Troubleshooting and designing control systems using Allen Bradley and DirectLogic PLCS Field instrumentation troubleshooting and calibration Networking setup and configuration Communication configuration via fiber optics, ethernet, and radios. Built strong relationships with clients Electrical Drawings - P&ID, Ladder Logic, Loop Diagrams VFD setup, configuration, and testing Wastewater Plant control experience Pharmaceutical Cleanroom control experience HMI, Ignition, C-More Touchscreens
- Control Systems Engineer at Kore Systems
- ENGINEER I at Shaw Environmental
- TECHNICIAN at US Navy
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- - Engineering Internship
• Engineer, maintain, and design detailed mechanical automatic temperature control systems and building automation systems drawings using AutoCAD software to meet customer specifications.
• Utilize Alerton BACnet systems to interface with Modbus TCP, RS-485, and RS232.
• Provide routine information and support to field questions, analyze product field failures, and recommend remediation.
• Troubleshoot and resolve any issues that arise between automatic temperature control drawings created and conditions found in the field. 1999 - 2002 2003 - 2003
- Control Systems Engineer at PASCO Building Automation Systems
- Laboratory Engineer at Carrier Corporation Carlyle Compressor Division
11 years at this Job
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering Technology
- A.A.S. - Mechanical Engineering Technology
• Brown & Root Inc. Houston, TX Senior I/C Engineer worked on the detailed design of instrumentation, installation details. Performed bid evaluations and HAZOPS.
• Gibbs & Hill Inc. Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant, Dallas, TX Senior I/C Engineer functioned as Technical Lead overseeing the work of 15 Instrument Engineers in the department, writing procedures, and monitoring production. Checked Instrumentation compliance with specifications. Interfaced with client. Conducted comprehensive quality/engineering assessments of project documentation to ensure compliance to regulatory and internal company design requirements.
• Bechtel Corporation Houston, TX
• 1250 megawatt, $5.8 billion, 2-unit South Texas Nuclear Project: Seismic & Environmental qualification of safety related equipment, application of NUREG- 0800, 0588, Regulatory Guide 1.89, NUREG-0588 and IEEE 323-74, 344-75 & 627-80 for analyzing and classifying the various 1E equipment and instrumentation. Worked on plant computer. Worked on P&IDs, instrument index, Sampling system logics, and Feedwater & Auxiliary feedwater systems.
• Paloverde Nuclear Power Plant: Phoenix, AZ Implementation of design change packages, providing direction to junior engineers and craft personnel.
• Cogeneration and Fossil Projects:
• Cool Water Coal Gasification Cogeneration Project
• Gazlan 3&4 400-megawatt oil-fired Power Plants, Jumaya, Saudi Arabia
- Senior Control Systems Engineer at
at this Job
Currently working on US DoE projects Worked on different Renewable, Fossil and Solar projects including Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System, Prairie State Energy Center and Generation mPower. As a controls System Engineer, responsible for different systems including Feed water system, Boiler feed pump, feed pump turbine and its' auxiliaries, ID Fan and its' auxiliaries, Circulating Water System, Circulating Water Chemical Injection, Circulating Water System Component Cooling Heat Sink, Turbine Building Cooling System, Condensate Polisher and Feed Water Chemical Injection. Developed logic, for above mentioned systems, in ISA 5.1 format and developed graphics for the same. Supported Budget Estimation with instruments, valves, tubing and I/O quantities based on P&IDs and experience from other project. Responsible for supporting Mechanical Engineers with locating valves and instrumentation on P&IDs, writing System Design Descriptions. Supported plant design by reviewing piping isometrics for locating valves & instruments and ensuring appropriate slopes, upstream & downstream straight runs. Also responsible for populating SPI database. Responsible for design, review and purchasing of steam conditioning valves, severe service valves, desuperheaters, steam temperature control valves and dumptubes. Specified technical requirements for the valves and its' auxiliaries (e.g. Hydraulic Oil Skid), prepared datasheets and performed sizing calculations for the valves. Co-ordinated with purchasing department for procurement of the same. Also performed Factory Acceptance Tests at vendor shop. Reviewed and approved vendor drawings to ensure technical and contractual compliance for products referenced above. Also responsible for specifying technical requirement for DCS simulator, verifying simulator modeled equipment with P&IDs and general arrangement drawings, and reviewing and approving vendor drawings. Developed DCS graphics using vendor software, conducted Factory Acceptance test for DCS hardware and software on Emerson Ovation DCS, Siemens SPPA-T3000. Developed network diagram connecting all plant PLCs and motor management relays using managed switches.
- Sr. Control Systems Engineer at Bechtel
- Sr. Controls Engineer at Black and Veatch Co
- Senior Applications Engineer at Honeywell
- at Honeywell
10 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering
Responsible for revising/modifying/approving for construction of all Electrical/P&ID
drawings related to the installation of a 256MW, 6ea GE Gas Turbines Power Plant.
• Reviewed and specified the cable schedule for the entire plant. Revised and updated the Allen-Bradley PLC5 control code (RSLOGIX5). Also revised and updated the Wonderware HMI control screens.
• Designed the IT infrastructure of the power plant, including the redundant fiber optic cable system. Reviewed and redesigned the BOP system for the new power plant.
• Provided hands-on electrical/instrumentation engineering while mentoring less experienced engineers and technicians.
• Designed the interface between the power plant (13.8KV) and the switchyard (138KV) systems taken in consideration the required lockout protection relays.
• Engineered and designed the instrumentation systems for facility measurement and control, including field instruments, control valves, pressure safety devices, station/unit control, emergency systems control, alarm/security systems, etc.
• Designed and approved for construction of the control systems drawings for several CLASS1 DIV1 Horizontal Slug Catcher Skid (CONOCO-PHILLIPS, OXY-Permian, MARATHON, etc.). Deep understanding of the CONOCO-PHILLIPS General Specification Electrical Design requirements. 1
- Control Systems Engineer at BTEC Turbines LLC
- at Laserweld Inc
- V.P. Engineering at Partner Pak Inc
- Chief Technology Officer at Dorn SPE Inc
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- MBA - Technology Management
- Bachelor's - Bachelor Science Business – Information Systems (BSB-IS)
- Bachelor - Electronics Engineering Technology
- - Electrical Engineering Technician
Houston, TX 2017-Present William Jacob Management is a leading consultancy and engineering company that plans, develops and executes large, technically-complex onshore and offshore projects. Senior Control Systems Engineer - Subsea Subject Matter Expert (SME) Provided Project Management and forensic engineering studies for topside/subsea onshore/offshore oil & gas production control systems. All instrumentation, electrical and controls inspection and studies.
- Senior Control Systems Engineer - Subsea Subject Matter Expert (SME) at WJM, Inc
- Senior E, I & Controls Engineer - Engineering Management at Dotson Engineering
- Lead Control Systems & Umbilical Engineer for Chevron Malange FEED Study at Doris, Inc
- Lead Controls Systems Engineer at Onesubsea, Inc
2 years at this Job
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering Technology - Electrical Engineering Technology
- Associates of Applied Science degree in Electrical Power Technology - Electrical Power Technology
Responsibilities Develop control strategies for refrigeration systems using Allen-Bardley RSLogix 5000 and OPTO22 platforms. Support Field Engineers when performing installation and commisioning of refrigeration control systems. Provide customer support to fine tune refrigeration control system for optimum operations Accomplishments Developed control strategies for full automation of Auto Demand Response equipment and interfaces Skills Used Multitasking Analytical Critical thinking Design Logical thinking Responsibility Testing Work in a Multi-Disciplinary Team
- Control Systems Engineer at VaCom Technologies
- Industrial Electrician at Punch Press Products
6 years, 4 months at this Job
- M.S. - Electrical Engineering
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering
- A.A. - Electrical Construction and Maintenance
- Control Systems Engineer at Control Devices
at this Job
- Master's - electrical engineering
• Troubleshoot and maintain Nuclear Command and Control Computer Systems
• Conducts risks and vulnerability assessments of installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
• Maintains a comprehensive quality assurance program for diverse platforms that covers, file backup and recovery, equipment maintenance, and quality control of systems processing and outputs.
• Perform cryptographic device uploads and updates.
• Provide circuit status reporting, analysis, maintenance and troubleshooting
• Configure cryptographic equipment ensuring proper signal flow through circuits.
• Perform maintenance and updates on Linux Servers
• Respond to user requests telephonically or using Altiris ticketing system.
• Install, arrange, upgrade, and wire new equipment (routers, Pcs, Servers, laptops, crypto devices) in Data Center
• Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and commend solutions.
• Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and /or applications development teams to restore service and/or identify and correct problems.
• Identify and reserve Computers being assigned to the network through DHCP.
• Imaging of Computers and configuring of their BIOS. The Pentagon/Joint Chief of Staff 1400 Defense Pentagon,
- Command and Control Systems Engineer at The Pentagon/Airforce NCR
- Enterprise Service Desk Technician at
- Tier 2 Desktop Technician at Department Of State
- Senior Enterprise Service Desk Technician at Marine Corps, Pentagon
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- B.A. in Information Technology - Data Networking and Security
- A.A in Network Systems Administration - Network Systems Administrations
- B.A in Cyber Security - Cyber Security
Manage procurement and installation of multi-million dollar projects. Realize millions in savings for company as a result of project installations. Oversee projects required for regulatory purposes. Maintain total project cost within 2% of budget allotted. Monitor real time process data. Ensure that equipment is properly maintained. Execute projects to optimize emission control systems. Collaborate with plant operations to maintain equipment.
- Air Quality Control Systems Engineer at Westar Energy, Inc
- Chemical Process Engineer at ALCOA
- Mathematics Instructor at Corpus Christi and Bishop Independent School District - Nueces County, Texas
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering