Cayey/Comerio, PR - USA
A manufacturing ISO 9001& ISO 14001 plant, affiliated to Imperial Tobacco Group, with annual sales across USA & the Caribbean Region of $180 million, and 574 regular employees.
Continuous Improvement Manager - Sept, 2017 - June 2018
Implements the Lean Management strategy, delivering safety improvements, quality and cost efficiency. Promotes a Lean Management culture across the organization. Facilitates training classes and curriculum working with local management and to establish certification standards while, mentoring and coaching participants.
Key Accomplishments & Accountabilities:
•Part of the management team of production and continuous improvement departments, acting as deputy of the Operation Manager.
•Proposes and establish with production and continuous improvement team a long term strategy for lean management.
•Implements Continuous Improvement Initiatives and support team members in optimizing industrial processes, improving performance, reducing costs and improving product quality level according with the standards.
- Continuous Improvement Manager at Imperial Tobacco PLC
- Production Manager at
- Logistics Supervisor at
- Central Store Room Purchasing Administrator & Export Coordinator at Key Accomplishments & Accountabilities
9 months at this Job
- BBA - Industrial Management
- BBA - Human Resources
Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager in a manufacturing plant. Led the Quality Department, improved product quality and customer satisfaction through lean change and process improvement programs. As Shift Production Supervisor (3 months), was responsible for up to six manufacturing departments. Improved safety, cost, and quantity through department planning and monitoring. Developed over 25 individuals through goal setting, performance management, and quarterly performance reviews.
• Automates and improved company and manufacturing processes associated with corrugates, sheet metal, metal tube, metal stamping, plastic extrusions, plastic die cutting, injection molding, thermo-vacuum forming, heat folding and sealing, CNC wire fabrication, welding, powder coat, and metal plating.
• Developed and implemented company policies and procedures for improved work environment satisfying government requirements and improving employee conditions and employee engagement.
• Audited suppliers and venders, conducted effective root cause analysis and implement corrective actions leading to improved end user/customer satisfaction.
- Quality & Continuous Improvement Manager at Southern Imperial, Inc
- Project Manager, Special Programs at UNITED STATES NAVY
- at UNITED STATES NAVY
- Program Manager at UNITED STATES NAVY
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- M.Eng. - Engineering Management
- Certification - Lean Six Sigma
- B.S. - Aerospace Engineering
• Assist with leading the company's Lean journey for both the Retail Stores and the Manufacturing Facilities, resulting in more efficient practices and processes used in many day to day retail, manufacturing and administrative processes
• Train and educate on Lean / Continuous Improvement (CI) attributes and methodology, such as ◦ 5s ◦ Standard Work / One Point Lessons ◦ Skills Matrix ◦ Process Flow ◦ 2P - Preparation / Process ◦ Process Flow Mapping
• Facilitate Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) Events; collect data, observe, analyze and breakdown current processes, then brainstorm, rework and implement new, more efficient processes to replace them
• Project Management; follow up on outstanding tasks from previous, execute any current, and plan for any upcoming CI Events Professional Experience (continued) Continuous Improvement Manager / Analyst ) 10/2013 - 07/2018 Lund Food Holdings, Inc Edina, MN 55424
• Productivity and Goals; collection and analyzation of production data to determine accurate production goals
• Inventory Control; using Just in Time (JIT) inventory practices for achieving more accurate ordering practices and reducing shrink
• Team Building, Coaching and Mentoring; working with teams to help implement Lean / CI initiatives and practices previously mentioned
• Development of CI tools used for ◦ Production Goal Tracking ◦ Skills Matrix Tracking and Training Guides ◦ Standard Work / One Point Lesson documentation
- Continuous Improvement Manager / Analyst at Lund Food Holdings, Inc
- Store Manager at Lund Food Holdings, Inc
- Department Manager to Assistant Store Manager at Variety
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- - general and business studies
AkzoNobel is a manufacturer of all types of coating products. The facility in Nashville, Tn produces powder coatings. Continuous Improvement Manager I joined the AkzoNobel team with responsibilities for leading, supporting, and implementation of AkzoNobel Leading Principles, Lean Manufacturing, project management, and advising project leaders on process improvement projects.
- Continuous Improvement Manager at AKZONOBEL
- Continuous Improvement Manager - (US and Canada) at ROLL FORM GROUP
- Plant Manager at YELLOW CREEK COATING SERVICES, LLC
- CPS Black Belt, Project Manager at CATERPILLAR, INC
2 years at this Job
- - Business Administration
Hodgkin's, IL (12/14-present) ARRO Corporation is your single source for contract manufacturing, processing, logistics and warehousing services. ARRO also specializes in custom dry and liquid blending along with packaging services. Safety & Continuous Improvement Manager * Engage all levels of management in their participation for a "Safety First" approach assuring employee safety is priority * Formulate general safety policies and procedures to be followed in compliance with local, State, and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration * Devise, supervise, and coordinates training programs to increase proficiency in safe practices and promote safety consciousness * Create, support and implement strategies to establish and improve safety compliance * Facilitate the job safety analysis prevention program to minimize occupational hazards * Conduct the company's Plant Safety Committee as a process to review new & old business development to reduce hazards throughout the facilities * Ensure the proper reporting, investigation and corrective actions for injury incidents, property damage, near-miss incidents * Provide supervision and management weekly safety topics to promote a safe working environment * Responsible for the company's Major Safety Program action/response plan * Aid risk management during site evaluations identifying potential hazards and corrective actions to promote a safe working environment * Provide statistics to management in a timely manner to assist continued improvement of the workplace, EH&S * Partner with both the Facilities Manager & Maintenance Manager on workplace improvements and repairs * Perform management functions of staff selection, development, discipline and performance * Complete periodic and one-time safety and compliance reports Production/Continuous Improvement * Manage 20 direct/indirect production areas including blending, agglomeration, baking products and beverages * Direct and coordinate activities related to the production shifts to maximize productivity along with minimizing downtime while maintaining an elevated level of safety and quality * Network with the commercialization management team to ensure execution of customer trials and developing new business strategies * Assist the maintenance management team for developing new production lines including set-ups and equipment structure, labor and continues flow opportunity * Supervise and coordinate manufacturing operations including production, warehousing and shipments * Schedule labor to meet production demands and network with staffing agencies to provide coaching and/or training to meet or exceed expectations * Ensure machine operators are trained on procedures, methods, problem solving, programing, quality * Conduct GMP and safety training to ensure that employees follow safe quality food standards across three shifts * Responsible for facilitating and documenting weekly & monthly sanitation tasks * Review product specifications to ensure product meets specs and ingredients are blended accordingly by meeting batch integrity standards * Process Improvement Management e.g. reviewing Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Operator training, 5S, SMED, top losses, short stops and review line performances using Red Zone-Kaizen data analysis * Appointed safety coordinator of the Hodgkin's facility while establishing safety TIR, evaluating safety incidents and implementing processes to improve the overall safety culture * Analyze and determine root causes for occupational work injuries and incidents to improve on training gaps and reoccurring injuries * Manage the EH&S tracking systems to ensure the company's environmental performance are at expected targets. e.g. recycling, energy, and transportation
- Safety & Continuous Improvement Manager at ARRO Corporation
- Production Supervisor/Safety Manager at A BCFOODS Company
- Operations Supervisor/Safety Manager at Scholastic Book Fairs
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- - areas
• Reports directly to the Plant Manager and is a key member of the plant management team. Is responsible to fill in as Plant Manager in his absence.
• Participates in budget approvals for the launch of programs in the plant both in terms of expenses and capital investments.
• Provides leadership and training to both the management team and production/operations workforce in the implementation of the continuous improvement program (World Class Manufacuring).
• Facilitate continuous improvement activities (5S, Kaizen)
• Coaches and supports teams to meet the deadlines of the WCM program milestone plan which includes regular auditing.
• Ensures effective use of continuous improvement tools in order to identify root cause and resolve process issues.
• Collects and stratifies the loss data for the plant. Enters this loss data into the cost deployment models to establish the priorities of the plant.
• Improved awareness and knowledge of continuous improvement and root cause analysis tools through continuous training CertainTeed Roxboro, NC Quality & Process Control Manager
• Responsible for quality and process control in the manufacturing facility.
• Managed four Process Engineers and one Lab Technician
• Managed quality lab to ensure testing was performed according to ASTM and UL requirement
• Investigated customer complaints and implemented corrective actions that resulted in a 50% complaint reduction and lowest complaint rate in North America
• Improved root cause analysis procedures that resulted in a 3% production yield improvement
• Executed trials that resulted in the implementation of process improvements and new raw materials
• Improved Change Management procedure that will resulted in increased awareness and increased procedural use.
• Used World Class Manufacturing (WCM) tools to investigate process and yield losses
- Continuous Improvement Manager at CertainTeed
- Quality & Process Control Manager at Certainteed
- Quality Engineer at Buehler Motor
- Senior Quality Engineer/Validation Lead at Becton, Dickinson and Company
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- MS Engineering Management - Engineering Management
- BS - Mechanical Engineering
Manager improvement activities across the West North Region and the four feeder yards and one terminal yard Supervise tracking of savings plan valued at $6m annually to ensure targets are met Create, track, and establish improvement plans based on industry best practices and metrics from related industries Train personnel on continuous improvement methodology and practices to embed World Class mentality
- Continuous Improvement Manager at Schnitzer Steel
- Branch Manager at NC Machinery
- Six Sigma Black Belt at NC Machinery
- CPS Black Belt / Project Coordinator at Wagner Equipment Co
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
Continuous Improvement/Lean Manager – Twin City Fan (4 Manufacturing Locations in SD
• 2019 focus is the reset of the Brookings facility (2 buildings) that will produce T3 Fans in one building and level load the main building for the high volume of T1 & T2 Fans with a reset date of August 2019
• Establish Efficiency baselines in the other 3 facilities, continuing to develop 9 Lean Champions and share “Best Practices” in all 4 facilities to improve Efficiency, utilize KPI Metrics and Increase Manufacturing output
• 2018 focus was to train all 4 Manufacturing facilities in the Lean Basics (5S, Reduction of Waste and Visual Management), establish and develop a CI department with 9 Lean Champions that have presence in all 4 facilities, develop a Lean Road Map for the CI development in a traditional Company wanting to begin the Lean Journey that requires Culture Change.
- Continuous Improvement Manager at Twin City Fan Companies, Ltd.
- Lean Coach at Gsi Malaysia
- APS/Lean Manager at GSI Group, Inc
- China plant Operation Manager at GSI Group, Inc
1 year at this Job
- Night Classes - Business
Big Tex Trailers Manufacturing Caldwell, ID
Continuous Improvement Coordinator
• Co-practitioner on three Kaizen events.
• Participant in a Kaban event at Madill, OK location.
• Leader of Lean Manufacturing at the Caldwell, Idaho Plant.
• Worked hand in hand with the Caldwell Plant Manager and Caldwell Production Manager daily.
• Emphasized the safety culture by addressing any safety opportunities.
• Led Gemba walks twice a day with management, including supervisors.
• Increased the production of the various departments, increasing overall production twice fold.
• Monitored all KPI boards, ensuring up to date, and offering how-to training.
• Participated in weekly VIP lunches and chat sessions to address issues and focus on productivity.
• Participate with the interview process of hiring new supervisors for the Caldwell Plant.
• Worked with all Plant Supervisors and Line Leads to improve leadership and morale. Big Lots Meridian, ID Assistant Store Manager
• Responsible for entire Human Resource and Customer Service Process for the store.
• Staffed the store, ensuring hiring and onboarding were done in accordance with state and company policy.
• Did all scheduling for the store.
• Performed all hiring, to include interviewing, job offers, new hire paperwork and onboarding of individuals.
• Met payroll and all budget considerations on a weekly basis.
• Monitored and kept up on all company policies and procedures.
• Drove a fast, fun and friendly environment for employees and guests alike.
• Ensure store maintained compliance with OSHA requirements - emphasis on safety. Hobby Lobby Meridian, ID Co-Manager
• Ensure all Department Leads have orders in on time each week, ensuring all orders are properly completed.
• Responsible for two departments making up 51% of store sales (Home accents and Seasonal)
• Create and follow up with daily plans maximizing staff productivity and sales.
• Had year over year increase in sales
• Supervised 4 department leads and 24 employees Kohl's Bullhead City, AZ Assistant Store Manager, Operations Target Carson City, NV Executive Team Leader, Sales Floor
- Continuous Improvement Manager at Big Tex Trailers Manufacturing
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Business Administration
- Associate of Science degree - Business Administration
Responsible at the plant level for the implementation of a Continuous Improvement program to improve efficiencies and increase capacity to meet business demand. At the corporate level, I am a member of a team that determines the methodology, goals, measures and standard work processes to be used by Ken's Foods. Our objective is to imbed a CI culture that will deliver sustainable, world class results. The McDonough site has increased OEE by 30%, is on track for a record production year and is the efficiency leader in the company. CI Manager In addition to first shift responsibilities I assumed the packaging production role and second shift team leader role on an interim basis due to attrition. As a result of developing and empowering our 10 foreman we delivered record efficiency results for the calendar year up 14.5% and a 96 SQF score. At the end of 2014 I was appointed the CI Manager position. A new role created to imbed a culture and implement work processes that will deliver sustainable "World Class" results.
- Continuous Improvement Manager at KENS FOODS
- Continuous Improvement Manager at CADBURY KRAFT
- Sanitation, Maintenance, Production & Project Manager at FRITO-LAY
- Corporate Reliability Leader at KIK INTERNATIONAL
8 years at this Job
- - Circuits & Design