Duration Aug 2018 - Present
Industry Manufacturing Plant
Project Description 2GT and 3 GT Control System Support for Johnson & Johnsion Vision Inc, .
Role Control System Engineer
Responsibilities / Deliverables
• Support for 2nd Generation and 3rd Generation Control Systems using HMIs/PLCs.
• Collaboration with various clients.
• Profibus Graphic design in Wonderware SCADA
• Epson G Series Robots software issues troubleshooting.
• Liasoning with Offshore team.
• Testing of MQTT application
• Performance improvements on the HMIs.
• Usage of Kepware, Devicewise and Archestra.
- Control System Engineer at Tata Consultancy Services
- Solution Consultant for Industrial Control Systems at International Society for Automation
- Detail Engineering Services for ICS Projects in Instrumentation Team at Instrumentation Team
- Detail Engineering Services for ICS Projects in Instrumentation Team at Consolidated Contractors Company Intl - UAE
5 months at this Job
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering Technology - Engineering Technology
- Diploma in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering - Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
• Member of the research & development team in Secure Drilling Services (SDS) & Closed-Loop Drilling.
• Supporting and developing the Microflux Control System & PressurePro Control System. This system is related to Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) which uses a closed loop system to determine the downhole pressure limits, manage the annular pressure profile, and detects incoming kicks or losses.
• Developed the logic for this system using National Instruments PLC Platform with Real Time Operating System and NI LabVIEW Software.
• Designing, developing, and applying control system theory to develop algorithms that aid in real-time decision making.
• Programming data acquisition and control software by gathering requirements, selecting existing technologies and developing new technologies.
• Conceiving, designing and implementing automation projects related to closed loop drilling and drilling automation.
• Compiling new software revisions by incorporating bug fixes and updates to existing code.
• Developing systems which control & monitor hydraulic choke or electric choke manifolds, mud pumps, Coriolis flow meters, surface back pressure, surface pipe pressure, annular pressure profile, etc. in order to determine the status and manage the pressure of the well.
• Using MATLAB and the real-time data from the PLC to determine the hydraulic model of the well.
• Designing and programming hardware-in-the-loop simulation for testing existing control system and software code.
• Providing input into a variety of R&D projects relating to Managed Pressure Drilling and drilling optimization.
- Control System Engineer at Weatherford International Ltd
- Technical Support Specialist at Controls, Weatherford International Ltd
- Electrical Design Engineer at Quest Global
- Electrical Design Engineer at Adecco
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Electrical Engineering
DCS Logic Implementation on Honeywell Control System ( Experion PKS
• ESD Logic Implementation on Honeywell Control System ( Safety Builder)
• FGS Logic Implementation on Honeywell Control System ( Safety Builder)
• Software Documents Generation ( FDS, Loop Wiring, FAT Procedure, DCS & ESD & FGS Control Philosophy, )
• HMI Pages Generation on Honeywell Control System
• DCS & ESD & FGS Connection Detail Generation
- Honeywell Control System Engineer at Honeywell Control System
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- M.Sc. in Electrical Control Engineering - Radome Effect Compensation
- Diploma in Mathematics and Physics - Mathematics and Physics
- B.Sc. in Control Engineering - Control Engineering
Designed and analyzed a variety of complex precision-pointing control systems using myriad control and Digital Signal Processing (DSP) concepts and analysis methods - Wrote flight code related to system control and protective measures; validated algorithms using desktop and hardware-in-the-loop simulators - Created multiple software tools in a variety of programming languages to extract, process, and analyze data in order to discern underlying trends and patterns - Developed multiple 6 degree-of-freedom simulation packages - Coordinated and led GNC tasks related to the Assembly, Integration, and Testing (AI&T) of space vehicles that rely on the precise interaction of hardware and software; thoroughly troubleshot systems - Developed system requirements, verif ication methods, and test procedures - Performed a multitude of analyses based on fundamental principles ranging from simple (back-of- the-envelope) calculations to complex, stochastic modeling/simulations - Supported multiple satellite launches and post-launch support tasks; developed supporting documentation and led others through launch training - Knowledgeable of intricate attitude control, orbit adjust, and momentum management systems - Worked with subcontractors to ensure that sub-components work and are delivered within cost, schedule, and specif ication constraints - Clearly and meticulously documented analysis procedures and results; provided clear reports to program leadership Leadership Experience: - Led teams in project analysis and development tasks as well as through multiple software database audits - Led teams through critical alignments and component testing Operations Experience: - Green-belt certif ied; facilitated several Structured Improvement Activities (SIA)
- Senior Software Engineer/Control System Engineer at Lockheed Martin Space Systems
12 years, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Management Science and Engineering
- BS - Mechanical Engineering
· Managed a team of 15 employees to the completion of different projects for customers such as Union Pacific, CSX, BNSF, and other international locomotives · Organize and helped writing procedures to help employees on how to test on the simulators. · Execute validation tests using client Hardware-In-The-Loop (HIL) simulators and/or actual Locomotive (Simulator Hardware & Software includes: VME, VXI, PXI, LabVIEW, MATLAB / Simulink / State flow) · Mentor new team members in testing and detailing documents · Develop formal documentation throughout the project lifecycle and report in compliance with the design review management and action tracking system · Identify defects, perform root cause analysis and recommend necessary design changes required to complete successful validation · Interface with peer groups and develop continuous improvements in the overall test process
- Senior/Manager Control system Engineer at Quest Global, Inc.
- Lab Manager Assistant at Gannon University
- Teacher Assistant at Electrical Engineering Program, Gannon University
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
• Project lead for Unified Battery Model(UBM) model ◦ Lead multidisciplinary team meetings. ◦ Interact with internal customers, resolve modeling issues. ◦ Develop and implement project roadmaps.
• Design algorithms for displays and gauges of hybrid/electric vehicles. Battery Cell Design Release Engineer
• Responsible for the definition of requirements, design, analysis, development and control of Li-Ion battery cells.
• Led multidisciplinary meetings.
• Performed periodically program and design status review presentations for company senior management and directors.
• Ensured battery cells meet program deliverables and imperatives.
• Supported DFMEA, DRBFM, PFMEA and DRBTR activities.
• Responsible for strategic planning between suppliers and Chinese joint venture company.
- Senior Control System Engineer at GENERAL MOTORS COMPANY
- PRODUCT LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT ENGINEER at ROBERT BOSCH LLC, Automotive After Market Division
- Electronic component sourcing engineer at MOLEX INCORPORATED
- Materials engineer at LUXCORE NETWORKS
5 years at this Job
- MS - Electrical Engineering
- MS - Chemistry
Building Control System Engineer tasked with control software integration and troubleshooting of HVAC and Security systems. Also tasked with maintaining windows servers both physical and virtualized
- Building Control System Engineer / Specialist Service Technician at Honeywell Building Solutions
- o Information Technology Technician II tasked at Regional School Unit #3
- o Manufacturing Engineer at Elmet Technologies LLC
- Manufacturing Engineering Technician at UTC Fire & Security
7 months at this Job
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering Technology
Process: Frac Sand processing at a surface mine. This position I work with multiple plants in the Texas area (Voca, Crane, Lamesa&Tyler) My main role is I&E Lead at the Voca plant located outside of Brady Texas. USSilica's plants consist of Allen Bradley PLC Systems with Wonderware HMI. In my role I'm in charge of configuring and expanding the Industrial Control Systems to meet changes in the market. This past year I have worked on a project to convert 5 SSC to VFD's, adding a Feed Forward control loop at Lamesa and Crane plant and design for a wet scrubber at the Tyler plant. In my 20+ year career, I have worked on designing, building, and integrating various types of PLC/HMI/SCADA based control systems with historical data acquisition. I am proficient in Allen Bradley, Modicon, Siemens, ScadaPack, GE Fanuc and DirectLogic PLC/HMI systems. I have integrated the PLC/HMI's with Intouch/Wonderware, NI Lookout, RSViewSE/ME/32 and GE's iFix SCADA systems. I have an expertise in Soft Starts and VFD's such as, Square D, Allen Bradley, Danfoss, Emerson, Eaton, ABB and TB Woods. I am also knowledgeable in radio and modem communication for various types of systems such as MDS, Motorola, Data-radio, Freewave, Datalink and Esteem. (Licensed and Unlicensed systems) I have also installed, designed and configured various types of communication systems. Including but not limited to Industrial Ethernet with Fiber Optic backbone and or wireless Ethernet backbone.
- I & E Lead Control System Engineer at USSilica
- Controls Engineer / Control System Design at GE Oil and Gas
- Process Controls Engineer / Instrument Tech at Crouch Industries/KST Electric/Rosendin Electric
5 years at this Job
• Configures programs and supports systems used for measurement, alarm management, automation, control, and data acquisition of natural gas facilities. This includes, but is not limited to, SCADA, measurement and network systems implemented at Mobile Gas. Position may also provide support to affiliates or 3rd parties outside of business unit as required.
• Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots software and network issues related to supported applications. Assists USGP IT in monitoring and troubleshooting activities related to SCADA server and workstation hardware, performance, network infrastructure and security. Performs basic user administration rights and access additions, changes and deletions. Assists USGP IT in quality control of the SCADA database and enforces operational and IT standards. Ensure compliance with regulatory standards associated with PHMSA and Department of Transportation requirements.
• Configures and commissions new SCADA devices and communications equipment. Bench tests and repairs field equipment as needed. Maintains spare parts for SCADA telemetry equipment. Provides hardware and software support to field technicians and other departments relating to SCADA.
• Provides daily technical support for SCADA system data and telemetry information used for system control and electronic billing and for measurement validation software used for electronic billing and system balance. Implements and maintains HMI Graphics, reports and applications for use by Gas Control and field technicians.
• Provides application-level support for Operations-based applications such as (but not limited to) GIS and CAD.
• Responsible for reporting issues to appropriate management, maintaining change management, SDLC documentation, department governance and management communication consistent with department policies and procedures. Provides O&M/capital project support and development. Available for after-hours support as required in response to system issues.
• Strong knowledge of SCADA and electrical applications, codes and regulations.
• Comprehensive experience with server and workstation networking and administration.
• Working knowledge of RTU equipment, programming, communications systems and technology, SQL, ODBC and Visual Basic applications, virtual machine software.
• Ability to read, write and interpret work related documents.
• Ability to apply complex mathematical concepts to work related operations.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
• Ability to carry out detailed instructions and problem solving.
• Ability to produce and maintain documentation consistent with company & department policy
- SCADA Control System Engineer at Mobile Gas
- Field Engineer Senior at L-3 Communications
- Field Engineer Senior at General Dynamics
- Field Engineer Senior at Lockheed Martin PTDS Aerostat
3 years at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Leadership
- - technology
- certificate - Intelligence Community
• Developing an improved HMI unit for the Mobile Launcher resulting in greater ergonomics and functionality
• Updating CAD drawings of the HMI for proper documentation and correct machining
• Writing PLC ladder logic and associated graphical user interfaces to test the new HMI
• Ensure new components meet NASA standards, and support the readiness level for transition from EM-1 to EM-2, through functional testing, both in procedural write-up and execution
- HMI Display Control System Engineer at NASA
- Intern at (MBSE Dept), Engineering Methods AG
- at Technische Universität Darmstadt
- Railgun Project Undergraduate Researcher at Virginia Tech
5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering
- A.S. - Engineering