Senior Control Systems Engineer - Wheatstone LNG Resident Lead Control Systems Engineer Engineer - Lumut Malaysia Information Management - Wheatstone LNG Senior Control Systems Engineer - Angola LNG Senior Control Systems Engineer - Blind Faith
- Senior Control Systems Engineer at Bechtel Power
- Instrumentation & Controls Consultant at ABB, DNV & USCG
- Senior Hardware Engineer at Invensys Operations Management
- Senior Control Systems Engineer at Bechtel Power
4 years at this Job
- MSCE - Computer Engineering
- BSEE - Electrical Engineering
Controls Systems Engineer interprets and applies codes, standards and customer design requirements in the preparation of Control Systems design products such as P&IDs, Logic Diagrams, Probability of Failure on Demand (PFD) calculations, and Setpoint calculations. Also, Control Systems Engineer develops, reviews and coordinates technical documents with suppliers, other disciplines and customers. These technical documents include Supplier Datasheets, Commercial Grade Dedication (CGD) reports, and Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) Reports.
- Control Systems Engineer at Bechtel National Inc
- College Tutor at Pellissippi State Community College
- Undergraduate Student Assistant at University of Tennessee
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nuclear Engineering
Accepted a position as a Control Systems engineer, responsible for all control systems work and worked on the completion stages of the revamp of a polyethylene project in the area, checking the documents that were completed in the home office in Baton Rouge. The work was complicated in that the crew doing the engineering work was in Baton Rouge and had not seen the jobsite. I was expected to think aqlong side the B-R crew while trying to develop plans in the field. It was difficult at times, but once we were on the same page, troubles went away and the design work was completed.
- Control Systems engineer at ECI International
- ESL Instructor at Sacred Heart Catholic Church
- Outside manufacturer auditor at Factory Mutual Approvals
- "Guest" Services Supervisor at Retired
5 months at this Job
- Did not finish - Geology
- High school - General studies
- High school - General studies
- BS Honorary degree
- AAS Honorary degree
1. Control systems engineer for designing task description of conventional boilers, HRSG and also all related instrumentation in combined cylce power plant 2. As a supervisior in control engineering section
- Control Systems Engineer at MAPNA Group
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master's - Electrical engineering ( control)
• Responsible for configuration, programming, designing, developing and commissioning control systems for Honeywell Experian, Allen Bradley Control Logix
• Lead field commissioning group in loop functionality and structure for client Production / Operation group
• Lead MOC document change / s for field updates
• Assigned the tasks of developing automated control systems like equipment and programmable logic controllers
• Process control and safety instrumented system assignments
• Perform Operation training on the newly installed DCS systems
• Ensured compliance with regulations as well as developed new business proposals
• Handled the responsibilities of developing hardware architecture like sensors, CPU's, I/O, and cabling
• Responsible for solving system problems and managing the operation of systems
• Performed other related tasks as assigned under the instructions of Senior Control System Engineer
• Researched and documented requirements for completion of small projects. This includes Instrument specification sheets, bills of materials and complete written description of how to assemble, complete many various projects.
- Control Systems Engineer at JD Controls
- Control Systems Engineer at Preferred Engineering
- Controls Systems Engineer at Contech Controls Services
- Controls Systems Engineer at Houston Controls
1 year at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - Instrumentation Technology
• Design electrical control systems
•Specify all associated sensors and actuators
•Design, develop, debug the controls software that captures data from all of the sensors/external periphery for evaluation and provides outputs to actuators, drives, servos, valves, process devices, computer systems, and other specialized equipment used for manufacturing energetic materials for the Department of Defense a. The energetic materials are extremely dangerous high explosives and propellants of varying degrees of volatility, intensity, and stability from raw ingredients to finished product which are later installed into various weapon systems and other destructive devices used in defense applications by the United States Government
• Collaborate closely with Chemical Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Cvil Engineers, and Process Engineers to provide safest possible design given the latest state of the art technology that meets customer requirements always placing an emphasis on reliability, very long life cycles(>50 years), system security, throughput, product quality, personnel safety, environmental respect, energy conservation, and resource conservation
• Develop written requirements for incorporation into the statement of work document for US Government
• Develop standardized policy and procedure for control systems
• Develop standardized IO/Instrument checkout and qualification procedures for control systems
• Develop and/or review control systems narratives
• Develop and oversee common procedures and standardize best practices
• Implement formal software peer review process
• Create bill of materials with all associated data sheets for all control system panel components, wiring components, network components, motors, actuators, pumps, servos, HVAC equipment, air compressors, air processing and conditioning systems, and other various process instrumentation
• Develop and implement configuration control for all software systems
• Plan the development and implementation of process control systems
• Provide technical direction and leadership to a team of control systems engineers
• Develop project implementation and commissioning plans
• Review designs and technical documents for accuracy and quality
• Review project estimates, plans, and subcontract scopes of work for quality and accuracy
• Support project teams to develop, implement, and commission large modernization projects 2m-220m
• Develop and/or review software for PLC based control systems
• Develop statement of work and basis of estimate with rationale for my area of expertise for subcontractors and internal use
• Develop technical specifications, parameters, and interface boundaries for subcontractors and internal workers to use as a guide through design and build process
• Develop hazard analyses of both new and existing processes
• Attend change review board meetings when needed
• Participate in engineering change management review meetings
• Provide onsite direction and support for skilled trades workers performing work
• Support existing plant operations with troubleshooting complex electromechanical systems and provide software development and electrical engineering services when needed
- Principal Control Systems Engineer at BAE Systems
- Director of Technology Operations and Engineering at Control System Integrators
- Engineering Supervisor at Android Industries
- Corporate Controls Engineer at Android Industries
1 year, 8 months at this Job
Assumed the role of Senior Principal Site PCS Engineer assigned to Central Utilities October 2018. Responsibilities include continuous process improvement and GMP compliance of Central Utilities electrical, instrumentation and control systems. This encompassed the IFIX SCADA system, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), instrumentation and electrical for site refrigeration plants, boiler houses, compressed dry air facility and Water for Injection (WFI) plant. Performed Arc Flash and Breaker Coordination studies using SKM PTW32 software. Assigned as Project Electrical Engineering Lead for the site new Compressed Dry Air (CDA) building. Principal Plant PCS Engineer responsible for API instrumentation and control systems which include; Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Building Automation Systems (BAS) and Distributed Control Systems (BAS). Maintained process control systems in compliance through system backups, periodic system and user access reviews. Initiated and completed 42 change control workflows to correct or enhance operational reliability. Specified and upgraded obsolete Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) and in partnership with reliability specified ground brush rings to prolong motor bearing life. Specified, upgraded and revalidated obsolete PLCs. Specified and managed the installation of a 480V UPS system for critical pump systems. Provided engineering support for Capital Projects. Provided technical and troubleshooting assistance for DCS, BAS and PLC issues, cleaning studies and process development. Provided support for discrepancy investigations and completed assigned Corrective and Preventative Action Plans (CAPA) on time.
- Process Control Systems Engineer at Bayer Healthcare
- Instrumentation and Electrical Technician at PE Berkeley Inc
- Electronics Technician at BP Solar, Inc
- Instrumentation Specialist at C & H Sugar
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Advanced electronics and electronic circuitry. Integrated circuit design and troubleshooting.
- - Operation and maintenance of nuclear reactor plants and steam plants. Graduates of NPTU are qualified nuclear operators and continue on to serve in the fleet.
- - Pressurized-water Naval nuclear power plant, including reactor core nuclear principles, heat transfer and fluid systems, plant chemistry and materials, mechanical and electrical systems, and radiological control.
- - Communications Suite (SATCOM, HF receiver / transmitter), 2D Surface radar transmitters / receivers, Radar Display.
- - Basic electronics and electronic circuitry, safety, digital theory, microcomputers, fiber optics, test equipment and troubleshooting techniques.
Responsible for the continuous support of Energy Management System (EMS) and Advanced Distribution Management
System (ADMS) modeling and applications.
● Develops or enhances applications to provide new functionalities for Distribution Dispatching and Real-time Operations (RTO) in the control center.
● Provide detailed electrical power grid analysis information in diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving problems with the EMS and ADMS applications.
● Support the development and maintenance of the EMS & ADMS network models. Tests EMS & ADMS network models and software changes to ensure that network applications produce consistent and credible results.
● Work with Operators and other Engineers in analyzing power grid operation scenarios for secure and reliable operations.
● Perform factory or site testing for upgrades to any of the various systems that the Control Systems team is responsible for, work with companies such as ERCOT, ABB, Siemens or Oracle to develop, update and improve our systems
- Control Systems Engineer at CenterPoint Energy
- Information Systems Manager at Minnesota Daily
- Electrical Engineer Intern at PaR Systems
- Electrical Engineer Intern at CCJM
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering
Daily control system support of Sulfur/Distillation/Blending/Utilities Units
• Lead on Tank Gauging replacement Project
• Facilitator on Alarm Management Rationalization in support Areas
• Configured Experion systems and cut-over from TDC legacy systems
• Support configuration on capital and expense projects.
- Senior Control Systems Engineer at Phillips 66 Woodriver Refinery
- Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineer at Worley Parsons
- Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineer at ConocoPhillips Project Development
- Control Systems Engineer at ConocoPhillips Los Angeles Refinery
7 years, 2 months at this Job
Recognized as a leader in the controls industry: selected as a member of the Foxboro user group steering committee ◦ Recognized as a leader within Galloway: responsible to train, develop, and mentor new engineers, co-ops, and interns ◦ Led and managed project to install a new $1.5MM pasteurizer * Increased plant capacity by 30% * Met difficult deadline of eight months from initial concept to production ready while maintaining project budget * Managed all trades starting with the bid process through end of construction * Programmed one-button start-up and fully automated operation of process ◦ Identified, initiated, and executed a project to upgrade the instrumentation and controls on the evaporator process * $250,000 budget, resulted in equal amount of cost savings within one year * Eliminated downtime risk of operating with 30 year old instrumentation and controls ◦ Led, managed, and engineered all aspects of various automated dairy process projects, examples include: CIP systems, sugar unloading, control systems upgrades, dairy tanks ◦ Provided daily support to plant operations; implemented continuous improvements to reduce re-occurring issues ◦ Developed systems to generate dashboards from process data to monitor KPIs
- Control Systems Engineer at Galloway
- Process Engineering Supervisor at Curwood/Bemis
- at Curwood/Bemis
- Plant Mechanical Engineer at Curwood/Bemis
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor's - Mechanical Engineering