, Pillar Leaders, Pillar Teams, and manufacturing associates.
• Implemented Continuous Improvement tools to increase employee and operator engagement. The implementation of Area Improvement Boards resulted in increased communication between operators and Engineers and empowered operators to take ownership of their area and equipment.
• Trended yield losses and equipment downtime to establish quarterly improvement plans. These established plans resulted in $1.1 Million in cost savings.
• Facilitated continuous improvement activities. Trained and mentored teams through one 5S project, three Autonomous Maintenance projects and three Professional Maintenance projects.
• Audited systems to ensure proper implementation and overall effectiveness of each World Class Manufacturing Pillar. Implemented tiered auditing approach that resulted in a 30% improvement in assessment scores. Quality & Process Control Manager Drove the corporate Quality Initiative to reduce customer complaints, improve quality compliance, and improve machine yield in the plant. Responsible for quality and process control in the manufacturing facility, which included leading a team of four Process Engineers and one Lab Technician.
• Investigated customer complaints and implemented corrective actions to address root cause of defects. Implemented investigation team concept and use of continuous improve tools to investigate, determine root cause and evaluate effectiveness. This resulted in a 50% complaint reduction and lowest complaint rate in CertainTeed North America.
• Mentored Process Engineers to resolve process issues using established projects and WCM problem solving tools. This increased the use of root cause analysis tools that resulted in a 5% production yield improvement.
• Ensured Change Management procedures were adhered to. Improved Change Management procedure that resulted in increased awareness, increased procedural use and improved risk assessments.
- Continuous Improvement Manager at CertainTeed
- Senior Quality Engineer at Buehler Motor
- Site Quality & Validation Lead at Dickinson and Company
- Senior Validation Engineer at Becton Dickinson
5 years at this Job
- Master of Science in Engineering Management - Engineering Management
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
Responsible for the quality of components for the hydraulic industry. Also continuous improvement of people and processes to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.
• Quality Manager-Managing department personnel and realizing the company vision of assuring perfect quality through proactive measures including projects and incremental improvements.
• CI Manager- Implementing projects/programs, flawless new product launches and creating the sustainable culture of continuous improvement through the entire organization.
- Quality Manager/Continuous Improvement Manager at Bridgestone Co, Inc
- Quality Engineer at Woodward Inc
- Manufacturing Supervisor at O Woodward MPC
- Manufactured components and assemblies for cat scans Project/Production/Manufacturing Manager at Schleifring/GE Medical Systems
4 months at this Job
- B.S - Technical Mgmt