Alexandria, VA Sept 2018 - Nov 2018 Sub-Acute Care Hospital Group in DC and Louisiana ✴ Corporate Controller
- Corporate Controller at BridgePoint Healthcare
- Director of Budget & Financial Planning at Not-for-Profit Hospital Corporation
- Controller at NATIONAL INSULATION ASSOCIATION
2 months at this Job
- MBA - Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts
Corporate Controller overseeing a $1 Billion integrated family of companies in the retail, oil and gas, trucking, and financial services business.
- Corporate Controller at Confidential
- Chief Financial Officer at PHIPPS ANDERSON DEACON LLP
- Vice President of Finance at KELLEY BEAN COMPANY, INC
- Director of Finance and Controller at VILORE FOODS COMPANY, INC
2 years at this Job
- MBA - Executive Program
- BBA Accounting
direct) 4 (Indirectly), in Indiana and Michigan. Responsible for overseeing all bills for the direct hotels
• Support all hotels
• Maintain all records, constantly seeking new ways to improve customer service.
• Corporate Controller
- Corporate Controller at 5 Hotels
- General Manager at Client Support
11 years at this Job
- - Business Administration
Oakland, California 2017 to Present
B Corporation, leveraging high-volume office supplies distribution to support local charities.
Lead all business and operational functional areas, including Accounting/Finance, HR, Purchasing, and Distribution.
• Manage all accounting activities, including GL, AR, AP, Cost, Payroll, etc.
• Coordinate monthly closing process; publish timely and accurate financial statements; analyze variances, etc.
• Monitor and forecast cash flow; manage all treasury activities and banking relationships.
• Prepare annual operating and capital budgets.
• Manage purchasing and strategic procurement functions.
• Lead distribution and delivery operations; maximize route/stop efficiencies.
• Work with outside CPA firm on annual audit; manage all tax filings.
• Manage external relationships with bank, and key suppliers.
• Manage HR, including recruiting and benefits.
• High volume business; 15k unique invoice transactions/month; 50k SKUs; 3k customers.
- Corporate Controller at Give Something Back Workplace Solutions
- SaaS start-up and Salesforce AppExchange partner at APPBUDDY
- Vice President at INTELLIGRATED
- Controller / Director of Business Operations at FLYING COLORS, INC
2 years at this Job
- Business Admin / Accounting - Business Administration / Accounting
• Hired as Corporate Controller for $1 Billion+ holding company with six operating subsidiaries; Fikes Wholesale Inc., GPS Trucking, JF Air, CEFCO, Fikes Terminals, Cord Financial
• Served as interim controller for CEFCO Convenience Stores with 223 retail locations, $800MM revenue
• Consolidated food stamp processing providers into one low priced EMV chip enabled solution
• Automated maintenance vendor invoicing which reduced manual processing of 40% of total AP invoices
• Implemented processes to digitally file all paperwork towards a goal of a 100% paperless environment
• Implemented Sage Fixed Asset System to upgrade tracking and invoice image capture for all assets
• Revised personal property tax rendition values for 2018 saving 271k in property tax cost
• Implemented processes that increase efficiency and accuracy in consolidating the financial statements
- Corporate Controller at CEFCO Convenience Stores
- Chief Financial Officer at Phipps Anderson Deacon
- VP Finance at Kelley Bean Company
- Director of Finance and Controller at VILORE FOODS COMPANY, INC
2 years at this Job
- M.B.A. - Executive Program
- B.B.A. - Accounting
Costa Mesa, CA 2015-2018
Mid-size private merchant credit card, ACH (SaaS solution) and prepaid account processing firm with 30 million in revenue.
• Managed external and internal financial reporting process to ensure the company is in full compliance with the GAAP and Covenant requirements. Coordinated with all levels of managements to gain assurance that all reports are accurate and complete with fluctuations identified and explained.
• Automated variety of accounting transactions that were time consuming for the team on Sage/ Mas 200 system.
• Collaborated with operation team and bridged the gap on any issues with the accounting team.
• Streamlined policy and procedures for the Accounting department as well of the risk/compliance and HR. Also Participated heavy in cross functional business processes; improved the process through sharing knowledge and increased interaction.
● Responsible for day to day Operation of accounting and financing activity at the firm. Supervised two Staff accountants. Responsible for timely processing of the daily cash forecast, accounts receivable and accounts payable. Handled the fixed assets ledger, the property tax and the depreciation.
● Prepared the annual budget. Maintained all banking relationships, and all financing aspects.
● Maintained the books of other related investment partnerships and prepared consolidated financials.
● Identified, researched and documented technical accounting treatment memos and accounting issues.
● Assisted the auditors with preparation of the various audits, annual audit, compliance with various bank, corporate tax; handled 401k trustee and reporting; handled worker's comp audit.
● Calculated the commission made to external agents and as well as internal agents.
● Performed all balance sheet reconciliations; and month to month variance analysis; Prepared the monthly Financials. Calculated Partners' distribution. Analyzed discrepancies between budget and actual.
● Prepared payroll and handled all benefit administration. Directed day to day Human resources functions, include policy explanation, employee relations, coaching, compensation planning, compliance issues and training development and health insurance.
● Worked with Tax CPA to assure tax compliance. Managed annual audits and compliance audits pertaining to the operation.
- Corporate Controller at Cliq
- Controller at Pacific Logistics
- Controller at Consulting Roles
- Senior Accounting Manager at Metrolink
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
- Hollywood, FL Mar 2017 to Present
A privately held company with unique investment, development, construction and management opportunities. The
Company is involved in single-family residential construction to multi-family residential, commercial retail,
commercial office and hospitality projects and provides premium development, construction, consultation and management services.
• Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, complete inter-company transactions for multiple entities and implementing policies and procedures.
• Review financial reporting packages (Construction, Retail, HOAs) and provided comments to accountants.
• Manages a team of twelve (12) employees which includes managers, accounts payable, and accountants.
• Finalize Treasury Management Reports, Capital Calls and Construction Draws for ongoing projects.
• Calculated monthly distribution to investors based on Operating Agreement.
• Liaison between lenders and investors.
- Corporate Controller at Prime Group US
- Temporary Contract at VCM Construction, Inc
- Temporary Assignments/Consulting at
- Regional Controller at Equity One, Inc
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
As the Corporate Controller of New Horizons Hospitality, I have converted 8 hotels to M3 Accounting and M3 Operations. I have established payroll cost control procedures to save up to 20 percent in housekeeping payroll costs. I have taken a disorganized. poorly trained department and turned it into a well- oiled machine. I prepare financials, sales taxes and various reports for all 8 hotels. My only reason for leaving my current employer is that the owner is turning the hotels over to another management company. I love Houston and have family in the area so I would like to remain in Houston. I am a Louisiana CPA.
- Corporate Controller at New Horizons Hospitality
- Chief Financial Officer at Averill Hospitality
- owner and operator at Hotel Controller, Inc
- Corporate Controller at Ascension Hotels
9 months at this Job
- Professional Accountancy - Accountancy
Silver Spring, MD (September 2017 to May 2018)
A private holding company for activities and assets of entrepreneur John Hendricks, the Founder of Discovery Communications, Inc., affiliates own and/or operate including CuriosityStream and resort in Maryland and Colorado.
• Responsible for preparation and review of annual audit workpapers for ten entities prepared by staff accountant with increasingly complex organizational structure, and act as primary contact for external auditors. Reported to Corporate CFO.
• Prepared monthly financial reports for ten entities and lead subsequent meetings with entity heads for review.
• Managed and responsible for tracking and accurate recording of all entities fixed assets in various industries.
• Managed and acted as liaison for monthly payroll for four payroll entities including benefit deductions, accruals and group term life insurance benefits.
• Managed and acted as liaison for employee benefit administration, including re-evaluation of health insurance with health savings account component and retirement plan benefits on an annual basis.
• Managed and act as liaison with insurance agent for annual renewal and reviews of business insurance.
• Responsible for quarterly consolidation of all entities and preparation of personal financial statements for third parties.
• Analyzed, monitored and managed weekly cash requirements for consolidated group.
• Responsible for online bill payments, approving invoices and working through complicated vendor issues.
• Created a motivated environment and empowered team to improve daily accounting process.
- Corporate Controller at Hendricks Investment Holdings, LLC
- Assistant Controller at Lansinoh Laboratories, Inc
- Senior Accountant at The US Oncology Network
- Accountant, General Ledger Accounting at Virginia Hospital Center
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
Houston, January 2015 to Present
PSSI Group (PE backed-Goldman Sachs)supply and service the pipeline, oil and gas transmission, drilling and distribution, general construction, mining and power plant construction industries with a wide variety of products shipped from strategically located distribution points across Corporate Controller
• Finance lead for setting up Shared Services for PSSI group of companies resulting in cost savings
• Merge and Consolidate financial information existing on different platforms
• Perform due diligence and integration of acquisitions, including forecasting and preparing future business plans.
• Establish financial review and reporting metrics in collaboration with operational leaders.
• Negotiate risk contracts and health insurance to produce cost savings
• Renegotiated Merchant Service, Corporate Credit Card and other Contracts for Cost Savings
• Reduce DSO by 30% while improving processes and metrics to analyze results
• Decrease payable processing costs through optimized processes and automation
• Consolidate banking operations to increase efficiency and reduce costs
• Work with Lawyers on various legal matters
• Working with Baird, LEK, KPMG and PE firm prepping Business overview, forecast for sale of PSSI
- Corporate Controller at PSSI Group
- DIRECTOR - CORPORATE CONTROLLER at RediClinic
- Regional controller at Staples Print Solutions
- Corporate Controller at LetsTalk.com
4 years at this Job
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Accountant
- Bachelors in Accounting - Accounting