Provide legal services for the US subsidiary of a multinational environmental services corporation. Began managing the legal issues associated with the company's commercial operations on Long Island as the project attorney for the largest public-private partnership in U.S. water utility history, a $1.2 billion municipal wastewater management agreement with Nassau County. Currently manage the legal affairs of over forty operation and maintenance projects across North America, specializing in government contract, Request for Proposal (RFP) and bid drafting, review, and interpretation with shared focus on handling complex vendor, license, software, and purchase agreement redlining and negotiation. Provide legal assistance on other issues sounding in regulatory compliance, employment law, labor law, and corporate governance. Monitor and inform company personnel of relevant changes in law that may impact the company's contractual obligations, license agreements, and operations and maintenance agreements.
- Corporate Attorney at SUEZ North America Inc
- Regulatory Counsel at Intercos America Inc
- Graduate Assistant to Professor Jay Carlisle at Pace Law School, White Plains
- Law Clerk; Junior Associate at Jones Morrison, LLP
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- - General
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
- High School Diploma - French
Partner: January 2018 - December 2018
Associate: May 2015 - December 2017
• Counseled private equity funds, privately held and public companies, and individuals in connection with a variety of transactions, including leveraged and strategic acquisitions and divestitures, equity and debt financings and investments, recapitalizations, corporate restructurings, and other unique transactions. Representative industries include: automotive and manufacturing; higher education; medical device; gaming and hospitality; building supply; and enterprise technologies, products, and services.
• Advised privately held companies on general commercial and corporate matters, including with respect to: agreements to license, purchase or provide various technologies, goods or services; compensation arrangements and plans; corporate governance and compliance matters; and acting as outside general counsel to portfolio companies of private equity fund clients.
• Regularly engaged in firm leadership and attorney development. Representative activities included: participating on the firm's attorney development committee, which functions as liaison between attorneys and management; serving as a formal and informal mentor to a number of corporate associates; creating and hosting an informal, bi-weekly lunch program for first-year corporate associates, as well as presenting to associates as part of the corporate department's formal training program; planning and compiling resources for a knowledge management database and evaluating machine-learning software for purposes of facilitating contract review and other transactional applications.
- Corporate Attorney at Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP
- Associate, Corporate Practice Group at Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Associate, Corporate Practice Group at Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP
- Legal Intern at EMC Corporation, Legal Department, Corporate Group
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor's - Philosophy; Sociology
Assisted in developing and managing of the company's intellectual property (IP) portfolio. Prepared standard patent prosecution and IP-related agreements, organized and managed IP portfolio, prepared patent portfolio summaries and served as a point of contact and source of instructions for outside patent counsel. Maintained and reviewed non-disclosure agreements, service agreements, research agreements, technology transfer agreements, and statements of work. Assisted the Chief Legal Counsel with drafting, distributing and managing basic corporate resolutions and routine Board minutes. Prepared various documents in support of the company's public-company disclosure obligations, such as Forms 3, 4 and 5, 8K, and, as requested, 10Q and 10K. Provided administrative and logistical support for the company's board of director and its committees (collectively, "Board"), prepared materials for Board meetings, including agendas and presentations. Provided regulatory and compliance assistance for preparation and filing of US and EMEA medical device applications. Researched and interpreted CAPA reports. Reviewed, updated and trained employees concerning the company's code of conduct and other corporate policies and procedures. Monitored company's whistleblower site and served as interim Compliance Officer. Researched, implemented and trained employees in GDPR compliance.
- Corporate Attorney at HTG Molecular Diagnostics, Inc
- In-House Counsel at Tucson Toros Professional Baseball Team/Broadcast Intelligence
- In-House Corporate Attorney at Global Solar Energy, Inc
- Post Grad Intern at Global Solar Energy, Inc
11 months at this Job
- LL.M. in Intellectual Property Technology and Commerce - Intellectual Property Technology and Commerce
- - International Intellectual Property Law and Licensing
- Juris Doctor
- B.A. in Political Science and French - Political Science and French
Perform outside General Counsel activities for small to mid-market corporate clients. Activities include M&A, venture capital financing, drafting corporate governance documents, employment law, commercial lease transactions, quiet title actions, foreclosures, evictions, trademark registration, and business entity formation (LLC, corporation, non-profit, HOA).
- Corporate Attorney at H.A. Phillips Law, LLC
- CFO, Vice President - Operations, General Counsel at Cultiva, LLC
- Director, Water Division Commercial Operations at Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc
- General Counsel at EffectiveUI, Inc
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- B.S. - Chemical Engineering
* Active, executive level consultation covering North America, Asia, EU, and Central/South America facilities and operations for a private equity owned tire manufacturing company (e.g. intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, and lawsuits). * Corporate governance support and record keeping responsibilities for executive leadership team meetings. * Develop and communicate company policy and position on legal issues (both domestic and international). * Assist Human Resources in current and potential employment litigation matters, including but not limited to EEOC investigation, workers' compensation claims, and claims of wrongful termination and discrimination. * Work with Logistics and Supply Chain to support Import/Export and material agreements. * Guide managers and ensure compliance with various company and governmental rules and regulations, including NHTSA regulations. * Structure, draft and review reports and other legal documents for the executive leadership team. * Represent company in legal proceedings (administrative boards, courtroom, etc.). * Manage outside counsel during litigation and various other activities with an eye towards rates and budgets. * Draft, revise, review and advise on all levels of domestic and international contracts, including but not limited to employment agreements (NDAs and non-competes), maintenance contracts for manufacturing facilities, and logistics/distribution contracts. *Knowledgeable and experienced with real estate environmental laws/issues, real estate financing/insurance, Payment-in-Lieu-of Taxes (PILOT) arrangements with Industrial Development Boards (IDBs) & similar quasi-government agencies. * Advise on a wide variety of consumer law and product warranty matters.
- Corporate Attorney/Corporate Secretary at The Carlstar Group, LLC
- General Counsel at Hunter Marine Transport
- Commercial Transactions Attorney at Stone Energy
- Attorney/Area Land Negotiator at Noble Energy, Inc
2 years at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- B.S. - Business Administration
* Draft, review, redline, and negotiate various master agreements, customer agreements, partner (services subcontractor) agreements, OEM/Publisher agreements, vendor agreements, and Statements of Work. * Assess, analyze, and present legal and business risks to stakeholders including the Chief Financial Officer, Director of Business and Legal Affairs, Chief Sales Officer, and other interested parties. * Help develop and maintain the agreement database and contract tracking system. * Manage a heavy volume of contracts from start to signature, requiring input from various stakeholders and a high attention to detail. * Perform due diligence to ensure contracts and agreements are properly vetted and prepared for execution within a high pressure and time sensitive sales environment. * Conduct meetings with sales and other stakeholders to apprise them of the status and progress of ongoing negotiations. * Develop language directory and create efficiencies in the contracting process. * Create and present legal trainings to staff regarding various legal matters in order to ameliorate risk to the company. * Research and review laws and regulations to assist management in formulating sound company policy. * Review and create human resources policy and help manage human resources problems from a legal perspective as they arise. * Maintain strict confidentiality in the handling of all information. * Manage time schedule effectively while working remotely.
- Corporate Attorney at Zones, Inc
- Contract Negotiator at CDW, LLC
- Legal Intern at Tabak Law, LLC
- Legal Intern at National Labor Relations Board
3 years at this Job
- Masters in Human Resources and Labor Relations - Human Resources and Labor Relations
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology - Sociology
Sole attorney in legal department for franchisees in food industry
• Advise employer on latest Employment & Labor Laws
•Workers Compensation maintenance and successfully saved company over $100k in premium costs from the previous year
• Prepare written opinions to legal questions
•Draft Settlement Agreements & Other contracts for entities
• Provide legal advisement to payroll and marketing team
• Human Resources and Benefits Administration to entire company
• High success rate for EDD & Labor Board hearings
• Draft correspondence to various government boards
• Successfully Handle Employment & ADA litigation matters
• Interface with Landlords, Brokers, vendors and outside counsel
• Reviewing LOI's and offers on purchase and sale agreements
• Commercial Lease drafting, negotiations and maintenance
• Review loan and refinance documents
• Draft formation documents and meeting minutes for entities
• Review of CC&R's and ensure compliance
• Conduct Employee Complaint Investigations to ensure observance and prevent litigation
• Human Resources Training
- In-House Corporate Attorney at Team ABC, LLC
- Associate Attorney at Discoe, Bassett, McMains & Kargozar
- Law Clerk at Tredway, Lumsdaine & Doyle
4 years, 10 months at this Job
Assist in drafting employee handbook; work with various departments; resolve contract disputes; legal research and writing; compile non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, and other various contracts
- Corporate Attorney at Quiet Professionals, LLC
- Unmanned Vehicle Systems Int. (AUVSI) Tampa Satellite Ch., Board Secretary at Memberships and Organizations
- Mentor at Gulfport Elementary School
- Anchor Glass Container Corp at
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Law
Corporate attorney with 15+ years of experience in broad range of industries including commercial real estate, health care, hospitality and technology. Strong management and leadership skills with an emphasis on providing practical solutions to complex legal and business issues. Areas of expertise include: Commercial Contracts, Corporate Governance, Leasing, M&A, Privacy and Software and Technology Licensing.
Ruberto, Israel & Weiner, PC, Boston, MA, Senior Corporate Associate January, 2007 to Present
Member Commercial Real Estate, Retail and Hospitality and Technology Groups
Represent and advise privately held companies in all facets of their expansion and business operations. Such representation includes:
• Structuring and negotiating asset and real estate purchases, mergers, acquisitions and other complex business agreements and equity and debt financings.
• Drafting and negotiating commercial leases, service agreements, business partner agreements, management agreements, distribution agreements, reseller agreements, confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements, business associate agreements, website agreements and software and technology license agreements.
• Advising on employment related matters, including equity and other incentive arrangements and employment and severance agreements.
• Negotiating on behalf of borrowers in commercial lending transactions.
• Preparing materials for, and participating in, meetings of stockholders and boards of directors.
• Communicating daily with founders, officers, in-house counsel and opposing counsel on various business and legal matters.
- Corporate attorney at Ruberto, Israel & Weiner, PC
- Corporate Associate at Chu, Ring & Hazel, LLP
- Listings Analyst at Boston Stock Exchange
- Legal Intern, Office of General Counsel at
12 years at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Corporate and Securities Law
• Resolve federal and state tax debt cases involving business and personal accounts.
• Obtain information on client accounts from Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and state tax departments including Account Transcripts, Tax Return Transcripts, Wage and Income Transcripts, and Payoff Calculators via IRS Practitioner Priority Line and E-Services, and various other taxing agencies.
• Review cases involving corporate tax, employment tax, unemployment tax, excise tax, sales tax, estate tax, and personal income tax.
• Conduct client interviews and collect and compile client information.
• Educate and advise clients on required tax filings and payments.
• Prepare business and personal financial statements; assess financial situations of businesses and individuals and advise as to issues and means for improvement.
• Perform bookkeeping and other accounting tasks for clients' business entities.
• Provide a variety of services related to notices of tax lien including facilitating lien subordinations, lien discharges, and lien releases.
• Perform searches of the public record for purposes of discovering information related to liens, businesses, property and more.
• Advise clients on potential restructure of their business entity and/or personal standard of living when necessary or otherwise beneficial.
• Advise clients on proper treatment and disposition of business and personal assets.
• Propose resolutions of clients' tax accounts supported by well documented and detailed financial statements.
• Extensive experience with IRS tax debt resolutions and state tax department resolutions including but not limited to full pay, partial pay, and various streamline installment agreements, currently non-collectible status, offers in compromise, and innocent spouse relief.
• Communicate with IRS Automated Collections Systems Representatives, Revenue Officers, Revenue Agents, Compliance Officers, Collection Advisory Officers and Representatives employed in other departments of the Internal Revenue Service and state taxing agencies.
• Advise clients as to how to properly close a business including filing final returns, drafting articles of dissolution and the wrapping up of other various financial affairs.
• Conduct training of staff in Legal Department of business.
• Participate in business decisions and strategy development regarding marketing of tax resolution and preparation services.
• Handle the vast majority of all corporate legal and administrative matters on behalf of the business and business owner.
- Lead Tax Attorney and Corporate Attorney at Quicken Tax Relief, Inc
- Tax Attorney at Accelerated Tax Solutions
- Tax Attorney & Accountant at KWS CPA, PA
- Associate Attorney at Hodges & King, PA
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Doctorate - Law
- Bachelor's - Political Science (Major) and Legal Studies (Minor)