11/2017 to Present Meredith Corporation - Copyeditor - Shelburne, VT 07/2018 to 02/2019 EatingWell Media Group - Freelance Digital Editor - Shelburne VT 11/2017 to 03/2019 Barnyard - Server - So. Burlington, VT 11/2016 to 08/2017 Dominos - Cashier - So. Burlington, VT 06/2016 to 08/201 7 Starky’s Authentic Americana - Hostess/bussing tables - MT 10/2015 to 02/2016 Cashier - Mill, Market and Deli- So. Burlington, VT
- Copyeditor at Meredith Corporation
4 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Creatively inclined. Deadline-oriented.
• Copyeditor - CJ Publishers. Proofread and copyedit Massapequa Post, Amityville Record, Babylon Beacon and Beacon Shopper; Write/edit short articles for weekly newspapers; Write/plan scheduled Facebook posts
• Wardrobe Supervisor - Gemelli Productions. Organized wardrobe for Amazon Prime TV series, New Dogs, Old Tricks
• Paraprofessional - West Babylon Schools. Assisted children with learning throughout school day
• Content Coordinator - Best Version Media. Wrote monthly features about community members and businesses for Neighbors of Babylon Village; created calendar; edited copy for production and design
• Freelance Writer/Editor - Coordinated special projects for local clients and community groups; Wrote articles, edited pages, created advertorials for trade publications including National Jeweler, Modern Jeweler, Mergers & Restructurings, Traders Magazine and others
• Assistant Managing Editor - Miller Freeman, New York, NY. Wrote deadline news and in-depth features; beat reporter at industry events worldwide for National Jeweler. Managed staff of 10+ writers; as- signed and edited news and feature articles; achieved 100% on-time closings; coordinated page design
• Associate Editor - Gralla Publications, New York, NY. Wrote news articles; edited and proofread manuscripts, pages and film for Ophthalmology Management and Contact Lens Forum Volunteer Leadership: Consensus builder. Coordinate across diverse groups.
• Babylon Schools - 18+ years - Enhance scholarship opportunities; Improve educational out- comes for stakeholders; Support music and arts programs throughout district; Organize large events under tight budgets - Babylon Board of Education Trustee; Babylon Schools Friends of the Arts President; Babylon Jr/Sr High PTSA President; Babylon Shared Decision-Making Team Member; Babylon Grade School Character Education Committee; Babylon Schools Wellness Committee Member; Babylon K-6 PTA President and Newsletter Editor
• Girl Scouts - 13+ years - Grow memberships; Increase participation; Promote awareness; Mentor young women; Coordinate large 300+ person events under tight budget; Girl Scout Troop 835 Leader; Babylon Village Girl Scouts Coordinator; Girl Scouts of Suffolk County Gold Award Mentor; Girl Scouts of Suffolk County Past President's Scholarship Committee Member; Girl Scouts of Suffolk County National Council Delegate/53rd Convention
- Copyeditor at CJ Publishers
at this Job
- Master's Degree - Print Journalism
- Bachelor's Degree - Marketing Communications
Data entry, copyeditor and translator
- Copyeditor and translator at Comunicart
- Researcher at Semillas de Vida
- Researcher at Laboratorio Interdisciplinario de Sistemas de Información Geográfica de la Universidad Autónoma del Estado de Morelos
- Research assistant at Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología
11 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology - Sociology
COPYWRITING AND EDITING EXPERIENCE Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA Copyeditor | February 2018 - Present · Manage the publishing project of an annual promotional publication for the department · Coordinate final submission to VCU Marketing for print and web publication · Write feature articles on students’ Department of Defense sponsored projects · Promote faculty’s grant projects by reporting on their awards · Collect faculty photos and biographies · Write stories about the ECE departmental activities to benefit the recruitment of new students · Shoot and edit photos for publication · Edit submitted content · Interview faculty and students to write over 10 articles for annual publishing project
- Copyeditor at VCU Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Writing Consultant at VCU Writing Center
- Editor In Chief at Plain China Literary Anthology
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - English
• Blending Magazine is a nationally recognized journalism newsletter and magazine in Italy, and for my semester abroad I was in charge of editing submitted articles for publication
- Copyeditor at Blending Magazine at Florence University of the Arts
- Copywriting Intern at The VIA Agency
- Community Relations Intern at Big Brother Big Sisters of Southern Maine
at this Job
- Bachelor's - Marketing Communication
- None - Marketing Communication
Copyediting and proofreading the fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for publication in the magazine.
- Copyeditor at Redivider, Emerson College
- Copyeditor at Redivider
- Standup Comedian at
- Junior Boys Division Head at Camp Schodack
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Masters of Fine Arts in Creative Writing - Fiction
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy - English
• Completed heavy edit on historical paper for Copyediting III class.
• Completed medium copywriting on captions for an Arcadia Publishing historical non-fiction piece.
• Completed medium editing on APA-style psychology papers.
• Completed light editing on college-level science papers.
- COPYEDITOR at Self-Employed
- Awards and Membership Chair at BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
- Team Leader at MERCED BEHAVIORIAL HEALTH CENTER
- Child Care Worker at CREATIVE ALTERNATIVES
8 months at this Job
- BA - Psychology
• Read and edit 12-15 articles weekly for the school newspaper, The Point.
• Work alongside student editor-in-chief and section editors, as well as student journalists
- COPYEDITOR at POINT LOMA NAZARENE UNIVERSITY
- ADMISSIONS AMBASSADOR at Point Loma Nazarene University
- SALES ASSOCIATE at Sundance Catalog
- PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN at FOCUSCOM INC
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Writing
- Study Abroad - Writing
• Proofreads and corrects online Continuing Education exams for, spelling, grammar, style and coding.
• Adds queries for the Production and Clinical Editors.
• Incorporates confirmed changes via Microsoft Word.
- Copyeditor at Wolters Kluwer
- Audio-Visual Technician at The Barnes Foundation
- Freelance Writer at University City Review and PAWPrint
- Editorial Assistant at American Association for Cancer Research
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Diploma in Recording and Sound Technology - Recording and Sound Technology
- Certificate in Editing
- B.A. in English - English
• Copyedit continuing medical education projects for Medscape (WebMD)
• Managing editor, Journal of Special Operations Medicine
• Copyedit textbooks and journals on a regular freelance basis for the following companies: Wiley-Blackwell, Taylor & Francis (journals), Elsevier Copyedit legal blogs and websites for Get Legal.com - Previous
• Copyedit textbooks and journals on a regular freelance basis for the following companies: American College of Emergency Physicians, American Heart Association, American Medical Association, Wiley-Blackwell, Taylor & Francis (journals), Elsevier. Sample journals include Nature, American Journal of Radiology, Journal of the American Heart Association, Circulation, Circulation Research, Stroke, Hypertension, Annals of Emergency Medicine, American Journal of Cardiology, Public Library of Science, Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Molecular Pharmacology, Nutrition, Disability Journal, Pediatrics, Journal of Pediatrics, and others.
• In-house copyeditor, style manager, and production manager for Circulation, American Heart Association, Dallas, for 4 years
• Editor/writer and art director for the Dallas Public Library system for 8 years
• Manuscript editor/reviewer for the Harvard Business Review for 5 years
- Current - Freelance Copyeditor at WebMD
at this Job
- - fine arts