As the company's Corporate Legal Assistant, I provided legal and administrative support to the Director of Legal Affairs and Manager of Legal Affairs. All of my work is confidential in nature and completed with utmost discretion. I was responsible for the following tasks:
• Managed the intake, review, drafting, and execution of all vendor and physician contracts and other legal documents including waivers and releases, conducted legal research, assisted with property leases, intellectual property tracking and correspondence, maintained corporate documents, created and managed corporate entities, and managed the company's annual liability insurance renewal applications.
- Corporate Legal Assistant at Laser Spine Institute
- Legal Assistant - First Legal Department at Florida Foreclosure Attorneys
- Administrative Assistant at Resource Property Management
4 years at this Job
- Associates of Science - Paralegal
Corporate Legal Assistant to multiple Partners, Senior Counsel and Associates who have a wide range of corporate specialties, including the entertainment industry, digital media, mergers and acquisitions, public securities, and intellectual property. Duties included heavy daily calendaring and schedule management for client calls and meetings; assisting with document control and drafting and editing legal documents; preparing Engagement Letters and legal correspondence; managing attorney time entry billing for accounting, processing Expense Reports for all assigned attorneys and performing a variety of clerical support and administrative duties.
- Corporate Legal Assistant at Stubbs Alderton & Markiles, LLP
- Independent Contract Employee at
- Executive Assistant at Marylander Marketing Research
- Accounting and H.R. Assistant at Progressive Business Corp.
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate of Science degree - Criminal Justice
(Structured the activities, calendars and travel for the Legal Team: General Counsel, Assistant General Counsel & Corporate Counsel) * Managed all department files, records and correspondence for company minute books, board resolutions, trademark registrations, litigation tracking/holds and document retention process. * Supervised internal and external billing/invoicing flow with Accounts Payable and outside vendors. * Coordinated administrative and digital aspects of Contract review and approval process for all Corporate departments.
- Corporate Legal Assistant (Contract) at CRATE AND BARREL
- Administrative Coordinator (Contract) at ROSALIND FRANKLIN UNIVERSITY
- Senior Executive Assistant (Contract) at WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE
- Executive Sales Assistant (Contract) at GLOBAL SOURCING CONNECTION
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications & Marketing
Legal Assistant to the Executive Vice President & General Counsel and three Corporate Attorneys of a major
national bedding manufacturer. Provides support to daily operations within the legal team and develops and oversees a structured legal filing system for all to utilize.
• Provides Governance administration including updating and organization of the Corporate Minute Books for multiple entities in company's portfolio.
• Drafts resolutions and consents for General Counsel; prepares execution copies of contracts; consents and final minutes.
• Assists Corporate Counsel with drafting /execution of dealer agreements and contracts and tracking signatures for finalization.
• Creates and modifies contract templates for standard vendor agreements
• Administers multiple files, including organization of documents in documentation retention system and filing executed documentation.
• Tracks receipt of executed documentation based on daily transaction summaries and files appropriately
• Maintains central filing area containing the company's original contracts, licenses, litigation, leases, and other original corporate files.
• Manages (web-based) databases for Due Diligence and document management purposes; maintaining accurate record keeping.
• Provides back up administrative support to the General Counsel and staff attorneys
- Corporate Legal Assistant/Paralegal at Simmons Bedding Company
- Administrative Assistant at Simmons Bedding Company
- Senior Pricing Associate at UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
- Administrative Assistant at THE HAWK LAW FIRM
13 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English
Preparation of Tax Appeals, commercial closings, corporate litigation, time input and preparation of monthly bills, and preparation of general corporate documents.
- Corporate Legal Assistant at Galloway, Scott & Hancock, LLC
- Legal Assistant for temporary assignments at PangeaTwo
- Corporate Legal Assistant at Robert Half
- Legal Assistant at Spain & Gillon, LLC
4 months at this Job
three partners in the Corporate practice group specializing Life Sciences, Emerging Technologies, Venture Capital, Private Equity Fund Formation and Finance.
- Corporate Legal Assistant - Support at Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Corporate Paralegal - Subsidiary Governance/Compliance at SunPower Corporation
- Legal Assistant at Hogan Lovells US LLP
- Legal Secretary at Bingham McCutchen LLP
3 years at this Job
- B.A. - Liberal Arts
- A.A.S. - Furniture Design/Wood Construction
Assisted with the completion of a legal operations project including document review for 25,000 documents working exclusively with Legal Tracker/Serengeti and Excel. Team collaboration accelerated the finish date of the project by one month. Individually reviewed 14,000 of 25,000 total documents.
- Corporate Legal Assistant at Trinity Industries, Inc
- Law Clerk at Disability Rights Texas
- Law Clerk at The Eichelberger Law Firm
- Summer Intern at Hancock Law Firm, LLC
7 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Jurisprudence
- Master of Arts in Sociology - Sociology
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
• Provide high-level administrative support to Emerging Companies, Financial Regulatory, Public Companies, Privacy, and Technology Transaction practice groups.
• Assist in preparation of all legal aspects of client IPO and follow-on financings.
• Contribute time and experience to mass file digitization project as part of firmwide paperless initiative.
• Perform consistent and diligent clerical duties including legal research, report preparation, information governance requests, client correspondence, and document processing.
- Corporate Legal Assistant at Cooley LLP
- Research Assistant at UVM Political Science Department
- Career Advisor at UVM Career Center
- Legal Director at UVM Student Legal Services
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Political Science
Consult clients in corporate compliance with the Secretary of State, typically with a chief officer or director. Manage high profile corporation accounts, prepare secretary of state documents and forms. Draft amendments, deeds, and bylaws. Manage service of process, file necessary documentation for corporation compliance with the Secretary of State, municipal and county level. Prepare EIN filings, DBA filings/new/renew.
- Corporate Legal Assistant at CT Corporation System
- Precious Metals Trade and Research Analyst at GoldMax of CA
- Internship/Investigators' Assistant at Orange County Public Defenders Office
- Safety Officer at Contemporary Services Corporation
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
• Review and edit vendor contracts, leases, loans, purchase and sale agreements, and franchise agreements.
• Assist all company properties with OSHA, EEOC, ADA, and DOT cases and complaints.
• Research, hire, and coordinate with outside counsel to help with personal injury, tax, estate planning, and contractual issues.
- Corporate Legal Assistant at Colorado Hospitality Services
- Judicial Intern at Douglas County District Court
- Social Media Coordinator at Mocentric
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- - Law
- B.A. in English - Business