Experienced Corporate Paralegal with strong organizational and oral/written communication skills, who has the capability to adhere to sensitive deadlines and project goals, all while maintaining responsible corporate manners. Capable of providing both analytical and administrative support to all levels of management, co-workers and clients while contributing to the company’s overall philosophy and bottom-line.
- Corporate Paralegal at AECOM
- Corporate Paralegal at Jacobs Engineering Group Inc
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Associate Science degree - Paralegal Studies
Buffalo, New York (2008-Present) On January 1, 2016, Jaeckle Fleischmann & Mugel combined with Bond, Schoeneck & King. Corporate Paralegal (2018 - Present)
• Preparation of corporate documents in connection with due diligence for merger and acquisition closings and financial transactions.
• Preparation and filing corporate documents with State agencies, assist in the preparation of corporate minutes and maintenance of corporate minute books;
• Assist attorneys in preparing business formations and liquidations, corporate resolutions and Department of State filings. Corporate and Intellectual Property Paralegal (2016 - 2018)
• Responsible paralegal for corporate and intellectual property matters
• Maintaining firm wide intellectual property docketing system
• Preparing various intellectual property filings including, foreign and domestic patent and trademark prosecution filings and communicating with clients and attorney regarding same
• Conduct trademark searches and monitor trademark watch notices
• Communicating with foreign agents in all matters regarding foreign intellectual property
• Formations of new entities;
• Preparation of corporate minutes and maintenance of corporate minute books
• Assist document production for real estate closings and transnational closings
• Perform UCC, tax lien, bankruptcy and judgment searches and prepare summaries
• Prepare and file UCC Financing Statements
• Prepare and submit for authentication documents for corporate and intellectual property departments
• Review all vendor invoicing and prepare for accounting
- Corporate Paralegal at Bond Schoeneck & King PLLC
- Owner/Officer at Boris Milanovic, Inc
- Intellectual Property Docket Clerk/Paralegal at Harris Beach LLP
- Legal Assistant at Nixon Peabody LLP
3 years, 2 months at this Job
Capital Markets Specialist
Aided associate attorneys, law clerks, senior counsel and partners with the performance of various legal tasks and completion of projects related to domestic and international capital markets transactions, including:
- Bond issuances by sovereign entities, including the Republic of Argentina and the Republic of Uruguay
- “Shelf deals” - type Notes issues by private companies
- Initial Public Offerings
- Annual reports (“20-Fs”) for foreign private companies
- Annual reports (“10-Ks”) for foreign sovereign entities Corporate Paralegal - General Role
Aided associate attorneys, law clerks, senior counsel and partners with legal and not-legal task related to corporate legal work. Tasks included:
• Review of contracts, offering memoranda, investor presentations, SEC reports, agreements, corporate and governmental documents, and many others
• Initial preparation for accountant audit or review
• Legal research
• Working with and organizing for the service of third-party vendors
• Spanish and Portuguese translation Litigation Paralegal - Limited Role Occasionally aided with preparation of materials in advance of expected litigation concerning international Brazilian companies
- Corporate Paralegal at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Portuguese and Spanish Translator at ChangeCorp
- Translator at Portuguese to English
- Commuter Freshmen Mentor (CFM) at Fordham University at Lincoln Center
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- JD - Law
- Bachelor of Arts - Philosophy
- High school or equivalent
Served as the Corporate Paralegal, which included assisting the Corporate Secretary with compliance and administrative matters. Daily functions consisted of preparing minutes, consents and resolutions; preparing annual meetings and elections of Officers and Directors; and providing proxies for US shareholders of non-US subsidiaries. Assisted cross-functionally with various departments, such as, Tax, Finance, Payroll, HR, and Treasury, as well as with vendors, clients, outside counsel, and in-house counsel with their needs for research, information and documents. Fulfilled due diligence requests, drafted documents, and made filings during M&A, restructuring, and refinancing projects. Additionally, managed corporate services such as incorporations, amendments, withdrawals and terminations and the relationships with registered agents. Performed document authentication and certification of copies of corporate records. Managed the database of all US legal entities and the library of minute books. Coordinated with the External Affairs and Finance Departments to execute lobbying disclosure compliance. Worked with Data Privacy counsel to deploy Data Transfer Agreements, and employee notices and consents. Conducted a variety of ad-hoc projects such as corporate authorizations for Treasury department, analysis of legal entities for termination or withdrawal. Assisted with managing compliance for outside debt covenants including maintaining lists of restricted and unrestricted subsidiaries and preparing certificates.
➢ Selected to Nielsen's Team of Data Privacy Specialists: Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States.
➢ Managed several dozen domestic legal entities totaling between 300-400 representations in good standing at any given time.
➢ Delivered research, requests, document production and management through multiple technical system changes and upgrades, with accuracy and efficiency.
- Corporate Paralegal at NIELSEN
22 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Public Administration - Public Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - History/Political Science
- Certificate - Paralegal Studies
• Provide exceptional paralegal services to Global Legal Services attorneys and business clients with an emphasis on corporate, contract, legal technology and transactional matters
• Design spreadsheets and mail merges to prepare legal contracts for numerous worldwide subsidiaries, obtain signatures, track receipt of signed contracts and scan fully executed contracts into Case360
• Efficiently prepare and maintain corporate records, corporate governance documents and corporate record books while ensuring all subsidiary obligations are met in all states where required
• Assist Lead Paralegal with coordinating annual and special meetings of the Board of Directors, proofread the Agenda, take secretary notes during board meetings and proofread and image meeting minutes.
• Maintain, update, and provide improvements to Global Legal Services' SharePoint site tracking all active stock certificates
• Perform legal research, analyze statutes, review legal articles, and legal codes to ensure all subsidiaries meet legal obligations in each state and/or country
• Prepare legal documents for registering foreign and domestic corporations, amending corporations and maintaining corporate records with the Secretary of State offices nationwide
• Utilize the website of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners to apply for Insurance Producer Licenses and Insurance Agent License requests for multiple states
- Corporate Paralegal at Reinsurance Group of America, Inc.
- DOMESTIC AND LITIGATION PARALEGAL at Sandberg Phoenix & von Gontard P.C
- Legal Transcriptionist at Ubiquous Legal Transcription
- Domestic and Litigation Paralegal at McCarthy, Leonard & Kaemmerer, PC
7 months at this Job
- - Master's Degree in Secondary Education
- License - Real Estate Sales
- B.A. in Music - Music
Corporate paralegal responsible for assisting attorneys with business lending transactions, performing research related to business transactions and filings, reviewing and organizing due diligence materials, preparing and reviewing UCC filings, drafting closing documents, preparing closing sets and post-closing documentation, maintaining corporate records and minute books.
• Formation of Corporate Entities
• Check name availability, reserve or register corporate names
• Draft and file certificates of incorporation and amendments
• Draft organizational meeting and written consents
• Prepare and file assumed name certificates
• Maintain corporate minute books and stockholder records
• Draft documents necessary to qualify corporations as foreign in other jurisdictions
• File annual reports, notices of change of officers, directors, and related corporate information in jurisdiction of incorporation and in foreign jurisdictions in which the corporation is qualified to transact business
• Obtain on-line business status reports and registered agent information for companies
• Obtain good standing certificates and copies of charter documents
• Draft Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Financing Statements and subsequent amendments, assignments, or terminations with appropriate state and local agencies
• Coordinate recording of UCC Financing Statements
• Perform on-line searches of U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) records
• File Assignments of Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights with the USPTO
• Assist other teams with projects as needed Skills Used Multitasking Prioritizing Working well under pressure Organizational skills Written skills Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, iManage, DTE, Lexis, Notary Public in the State of New Jersey
- Corporate Paralegal at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A.
18 years, 11 months at this Job
- BS - Management Science
- Associates degree - Paralegal Studies - ABA-Approved Paralegal Program
Assist the corporate governance team and clients with drafting form documents for initial incorporations and financings. The paralegal will also facilitate filings with various states related to incorporations and financings. Assist with Legal department's administrative needs (e.g. tracking tasks and contracts, obtaining approvals and signatures, assisting with team workflow, etc. Assist with onboarding / development of contract management system and assuming primary responsibility for inputting information and organizing contracts and documents within the contract management system. Draft and revise certain documents and form agreements with guidance from other team members and outside counsel. ****Ability to recognize, evaluate, and resolve problems effectively - Background working with Microsoft Office - Confidence in taking ownership of projects, writing and negotiating, planning and organizing Accurate, attentive, and experience handling sensitive or confidential information Manage the firm's large portfolio of Litigation matters. Manage duties that entail: drafting and supporting a senior partner in the team; and client contact. Client conflict resolution. Experience managing litigation matters, including preparing pleadings, motions, subpoenas, and discovery. Obtain documents from IRS and outside agencies. . Ability to handle a wide variety of commercial litigation Management and quality control of electronic documents. collaborate effectively with clients, attorneys, and staff. EXPERIENCE:
- Corporate Paralegal at Americap Financial
- Paralegal at Atlanticare Regional Medical Center
- Paralegal - Contract at Lockheed Martin
- Litigation Paralegal at First Federal Credit Union
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Liberal Sciences - Psychology
- Associates Degree - Paralegal Studies
Experience reflects as an Associate Degree Paralegal who served as a liaison between senior partner and client in busy real estate, construction and corporate law firm. Responsibilities are diverse and include investigation of case data to ensure all relevant information is uncovered; preparation of engagement letters; conflict searches; preparation of Corporate and Limited Liability Company formation documents including entity's Articles of Organization, annual reports and minutes; obtain IRS EINs; prepare operating agreements; prepare professional licenses with DBPR; prepare variance and vacating petitions for construction setbacks; prepare construction lien notices to owner, prepare various affidavits, schedule attorney appointments; input paralegal & attorney billing time.
- Corporate Paralegal at Wood, Buckel & Carmichael
- Office Manager at North Naples Baptist Church
- Senior Paralegal at Wicker, Smith, O'Hara, Graham & Ford
- Paralegal at SpectraCare Home Health
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Associate Degree
Deliver Paralegal support to General Counsel and Corporate Counsel, assisting in all aspects of legal directives, primarily mergers and acquisitions.
• Serve as primary legal department contact for all internal departments including sales and operations, human resources, finance, and supply chain and provide legal documents and policies as requested.
• Interface daily with C-level executives and manage high level of confidential material on their behalf.
• Create, edit, and proofread agreements, real estate & finance documents, spreadsheets, presentations and correspondence.
• Prepare subsidiary minutes, consents, and resolutions; maintain minute books.
• Prepare, process, and maintain statutory and regulatory filings and records; ensure all corporate entity files are complete.
• Manage calendars, meeting scheduling, travel arrangements, expense reporting, document management and legal invoicing.
- Corporate Paralegal at KIRBY CORPORATION
- Paralegal, Finance & Banking at WINSTEAD PC
- Senior Paralegal, Public Finance at FULBRIGHT & JAWORSKI LLP
- Business Development Assistant & Paralegal at ANDREWS MYERS COULTER & COHEN
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
Paralegal to two Partners. Completing tasks with minimal direction. Responsible to form and dissolve corporations, limited liability companies. Prepare resolutions, written consents, minutes, Operating Agreement and Bylaws. Responsible for preparing and filing annual reports. Create and maintain corporate records. Experience in handling foreign qualifications, withdrawals, assumed business names, change of registered agent, stock certificates, applying EIN, Form 2553, UCC filings. Preparation and filing Form D with SEC.
- Corporate Paralegal at Bishop, Dulaney, Joyner & Abner, P.A
- Administrative Assistant at SunTrust Bank
- Investor Relations Administrator & Officer at Hudson Valley Bank
- Stockholder Services Administrator at American International Group, Inc
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Certificate of Secretarial Studies & Business Administration