Positions at NMAC subsidiaries, Corporate Secretary (CS), Assistant Secretary (AS), Board of Directors (BD):
- NMAC Corporate Secretary at Nissan North America
- General Counsel, NMAC at Nissan North America
- Director & Assistant General Counsel at Nissan North America
- NNA Assistant Corporate Secretary at Nissan Signature Direct Finance LLC
12 years, 7 months at this Job
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - Jurisprudence
- - Administrative and Labor Law
Lead a highly effective team responsible for providing corporate secretarial services to a vast and varied portfolio of globally recognized clients (publicly listed, large private and local) across North America, U.K., continental Europe and Asia. The role requires me to:
• Serve as Corporate Secretary, and in some cases, board director, to a vast number of companies across a range of industries, providing advice and counsel on corporate law, regulatory and compliance requirements;
• Advise on corporate restructures, corporate governance and company law;
• Successfully recruit, integrate, develop and mentor new staff;
• Ensure the implementation of consistent processes and procedures across the business;
• Identify and implement cost, resource and operational efficiencies and develop and project-manage strategic initiatives;
• Engage with regulatory authorities with respect to legislative proposals;
• Develop client relationships and identify and seize new business opportunities;
• Conduct board evaluation exercises and comprehensive governance reviews of companies.
- Corporate Secretary at Conyers Dill & Pearman
- Corporate Governance Counsel (Consultancy Role) at Noble Group
- Corporate Secretary, Asia Pacific at Royal Bank of Canada
- Subsidiary Governance Officer, Europe at Royal Bank of Canada
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- New York Bar
- LLB Law (Hons)
Managed the onboarding of the Consultant hiring process, from sending out contracts and hiring documents and storing the signed documents in the Human Resources Sensitive Folders in SharePoint to managing data in the Prospect List and the Consultant's List in SharePoint.
• Organized HR processes.
• Administered new hires Email and Microsoft licenses, ran background checks via MicroBilt
• Created sales documents for training process.
• Maintained Master Affiliate List, which is the master customer list indicating all Tenant Pages sold for the WorldStreet Mall (virtual mall).
• As Corporate Secretary, I am responsible for creating Corporate Resolutions, making sure they are signed and stamped with the corporate seal, taking minutes, sending out email communication per the President & CEO.
• Advised and overlooked on the creation of new WorldStreet Mall website.
- Office Manager/Corporate Secretary at Caerion Corporation
- Office Manager at SunSolar U.S., Inc
- Executive Assistant at Congregation B'nai Israel
- Executive Assistant at Impac Commercial Capital Corporation
10 months at this Job
- AA Degree
- Certificate in Medical Assisting
Working for the world’s leading diamond producer and retailor, I was responsible for all aspects of financial reporting and associated internal controls as well as specialized JV reporting for their Canadian mining operations. Managing and providing leadership to the entire Controller Group as well as assuming oversight responsibility to operational accounting group as well as offshored AP team. In charge of corporate affairs of the company as Corporate Secretary, including but not limited to organizing BoD meetings, corporate return filing, and liaising with legal counsel. · Built brand new high functioning team from ground up. Within two months in the role, completed half year reporting and corporate auditors’ half year review in time without outstanding issues. · Focused attention on continuous improvement, and application of ESSA (eliminate, streamline, standardise and automate) principle, cutting down two full business days for Group reporting deliverables within four months in the role which allowed more time for senior leadership oversight and better work/life balance for team. Received CEO’s Awards for Excellence, and been recognised as best performing Finance team within De Beers Group globally. · Full reconciliation of all material accounts within four month in the role, and with improved and streamlined internal controls and in-depth technical expertise, achieved clean audit opinion. · Initiated, negotiated and obtained budget for, and led JV module set up in SAP. With the in-house SAP specialist, two specialist contractors, and three existing staff within Controller’s Group, implementation done within 4 months within budget. · Hands on approach for AP outsourcing effort. Worked closely with the Procure-to-AP Specialist in the team, and contributed to process stabilization/improvements, drastically reducing the number of vendor complaints. · Designed quantification model and authored guidelines for new lease accounting standards, and successfully implemented the standards 3 months ahead of required deadline · De Beers Canada Inc. Social Committee chair. Leadership to 10 volunteers to facilitate collaboration. Negotiated and obtained funding for the first Calgary Christmas party, which obtained 90% rating per post event survey.
- Controller and Corporate Secretary at De Beers Diamond
- Specialist at US GAAP Special Project, Devon Energy, Calgary
- Manager, Operations Finance and Accounting, In-Situ Heavy Oil Business at Shell Canada Limited
- Accounting Policy Advisor at Shell Canada Limited
2 years at this Job
- Master of Accounting - Perth, Western Australia
- Bachelor of Commerce - Economics
Responsible for all aspects of Office Management, Human Resources, Finance including AP/AR, payroll, taxes. Additional areas of involvement include Volunteer Management, IT Systems and web design and implementation. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Zoho Database system, Quickbooks, Google Suite, Shiftboard Volunteer system, WooCommerce, Eventbrite and more. As the Corporate Secretary for CNV (501c3) performed all duties including minutes, amendments to Bylaws, attendance, meeting / event coordination, all official report for the Board.
- Administrative Director / Corporate Secretary at Cinema Napa Valley
- Office Manager / Director of Operations at Napa Valley Tours and Transportation
- Owner/Operator at Beyond Coffee
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Management
COMPANY CLOSED SALISBURY OFFICES.
LICENSED P&C UNDERWRITER
• I was hired in 1989 as Assistant Treasurer. I worked with the Treasurer and a staff of six staff accountants. We worked with the other departments of the company to provide excellent service to our policy holders and the agencies who sold the company policies.
• While working at Peninsula I acquired my Delaware Property/ Casualty Producer License.
• I was instrumental in installing and operating various computer software programs to facilitate the production of the quarterly and annual Statutory Financial Statements for the property/casualty insurance company.
• My job was full charge and supervision of all of the company's accounting functions including cash, receivables, payables, reinsurance and the preparation of the statutory financial statements. In 2004 The Company was sold to Donegal Insurance Group. I was named Corporate Secretary, but my duties remained somewhat the same. After the sale of Peninsula to Donegal, I worked extensively with reinsurance contracts and the accompanying accounting functions.
- CORPORATE SECRETARY at The Peninsula Insurance Company
- Accountant at James Pigg & Co
29 years at this Job
- High School Diploma
Serve as Corporate Secretary for Bahamas Companies (Medical/Life/Pension/P&C and Broker and Agency business). A total of 32 meetings annually. ❖ Prepare and ensure that all documentation is submitted to the Board and its committees. (Audit Committee, Conduct Review Committee Meeting and Investment Committee). This includes setting the Agendas for each meeting, circulating the minutes of the previous meetings for comments and ensuring that management is aware and provides their reports for each meeting. ❖ Draft resolutions which are approved by the Board. ❖ Manage the uploading of documents in the Virtual Boardroom which is the tool used for the meetings. ❖ Ensure that proper notice is given for the meetings and a quorum is present. ❖ Prepare the Legal and Compliance Report for each entity and report to the Board on these matters. ❖ Ensure all statutory/regulatory filings is submitted with respect to each entity. Work closely with the financial controllers on these matters. Compliance with these filings are reported to the Board on a quarterly basis ❖ Prepare the minutes for the quarterly Board and Audit meetings with respect to each entity. ❖ Highlight action items and follow up with management on responses to be presented to the Board.
- Corporate Secretary at Colonial Group International Insurance
- Legal Officer at Colonial Group International Insurance
- Legal and Compliance Officer/Corporate Secretary at Colonial Group International Insurance
- Interim Compliance Manager at Colonial Group British Virgin Islands
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Law - LLM Insurance Program
- Bachelors of Law - Law
Assistant General Counsel and Assistant Corporate Secretary
Senior Counsel and Assistant Corporate Secretary
Responsible for organizing all aspects of board and shareholder meetings and managing the corporate governance and board practices, SEC filings, and public disclosures for a large publicly-traded gas and electric utility with $9 billion in market capitalization and $5 billion in annual revenues. Extensive experience advising the board and senior management regarding corporate governance, public disclosures, shareholder engagement and risk management. Through steadily increasing responsibilities, assisted in the management of the legal department as a member of the legal leadership team.
• Provided key legal support for the spinoff of Columbia Pipeline Group, the company's gas pipeline and storage business, and supported the new senior leadership team through post-spinoff transition.
• Successfully launched the company's first shareholder engagement program and implemented improvements to other corporate governance and board practices.
• Strengthened disclosure controls and provided training to senior and mid-level leaders to address new SEC regulations and as part of risk management strategies.
• Effectively and strategically addressed increasing external stakeholder focus on environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues by organizing a cross-functional ESG working group consisting of senior leaders across the organization.
• Simultaneously achieved cost savings and improved compliance procedures by implementing efficiencies in the corporate secretary and public disclosure processes through risk-based work management approach.
• Elevated my team's subject matter and leadership skills, resulting in significantly higher employee engagement scores relative to the entire company.
• Helped conduct accounting-related internal investigations.
- Vice President and Corporate Secretary at NISOURCE INC
- Corporate Secretary, Chief Compliance Officer & Deputy General Counsel at NORTHEAST UTILITIES
- Assistant Corporate Secretary at METLIFE, INC
- Associate General Counsel, Corporate, Finance and M&A, and Assistant Secretary at XEROX CORPORATION
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- B.A. - Political Science
276 Colfax Ave., Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Phone: (269) 925-2262 ext. 1003
Contact: David Ravitch
Corporate Secretary, Co-Owner, Office Manager
• Managed Office Staff. Trained new administrative people in Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Reconcile Bank Accounts using Quick Books Pro; Managing Corporate Files, Telephone Answering and message taking using a VoIP Telephone System, Proof-Reading, Faxing, Photo Copies, Compiling And Binding Bid Documents, Used Microsoft Office using Word and Excel for correspondence, labels, envelopes, mailings, spreadsheets and Outlook for E-mail.
- Corporate Secretary, Co-Owner, Office Manager at Ravitron
- Currier, Light office help at Perry Ballard, Inc
- Office Manager at B&Z Company
23 years, 4 months at this Job
- certificate - packaging and processing of heavy supplies
Drafted and filed necessary documents for nonprofit . Maintaining corporate and board records and documents. Advising the board on regulatory and organizational matters.
- Corporate Secretary at Economic Artistry
- Vice Chair at Plumas County Democrats
- Political Canvasser at Mayor Darell Steinberg Committee for Sacramento's Future
- Treasurer at Plumas Action Network
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- California High School Proficiency Exam