• Performed as corporate accountant for multi-million dollar multi-family real estate properties.
• Provided reporting and analysis for monthly, quarterly, and annual performance. Provides direct accounting support to internal and external customers.
• Provided accurate and timely reporting of actual performance versus forecast/budget to the management team.
• Assisted with the month-, quarter- and year-end closings and preparation of financial statements.
• Contributed to continuous process improvement, always looking for opportunities to streamline and eliminate redundancies.
• Core duties: bank reconciliations, bank wires, balance sheet analysis, financial statement variance analysis and reporting. Financial calls with clients on a monthly basis.
- Corporate Accountant at Balfour Beatty Investments
- Accounting Manager at Living Branches Retirement Communities
- Staff, Senior Accountant/Assistant Controller at Martins Run
- Financial Analyst at SEI Investments
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Arts - Business and Economics
- Bachelor of Science - Marketing Management
• Manage & Direct at corporate level.
• Process Payroll.
• Execute weekly reports.
• Manage over 4 Unit Accountants.
• Execute periodical, quarterly, and yearly Profit and Loss Statements.
• Bill Pay.
• Communicate with all vendors and fintech setup.
• Daily banking and balancing of check books.
• Reconciliations of statements.
• Assist HR Manager.
• Work hand in hand with CFO.
• Business travel.
- Corporate Accountant at Cork and Pig Tavern
- Cross trained at HEB
- Team Leader at Baskin-Robbins
- Cashier/Customer Service at Chick-fil-A
7 months at this Job
- High school
Corporate Accountant Duties over the years: In charge of all aspects of accounting for the company. Responsibilities include month end closings, management reports including cash forecasts, assist in budget preparation, fixed assets, financial analysis, cost accounting, budgeting, accounts receivable, payroll, computer system setup and maintenance, 1099 & W2 reporting, sales & use tax, audit control, procedures and policies manual, domestic and international shipping, and monitor contract compliance and billings on jobs including SBIR’s. Administrator in SAM and WAWF. Work with domestic and international customers and representatives. Regulate compliance of the employee benefit program including 401K and HSA. Supervised two employees but through automation and streamlining of work was able to reduce staff by
- Corporate Accountant at Breault Research Organization, Inc
- Accountant at Precision Shooting Equipment
- Office/Employee Benefit Manager at Optenberg, Inc
14 years, 10 months at this Job
- Masters - Organizational Management
- Bachelor of Science - Government
Collaborate with auditors to complete year-end and quarter-end audit packages and ad-hoc reports Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook,
PowerPoint, and advance Excel 2016/01 - 2017/08 Corporate Accountant classes) Rosewood Hotel Group
BOA CashPro, JP Morgan Chase
● Analyzed monthly corporate P&Ls and created monthly property Access dashboards with variance analyses
● Reconciled month-end balance sheet accounts especially inter-company Blackline transactions and multiple bank statements ADP Workforcenow
● Assisted in the creation of budgets and (re)forecasts in Essbase and Birchstreet Hyperion
● Facilitated training to the other accountants while completing journal Concur entries for payroll, vacation liability, inventory, revenue recognition, accruals, amortizations, and payments in multiple entities and foreign currencies
● Responsible for the setup of vendors, processing W-9's and 1099's, and training others on creating and receiving PO's
● Reviewed and approved MD expense reports and CRO sales incentives
● Processed payroll with reviewing timecard exceptions, incentive & OT calculations, time-off balances, and coinciding labor laws for multistate in the US, London, Amsterdam, and Dubai offices
- Corporate Accountant at Rosewood Hotel Group
- Fraud Analyst at Forever 21, Inc
- Reinsurance Accounting Clerk at Devonshire Service Group
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- MBA - Accounting
- Bachelors - Mathematics
Knoxville, TN 1998 - 2018
• Daily cash receipts balancing of bank statements to import data and adjusting the over and short reports.
• Maintained the cash reporting and balances for management.
• Computation and drafting of the ACH amounts in order to fund AP and Payroll from store banks to the operating account.
• Analysis of cash and data to track thefts and report the information to operations.
• Preparation of the weekly corporate deposit and posting to the general ledger for four companies.
• Bank statement reconciliation of all operating store accounts including the credit card and gift card statements.
• Calculation of monthly charity deposits and report generation.
• Calculation of sales and use tax to the Tennessee Department of Revenue.
• Responsible for landlord monthly billing calculations.
• Calculation of percentage rents and payments.
• Obtained Health & Agriculture Department permits.
• Real & Personal property tax amount verification and payments.
• Calculation of Gross Receipts and Privilege Tax payments.
• Calculation and reporting of California 1099 vendor amounts to the State of California on a quarterly basis.
• Prepared journal entries and issued financial statements every 28 days.
• Preformed account reconciliations on the general ledger on a 28 day cycle.
• Responsible for the creation of budget numbers on a yearly basis.
• Handled audits on personal and real property taxes.
• Handled audits and assisted with audit work papers for the yearly audit.
• Trained all accounting interns and assisted accounting employees with questions and training.
• Maintained the fixed asset database for 2 companies.
• Performed the semi-annual fixed assets reviews, disposed items, and posted journal entries to the general ledger for two companies.
• Custom reporting for operations comparing actual expenses to budget numbers.
• Custom reporting examining costs and profits using many variables.
- Corporate Accountant at Pennant Foods Corp
20 years at this Job
- Bachelors of Business Administration in Accounting & Finance - Accounting & Finance
• Audited 2017 financial statements and updated 2018 financials to date.
• Reconciled 2017 and 2018 bank accounts to general ledger.
• Reconciled inventory count to general ledger and created new inventory process to validate record integrity.
• Updated receivables by using company excel files. Collected over $50,000 of 2017 debt and recognized uncollectible debt.
• Reviewed and recorded daily journal entries to reflect operational activity in accordance with GAAP.
• Recorded 2017 acquisition of fixed assets.
• Analyzed and reconciled commission received and commission paid to T-Mobile stores.
• Recorded accrued commission received and entered reversing entry to commission paid.
• Prepared commission distributions for all dealer stores.
• Consolidated quarterly corporate and store financials for management review (70 T-Mobile stores).
• Reorganized the chart of accounts for a better understanding of the financial state of the company.
• Examined financial statements, maintained work papers to test the data and discussed any issues with team members.
• Created reports to communicate audit findings to the CPA and CEO.
• Trained accountant on QuickBooks, intuit online payroll and main job responsibilities.
- Corporate Accountant at United Wireless, Inc
- Accountant at PCS Experts, Inc
- Accounting Intern at Champion Homebuilders
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Accounting
Duties included monthly financials for 32 companies (29 apt complexes, 2 construction companies, 1 management company, & 1 investment company); payables for all 28 apt complexes; 180 bank reconciliations; qrtly reporting to sydicators, qtrly payroll reporting, W2's & 1099's. Previously monthly credit bureau reporting for 1027 tenants, court filings (evictions, small claims, garnishments), prepared files for collections, insurance liability compliance of subcontractors, government compliance of subcontractors, & file weekly government reporting on subcontractor. (Quickbooks) June 2007 - present. Current salary $73,346.00 GUMBK Contractors - Payroll Clerk. Drug testing, fingerprinting, safety films, daily variance report on labor hours of budget for supervisors, & ordered supplies for contractor at TVA Colbert Steam Plant during outage. Tee Jays Manufacturing - Accountant. Duties included cash management, wire transfers, bank deposits, bank reconciliation, journal entries, ADP payroll (350 employees), excel spreadsheets, backup for accounts payable, backup for invoicing, and backup for inventory costing. ECM Hospital - Unit Manager. Duties included payroll (191 employees), work schedules, budgets, variance reports, ordered supplies, interview/hire/conference employees for nursing staff on 1st, 2nd, & 5th floors. Florence Hospital - Accountant. Duties included bank deposits, journal entries, analyze accounts, sales tax reports, bank reconciliation, supervised accounts payable and accounts receivable. Huntsville Lumber Company - Controller. Supervised accounting staff. Prepared financial statements, W2's, 1099's, quarterly reporting, employee insurance. Other work experience available upon request.
- Corporate Accountant at Greer Management
11 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- Bachelor of Science - Human Resource
Manage daily bank activity to close out corporate branch accounts at month end, tying out corporate ledger accounts to bank ledger, prepare property taxes, census reports, annual reports for warehouses spaning 12 states, used fixed asset software to calculate monthly depreciation, add/delete assets, reconcile to ledger each month, maintain warehouse efficiency report showing orders picked per man hour using payroll and JD Edwards AS400, travel to warehouses semi-annually to oversee the inventory process, run variance reports, tie inventory to ledger, find gain or loss, maintain lease schedules for all warehouses using Microsoft Access, AR Recononciliation, Import Purchases. Utilized Excel, AS400, Access, Fixed Asset Manager, Census Software.
- Corporate Accountant at LaSalle Bristol
- Staff Accountant at American Licorice
- Internship at Wojtysiak & Company LLC
4 years at this Job
- BA - Accounting
Analyze and researched reporting issues to improve accounting operations procedures. Review monthly balance sheet accounts for corporate reporting. Generate financial statements and facilitated account closing procedures each month. Perform complex general accounting functions, including preparation of journal entries, account analysis, balance sheet reconciliations and Pivot Tables.
- Corporate Accountant at GST Acquisition Inc
- Controller And Manager at Cappello & Noel, LLP
- Assistant Controller at Lutz Roofing Company
- Staff Accountant at Creative Techniques, Inc
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Of Accountancy - Business Administration
- Associates of Business Management - Business Management
• Work closely with Controller and Accounting team to ensure all assigned invoices were paid in a timely manner.
• Responsible for all accounts payable for corporate office.
• Responsible for all accounts receivable and creating processes for two special properties (a campground and a small hotel) that are owned by the company.
• Responsible for making all loan payments on several entities.
• Responsible for monthly reconciling the campground and hotel operating accounts.
• Filing occupancy and sales tax reports to county and state agencies.
- Corporate Accountant at Tribute Companies
- Office Manager/Bookkeeper/Legal Assistant at Hodges Coxe Potter & Phillips, LLP
- Office Manager/Legal Assistant at Broadwell Phillips & Potter
- General Laborer at Coastal Cabinets
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminology
- Associate - General Education (Also Year of Graphic Design)