Controls Engineer in the automotive industry. Worked in various automotive plants (Kentucky Truck plant, Michigan Assembly plant, Chicago Assembly plant) upgrading their Programmable Logic Controllers, Input/Output cards, Human Interfaces, and Variable Frequency Drives. Utilized Allen Bradley/Rockwell hardware and converted all logic from existing hardware to new hardware including all HMI screens and various other hardware. Converted units from data highway and remote I/O to ethernet communications, updated racks to new hardware communication, worked with interlocks over data highway and ethernet communication for plant wide part tracking. Translated and programmed various software and set up all hardware and performed testing before the field installation. In the field, installations were conducted as well as troubleshooting issues. Management review meetings attended to discuss upcoming installs as well as progress of current upgrades.
- Controls Engineer at Dynamic Controls Solutions
- Controls Engineer at Voith/Leadec Industries
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- BS in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- Associates Degree
Some dates Overlapped because projects were scheduled as they are ready 2017 - 2018 Absolute Machine Controls Technologies * Controls Engineer - Contract Position Writing and debugging Allen Bradley Control Logix PLC code and HMI Screens for Various customer
- Controls Engineer at Major Project Examples
- Controls Engineer at Sterling Engineering at BBS Automation
- Controls Engineer at Greg Dallstream & Associates LLC
- Control Engineer at Baxter
1 year at this Job
- Associate Degree in Applies Science Electronics/Electricity - Electricity/ Eltronics
- - C , C + and Visual Basic programming
As the Controls Engineer at the Orlando facility most of my time was taken up by overseeing electrical and mechanical projects completed by both in-house and contract personnel. Training was my second largest responsibility including Electrical Safety and Troubleshooting for our mechanics and both fundamentals and advanced techniques in troubleshooting PLC's
- CONTROLS ENGINEER at COCA COLA BOTTLING OF FLORIDA
- FACILITIES ENGINEER at SIGNATURE BRANDS
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEER at MAGNA TECH AUTOMOTIVE INC
- CONTRACT, SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, G&T CONVEYOR, TAVERAS FLORIDA at Orlando Intl Airport
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- - NUCLEAR ENGINEER
10/08/2018 to Present Following a nationwide search, Mr. Cohoon was offered and accepted the position of Senior Project Controls Engineer at Aegis Project Controls, based in the Dallas office. In this role, he is responsible for providing expert subject matter interpretations and applications of construction planning and scheduling, as prescribed by industry standards. He also prepares and presents construction schedule updates and analysis for Aegis clients. His expertise includes forensic analysis, time impact studies and change order analysis/control.
- Senior Project Controls Engineer at Aegis Project Controls
- Scheduler at EMJ Corporation
- at Chicago Bridge & Iron (CBI)
- Director of Corporate Scheduling at The Lemoyne Company
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Construction Management Program
- Bachelor of Science - Construction Management Program
Electrical controls engineer responsible for the design, testing, and commissioning of Steam Turbine control systems. Accomplishments
• Designed PLC (Siemens) and relay logic control systems for the safe operation of steam turbine power generator systems (STG).
• Electrical design using Autocad Electrical 2018.
• Responsible for all aspects of electrical and electronic component selection.
• Responsible for on-site customer control system commissioning.
• Responsible for developing factory and commissioning test plans, test reports, and commissioning.
- Electrical Controls Engineer at Ewing Controls, Inc
- Electrical Engineer Rail & Mass Transit at OMNI Control Technology, Inc
- Engineering technical Manager at RTR Technologies
- Senior Electrical Engineer at RTR Technologies
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- M.S. - Electrical Engineering
- B.S. - Microwave Engineering and Communications Theory
PLC controls engineer -Debug and support PLC and writing logic from the ground up in our plant and follow thru to the customers standards to their plant. -RSLOGIX 5000 -Panvelview programming. -Electrical schematic reviewing -Automation tool builder.
- Controls Engineer at HA Industries
- Robotic programmer, at METRO TECHNOLOGIES
- Maintenance at Lipari Foods
2 years at this Job
- Still enrolled - Mechatronics
- GM GSR certification - Robotocs
- Certificate in fanuc - Robotics
Norwalk, Ohio August 2018 - Present
Borgers Ohio is supplier to the North American Automotive industry. Borgers Ohio, Inc. produces luggage compartment trims and outer wheel arch liners made of Propylat. Plant Controls Engineer
● Develope and implemente controls, design and update electrical circuits, generate engineering specifications, R&D for new product lines, plant automation, installations and perform PLC programming/troubleshooting.
● Design software packages: E-Plan
● Programming Languages: PLC - Siemens Simatic 7, TIA Portal, applications and Hardware: Digital, analog, open and closed loop systems, Ethernet and Profibus communication, VFD drives and various material handling systems.
- Plant Controls Engineer at Borgers Ohio, Inc
- Automation Engineer at Agrinomix
- Sr. Automation Engineer at Cleveland Tool & Machine
- Automation Engineer at Berry Plastics
7 months at this Job
- Associate Degree in Applied Electronics - Applied Electronics
- Associate Degree in Computer Networking and Maintenance - Computer Networking and Maintenance
• Support Manufacturing and Production staff to solve technical, quality and production problems
• Design and implement improvements to production processes to ensure consistent product flow
• Manage plant capital projects overall scope and implementation
• Manage 24 contract controls engineer support personnel
• PLC Programming: SLC 5000, MicroLogix, ControlLogix
• HMI/SCADA development and programming using Wonderware and Archestra suite
• Set up and maintain Ethernet TCP/IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, OPC Standard protocols
• Technical trainer for PLC and network troubleshooting
- Plant Controls Engineer at Louisiana Pacific Inc.
- Maintenance Supervisor at Johnson Controls
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- - Communication
I am the Controls Engineer. Design, build and program control systems for one off machine designs. Created customer documentation such as diagrams, electrical drawings, and manuals. Ensured all safety objectives and legal requirements were adhered to. Oversaw project workflow and supported internal and external resources. Defined equipment and parts from external suppliers. Collaborated with mechanical engineers to resolve product development and maintenance issues.
- Controls Engineer at Source One
- Business Owner at AEM Inc
- Maintenance Manager at Quebecor Printing
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Electrical Mechanical
• Develop schedules for approaching projects.
• Work with onsite team to update and modify schedules.
• Prepare and updated progress reports for existing jobs.
• Prepare executive level reports.
• Forecast cost on current jobs.
• Advise project managers on current financial and job status.
• Streamlined many report and activities to free up project controls team members giving more time to preform analysis. Cost Controls Engineer
• Forecast and understand current cost on projects.
• Advise management on the status of current jobs.
• Work with the procurement and estimating team to forecast remaining cost. Project Estimator
• Estimate upcoming jobs in a quick and efficient manner.
• Coordinate with vendors to receive a price for requested materials.
• Contact subcontractors and provide adequate information to receive quotes.
• Assistant estimator on a projected 65-million-dollar job.
- Project Controls Engineer at Bilfinger Westcon
- Junior Field Engineer at Bilfinger Westcon
- Oil Field Intern at
- Project Manager Engineer Intern at TERVITA
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering - Petroleum Engineering, ABET Accredited