Summary: I'm currently choosing to not release the name of my previous employer based on unlawful circumstances in which they chose to continue to conduct activities in which I refused to partake in based on my integrity and work ethics as an Accountant. My compliance standards will not deviate from the Federal Law requirements for any Employer under any circumstances. I abide by all Tax Laws to ensure my Employer and Business is operating in accordance to requirements. I'm willing to discuss this matter openly with all serious employment inquiries. The status of this practice upon my employment was in very poor condition due to the absence of their previous Accountant who had been fired the prior year based on recommendations from an external Auditor review. The Books had not been reconciled for the entire previous year and 6 months of the current year. I was able to reconcile all three Quick Book Companies to a current status within six weeks so that all prior year Federal and State taxes could be filed by the extension deadline date. The Practice lacked any and all structure of a functioning Business Office in respect to proper filing, correspondence, and up to date Employment requirements by Law. I spent an excess amount of time and effort into making a valid attempt at educating the Practice Manager; who had fallen into her position based on elimination of prior Manager and not on any form of a formal education; on Law Requirements and Standards of Employment Laws to keep the Practice in compliance. 1. Managed all Accounts Receivables and Payables to ensure adequate Cash Flow was maintained. 2. Reconciled all 5 Company and Subsidiaries Banking Accounts in addition to 10 Business Credit Card Accounts by the 15th of every month. 3. Filed all Corporate Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly Taxes for Payroll, Use Tax, Sales Tax, and CAT Tax. 4. Ensured that the Companies Insurance Coverage for entire company, equipment and employees was evaluated and up to date. 5. Direct Liaison to all the Practices Attorney services, Governmental Agencies, Banking Institutions, Insurance Companies, and CPA Firms. 6. Created and administrated all financial reports to Owner and external Accountants. 7. Facilitated Payroll and Benefit functions for 55+ employees located in 3 independent Practices. 8. Developed and maintained a much-needed Hospital filing system for resource location of all non-medical patient files, practice financials, tax documents, equipment records, contracts, inventory, purchasing, employment documents, and anything else related to general business transactions. 9. Provided financial guidance and input on much needed new in-house policies going forward. 10. Created Quick Book accounts for 10 Rental Properties in addition to inputting 3 yrs. worth of history for each of them within less than a 3-wk. deadline for external CPA's who had inadvertently deleted them from our internal accounting system.
- Corporate Accountant at UNNAMED VETERNAIRIN CLINIC
- Corporate Accountant at MOHRFIELD HOLSTIENS INC
- Tax Preparer at H & R BLOCK
- Credit Manager at WALTZ-DETTMER
6 months at this Job
- BA - Accounting
Colorado Springs, CO 2007 to 2019 (Faith-based non-profit with operating revenue of $138 million, Glen Eyrie hotel & conference center, and a global network of missionaries, supporters, and volunteers) Senior Corporate Accountant Research, analyze, and complete bank reconciliations on a consistent and timely basis. Oversee monthly/quarterly filing of sales and use taxes for >40 states, with an emphasis on compliance issues. Maintain fixed asset accounting system; record all acquisitions and disposals. Prepare general ledger journal entries; audit and analyze accounts payable expenses. ▶ Built and managed an eight-person team to overcome process failures that created a 10-month backlog of bank reconciliations; completed in six weeks and saved a qualified audit report. ▶ Converted processes to online/electronic systems, expediting sales tax filings for 40 states resulting in saving over 40 hours of processing time monthly. ▶ Participated in the transition from PeopleSoft to Workday ERP in 2014 and Maestro PMS in 2019. ▶ Recognized and resolved a banking inconsistency that resulted in discovery of a substantial misplaced deposit and updating of deposit procedures.
- Senior Corporate Accountant at THE NAVIGATORS
- Centralized Controller (Denver) at RICHFIELD HOSPITALITY
- Controller at RICHFIELD HOSPITALITY
- Payroll Tax Accountant at DAYCO PRODUCTS, INC
12 years at this Job
- BS Degree in Accounting - Accounting
• Reconciliation of individual bank accounts to the practice management system for individual hospital locations and monitoring revenue and cash flow
• Ensure various AR options are reconciled on a monthly basis and maintain contact with hospital managers regarding unreasonable and/or unexplained AR numbers.
• Perform a full review of all entered bills and submit a final bill report to the bank and CFO for check printing on a weekly basis, along with a monthly reconciliation of AP
• Review all Concur expense reports submitted and reconcile to corporate regions p-card accounts monthly
• Worked directly under lead senior accountant to ensure all month end close duties were accurate and complete in a timely manner
• Continuously provide additional analysis to all month end reconciliations to consistently show growth and development
- Corporate Accountant at SOUTHERN VETERINARY PARTNERS
- Accountant at FOUR FOODS GROUP
- Accountant at ACTION RESOURCES
- Title IV Accountant at EDUCATION CORPORATION OF AMERICA
8 months at this Job
- BACHELOR'S OF SCIENCE IN ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING
Irving, TX 09.2015 - present
$60 million US subsidiary of Almirall Aesthetics (Spain), divested to private investors in 2019. World leader in minimally invasive thermistor-regulated energy solutions for aesthetics, dermatology and women's health.
• Responsible for cash forecasting, general ledger, and vendor management for all combined entities
• Manage reporting and payment of commission funds to sales staff and authorized distributors
• Perform daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to controller and senior leadership
• Perform month-end close and general ledger maintenance activities including journal entries and financial statement review
• Responsible for reconciliation of 7 bank accounts and multiple credit cards for executive and selling team (avg 50-100 users)
• Perform data uploads for all General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Cash Management related activities reconciled activity between interface and systems
• Trained 4 Accounts Receivable clerks on order entry, accounts receivable and cash management
• Successfully automated accounts payable bill payment process through vendor ACH implementation
• Manage Fixed Assets, Prepaid Expenses, and Depreciation/Amortization activities
• Successfully deployed corporate card to provide spending controls for travelers (avg 50-100 users)
• Successfully negotiated hotel & rental car program to provide significant savings to company while providing better accommodations for company travelers
• Successfully transitioned Travel & Expense policy from Insperity ExpensAble to SAP Concur
• Market research for travel cost analysis to assist in travel policy implementation
• Successfully implemented several Concur add-ons to provide better decision-making information
• Implementation team on system conversion from QuickBooks Enterprise to Sage Intacct
• Streamlined travel and entertainment expenses to decrease reimbursement timeline
• Streamlined order process by converting Excel forms to Adobe form to aid in data entry by sales team
- Corporate Accountant at Thermigen LLC
- Bookkeeper at Fusion Solutions
- Bookkeeper at Regal Hardwoods
- Jr AR Accountant at Prime Art and Jewel
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting - Software
Accounts Payable tasks such as overseeing the corporate travel and lodging program, Concur employee expense reimbursement system, and US Bank company p card program. Corporate Tax tasks such as preparation of sales and use tax returns, personal property tax returns, and heavy vehicle tax returns. Worked on and successfully completed special projects for the CFO Conducted training and orientation sessions for new area sales managers. Accomplishments: i have been promoted twice in the last year and was instrumental in the automation of the corporate credit card system. I initiated the process for training and educating incoming management on corporate cards and expense reporting.
Accounts Payable tasks such as overseeing the corporate travel and lodging program, Concur employee expense reimbursement system, and US Bank company p card program.
Corporate Tax tasks such as preparation of sales and use tax returns, personal property tax returns, and heavy vehicle tax returns.
Worked on and successfully completed special projects for the CFO
Conducted training and orientation sessions for new area sales managers.
Accomplishments: i have been promoted twice in the last year and was instrumental in the automation of the corporate credit card system. I initiated the process for training and educating incoming management on corporate cards and expense reporting.
- Corporate Accountant at MPW Industrial Services
- Habilitation Specialist at PALS CHRYSALIS HEALTH
- Direct Care Staff at CONSUMER SUPPORT SERVICES, INC
- Time management at STAY-AT-HOME PARENT
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting
* Review, maintain and file corporate and personal expense reports for the construction team (9 project managers and 4 corporate engineers) * Reconcile American Express statements with corporate bank accounts * Analyze the monthly shared IT allocation report to ensure both the corporate and the managing company are allocating the accurate IT expense for each month * Analyze the income statement by researching and providing explanations for variances in revenue and expense over/under $25K for over 100 properties * Perform sales tax audit on past paid invoices and report to state auditors by ensuring the company paid the appropriate accrued sales taxes on all invoices * Research, upload and review daily requisitions using JD Edwards to determine whether transactions meet the company's capital and operational expense requirements
- Corporate Accountant at Chatham Lodging Trust
- Accounting Intern at Island Company
- Aviation Logistic Specialist at United States Marine Corps
1 year at this Job
- - community service
- Bachelor in Science - Accounting
- - combat environment
Performed accounts payable duties for a portfolio of real estate investments. Maintained vendor records and issue 1099s at year end. Prepared GL schedules for various corporate accounts.
- Corporate Accountant at Resurgent Capital Services
- Corporate & Real Estate Accountant at Apartment Investment and Management Co
- Senior Accountant at City of Thomasville
- Staff Accountant at Dame & Miller
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
•Reconciling all the Company's outstanding debt
•Maintain the corporate bank accounts. Doing deposits, reconciliations, journal entries and providing supporting documentation
•Records adjustments for the straight-line effect of direct leasing revenues and costs.
•Responsible for preparing a secured and unsecured interest accrual spreadsheet.
•Work in PeopleSoft and Yardi doing A/P, A/R, invoicing, and collections
•responsible for identifying any significant and/or unusual expenses or trends that require further review and analysis.
•Calculate and capitalize interest, overhead, salary, taxes, and other indirect costs
- Corporate Accountant at UDR
- Corporate Accountant III at Archstone-Smith
- Corporate Accountant II at Archstone-Smith
- Business Solutions Manager at Rhythms NetConnections Inc
6 years at this Job
- Associate Degree in Accounting - Accounting
- Associate Degree in Business - Marketing, and Management
World's largest retailer of diamond jewelry consisting of major brands Kay Jewelers, Zale's, Jared the Galleria of Jewelry, People's, Piercing Pagoda, and James Allen. Manager Corporate Accountant 2015 to Current
• Direct the monthly accounting close process, including the preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and intercompany transactions.
• Validate the warranty sales and repair data in comprehensive reports that are useful in the preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and audit reports.
• Serve as primary contact for internal and external auditors by managing the process, answering auditor questions, and providing reports.
• Establish, implement and administer SOX internal control policies, procedures and processes.
• Developed and managed a professional staff of 7 accountants (Inventory, Cash Control, Banking, General, Warranty}.
- Manager Corporate Accountant at Zale's Division
- Sr. Corporate Accountant at Monthly Close
- Sr. Tax Accountant at Prepare Federal
- Staff Tax Accountant at Zale Corporation
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting Information Systems
• Manages Accounts Payable - processing checks and reoccurring payables to multiple vendors
• Produces bi-monthly invoicing for inter-company divisional check runs and management reporting
• Produces monthly Accounts Receivables review and collections with intercompany divisions
• Performs bank deposits - prepare, record, deposit, cash management, and foster the relationship with banks
• Assists new entities incorporation, company acquisition
• Produces Bank Reconciliations and monitors cash flow
• Prepares monthly payroll with timesheet reconciliations
• Executes record keeping of all corporate files
• Provides administrative, analytical support and audits time tracker
• Assists with special projects
• Performs monthly financial report analysis and finance statements
• Performs B&O tax returns for multiple entities in multiple states
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
• Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed
• Supports and works directly with CFO and Controller. Assists in reducing banking fee and transition cost of treasury activities
- Corporate Accountant at Kappes Miller Management
- Staff Accountant at Silvan Forest LLC
- Tax Staff Accountant at Hanlin Moss Yi. P.S
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Art - Art
- Associate in Business - Business
- B.A. in Accounting Option and Finance - Accounting Option and Finance