Obtained and renewed all Sales Finance Licenses throughout the country for all CarMax locations; prepared and maintained licensing budget; researched state regulations to ensure compliance in each state; prepared reports for business management regarding state regulations and requirements for new locations. The Weather Channel (4/03 - 5/04) Corporate Paralegal Prepared cease and desist letters pertaining to corporate logos, patents, and copyrights of TWC; arranged travel plans for Patent Director and Senior Counsel; organized meetings and seminars, both on and off site; assisted in creating and maintaining the administrative management of a corporate Patent Award Program.
- Corporate Paralegal at CarMax
- Corporate Paralegal at GE Capital
- Corporate Paralegal at Confederation Life Insurance Co
- Commercial Real Estate Paralegal at Morris
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- - Business Administration
Served as the Corporate Paralegal, which included assisting the Corporate Secretary with compliance and administrative matters. Daily functions consisted of preparing minutes, consents and resolutions; preparing annual meetings and elections of Officers and Directors; and providing proxies for US shareholders of non-US subsidiaries. Assisted cross-functionally with various departments, such as, Tax, Finance, Payroll, HR, and Treasury, as well as with vendors, clients, outside counsel, and in-house counsel with their needs for research, information and documents.
Fulfilled due diligence requests, drafted documents, and made filings during M&A, restructuring, and refinancing projects. Additionally, managed corporate services such as incorporations, amendments, withdrawals and terminations and the relationships with registered agents. Performed document authentication and certification of copies of corporate records.
Managed the database of all US legal entities and the library of minute books. Coordinated with the External Affairs and Finance Departments to execute lobbying disclosure compliance.
Worked with Data Privacy counsel to deploy Data Transfer Agreements, and employee notices and consents. Conducted a variety of ad-hoc projects such as corporate authorizations for Treasury department, analysis of legal entities for termination or withdrawal. Assisted with managing compliance for outside debt covenants including maintaining lists of restricted and unrestricted subsidiaries and preparing certificates.
➢ Selected to Nielsen's Team of Data Privacy Specialists: Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States.
➢ Managed several dozen domestic legal entities totaling between 300-400 representations in good standing at any given time.
➢ Delivered research, requests, document production and management through multiple technical system changes and upgrades, with accuracy and efficiency.
- Corporate Paralegal at NIELSEN
22 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Public Administration - Public Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - History/Political Science
- Certificate - Paralegal Studies
• Corporate paralegal experience in law firms and in-house legal departments
• Transactional experience in acquisition, financing, re-financing and disposition closings
• Extensive routine & specific transactional experience with in-house counsel, internal business groups and outside counsel
• Extensive experience with national registered agents (CT, CSC and NRAI)
• Responsible for corporate entity formations, maintain legal and good standing in domestic & foreign state jurisdictions, and dissolutions/withdrawals in domestic & state jurisdictions
• Experience with foreign regulators and agencies in Canada, Mexico and EU countries, working with local counsel in those foreign jurisdictions
• Experience with USPTO and SEC filings and routine correspondence and maintence
- Corporate Paralegal at EPIQ Global Services
- Corporate Paralegal at Borrego Solar Systems, Inc
- Corporate Paralegal at USAA
- Corporate Paralegal at
3 months at this Job
- Certificate of Paralegal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts - Graphic Design
Corporate Paralegal Skills:
• Assisting in preparing various documents for corporate transactions involving Mergers and Acquisitions and Real Estate,
• Filing Articles of Corporation/Organization/ Dissolution documents with Secretary of State in different states nations wide,
• Obtaining EIN number with IRS on behalf of the company,
• Preparing and filing UCC for various companies,
• Completing Minute Books for different companies.
- Corporate Paralegal at Milazzo Webb Law, PLLC
- Real Estate Paralegal at Doyle and Wallace, PLLC
- Real Estate Paralegal at McMillan and Terry, Psaroudis, P.A
- Title Search Assistant at Costner Law Office, PLLC
3 months at this Job
- Associates in Applied Science - Paralegal Technology
- Associates Degree in Applied Science - Paralegal Technology
Advise general counsel on matters related to corporate governance, employee relations and insurance regulatory matters. Maintain corporate insurance licenses in 41 states. Provide company-wide training on compliance matters.
- Corporate Paralegal at Investors Heritage Life Insurance
- Interim Paralegal at Executive Branch Ethics Commission
- Owner/Attorney at Anna Reynolds Law, P.A
- Associate Attorney at Cordell & Cordell, P.C.
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Science
Provide support to the legal department in the areas of contracts, intellectual property, real estate and leases, labor and employment, and risk management and insurance matters Review corporate documentation, and enter documentation and related information into contract management system Organize, track and manage invoices and reporting for legal expenses Coordinate the gathering of information, materials, documents, reports and evidence necessary to respond to subpoenas, discovery requests and litigation Maintain and prepare filings for corporate licensure as required by law Maintain and prepare documents related to internal stock option plan Maintain and prepare corporate resolutions and meeting minutes as necessary Coordinate with and monitor third party providing annual report and registered agent services Provides litigation support to internal and external counsel and provides regular updates on status of litigation Assists in mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions Independently performs routine legal research using various sources, including government websites, Westlaw Next and Lexis Provides additional support to internal counsel, executive team, and other departments as required, including scheduling calls, submitting expenses, document review, drafting internal and external correspondence, and preparation of form documents Supervises Medical Records Department, including guidance, monitoring, and assisting department staff Review pending legislation and regulations to determine if changes apply to business Acts as records manager for Legal, Medical Records, and Government Relations departments
- Corporate Paralegal at One Call
- Records Clerk IV at Brevard County Clerk Of Court
7 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associate - Paralegal Studies
Providing support to ensure that the company operates within legal requirements set forth by local, state and federal regulations. Areas of focus are: contract management, litigation, intellectual property,corporate records maintenance, licensing and regulatory compliance.
- Corporate Paralegal at Barbri
- Corporate Paralegal / Executive Assistant to the CEO at Fiesta Restaurant Group, Inc
- Transactional Paralegal at Norton Rose Fulbright
- Litigation Paralegal at Zelle, Hofmann, Voelbel, & Mason LLC
6 months at this Job
- Certificate - Paralegal
- Bachelor of Art - Art, Psychology
• Manage and maintain corporate governance documentation, including legal entity management, entity formation, and periodic corporate filings. Administer tracking system for periodic filings and other ongoing obligations.
• Prepares and maintains all pharmacy licensure with the state, Medicare, Medicaid, Pharmacy, etc.
• Maintains the records for the Company, its operating units in multi-state organization;
• Calendars due dates for annual reports, licenses, financial statements and permits. Assists in their preparation and files such documents when due.
• Researches state business and regulatory agency websites for requirements, procedures, and to verify information.
• Assists in educating employees regarding compliance responsibilities and reporting requirements.
• Responds to requests for compliance information.
• Maintains files and database of company documents; prepares and circulates periodic notices of expiring licenses.
• Assists in updating and distributing compliance directives, policies and forms to employees.
- Corporate Paralegal at Senderra Rx Partners, LLC
- Paralegal at Bonial & Associates P.C. f/k/a Buckley Madole P.C.
- Legal Assistant/Administrative Assistant at Duffee & Eitzen Family Law Firm
- Legal Assistant at Second Image National
4 months at this Job
- Paralegal Certification
- Bachelors Of Science - Criminal Justice
• Drafted documents for board meetings including Resolutions and litigation matter updates
• Proofread and provided legal comments and direction for documents including service agreements, contracts, amendments, addendums, Letters of Intent, Due Diligence
• Communicated directly with real estate brokers, attorneys, and lender representatives regarding commercial real estate closings
• Assisted Human Resource department with severance agreements and wage garnishments
• Maintained client confidentiality, scheduled all meetings and directed all forms of communication including calls, mail and electronic discourses
• Supported outside legal counsel on matters including NDA’s, contracts, trademarks, patents as well as immigration issues, intellectual property matters, litigation, and discovery matters
• Worked with several departments to complete any legal matters
• Maintained corporate books
- Corporate Paralegal at INX International Ink Co
- Paralegal at Zamparo Law Group, P.C
9 months at this Job
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts - Philosophy
• Prepare, review, and edit legal documentation, in particular contracts with new or existing customers
• Interface directly with legal counsel and leadership team in connection with corporate transactions
• Review customer terms and conditions and/or contracts for legal risk and provide edits, comments and/or changes to leadership and appropriate manager to ensure legal risk to the company is properly mitigated
• General, legal and compliance research
• Act as a liaison with designated outside counsel and their paralegal staff. Monitor hourly charges from outside counsel and level of outside counsel expertise on the project
• Maintain the ability to identify issues, legal risks and potential liabilities to report to leadership
• Prepare summaries of key corporate/business information, such as corporate or unit specific summaries, to assist legal counsel in the handling of legal disputes
• Maintain online document management database by organizing and managing proper records retention requirements
• Provide a high level of administrative general functions as required, specifically in the area of corporate transactions and in the preparation of documents necessary to comply with federal, state and local requirements in the conduct of business activities
• Assist the Director of Human Resources with human resource projects, tasks and various items as needed
• Primary coordinator for the company's Dream Team that is responsible for driving the corporate culture by planning and implementing various events for the company's employees and give-back programs for the community throughout the year
- Corporate Paralegal at FOXGUARD SOLUTIONS, INC
- Real Estate Paralegal at THE SHAHEEN FIRM, P.C
- Patent Paralegal at NEW RIVER VALLEY IP LAW, PC
- Foreign Patent Paralegal at JENKINS, WILSON, TAYLOR & HUNT, P.A
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF ARTS degree - HISTORY