• Legal research
• Legal liability analysis
• Business development Licensing compliance
• Strategic partner
• Effective communicator LEGAL EXPERIENCE Attorney, Dedicated Contract Specialist, Thomson Reuters, Eagan, Minn. (Jan. 2016 - present)
• Review, negotiate, and draft complex software and IT agreements. Negotiate and advise terms and conditions of SaaS and PaaS agreements.
• Advise and effectively communicate with finance and business unit senior leadership the risks and liabilities of modifying contract terms and conditions.
• Oversee and collaborate with individual business units to streamline and simplify the contracting process for sales staff. In 2018 this lead to increased revenue, reduced contract disputes, and less liability when implemented by non-attorneys.
• Assist in creation of a digital contracting process for sales organization. Resulting in an increase in contract efficiency while limiting liability for sales organization.
• Counsel cross-functional business partners in finance and compliance to minimize risk of revenue loss and misappropriation of intellectual property by drafting and implementing updated contract terms.
• Interpret and advise business units on customer requested contract language modifications.
- Corporate Attorney at Thomson Reuters
- Attorney, Account Manager at Thomson Reuters
- Owner at Heitkamp Legal, LLC
- Attorney Editor at Thomson Reuters
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration - Business Administration
Manage and advise on all aspects of operating the business, including advising directors of the company at board meetings. Prepare board resolutions, minutes, agenda, and legal reports for directors of the board. Review legal trends, laws, litigation and insurance claims, compliance, risk, health and safety plans, and financial plans with the board of directors. Assist senior management in developing corporate governance, policy, and business planning. Advise management and employees on general legal issues concerning contracts, ethics, liability, employment and labor law, business regulations, and intellectual property inquiries. Draft, review, and negotiate general business contracts, documents, and legal correspondence. Minimize corporate risk by reviewing project services and contractual language. Ensure corporate registration and compliance with federal law and regulations. Manage and supervise insurance policies, renewals and claims. Assist in collection claims and delinquent accounts. Coordinate and manage claims and litigation with outside counsel. Prepare, draft, and review business and legal documents for mergers and acquisitions. Perform due diligence reviews in preparation for mergers and acquisitions and assist in acquisition integration. Negotiate and review commercial and residential real property leases. Counsel employees regarding lease terms and agreements. Negotiate and resolve tenant and landlord disputes. Provide in-person and webinar training on risk management and claims avoidance. Manage international business, projects, registrations, and outside foreign legal counsel.
- Corporate Attorney at HDR, Inc
- Adjunct Professor at HDR, Inc
- Law Clerk. Second-chair at Department of Justice, U.S. Attorney's Office
- Project Law Clerk at Department of Justice, U.S. Attorney's Office
13 years, 7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Law
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
- - Oil and Gas Law, and Alternative Dispute Resolution Classes
• Corporate generalist experienced in contract drafting and negotiation (including master agreements, NDAs, SOWs, consulting agreements, SaaS agreements, and software licensing agreements), project management across internal teams and external counterparties, and managing relationships with outside counsel.
• Managed Corporate's OFAC Sanctions Compliance Program, including revising and updating the company's policy, implementing screening procedures, and developing and providing user trainings and materials.
• Responsible for overseeing compliance with and administration of various Corporate policies; preparing and coordinating materials in advance of Board of Director and Committee meetings; and general corporate housekeeping.
• Experience with evaluating innovative projects for potential IP rights, reviewing M&A documents, and negotiating ISDA agreements.
- Corporate Attorney at American Tower Corporation
- Law Clerk-to-Attorney Contractor at American TOwer
- Corporate Legal Intern at American Tower
- Intern at Milligan Coughlin L.L.C
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor's - Legal Studies
Advise senior management team on major legal issues facing the credit union, including regulatory compliance, human resources matters, vendor management, and litigation * Negotiate, draft, and review contracts between credit union and third- party service providers * Represent the credit union in small litigation matters and assist in managing outside counsel in major litigation matters * Provide real-time legal assistance to branch managers, customer service representatives, and other front-line employees as they respond to customer concerns regarding probate matters, small business formation and governance, powers of attorney, and other legal issues * Assist in the formation of credit union service organizations, and provide general counsel services to the organizations as they provide IT and mortgage origination services to credit unions and their members
- Corporate Attorney at Desert Financial Federal
- Associate at Friedman& Balint, P.C
- Deputy County Attorney at Maricopa County Attorney's
- Associate at Squire Sanders (US) LLP
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
- - Constitutional Law
New York, NY July 1992 – June 2012. Operating Remotely July 2012 – Present, North Carolina. General representation of clients in connection with corporate and commercial matters, including entity formation and housekeeping, public and private securities offerings, financings, venture capital, M&A, strategic alliances and licensing. Emphasis on representing start-up and emerging companies; and drafting, negotiating and implementing broad array of corporate, commercial, software and technology transactions and agreements. Since July 2000 I have supplemented my above solo corporate practice with substantive in-house corporate counsel positions. See selected assignments listed immediately below:
- Business/Corporate Attorney at Law Office of James P. Childers
- Corporate Counsel. Temporary, Full Time at Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
- Outside General Counsel at SwapsTech
- Corporate Counsel. Temporary, Full Time at Wells Fargo & Company
26 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.A. - Political Science
Demonstrated working knowledge of police policy and procedure responsible for determining legal theory of liability, investigate and gather evidence to prosecutel clients' claims. Duties including but not limited to:
• Work within complex business model and comply with internal policies and State legal practice legislation;
• Personable and professional client development and management to ensure repeat business;
• Carry out all phases of litigation, including negotiations, memorandums, motions, depositions, filing suit and going to trial;
• In-depth legal research and analysis of evidence;
• Maintain high-level confidentiality and attorney-client privilege;
• Accurate record maintenance and weekly reporting;
• Crash investigation specialist; and
• Collaborate with senior management and other attorneys to achieve best outcome for client and business.
- Corporate Attorney at Morris Bart, LLC
- Principal Attorney at Russell & Koob, LLC
- Assistant at Morris Bart, LLC
- Police Sergeant at Neosho Police Department
1 year at this Job
- Juris Doctorate in Law - Law
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Psychology
- Certificate - Law Enforcement
- High School Diploma
• Negotiate and draft a range of commercial and technology agreements including vendor contracts, licensing and distribution agreements, software licensing (inbound, outbound, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)), professional services, product development, content/data, and marketing agreements.
• Review, draft and redline global data processing agreements, amendments and/or addendums for compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679 or any subsequent or enacting legislation pursuant, including data protection laws and regulations of the European Union, European Economic Area, their member states, and the United Kingdom, applicable to the processing of personal data.
• Review and advise on applicable security laws to ensure investor compliance.
• Review confidentiality agreements for investment bank managers who will either receive or disclose non-public, confidential or proprietary information (i.e., business affairs, analyses, portfolio information, clients or market opportunities) in order to evaluate or implement a potential investment.
• Develop innovative approach to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives.
• Advise business clients on legal concepts and the application of law to facts.
- Corporate Attorney at Axiom Law
- Attorney/Mediator at Law Offices of Kimyada C. Guevara, P.C
- Lawyer on the Line Volunteer Attorney at Legal Aid of North Carolina
- Senior Sourcing Analyst at Kelly Services (Contractor at Ally Financial, Inc.)
11 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Certificate of Merit
SECRETARY for SUBSIDIARIES - Andrew Corporation, Orland Park, IL, (15 years) - reduced legal risk exposure and formulated standard in-house efficiencies in benefits, real estate, acquisitions, litigation management, and environmental in national and international operations.
- CORPORATE ATTORNEY and ASSISTANT CORPORATE at SUBSIDIARIES - Andrew Corporation
- ATTORNEY - Rooks at Pitts and Poust
- ATTORNEY/CONSULTANT at MetLife, Inc
15 years at this Job
- LL.M. in tax - tax
- license - law
• Consult with clients on personal and business matters in various practice areas, advising them of appropriate legal actions.
• Advise and negotiate on behalf of parties related to the purchase and sale of businesses.
• Draft and negotiate various corporate and legal documents including stock and asset purchase agreements, letters of intent, confidentiality agreements, operating agreements, employment and non-compete contracts, commercial leases, membership interest purchase agreements, escrow agreements, disclosure schedules, due diligence reports, board resolutions, and various real estate and financing documents.
• Represent clients in a variety of commercial and business disputes.
• Lead counsel on the $10 million sale of a consumer goods distribution business.
- Associate Corporate Attorney at Perret Doise, L.L.C
- Summer Law Clerk at Bradley Murchison Kelly & Shea, LLC
- Magistrate Judge Richard Bourgeois at Middle District of Louisiana
- Office Assistant at The Rabalais Law Firm
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- J.D. - LSU Journal of Energy Law & Resources
- B.S. - Finance
• Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination (Series 65)
• Conduct and Practices HandBook (CPH - Equivalent: Series 63)
• Canadian Securities Course (CSC - Equivalent: Series 7)
• Options Licensing Course (OLC - Equivalent: Series 4)
• Life License Qualification Program (LLQP)
• Derivatives Fundamentals Course (DFC)
• Canadian Insurance Course (CIC)
- Actively Licensed Corporate Attorney (U.S.) at Chartered Financial Analyst Candidate
- at Aliant International, LLP
- Chairman at RBN Group
- Executive Board Member & CCO at Norico Incorporated
18 years, 2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Corporate / M&A Law