I am currently working as a copy editor for my college's news paper. I work closely with a group of people, in a close space as part of a team. This job requires group collaboration as well as the ability to communicate with various people of diverse backgrounds. I have learned to use various digital software for editing and collaborating such as google docs, and various adobe suite applications.
- Copy Editor at The Stylus
- Nanny at N/A.
- Customer Service at Perry Market Place
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - English
- Associate - English, Education
Work as a Copy Editor:
• Produce copy for Our Stories segment of application with high click-through rate and over 1M+ unique views & 4M+ views daily
• Collaborate with the content team to produce material aligned with the company's brand identity & voice
• Consistently write headlines & advanced copy for daily stories
• Develop content, engage in copy ideation and quality control for 4 separate content departments.
- Copy Editor at Snap Inc.
- Freelance Copywriter and Editor at Independent Contractor
- Lead Copywriter & SEO Content Developer at ECHOTECH GROUP INC
- Lead Copywriter & Journalist at LEAFHEAD LLC
3 months at this Job
- Full Stack Web Developer - Web Development
- BA English & Creative Writing - English
Junior level copy editor for the Product Development department; Editing in InCopy (InDesign), Adobe pdfs, and Microsoft Word; Prepress and change order quality assurance; Editing content to follow Chicago Manual of Style and internal style guides; Collaborating with authors, designers, and publisher to meet deadlines
- Copy Editor at Mentoring Minds
- Accounts Payable at Peltier Subaru
- Server at BJ's Brewhouse/Oliveto/Juls
- Teller at Capital One Bank
2 years at this Job
- Certificate - Copyediting
- BA - English
During my time at the Quaker Campus newspaper, where I began working in September of 2017, I have grown from Copy Editor and part time writer to Head Copy Editor. Due to my mastery of the AP Style Guide manual and dedication to the paper, I was the only person considered for this position when it freed up. I have been copy-editing for four years now, as I began in high school when I was president of my school newspaper, the Taft Tribune. I have written numerous articles for all sections of the newspaper except for sports.
- Head Copy Editor at Quaker Campus
5 months at this Job
- - Human Development
As a Copy Editor for The Butler Collegian, I am responsible for reviewing and editing articles prior to printing. The purpose is to correct mistakes, enhance readability, and check citations for accuracy. The Copy Editor must be exceptionally knowledgeable in grammar and AP Style formatting.
- Copy Editor at The Butler Collegian
- Childcare Provider at Southlake YMCA
- Customer Service Associate at Walgreens Retail Store and Pharmacy
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - English, Religious Studies & Chemistry Minors
- High school or equivalent
Worked for several clients, but primarily Demand Media Studios, where I have copy edited articles in Careers, Education, Food and Drink, Nutrition, Social Sciences and Style segments and worked as a senior copy editor to mentor new writers. Work has included content editing and heavily developmental editing as well as line editing. Skills include familiarity with Associated Press style as well as acquaintance with MLA, APA and Chicago styles.
- Copy editor and writer at Demand Media Studios
- weekend Local & State slot editor (copy chief) at The Orlando Sentinel
- copy editor at The Miami Herald, Broward County, Florida
10 years at this Job
- - English
Final editor on stories as part of daily newspaper production
• Editing print and online versions of news and feature stories on universal copy desk
- Copy editor at San Francisco Chronicle
- Publications editor at CAAMFest
- Writer, editor, social media manager at UC Office of the President
- Editor in chief, staff editor at Hyphen Magazine
3 years at this Job
- Master's Degree in Journalism - Journalism
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism - Journalism
Copy editor, news and feature writer, columnist for suburban, weekly newspaper chain and websites. Editing copy for 11 print newspapers, writing and blogging news shorts for all-Sun and East Group publications; writing biweekly all-Sun column; writing periodic feature stories and play reviews; leading company's writing skills training effort.
• Initiated editorial quality control monitoring and training program,
• Proposed and implemented editorial style changes to align with contemporary practices.
• Created quick reference style/formatting guide to aid new reporters' training.
• Developed process improvements to streamline personal workflow and save co-workers' time for blogging stories.
- Copy Editor at Sun Newspapers
- Self-employed Consultant at Pamela Hardy
- Marketing Specialist at Q-Lab Corporation
- Retail Bookstore Manager at Crooked River Reading Club
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.A. - English
- - Liberal arts studies
• Review and repair all grammatical and punctuation mistakes
• Streamlines the "Participant Observer" online publication
• Addresses all calendar entries listed for each week as they appear COPY EDITOR (FREELANCE PROJECTS)- 2017-2018
• Performs light-to-heavy edits for an instructional manual
• Works closely with author to discuss optimal results
• Skillfully and efficiently readies projects for publication
- COPY EDITOR (WORLDVIEW PROJECT) at Worldview Project
- SOUND ENGINEER at MUSIC PRODUCTION
- AUTOMOBILE TRANSPORT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE at
1 year at this Job
- CERTIFICATE IN COPYEDITING
Hired on a project basis to write press kit materials and book proposals, and copy-edit white papers, editorials, and manuscripts. Clients: Mouth Digital + Public Relations, Fortier Public Relations, Emi Battaglia Public Relations, Page-Turner Literary Publicity, and more. Development and copy editor for books including The Naturopathic Approach to Fertility by Dr. Julissa Hernandez, ND, CNHP (Mango, 2016) and Get Out of Your Own Way Guide to Life by Justin Loeber (Mango, 2017).
- Development and copy editor at Mouth Digital + Public Relations
- Copywriter and Editor, Freelance at Mouth Digital + Public Relations, Emi Battaglia Public Relations, Page-Turner Literary Publicity
- Copy Editor at Audible, Inc
- Content Associate at Audible, Inc
8 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Communication Arts & English
- - Marketing and Public Relations