• Lead accountant on fixed asset team: Review corporate accountant's work on fixed asset workpapers, prepare monthly reconciliation and rollforward of the fixed asset subledger system, book depreciation and management fees on assets and internal in-progress projects. Review asset disposals and prepare asset sales.
• Review the tracking the security deposits of all residents across more than 280 communities.
• Responsible for maintaining the monthly profit and loss statements and balance sheets for 21 assisted living communities.
• Perform monthly workpaper reconciliations for patient refund accounts, certain accrual accounts, restricted cash and security deposits.
• Create and lead trainings for new accountants
- Corporate Accountant at Five Star Senior Living
- Assurance Associate at PwC
- Assurance Intern at PwC
- Campus Ambassador at Becker Professional Education
6 months at this Job
- Master's - Accounting
- Bachelor's - Economics and Accounting
Summary: I'm currently choosing to not release the name of my previous employer based on unlawful circumstances in which they chose to continue to conduct activities in which I refused to partake in based on my integrity and work ethics as an Accountant. My compliance standards will not deviate from the Federal Law requirements for any Employer under any circumstances. I abide by all Tax Laws to ensure my Employer and Business is operating in accordance to requirements. I'm willing to discuss this matter openly with all serious employment inquiries. The status of this practice upon my employment was in very poor condition due to the absence of their previous Accountant who had been fired the prior year based on recommendations from an external Auditor review. The Books had not been reconciled for the entire previous year and 6 months of the current year. I was able to reconcile all three Quick Book Companies to a current status within six weeks so that all prior year Federal and State taxes could be filed by the extension deadline date. The Practice lacked any and all structure of a functioning Business Office in respect to proper filing, correspondence, and up to date Employment requirements by Law. I spent an excess amount of time and effort into making a valid attempt at educating the Practice Manager; who had fallen into her position based on elimination of prior Manager and not on any form of a formal education; on Law Requirements and Standards of Employment Laws to keep the Practice in compliance. 1. Managed all Accounts Receivables and Payables to ensure adequate Cash Flow was maintained. 2. Reconciled all 5 Company and Subsidiaries Banking Accounts in addition to 10 Business Credit Card Accounts by the 15th of every month. 3. Filed all Corporate Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly Taxes for Payroll, Use Tax, Sales Tax, and CAT Tax. 4. Ensured that the Companies Insurance Coverage for entire company, equipment and employees was evaluated and up to date. 5. Direct Liaison to all the Practices Attorney services, Governmental Agencies, Banking Institutions, Insurance Companies, and CPA Firms. 6. Created and administrated all financial reports to Owner and external Accountants. 7. Facilitated Payroll and Benefit functions for 55+ employees located in 3 independent Practices. 8. Developed and maintained a much-needed Hospital filing system for resource location of all non-medical patient files, practice financials, tax documents, equipment records, contracts, inventory, purchasing, employment documents, and anything else related to general business transactions. 9. Provided financial guidance and input on much needed new in-house policies going forward. 10. Created Quick Book accounts for 10 Rental Properties in addition to inputting 3 yrs. worth of history for each of them within less than a 3-wk. deadline for external CPA's who had inadvertently deleted them from our internal accounting system.
- Corporate Accountant at UNNAMED VETERNAIRIN CLINIC
- Corporate Accountant at MOHRFIELD HOLSTIENS INC
- Tax Preparer at H & R BLOCK
- Credit Manager at WALTZ-DETTMER
6 months at this Job
- BA - Accounting
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information. Data entry and reconciliations, prepare year end financial statements, prepare corporate tax returns, execute payroll, payroll reports and payroll taxes, Prepare 1099s and W2s at year end.
• Gather financial data and ledgers
• Consolidate and analyze financial statements and results
• Prepare budgets and monitor expenditures
• Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
• Manage periodical reporting
• Analyze finances to determine risks and create forecasts
• Advise management on how to craft effective business plans and resolve cost-related issues
• Prepare and execute all aspects of payroll
- Corporate Accountant at Richard P. Toellner Accountant, LLC
- Accountant/Bookkeeper at J & J Painting
- Scheduler at ACMF
- Production Planner/Scheduler/Buyer/Shipper at Ameridrives Power Transmission
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts - Accounting
Corporate Accountant - Constructed, processed, and posted month end financials and miscellaneous contributions/payments. - Compose and input journal entries, as well as allocating month end expenses. - Overlooked and managed accounts payable and receivables. - Established Service Time allocation schedule/spreadsheet. - Handled fixed assets for 5 business entities. - Reconciled Bank Statements daily. Financial Analyst - Constructed and over sought statement of cash flows daily For VP of Finance. - Adjust and create pricing for parts and machines. - Yearly forecasting of R&D for engineering. - Constructed documentation to comply with customs. - Responsible for depreciating and retiring fixed assets and intangible assets. - Support executives in financial and operations efficiency.
- Corporate Accountant and Financial Analyst at Artos Engineering Inc
- President at UW - La Crosse Men's Rugby
- Corporate Accounting Intern at Wagner Oil and Trucking Company Inc
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance
Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual account roll forward schedules for various balance sheet accounts for Atlas Air and Polar Air
● Responsible for reconciling both domestic and foreign cash accounts which includes Atlas Concentration account as well as calculate FX impact on Foreign bank accounts
● Responsible for calculating and recording all accruals for both Atlas and Polar Air Cargo Claims as well as doing the monthly analysis for upper management to review
● Work alongside the Intercompany Accountant to ensure all intercompany payments have been properly and timely recorded to the various companies in order to minimize any negative financial impact
● Work with both AP and Revenue departments to ensure cash movements are recorded properly so as to avoid Required Adjustments or Reconciling Items
● Responsible for reconciling various balance sheet accounts for both Atlas and Polar Air
● Perform monthly, quarterly and year end close duties
- Corporate Accountant at Atlas Air
- Regional Accountant at Health Care Navigator
- Staff Accountant at Terex Corporation
- at Robert Half Salaried Professional Group
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration in Finance - Finance
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting - Accounting
* Prepare and enter journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information * Assist Controller in preparing month-end and year-end financials, including consolidated financials * Maintain accounting controls while by creating and implementing policies and procedures * Support and reconcile balance sheet accounts * Maintain financial security by following internal controls * Work closely with job site controllers to verify correct information is given to corporate office * Prepare monthly production report with sales allocations for all locations * Assist Corporate Controller with SOX Compliance
- Corporate Accountant at Rhino Resources, LLC
- Senior Accountant at Credit Solutions, LLC
- Business Manager/Controller at Lexington Professional Baseball Company
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- BBA - Accounting & Management
Performs payroll processing for 8 company locations . Serves as resource for other business units handling questions regarding processing tax, unemployment and other information as needed . Handle unemployment reporting through third party processing, address any issues for the company with all the states where there are employees . Handles the cash reporting on a daily basis, recording transactions monthly through journal entries . Manage intercompany process for Corporate; responsible for ensuring all business units are in balance at the end of each month . Manage the electronic payment process for the company; completes wires in compliance with bank requirements; handle ACH payments and foreign currency processing . Manage Daily Critical Factors reporting . Reconcile bank statements and monthly activity . Complete filing of annual reports and misc. tax reports in various states; works to ensure the company is in good standing in each state where there are filing requirements . Perform other duties as required or assigned
- Corporate Accountant at Brown Jordan International
- Payroll Auditor / Payroll Analyst at Acosta Sales & Marketing
- Payroll Coordinator at Vurv Technology, Inc
- Payroll Manager at Danny's family Companies
11 months at this Job
Correct Health provides high quality, cost-effective, comprehensive health care inside the walls of state correctional facilities. As Payroll Director and Corporate Accountant for Triage Holdings, I report directly to the CFO. We manage domestic payroll processing for the business, including various state and federal tax reporting, Participate in month-end and year-end close process including supporting analysis, preparation and booking of journal entries. Perform various Balance Sheet account reconciliations, including bank reconciliations. Engage with all areas of the business to improve, refine and automate accounting and financial reporting procedures. Track financial reporting deadlines to ensure timely completion, analyze financial data, prepare accounting reports and present their results. Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately. Process accounts payable paperwork, enter bills for payment through completion of the check run.
- Payroll Director and Corporate Accountant at Triage Holdings
- Payroll Consultant at Extremity Healthcare Incorporated
- Payroll Manager at ADP
- Payroll and Corporate Accountant at Incentex
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- A.S. in Financial Accounting - Financial Accounting, A.S
- Associate's degree - Accounting and Business/Management
• Manage monthly fixed asset acquisition and disposition files, record monthly depreciation, and generate quarterly audit reports.
• Maintain general and administrative general ledger in compliance with corporate policy.
• Prepare daily cash analysis reporting for management.
• Process daily deposits, payment notifications, and post cash receipts.
• Reconcile monthly bank statements and perform outstanding check review.
• Enter payroll invoices and legal consultant invoices for ACH and payment processing.
• Record corporate credit card statement transactions and manage general ledger codings and approvals.
• Prepare monthly sales and use tax filings for each business unit for online remittance to appropriate tax jurisdictions.
• Review general ledger accounts for month-end close.
• Record payroll journal entries and 401K payments.
• Assist Corporate Controller with payroll hours import into payroll system and perform review of payroll changes.
• Assist Chief Financial Officer with federal, state, and local business tax filings.
• Process annual Form 1099 filings for all business units.
• Setup monthly Job Status Report (WIP Report) for each business unit.
• Prepare various analysis including legal fees and Contributions/Advertising/Meals & Entertainment.
• Assist Corporate Controller with quarterly and annual audit preparation.
- Corporate Accountant at THE NORWOOD COMPANY
- Office Manager at YOUTHBUILD PHILADELPHIA CHARTER SCHOOL
- Accounting Manager at TOTAL ACCESS MEDICAL LLC, Bala
- Staff Accountant at COMMUNITIES IN SCHOOLS OF PHILADELPHIA
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting - Accounting
- Associate's Degree in Accounting and Business Administration - Accounting and Business Administration
-Performs monthly closing for 12 seniors and low income properties including: -Preparing and posting journal entries -Reconciling revenue, accounts receivable, and accounts payable and other general ledger accounts, bank statements and trust accounts -Analyzing and preparing monthly financial statements with notes, including an in-depth analysis of variances between budget and actual -Shares in maintaining corporate schedules for entire facility portfolio. Prepares schedules for and corresponds with external and internal auditors, governmental agencies and other compliance professionals -Prepares annual personal property tax returns and other compliance -Completes special projects as needed.
- Corporate Accountant at Retirement Housing Foundation
- Corporate Accountant at Atrium Hospitality
- Corporate staff Accountant at Ayres Hotels
- Staff Accountant at Shenouda & Associates LLP
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor - Accounting
- Master - Financial and Accounting Management