Saint Charles, IL & Southbury, CT Office Manager / Senior Account Manager / Corporate Event Planner | 1996 to Present Position Accountabilities: * Meticulously coordinate all aspects of projects from conception to successful completion while balancing conflicting priorities and strict deadlines. Exclusively accountable for office operations, maintaining accurate accounting records and accurate expense reports. Promote and market the business to new clients. * Lead corporate event planning initiatives including meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions worldwide for up to 3000 attendees. Coordinate additional event planning services for corporate events such as awards functions, sales promotions, training events, corporate conferences and team-building events. Selected Highlights: * Expanded the business by setting up new office in Saint Charles and increased brand awareness by utilizing social media marketing, networking and solutions selling skills. * Key representative and primary liaison between executive clients, staff and vendors while maintaining confidentiality. * Trusted to handle customers' clients and all related communication as an acting Executive Assistant. OF NOTE
- Office Manager / Senior Account Manager / Corporate Event Planner at CORPORATE TRAVEL CONCEPTS
- at Casual Catering
- Active Member at Meeting Professionals International
23 years, 2 months at this Job
• Responsible for providing executive and administrative duties for the VP of Sales & Marketing, and Business Development, as well as their staff as required
• Coordinate travel arrangements, both international and domestic: travel itineraries, agendas, visas, passports, documentation for foreign travel, expense reports, etc.
• Reconcile monthly expense reports in a timely manner and meeting deadlines as requested
• Assist in maintaining Outlook schedules to coordinate on-going meetings and functions: board meetings, leadership team meetings, weekly conference calls, employee meetings
• Perform a variety of coordinator duties, which may be complex and confidential
• First point of contact for outside sales department by greeting visitors, answer telephones, take messages, respond to general questions regarding the work of the department
• Maintain contact lists and employee lists to facilitate the effectiveness of multiple locations
• Manage mail with attention to due dates and actions required
• Produce a variety of materials: letters, memoranda, inter office communications, confidential presentations and reports
• Establish priorities for daily office activities; schedules and coordinates meetings chaired by Vice President and leadership staff at multiple locations Corporate Event Planner
• Corporate event planning including sourcing, organization and on-site execution of support of several sales, marketing and customer events annually
• Responsible for planning, coordinating and supporting annual customer sales meetings, conferences and external meetings nationally
• Responsible for site selection, negotiation of contracts for facilities, lodging, meals, travel, entertainments, security and other related activities
• Site visits for possible event locations, executive and group dinners, team building activities and product demonstrations
• Prepares request for vendor bids and reviews for competitiveness and performance
• Attend meetings, conferences as required: take meeting notes; assist in managing meetings, conferences, event/meeting coordination
• Coordinate with demo product team to select site, presentations and material
• Conduct all corporate events to budget
- EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/CORPORATE EVENT PLANNER at BENDIX COMMERCIAL VEHICLE SYSTEMS
- EXECUTIVE ASSITANT at OFFICE TEAM
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSITANT at NORTHSHORE GASTROENTEROLOGY
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATE OF ARTS - General Education
- BACHELOR - ORGANIZATIONAL SUPERVISION
- Responsible for all client and internal event planning and implementation - Created event timelines, staff schedules and vendor plans for each event. Reported attendance, budget and post- event analysis to management and bank ownership. - Created floor plans and event logistic plans. - Designed unique, interactive events from concept to execution. - Handled all client entertainment activities including planning the event, inviting the clients and acting as host. - Worked with management and top bank clients to reserve, plan and execute high end events. - Coordinated with multiple departments including facilities and security to execute events in a secure banking facility made up of a 4-building downtown campus. - Coordinated with marketing to guarantee bank branding was executed perfectly as well as acted as the banks coordinator for logo use in the community. - Managed temp help and interns. - Booked travel and overnight accommodations associated with corporate events.
- Corporate Event Planner at Fidelity Bank
- Event Manager at Wichita Art Museum
- Director of Marketing & Events at Asbury Church
- Account Executive at FedEx Office
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Journalism
- - Graphic Arts Technology
personal sales calls, and working with industry associations that help reach new clients and stay current with the ever changing corporate world.
• Develop events with budget ranging from $10,000 to several millions;
• Manages domestic and international events such as tradeshows, television production; incentive programs and board meetings ranging from 10 to 10,000 attendees;
• Provides creative design, styles, and theme for each event including selecting decorations aligned with event themes;
• Develop and maintained strong community partnerships;
• Manages all aspects of business: event management, budgeting, proposal planning, site selection, contract negotiation, transportation, and hotel attrition;
• Identifies and maximizes methods to spend budgets effectively to minimize expenses;
• Supervises production of events- collaborates with event sponsors and internal/external teams on all aspects of planning the event;
• Develop and maintain customer relationship database. CLIENT LIST Entertainment Tonight / NIKE / Disney/ Universal Studios Florida/ MGM Studios/ Callaway Golf/ Ashworth Golf/ First USA Bank / Bank One / Arena Capital Partners / Stonington Partners / Tolleson Group / Barclays Bank / Juniper Bank / PGA Show/ Nickelodeon / Aramsco / NTLA, (National Tax Lien Association / Gregory Sills Productions / Bob Bain Productions / Chloe Productions / Mindpics Corp. / ZZYX Entertainment/ YPO, Young Professionals Association
- Corporate Event Planner at Sparks Productions Inc
- Producer at Sparks Productions, Inc
- Event Specialist at Sparks Productions Inc
- Event Planner at Sparks Productions Inc
20 years, 2 months at this Job
N.J. I formed this new company for the sole purpose of consulting to corporations & agencies. I educate corporations on how they can maximize savings on business expenses. I've negotiated contracts between airlines & hotels for most of my corporate clients. I've consulted with financial, legal, advertising, hospitality & entertainment corporations for over 30 years & have saved them millions of dollars over that periodof time in business related expenses. I have also increased sales for many corporations by introducing new strategies & ideas on how to maximize business & become more profitable in the everychanging industry. I have 30+ years in event planning and strategies. I've had the honor of planning The World Bank Conference in Oslo, Norway for over 300 participants for two years in a row (2003 & 2004) without any problems & continue to book & schedule corporate events in my position now.
- Corporate Event Planner at Mr.
- Corporate Consultant at DEJA Corporate Management Inc
- Corporate Travel Consultant at O.T.S. Travel Service
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- BA - Architecture and Business
Events company creating programs to improve workplaces and corporate cultures Washington DC Area
Corporate Event Planner, Boston Properties June 2018 - Present
• Oversee WorkPerks program, hosting events for 12,000+ tenants at Reston Town Center, a Boston Properties development
• Manage relationships with 100+ vendors in network and facilitated introductions to out-of-network vendors
• Organize weekly Reston Farmers Market and manage relationships with 25+ area farmers. Proposed idea to senior management
• Coordinate Reston Holiday Parade, which was ranked No. 5 in the country by USA Today in 2018
• Host fall and winter events in 12 building lobbies, including working with vendors to design and make custom treats
• Launch inaugural charity event for Boston Properties, benefiting local charities in the Washington DC Area
• Work closely with marketing team to design and produce advertisements and event marketing materials
• Engage in daily outreach for tenants, including coordinating luncheons and dry cleaning drop-off/pick-up
• Worked independently with one colleague in my office and a manager in Baltimore headquarters
• Perform daily building walk-throughs of 12 buildings, to market and advertise our services and events
• Meet with office managers of each building bi-monthly to discuss ways to activate office and event space
• Work closely with retailers and restaurants in Reston Town Center to brainstorm promotions alongside events
- Corporate event planner at Charm City Concierge
- Business Development Specialist, Human Resources and Strategy at Gartner
- Summer Internship - Area Sales Manager, Empire Region at The AroundCampus Group
- Spring Internship - Sales Intern at Vidsy
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Media and Society
• Running a conference room, everything from booking, catering, technology, to day of.
• Creating memorable first impressions and building ongoing positive relationships with visitors and tenants to better understand their interests, wants and needs
• Providing clients with personal and corporate services to manage their work/life balance. Examples include event tickets, meeting and event planning, time-saving services, health and wellbeing services, etc.
• Marketing and promoting services/events to clients utilizing a combination of in-person techniques, technology and marketing collateral to increase participation and usage of amenities and services
- Corporate Event Planner at Charm City Concierge
- Assistant F&B Manager at Belle Haven Country Club
- Intern at Cosmos Club
- Tasting Room Staff at Cave Ridge Vineyard
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Hospitality Management
As the Corporate Event Planner for the Public Finance Division at Frost, I handled over 20+ events each year, including trade shows, conferences, external & internal customer events, and speaking engagements. My reputation was one of being well liked and successful at event planning. I always came in under budget.
• Conceptualized, researched and managed meetings/events/seminars and trade show exhibition campaigns that effectively met company objectives.
• Pursued marketing opportunities for Public Finance to secure current business, obtain new clients and ensure maximum exposure for Frost.
• Leveraged all areas of opportunities and negotiated with hotels, vendors and show management.
• Collected post-show data including contacts made and business referrals.
• Recognized by Frost executives for exceptional meeting/event planning skills and asked to sit on the Frost Houston Speaker Series committee and chair event planning.
- AVP / Corporate Event Planner at Frost Bank
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate of Arts
* Orchestrate all aspects of event planning, including site recommendations, budget management, interface with all vendors including caterer, equipment rental, entertainment, transportation, floral and accommodations * Manage personal and business service requests for 4,600+ Fidelity Investments associates, Private members in Rhode Island and Florida to include but not limited to, travel arrangements, vacation bookings/suggestions/recommendations, entertainment, recreation needs, gifts and home services * Mentor and train new team members and cross-account members * Assist with vendor negotiations for discounts/promotions * Design and oversee special projects * Responsible for marketing, vendor relations, program utilization and reach at the Fidelity Investments Rhode Island and Florida campus
- Corporate Concierge/Corporate Event Planner at John Paul/LesConcierges at Fidelity Investments
- Sales Administrator/Conference Planner at Tuition Management Systems
- Administrative/Event Coordinator at The WBUR Group
13 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Business Administration
Responsible for planning and executing over 10-15 corporate strategic events such as but not limited to fundraisers, galas, conferences, workshops and meetings while managing $1 million budgets per year.
● Manage onsite staff of including catering, housekeeping, facility engineering and audio-visual personnel.
● Selects venues, negotiated hotel and meeting room rates, revised contracts to limit firm liability.
● Supervises all AV requirements for key corporate events, including sound system set-up, video-taping and acoustical room set-up, and video and web-cast conferencing capabilities.
● Obtains speakers and negotiated contracts.
● Liaison between vendors and client.
● Assesses, implements and develops a planning agendas, facilitated through an Excel spreadsheet with over 200 lines to ensure consistent staff communication and to create efficiency between departments.
● Updates and streamlines form for budget approval process which serves as back-up documentation for clients.
● Tracks expenses and provides cost-reducing alternatives to Executive Management clients.
● Negotiates 20% cost savings from budgets.
● Designs high scale concepts and themes that highlights the client's vision as well as is inclusive of their brand
● Attendee satisfaction and service levels for each event were over 98%
- Certified Corporate Event Planner at COMPLETELY YOURS EVENTS + DESIGN
- Regional Manager of Business Development and Marketing at HCR-MANORCARE HEARTLAND HOME HEALTH AND HOSPICE
- Regional Director of Sales and Marketing at SUNRISE SENIOR LIVING
- Director of Marketing at SUNRISE SENIOR LIVING
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Certification in Event Planning
- Master's - Marketing
- Bachelor's - International Business