Contract Drafting/ Review ¨ Negotiation ¨ Oral/ Written Communication
¨ Legal Research and Analysis ¨ Corporate Law/ Legal Synthesis ¨ Leadership
BLUE CROSS & BLUE SHIELD OF NORTH CAROLINA, Durham, NC
Senior Contract Negotiator - Finance Division, January 2018 - Present
• Prepare, draft and negotiate complex and/or technical contracts and agreements, including those that require specialized subject matter expertise, identify nonstandard business/ legal risk mitigation solutions, and coordination of multiple arrangements
• Serve as primary point of contact for senior leadership, related to contractual matters, and contract interpretation.
• Author correspondences associated with contract administration, including amendments, transmittal letters, and problem reporting and resolution
• Develop new contract template forms, procedures, training, initiatives to meet changing business needs and address new technology related concerns
• Assist in the competitive bidding process, determine vendor viability, and manage vendor relationships
• Provide enterprise impact analysis in finely crafted contract approval summations
• Lead and mentor junior level contracting professionals
- Senior Contract Negotiator - Finance Division at BLUE CROSS & BLUE SHIELD
- Contract Attorney - Electronic Discovery at LEGAL STAFFING AGENCIES/ LAW FIRMS, Raleigh
- Special Counsel at Adecco
- Contract Attorney at via Adecco
1 year at this Job
- Master of Laws in Taxation - Taxation
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
Review and negotiate various sales and sales-related agreements for on-premises and cloud-based Thomson Reuters software solutions, including master software agreements, software licensing agreements, software maintenance and service agreements, data privacy/security agreements, partner and vendor agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and service level agreements. Review and negotiate addenda related to data privacy/security (including GDPR compliance), customer mergers and acquisitions, and customer software upgrades/add-ons. Lead and coordinate process improvement projects to streamline contract review. Draft legal hold notifications to internal and external custodians of relevant documents related to the duty to preserve.
- Contract Negotiator at Thomson Reuters Elite
- Contracts Analyst at Oracle
- Associate Attorney at Walsworth Franklin Bevins & McCall, LLP
- Attorney at Contract
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Law
- BA - Psychology
Draft and negotiate multimillion-dollar sole source, fixed price, and cost-reimbursement contract actions
for subsystems, specialized countermeasures and AF supplies and services in support of the missions of Air Force Material Command and Air Force Installation Contracting Agency
• Strategically sourced, negotiated and awarded $19 million dollar Dormitory contract, which included first-ever Air Force exclusive ordering website for CONUS locations and realized cost savings of 21%
• Formulate AF price positions for use in negotiations, vital player on negotiation teams by analyzing contractor proposals and offers
• Draft pre-negotiation and post-negotiation memorandums to summarize Government cost positions entering and exiting negotiations, and the actions leading to final negotiated price
• Research federal regulations to ensure vendors comply with applicable acquisition and contract procedures
• Perform contract modifications to including adding contract clauses, extending periods of performance, updating contract provisions, and restructuring payment terms
• Conduct market research to identify potential solutions and available vendors for AF needs
• Review contract proposals to ensure responsiveness to proposals, verify cost and pricing data, and adequacy of submitted proposals
• Present acquisition overviews, negotiation plans and summaries, program updates to Contracting Chiefs and AF Commanders
• Develop solicitation terms for Request for Proposals (RFP) ensuring acquisitions needs clearly articulated, resulting in timely contract award for AF customers
- Contract Negotiator at The Department of the Air Force
- Summer Law Clerk at Progressive Casualty Insurance Co
- Legal Extern at The Center for Closing the Health Gap
- Summer Law Clerk at Thompson Hine LLP
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
- Associate in Arts in Business
• Manage the full contracts administration life cycle from concept through execution within a federal government contracting environment.
• Direct multiple contract activities, such as proposal support, contract award, post-award administration and closeout.
• Prepare correspondence and disseminate information to cross-functional staff regarding contract status, compliance, modifications, payment and closeout.
• Mitigate regulatory risks by initiating and maintaining internal contracts system information per company policy protocol.
• Conduct profitable agreement negotiations of terms and conditions, including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, and Subcontract Agreements.
• Advise program management in matters regarding legal requirements, customer specifications and government regulations.
- Contract Negotiator at Perspecta Inc
- Training Administrator at FBI Consultant
- Human Resources Generalist at Cobham Analytic Solutions dba SPARTA, Inc
- Contracts/Subcontracts Administration at CACI, Inc., Deloitte & Touche LLP, SAIC, LinQuest, Northrop Grumman and Parsons
1 year at this Job
- Human Resources Management Certificate
- B.S. - Business Management
• Ongoing support of contracts and contract modifications for dozens of international and domestic programs.
• Compliance with FAR, DFAR, TINA, and other federal regulations.
• Work closely with project management, pricing, estimating, finance and other functions to submit compliant and competitive proposals,
• Support efforts though contract negotiation, award, administration, execution, and close out.
• Interface with DCAA and DCMA to answer questions about validity and compliance of submitted proposals.
- Contract Negotiator at Lockheed Martin
- Real Estate Agent at Keller Williams Greenville Central
- Sales / Assistant Manager at The Men's Wearhouse
- Senior Customer Service Associate at The Men's Wearhouse
5 months at this Job
- B.A - Political Science
2003 - 2018)
• Procured, administered, and managed contracts for Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) funded research and development for the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) at WPAFB and other activities as directed, including processing contract modifications, enforcing contractor compliance to Federal Acquisition Regulation clauses, and initiating contract close out.
• Provided contractual guidance and regulatory direction to both AFRL technical staff and contractors
• Communicated orally and in writing project/program results and team tasking results to all levels of management, both internally and with the customers.
• Independently researched contractual problems/issues and coordinated well thought-out solutions and recommendations for ideal outcomes within appropriate timeframes
• Worked at a level of quality to routinely exceed program objectives within established agency guidelines. At same time, able to successfully prioritize and complete challenging assignments to meet program goals while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Planned and conducted functional technical activities for projects/programs by independently identifying, analyzing, and resolving complex problems, which required deviations from accepted policies or instructions, and derived multiple options to resolve issues/problems and provide well- articulated recommendations to the contracting officer/supervisor.
• Routinely demonstrated ability to work with others in acquisition team strategy scenarios, management briefings, and program reviews to reach a common objective, while exhibiting skills such as listening, communication, and cooperation to support a shared purpose.
• Proven ability to represent an assigned program at senior level meetings and interact professionally and confidently with customers, stakeholders, and outside agencies, with a customer/mission focused approach.
• Implemented efficiency and improvement initiatives as part of an acquisition team, tracked impact, and meet improvement targets.
- Contract Negotiator at AIR FORCE RESEARCH LABORATORIES
- Credit Analyst/Underwriter at KEY BANK, NA, Dayton
15 years at this Job
- M.B.A. - Finance & Health Care Management
- B.S. - Finance
• Negotiates, drafts, administers, extends, terminates and renegotiates standard and nonstandard contracts for Department of Defense and commercial customers with contract values from $100 million to over $1 Billion.
• Evaluates contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
• Maintains communications to ensure timely contract execution by the parties.
• Ensures final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
• Draft and manage software licenses
• Act as the liaison between assigned program and corporate legal department
• Plan and participate in training of contract practices and negotiations to company personnel.
• Managed over 20 proposals from RFP to final delivery and contract award
- Contract Negotiator at Lockheed Martin AGMS Orlando
- Business Law Instructor at Technical Education Center Osceola
- Personal Injury Manager at HAWM LAW, PLLC
- Contract Consultant at Butterfield and Mitchell Construction
10 months at this Job
- Doctor of Juris Prudence - Juris Prudence
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Theology
• Accountable for all aspects of Medicare and Medicaid physician recruitment and contracting as well as ad/hoc network contracting, as assigned
• Responsible for re-negotiating or negotiating solo, complex group, hospital-based and large entity physician contracts in support of network quality, availability and financial goals
• Participates in the strategic recruitment of physicians satisfying specific network goals and objectives
• Provides network development, maintenance and refinement activities and strategies in support of cross-market network management units such as Medicaid and Medicare.
• Partners across the organization to garner support for network contracting activities to ensure all aspects of operational implementation are completed on a timely and accurate basis
• Design, develop, contract, maintain and enhance relationships with facilities, physicians and ancillary providers which serve as contractual networks of care for members; foster growth of managed care products; and enhance profitability of Aetna.
• Negotiates, re-negotiates and executes physician and/or provider contracts in accordance with company standards in order to maintain and enhance provider networks while meeting and exceeding accessibility, quality and financial goals.
• May be responsible for supervising and mentoring staff
- Contract Negotiator at Provider Network Development
- Unemployed at Unemployed
- Senior Network Development Representative, Provider Operations at Universal Health Care Group
- Manager Provider Relations, Ancillary Contracting and Services at Amerigroup Community Care
5 months at this Job
• Negotiated and secured contracts by monitoring sites available contractors
• Assisted in developing and implementing policies and procedures that were applied to individual contract needs Processed all vendor request for payment, maintained the budget, performed checkruns and reconciliation of all accounts
• Maintaining time and attendance records
• All Human Resources not limited to orientation of new hires, appropriate paper work completion,
- CONTRACT NEGOTIATOR at Billing and Practice Management
- FACILITIES MANAGER at Democratic National Committee
- PROPERTY MANAGER at Meadow Green Apartments
- PROPERTY MANAGER AND BOARD SECRETARY at The Seville
10 years at this Job
- BACHELORS DEGREE - ALLIED HEALTH
• Lead assigned negotiations (physician, ancillary, and BH) and ensure that negotiations result in the unit cost targets expected while meeting the objectives of the company. For Medicaid contracts, ensured contracts were compliant with State and TDI guidelines.
• Perform complex rate analysis and financial modeling using available fee schedules (Texas Medicaid, CMS, and Payor) to best demonstrate the proposal's impact to both Superior and the provider.
• Recruit and develop provider network plan for Travis SDA, focusing emphasis on specialty gaps, all behavioral health clinicians, and ongoing PCP and OB/GYN recruitment.
• Initiate and oversee the credentialing process, providing updates to providers on status, as well as collecting any missing data elements or documents.
• Evaluate and monitor providers' performance standards and financial performance contracts.
• Facilitate and provide oversight of the provider set-up and contract configuration to ensure accurate claims adjudication.
• Provide training to office staff on claim submission as well as UM policy and procedures. Act as a liaison from Superior to provider to communicate changes in contract rates, language, and compliance as well as general policies and procedures.
• Was key in overseeing the transition of behavioral health providers from Cenpatico to Superior's management through the implementation of joinders. At the time of completion, over 6,000 behavioral health providers were affected across Texas.
• Oversaw the statewide implementation of the State's new cost settlement methodology as it related to FQHC's within Superior's network.
- Contract Negotiator at Superior HealthPlan
- Sr. Client Manager at Navitus Health Solutions
- Healthcare Advocate at Optum
- Senior Contracting Specialist at FirstCare Health Plans
3 years, 6 months at this Job