Responsible for planning and executing over 10-15 corporate strategic events such as but not limited to fundraisers, galas, conferences, workshops and meetings while managing $1 million budget per year.
● Manage onsite staff of including catering, housekeeping, facility engineering and audio-visual personnel.
● Selects venues, negotiated hotel and meeting room rates, revised contracts to limit firm liability.
● Supervises all AV requirements for key corporate events, including sound system set-up, video-taping and acoustical room set-up, and video and web-cast conferencing capabilities.
● Obtains speakers and negotiated contracts.
● Liaison between vendors and client.
● Assesses, implements and develops a planning agendas, facilitated through an Excel spreadsheet with over 200 lines to ensure consistent staff communication and to create efficiency between departments.
● Updates and streamlines form for budget approval process which serves as back-up documentation for clients.
● Tracks expenses and provides cost-reducing alternatives to Executive Management clients.
● Negotiates 20% cost savings from budgets.
● Designs high scale concepts and themes that highlights the client's vision as well as is inclusive of their brand
● Attendee satisfaction and service levels for each event were over 98%
- Certified Corporate Event Planner at COMPLETELY YOURS EVENTS + DESIGN
- Regional Manager of Business Development and Marketing at HCR-MANORCARE HEARTLAND HOME HEALTH AND HOSPICE
- Regional Director of Sales and Marketing at SUNRISE SENIOR LIVING
- Director of Marketing at SUNRISE SENIOR LIVING
8 years at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Marketing
- Bachelor of Arts in International Business - International Business
Published Author and Freelance Writer
Write fund-raising letters for a non-profit ministry as well as articles for the monthly
Executive Assistant / Corporate Event Planner
Proven track record of excellence in organizational support on executive level and highly skilled in corporate event planning, budgeting and production.
• Proven excellence at enabling executive counter parts to excel
• Outstanding history of success in executing high-level corporate events
• Strong interpersonal skills and building relationships with national speakers and Christian music artists
- Experienced Executive Assistant, Corporate Event Planner, Author and Freelance Writer at
- Executive Assistant at Compassion International
- Published Author at Kathy Gowler Ministries
- Youth Outreach Program and Event Coordinator at Focus on the Family
5 years at this Job
Organized national trade shows, conferences, meeting planning and national road shows, internal and external * Responsible for the planning and execution of revenue generating events nationwide * Led event organization, budget preparation, time line management for pre-event logistics including large scale transportation and rooming list management, on-site coordination, exhibit design, ordering and on site set-up, overseeing all aspects of events * Extensive experience in vendor relations and business partnership development to ensure high quality service * Working with National Accounts to leverage sponsorship opportunities to increase company profile and generate revenue * Management of event schedules before and during events, confirming guest speakers, collecting presentations, ordering and securing audiovisual equipment * Working with marketing team to create invites, agendas, surveys and submit company descriptions, partner bios, advertisements and other requests from client events attended and sponsored * Budget preparation, monitoring, and post-event account reconciliation * Negotiating contract agreements and overseeing operational issues to maintain or lower project costs * Preparing budget proposals and presentations for upper management approval * Compiling post-completion event reports for executive management review
- Corporate Event Planner Event at RCS Capital Advisory Services
- Executive Assistant to CEO at Realty Capital Securities
- at NY, Inc
- Office Manager at Legal Interpreting Services
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
Managed a 5,000 square foot Company Corporate house meeting annual capacity, responsibilities
included booking rooms, stocking house with supplies, scheduling cleanings and ground maintenance
• First point of contact for visitors from all around the world, maintained professionalism as well as a kind and friendly face of the company §
• Responsible for all visitor scheduling, all travel accommodations and transportation to and from events §
• Communicated proficiently and provided detailed agendas for all visitors to all parties involved §
• Planned and managed all details of Clinical Trainings, Corporate dinners, luncheons, onsite tours, arranged and executed seasonal projects without error, planned large company events annually §
• Provided a detailed monthly expense reports of annual events, special events, as well as visitor expenses §
• Developed a detailed annual fund raising plan to execute special events such as; Muscular Dystrophy Association, Permobil Cares Foundation and the rebuild of the Play Ground of Dreams
- Corporate Event Planner / Hospitality Manager at Permobil Inc
- Marketing Assistant, Manual Products at Permobil Inc
- Customer Service Representative Parts Processor at Permobil Inc
3 years at this Job
- GED - Paralegal Program
• Responsible for providing executive and administrative duties for the VP of Sales & Marketing, and Business Development, as well as their staff as required
• Coordinate travel arrangements, both international and domestic: travel itineraries, agendas, visas, passports, documentation for foreign travel, expense reports, etc.
• Reconcile monthly expense reports in a timely manner and meeting deadlines as requested
• Assist in maintaining Outlook schedules to coordinate on-going meetings and functions: board meetings, leadership team meetings, weekly conference calls, employee meetings
• Perform a variety of coordinator duties, which may be complex and confidential
• First point of contact for outside sales department by greeting visitors, answer telephones, take messages, respond to general questions regarding the work of the department
• Maintain contact lists and employee lists to facilitate the effectiveness of multiple locations
• Manage mail with attention to due dates and actions required
• Produce a variety of materials: letters, memoranda, inter office communications, confidential presentations and reports
• Establish priorities for daily office activities; schedules and coordinates meetings chaired by Vice President and leadership staff at multiple locations Corporate Event Planner
• Corporate event planning including sourcing, organization and on-site execution of support of several sales, marketing and customer events annually
• Responsible for planning, coordinating and supporting annual customer sales meetings, conferences and external meetings nationally
• Responsible for site selection, negotiation of contracts for facilities, lodging, meals, travel, entertainments, security and other related activities
• Site visits for possible event locations, executive and group dinners, team building activities and product demonstrations
• Prepares request for vendor bids and reviews for competitiveness and performance
• Attend meetings, conferences as required: take meeting notes; assist in managing meetings, conferences, event/meeting coordination
• Coordinate with demo product team to select site, presentations and material
• Conduct all corporate events to budget
- EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/CORPORATE EVENT PLANNER at BENDIX COMMERCIAL VEHICLE SYSTEMS
- EXECUTIVE ASSITANT at OFFICE TEAM
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSITANT at NORTHSHORE GASTROENTEROLOGY
3 years at this Job
- ASSOCIATE OF ARTS - General Education
- BACHELOR - ORGANIZATIONAL SUPERVISION
• Maintains and coordinate the President's internal and external calendars
• Manage incoming calls and mail correspondence
• Manage and monitor budgets for more than 100K for the Office of the President, TERCs internship program, and the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer
• Coordinate the logistics of events and meetings led or facilitated by the Office of the President
• Take minutes and notes for senior level meetings including all company Board meetings.
• Takes the lead when preparing communications materials for DEIO, Board of Trustees and Office of the President.
• Negotiates venue contracts; creates and executes contracts for external participants.
• Leads creation and directs the planning/management and execution of all corporate staff events related to the Office of the President, the Board of Trustees, and the organization (e.g., New Board member orientations, Retreats for staff, etc.)
• Make travel arrangements for the President, Board of Trustees and others traveling on TERC business
• Creates, organizes and monitors administrative matters, such as invoices, requisitions, reimbursements
• Develop and maintains internal and external web pages for the Office of the President and other Committees
• Develop, organize and plans yearly Open Enrollment for health benefits and plans for all employees.
• Collaborate with the Director of Institutional Development to send/receive permissions for published materials. - (By TERC)
• Assists with creation and implementation of policies and charters
• Liaison between President/Board of Trustees and staff and/or key senior employees.
• Prepares biographies for potential executive staff/Board members
• Work with other infrastructure staff on projects
- Executive Assistant/Corporate Event Planner at TERC
- Senior Administrative Assistant at Boston Children's Hospital
- Executive Assistant at Racepoint Global
- Executive Assistant/ Office Manager at Boston Children's Hospital
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice, Business Admin
• Implemented processes and procedures that increased operational efficiency; managed daily functions of the office and premises
• Produced high-level communications ranging from highly confidential to policies and procedures
• Maintained strict confidentiality with sensitive information, financial documents, records and personal matters.
• Event planner in the arrangement of national and international corporate events. Coordinator for tradeshows and events including promotional items, staffing, menus, lodging and all facets of the event.
• Travel assistant to CEO for all major engagements
• Onsite management of all aspects of the meetings, breakouts sessions and social gatherings.
• Hired, trained, and on-boarded over 13 new employees, providing initial support that expedited staff assimilation
• Slashed office expenditures by $22K by negotiating for cheaper supply contracts, implementing inventory control, and standardizing ordering procedures.
• Reconcile bank and credit card statements, manage and reconcile inventory, enter vendor invoices and manage accounts payable.
• Create new employee packet, maintain and audit employee PTO hours. Assist employees with heath insurance and 401k enrollment and questions.
- Executive Assistant to CEO/ Corporate Event Planner/ Office Manager at RedAwning.com
- Property Manager at
- Executive Assistant at The William Warren Group
- Executive Assistant /Office Manager at Prime Embroidery and Screen Printing
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Hospitality and Tourism
• Plan all corporate events and conferences for the Nucor Logistics Team for our current 26 divisions and potential business clients.
• Maintain and book travel, schedule meetings and appointments, conferences, for the Management/leadership team.
• Familiar with working within budget allotments.
• Assist leadership with new hire and the interview process by utilizing success factors system tracking the process.
• New Hire Orientation for all new teammates.
• Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary.
• Receive/process purchase orders, requisition request, change orders & quotes for all vendors.
• Create reports and analyzing information for presentations by collecting and other departments
• Complete expense reports monthly.
• Balance corporate credit card monthly.
• Answer and manage multiple phone lines.
• Verify and process payroll weekly.
- Department Administrator/ Corporate Event Planner at Nucor Steel Memphis-Logistics Center
- Office Manager/Front Desk at Diversified Healthcare
- Histology Assistant at Trumbull Laboratories, LLC
- Financial Service Representative/Personal Banker at First Tennessee Bank
7 years at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Business Organizational Management - Business Organizational Management
• Provide direction for (ISC)²'s corporate and global media and events in NAR, EMEA, APAC, LATAM regions
• Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space
• Conduct research, make site visits and find resources to help staff
• Make decisions about event possibilities
• Propose new ideas that increased our annual corporate event show rate revenue
- Corporate Event Planner at (ISC)²
- Media & Marketing Specialist at Ream Jewelers
- Client Care & Social Media Manager at Bumble Bee Vapor
- Copy-writing Intern at Clipper Magazine
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Communications, Public Relations
- - Economics
• Assist with coordinating all details of meetings, exhibitions, conferences, product launches, fairs and other events dedicated to employees and clients.
• Liaising with clients, managing budgets, hiring contractors, organizing facilities, coordinating suppliers
• Reviewed contracts with vendors and maintained a timetable for deposits, credit applications, rooming lists, menu choices and entertainment programs.
- Corporate Event Planner Assistant at Flow C Inc
- Administrative Assistant at J & S Xscape Travel
- Sales Associate at Old Navy
- Party Hostess at Super Diva Kid Spa
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Tourism and Hospitality