Worked as the corporate controller of three golf courses and a sod farm. Handle all aspects of accounting for the properties-payroll, A/P, A/R. Corporate accounting staff of three. Great Plains/Quickbooks software/IBS Point of Sale
- Corporate Controller at Legacy Golf Management
- Financial Controller at SHERATON ATLANTA
- Financial Controller at Radisson Plaza Hotel
- Controller at Radisson Admiral Semmes
16 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Accounting
2K leading contract manufacturer dedicated exclusively to Mid-Luxury and Prestige Brands. * Supports all aspects of manufacturing production and accounting management (fixed assets, A/P, budgeting, tax, reporting, etc.) * Hired to stream-line month-end close process and developed good internal control practices Close * Coordinate financial audits with the VP and CFO * Delegate data entry tasks with junior accounting staff * Establish internal control systems to prevent inaccuracies in financial statements * Reconcile accounts quarterly * Assist with the processing and submission of invoices * Review financial data on a monthly basis and consult with VP about problems or discrepancies * Developed improved financial close processes, management audit process and increased accounts payable controls. * Prepared supporting adhoc schedules and summary reports as required by the Corporate Controller and CFO * Organized internal audits, external audits, and staff and facilitated remediation efforts.
- Corporate Controller at Paklab
- Accounting Manager at Earle M. Jorgensen Steel
- Consultant at C- David Lewis Company
- Director of Internal Audit at New Horizons Computer Learning Ctr
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Accounting
Corporate Controller * Oversight and leadership of all aspects of the accounting team and functions for twenty assisted living facilities in seven states, totaling in excess of $50 million in revenue each year.
* Supervise the month end closing for all properties, including financial statement review, interpretation and budget variance analysis.
* Assist in maximization of facilities revenues and controlling of expenses, working closely with the operations staff.
• Responsible for the preparation of all twenty annual budgets working closely with the COO.
• Direct oversight of the employee 401K plan, and insurance renewals. * Developed, implemented and monitored accounting policies/procedures and internal controls. Major Accomplishments:
• Successfully implemented new software at 20 locations along with our Corporate Office.
• Routinely publish our financial statements, error free, a month earlier than prior Controller.
• Hired new staff, trained and mentor those employees for zero turnover in three years.
- Corporate Controller at Senior Services of America
- Corporate Controller at Sound Inpatient Physicians, Inc
- Temporary Corporate Controller at New Hope Healthcare Systems, LLC
- Chief Financial Officer at Nikkei Concerns
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Administration
2012 to October 2018
Anesthesia practice management and consulting company offering services to physician practices, hospitals and medical groups. Corporate Controller
Provided management and financial leadership to corporate entity (Plexus Management Group) as well as anesthesia practices throughout the United States. Net revenues for clients range from $2 million to $100 million.
• Complete responsibility for all controller functions, including Treasury and Cash Management, Financial Reporting, Financial Analysis, Budgeting, Payroll and Accounts Payable.
• Prepare and present monthly and quarterly financial results to client Board of Directors
• Responsible for coordination and timely completion of annual audit.
• Coordinate annual Form 5500 filings and audits of profit sharing plans.
• Work with CPA firms of clients to facilitate timely filing of all income tax returns
• Collaborate with practice operations, billing, IT, HR and legal departments to provide optimal client service.
- Corporate Controller at Plexus Management Group, Inc
- Corporate Controller, Chief Accounting Officer at NMT Medical, Inc
- Assistant Vice President, Corporate Financial Reporting/Accounting at The TJX Companies, Inc
- Manager of Corporate Budget/Financial Analysis at The TJX Companies, Inc
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Accounting
Perimeter Healthcare is a provider of integrated behavioral healthcare services currently operating ten behavioral healthcare facilities in five states. The company provides services in residential, acute, and outpatient settings and is focused on growth with plans to expand via acquisition and expansion of existing facilities.
• Directs the corporate Revenue Cycle teams in Atlanta and Nashville to ensure accurate billing and collections of >$40MM annually.
• Manages the corporate general ledger, payroll, and accounts payable staff in Atlanta and Nashville
• Prepares and presents monthly management reports for ten facilities
• Establishes and monitors internal control processes for financial operations
• Develops new accounting and business office policies and updates organization
• Prepares all facility cost reports
• Proposed, proved concept, and led implementation of Kronos WorkForce Ready for >900 employee group, resulting in a 30% reduction in payroll processing time each week for facilities and improving accuracy
• Manages annual 401k reconciliation and ERISA plan audit process
• Primary management of annual audit and liaison with external auditors
- Corporate Controller at Perimeter Healthcare, LLC
- Controller at Spooner Inc
- Cost Accountant/Sr. Financial/Operations Analyst at LifeLock, Inc
- Financial Operations Manager at Keldan Enterprises, LLC
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting/Finance
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science - French
• Acting Corporate Controller while permanent Controller out on maternity leave
• Completed the 2017 annual audit with Moss Adams as scheduled
• Completed the 2017 UK audit
• Worked with ACG to complete 2017 tax provision and corporate tax returns
• Managed a department of three accountants plus two foreign accounting firms
• Translated the UK and Taiwan financials monthly and consolidated the financial statement upon close
• Worked on Solium stock option projects related to an earlier refinancing
• Assisted the CFO with new debt financing
- Corporate Controller at Netbase Solutions, Inc
- Corporate Controller at Morpheus Data, Inc
- Worldwide Corporate Controller at OPENWAVE MESSAGING, INC
- Corporate Controller at COLLABNET, INC
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Financial Accounting
Responsibilities Assumed role of corporate controller after company was without a controller for 8 months. Brought all general ledger systems up to date, facilitated the completion of software conversion, moving from QuickBooks to Mas90, documenting system processes, train staff, write custom reports using Crystal 10, FRx and Excel. Created fixed assets of 1500 plus field assets in FAS and brought processes of returned rental assets back into inventory and accounted for return to repair stock. Conversion from Mas90 to Microsoft Dynamics-NAV September 2012. Process 35 State sales and use tax returns, process in-house payroll and payroll tax returns. Manage AR, AP, and HR departments. Generate monthly custom financial package, analyze financial condition of company, create forecasts and manage budget, work with outside accounting firm during annual review. Work with financial institutions to obtain financing and treasury management.
- Corporate Controller at OUTSITE NETWORKS, INC
- Corporate Controller at Medical Imaging Solutions
- Corporate Controller at CADILLAC JACK, INC
- Senior Vice President - Finance at S.P.RICHARDS CO
10 years, 3 months at this Job
- BS - Accounting
Privately held Company providing airguns, ammo and accessories for hunting, recreation and competition Corporate Controller (July 2017 to present)
• Responsibility for finance and accounting reporting to the Global Chief Financial Officer.
• Provide leadership and direction for the finance and accounting operations including accounts receivable, credit, accounts payable, inventory control, cost accounting, tax compliance, payroll, financial reporting and sales and operations planning.
• Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, initiating corrective actions and minimizing the impact of variances
• Instituted a timely, accurate financial reporting process, delivering a consistent monthly close.
• Responsible for consolidated reporting of domestic and international operations and monthly compliance reporting
• Coordinated bank refinancing project for term loan and asset based lending.
• Responsible for corporate debt compliance and cash forecasting
• Directed and implemented annual budget and operating plan.
• Assist the sales and operations team with forecasting and variance reporting.
• Coordinate annual audit and tax returns.
- Corporate Controller at Daisy Outdoor Products and Gamo USA
- Vice President of Finance at Crystal Lake Farms LLC
- Director of Accounting, Finance and IT at Mountain Valley Spring Company
- Vice President and Controller at Sager Creek Vegetable Company
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- - Business Administration Accounting
Alexandria, VA Sept 2018 - Nov 2018 Sub-Acute Care Hospital Group in DC and Louisiana ✴ Corporate Controller
- Corporate Controller at BridgePoint Healthcare
- Director of Budget & Financial Planning at Not-for-Profit Hospital Corporation
- Controller at NATIONAL INSULATION ASSOCIATION
2 months at this Job
- MBA - Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts
Houston, January 2015 to Present
PSSI Group (PE backed-Goldman Sachs) supply and service the pipeline, oil and gas transmission, drilling and distribution, general construction, mining and power plant construction industries with a wide variety of products shipped from strategically located distribution points across.
• Finance lead for setting up Shared Services for PSSI group of companies resulting in cost savings
• Merge and Consolidate financial information existing on different platforms
• Perform due diligence and integration of acquisitions, including forecasting and preparing future business plans.
• Establish financial review and reporting metrics in collaboration with operational leaders.
• Negotiate risk contracts and health insurance to produce cost savings
• Renegotiated Merchant Service, Corporate Credit Card and other Contracts for Cost Savings
• Reduce DSO by 30% while improving processes and metrics to analyze results
• Decrease payable processing costs through optimized processes and automation
• Consolidate banking operations to increase efficiency and reduce costs
• Work with Lawyers on various legal matters
• Working with Baird, LEK, KPMG and PE firm prepping Business overview, forecast for sale of PSSI
- Corporate Controller at PSSI Group
- Director, Corporate Controller at RediClinic
- Regional Controller at Staples Print Solutions
- Corporate Controller at LetsTalk.com
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Accountant
- Bachelor's in Accounting - Accounting