9701 Apollo Drive, Suite 445 Largo, MD 20774 United States 06/2016 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 40 Contract Specialist Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
- Contract Specialist at Business Strategy Consultants (BSC)
- Contract Specialist, Contractor at United States Coast Guard (USCG) Business Strategy Consultants, LLC
- Contract Specialist at Military Sealift Command (MSC)
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's Degree - Business Administration
Contract specialist that uses SPI system. Type contract upgrades, straight deals, consolidated contracts and reloads. Familiar with Interval International and RCI weeks and points.Process credit card applications, run closing reports for daily sales and also looking up equity calcultions for incoming clients.
- Contract Specialist at Williamsburg Plantation Resorts
- Cashier/Customer Service at Binns Fashion Shop
- Receptionist/Assistant at Christian Accounting & Business Services
- Assist customers at Diamond Resorts International
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Senior Contract Specialist for OCPO Workplace Transformation Initiative
• Manage contracts in excess of 750,000
• Responsible for writing OCPO Statements of Work(SOW)
• Provide contract support to OCPO Program Managers
• Write Market Research reports for the contracting organization
• Research and develop Independent Government Cost Estimates(IGCE)
- Contract Specialist at Department of Homeland Security
- Chief Procurement Office at Department of Homeland Security
- Contract Specialist at Department of Homeland Security
- Contract Specialist at Department of Homeland Security - Domestic Nuclear Detection Office
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- MBA - Government Procurement
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Administration
Contract Specialist; 40 Hours/Week GS-1102-11 April 2018-Present GS-1102-9 April 2017-April 2018
- Contract Specialist at
- Contract Specialist at Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Operations Coordinator at Virginia Hospital Center
- Patient Coordinator at MyEyeDr
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- M.S. - Health Promotion Management
- B.S. - Sports Science and Fitness Management
- M.S. Health Care Administration - Health Care Administration
Certified Contract Specialist, George Washington University, January 2018
- Certified Contract Specialist at George Washington University
- Contract Specialist at Office of Contracting and Procurement
- Contract Specialist at District of Columbia Government
- Active member at Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
1 year at this Job
- Doctorate degree - Leadership
- Master of Arts - Instructional Education
- BA - Criminal Justice
1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, DC, 20250 United States 05/2016 - Present Hours per week: 40 Series: 1102 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 13 Contract Specialist (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Coordinate with and provide analysis, recommendations and advice to program and technical offices during all phases of contracting; this must include requirement gathering and analysis, acquisition document preparation, acquisition process execution, proposal evaluation, award, administration and closeout. Review and comment on acquisition documents; including all acquisition strategy documents. Work with client program offices to help define and refine new or modifications to work requirements the office. Meet with the client program offices, coordinate with the COR, CO and contract specialist (CS). Assist with preparation of Statement of Work, Market Analysis, solicitation of proposals, preparation and negotiation of contracts, and the administration for contractual arrangements. Performs market research/analysis to determine availability of the requirement. Provides business advice and assistance to technical personnel involved in development of the statement of work or data requirements. Reviews procurement requests to determine whether, based on market analysis, the requirement can be performed by small businesses. Actively solicits Small Business/Small Disadvantaged Business (SB/SDB) participation and obtains subcontracting plans. Develops evaluation criteria to use in determining source selection and "best value" request for proposal which include utilization of past performance data and technical qualifications for awards other than lowest price. Conducts any necessary conferences to discuss, develop, or revise offer received. Plans and conducts negotiations on price, technical requirements, terms, and conditions of the contract. Develops and effects persuasive acquisition strategies to convince those initially opposed to agree to contractual positions. Executes post-award contract performance management actions on a group of contracts. Prepares contract termination actions and negotiates settlements including determining allowable costs, agreeing on termination inventory. Facilitate and assist with execution of market research and request for Information (RFI) for development in future government requirements. Create and maintain contract action schedules, record and report on contract actions. Utilize GSA Advantage for small purchases and services as necessary. Assist with contract modifications, workflow, tracking and close outs using PRISM tool. Analyze project requirements to provide best judgment and recommendations for program or project activities ensuring cost efficiency and execution in a timely manner. Work closely with Project Officers to plan, align and implement the execution of government funded projects, policy and procedures. Attend meetings in order to assist with presenting contract status, as required by management. Participate in working groups for process improvement as required. Supervisor: Brantt Lindsey (816)-926-1541 Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes YRCI 3877 Fairfax Ridge Road Suite 300C Fairfax, VA 22033 United States
- Contract Specialist at US Department of Agriculture
- Executive Administrator/ Contract Specialist at
- Consultant/Project Support Specialist at
- Product Management Specialist at US Army PEO EIS BIOMETRICS Division's tasks
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master's Degree
- B.A. - Organizational Management
• Acted as GSA contract specialist, supporting Federal Contracts Group, providing acquisitions for dozens of government clients.
• Handled cradle to grave contract actions, to include: Creation of BPA, solicitations, all subsequent BPA orders, modifications, de-obligations, and closeouts
• Conducted market research to select the most economical and efficient proposal, that meets all the requirements of the client agency.
• Developed acquisition plans, covering the scope of the initial costs, life cycle of systems procured, as well as maintenance costs.
• Conducted strategic planning briefings to upper management.
• Acted as sole point of contact between government and contractor
• Provided strategic analysis to upper management
- Contract Specialist at Department of the Interior
- Procurement Specialist at US Army Reserves
- Contract Specialist - Deloitte (Contractor) at
- Contract Specialist at ImmixGroup
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Government Contracts and Acquisition BAS
- Associates Degree - Information Technology AAS
Process new business contracts, ensuring all of the data is entered into the system accurately and quickly. Work with the internal teams to coordinate the new dealer launches. Point of contact for Contracts Inquiries and troubleshoot any contract nuances. Provide high quality customer service to Sales Team in regards to new accounts. Assist in training of new contractors.
• Contributing to the creation of effective and efficient Contract Specialist workflows.
• Deadline driven and organized to make SLAs and Sales expectations are met.
- Contract Specialist at Edmunds.com
- Event Coordinator/ Stylist at Kreative Approach PR
- Customer Service Representative at Lorna Jane
- Assistant Store Manager at Skin Laundry
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- In Progress - Fashion Mechandising
•Serve as a Contract Specialist for the Department of Veterans Affairs, in the supply team conducting solicitation analysis, negotiation, awarding and administration of groups of contracts, such as definite quantity, indefinite quantity, indefinite delivery, multi-year, option year, direct vendor supply, and Federal Supply Schedules.
•Prepare and manage range of contracts which includes: Construction, supply and A&E contracts, devising acquisition strategy, draft and finalizing Statement of Work (SOW), sole-sources determinations, Request for Proposals, Quotes preparation, Blanket Purchase Agreements, GSAS schedule Buys and reviewing offers upon receipt from contractors, determining competitive range, and cost and price analysis, negotiation, risk assessment, source selection.
•Assigned to the Service Area West to handle purchase request, modifications, and contracts for the assigned construction contracts.
•Have worked with Contracting Officers on purchase order and contracts totaling over $8.5million to qualified vendors.
•Ensuring that received proposal conforms to the solicitation request.
•Conduct pre-proposal and bid conference(s) to arrive at a clear understanding of what is required under the proposed contract. Serves as adviser to program officials in procurement planning.
•Issues necessary amendments to clarify questions concerning such topics as specification changes, language ambiguities, or clarification of contact clauses.
•Conduct market research and assembling supporting documentation to resolution and making quality recommendation.
•Recommend contract award to contracting officer, issues contractual modifications, incorporation of changes, exercise of options and contract closeout.
•Gained knowledge and hands-on experience of pre-award and post-award procedures, also in conducting procurement processes from the development of a concept of a requirement, through contract delivery.
•Developed a foundation of basic knowledge and experience in the field of acquisition.
•Participated in a combination of activities and training, and gained knowledge of commonly used contracting methods and contract types relating to the performance of the contract process.
•Obtained an understanding of the similarities and differences between private and public sector acquisitions.
•Increased skills understanding to achieve excellent customer service, success in a teaming environment, and techniques for problem solving as it pertains to acquisitions.
•Attended an introductory ECMS class gaining entry level knowledge about the way the contract data is entered.
•Successfully completed FAR Overview course gaining basic understanding of the federal acquisition environment, including the structure of the federal government, identifying the basic principles of federal government contracting and using the FAR and VAAR to locate, cite, and interpret specific information.
•Identified policies and procedures utilizing the FAR for acquisition planning.
•Assisted others in understanding assignments work by leading and being part of team groups and sessions, and providing peers with one on one assistance.
•Defined unauthorized commitments; discussed the causes, consequences, and prevention as well as the ratification process.
•Engaged in activities associated with preparing for award of the contract, verification of funding, required vendor notifications, contract administration, and contract closeout.
•Provided and overview of the many complexities of procurement while providing support to our Veterans and their Dependents.
•Discussed the evaluation of proposals received in response to solicitation; topics included technical evaluation, past performance evaluation, cost/price analysis, and negotiations.
•Gained knowledge of the overall procurement process, from procurement planning to the various components of procurement package, including the Integrated Product Team.
•Received training in the areas of the procurement solicitation process and the various activities associated with identifying potential vendor sources and managing the solicitation procedures.
•Achieved a greater understanding of the procurement package in greater detail, and gained experience on various components of the package, such as the Independent Government Cost Estimate, Technical Evaluation Factors; and the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan.
•Effectively utilized E-mail and Instant Messaging on a regular occurrence with supervisors, instructors and peers.
•Engaged in training on how to perform Simplified Acquisition Procedures.
•Attended various leadership, procurement, and ethics presentations required for the Contract Specialist Trainee position.
•Prepared and delivered speeches, reports, and presentations on various business topics related to federal contracting.
•Acquired experience with commonly used contracts used contracts and clauses, methods and pertinent regulatory and guideline material sufficient to perform assignments of an advanced trainee nature for which there are clear precedents.
•Demonstrated the ability to meet stringent deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
•Performed market research and learned new ways to conduct research both electronically, and manually.
•Gained work experience and training illustration an acquired knowledge of pre-award and post-award procedures to plan and conduct the contracting process from the description of the requirements through contract delivery.
•Trained on different contract types (fixed price, cost reimbursement, time and materials, labor-hour, letter contract, indefinite delivery type, basic agreement) and how to submit recommendations to contract officers and specialists.
•Participated in developing an appropriate solicitation package that meets all requirements of status and regulations; in response to the government’s needs.
•Received formal training regarding higher graded Contract Specialists and Contracting Officers responsibilities in the administration of contracts as well as related actions such as protests, For claims or mistakes, disputes, defaults, terminations, wage determinations, labor matters, contract financing, bankruptcy priorities and allocations of materials, matters relating to the equal opportunity, small business and labor surplus area programs, contractor failure to comply with contract requirements, matters involving suspension or debarment of contractors, and actions involving fraud of suspicion of fraud.
•Trained on the differences between tactical and strategic market research and how to consolidate market research results to develop an acquisition strategy.
•Received module training describing a disciplined seven step process for the acquisition of services, using the requirements roadmap process to define high level objectives and tasks, standards, allowable variations, and method of inspection.
- Contract Specialist at Department of Veterans Affairs
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - business administration
The contract specialist oversees the set up and compliance management of all contracted service providers, around 150 active contracts. Specific duties include:
• Administered and managed contract process to over 200 vendors, making legal terminology and insurance requirements approachable to a wide variety of external contacts.
• Wrote, created, and developed the handbook for contract support.
• Worked closely with finance and clinical teams to ensure all billing and documentation accurately matched contracted services, rates, and hours.
• Assisted Director of Client and Provider Relations in certifying comprehensive contract compliance by all external service providers.
• Collaborated with IT department to implement vendor database and contract reporting capabilities.
• Maintained current vendor database and external contact information.
• Educated and assisted clinical team and service providers with contract process and insurance documentation clarification as needed.
• Continuously monitored, validated, and certified vendor insurance coverage documentation for contract compliance.
• Served as back-up to accounts receivable specialist.
- Contract Specialist at NEURO COMMUNITY CARE
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Divinity in Christian Ministry - Divinity
- Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies - Religious Studies