• Key contributor in the implementation of OneSource Tax Provision and OneSource Income Tax by creating all templates, upload files, and Excel work papers.
• Point of contact for the tax department for the implementation of Oracle.
• Designed and implemented data gathering spreadsheets to allow for increased efficiency in tax return turn-around time.
• Created or redesigned most tax work papers, including calculations for R&D Credit, Subpart F, E&P, ASC 740 (FIN 48), 263A, and book to tax and federal to state fixed asset differences.
• Review separate legal entities and prepare the overall consolidated quarterly and annual tax provision.
• Calculated and prepared estimated payments and extensions for federal, state and local corporate taxes.
• Responds to Federal and State tax audits and notices.
• Prepares information required by internal and external auditors.
• Review documentation for memo and footnote disclosures for 10-K/10Q reporting.
• Identifies potential tax issues, performs research, and make recommendations to resolve tax issues.
• Participated in special projects such as refund requests, R&D Credit calculation, income tax nexus calculations, audit defense preparation, and other research and planning projects as required.
• Gathered, assembled, compiled, and filed consolidated, combined, and single federal and state income tax returns, including international forms such as 5471 and 8858.
• Support the month-end closing process, which will include preparation of income tax journal entries.
• Regularly utilize OneSource Income Tax, OneSource Tax Provision, SAGE Fixed Assets, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- CORPORATE TAX ACCOUNTANT at TITAN INTERNATIONAL, INC
- STAFF ACCOUNTANT at ZUMBAHLEN, EYTH, SURRATT, FOOTE & FLYNN, LTD
- Head of Technology and Circulation at Palmyra Bicentennial Public Library
- Computer Repair Technician at New Century Computers
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- MASTERS OF SCIENCE - ACCOUNTANCY
- BACHELORS OF SCIENCE - MANAGEMENT
- ASSOCIATES OF APPLIED SCIENCE - BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
• Responsible for assisting with the day to day activities of Battelle Memorial Institute's sales/use tax compliance in a multi-state 501(c)(3) science and technology development company
• Executes over 20 sales/use tax related journal entries on a monthly basis while completing extensive tax research on sales/use tax issues for 50 states Guam and Puerto Rico
• Complete journal entries for taxes paid and analyze entries made by accounts payable department. Complete corrections as needed.
• Perform reconciliation of accounts with General ledger
• Review the reconciliation of sales/use tax general ledger accounts while responding to state sales/use tax notices
• Develop and maintain web-based/database systems for the request of various sales/use tax exemptions Battelle is exempt from tax in 23 states.
• Issue tax exempt certificates to over 100 purchasing agents.
• Verifies sales/use tax issues in the risk assessment system for project proposals
• Determine validity of taxable status for developers and various departments within Battelle.
• apply financial management principles, theories, procedures, and applications to analyze financial operations as they relate to taxable operations
• identify internal control standards, risks, and deficiencies in financial policies, procedures, operations or systems
• recommend solutions to financial management problems to enhance the validity, accuracy and integrity of financial processes, data and statements.
• Participates in annual tax summits to gain current tax accounting knowledge on tax guidelines and taxation databases
• Execute over 50 state and local tax returns for Corporate Income tax.
• Input apportionments and allocate Unrelated Business Income(UBI) for Corporate Income tax returns
• Responsible for completing over 20 Personal Property state returns for each state of which Battelle holds a physical office and/or property.
• Query newly acquired property in PeopleSoft(PS) to get an update listing and determine depreciated value of each item and the tax payable amount.
- Principal Corporate Tax Accountant III at Battelle Memorial Institute
- Tax Auditor Agent at Department of Taxation
12 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
Responsible for overseeing the indirect tax matters and issues associated with the daily vendor payment activities of the US Accounts Payable Team. Oversee the timely and accurate completion of sales and use tax returns (42 returns) for applicable states.
• Understanding the processes for the procurement and the delivery of hardware, software, and market data services so that the taxability of these expenditures can be determined for indirect tax purposes. This would include a review of the underlying vendor contracts, software licenses, etc. and/or contacting the vendors.
• Function as the coordinator for any sales and use tax. Respond to auditors’ requests and providing timely updates to management on the status of audits.
• Coordinates meetings and gathers documentation for internal and external audits. Serves as the project lead for all North America- based audits.
• Work with the Global Accounts Payable Manager and other AP Team Leads to identify and implement process efficiencies.
• Gathers and reports on the department’s processing metrics. Provides ideas to promote automation and to improve workflow processes.
- Corporate Tax Accountant at Northern Trust Corp.
- Property Accountant at Berkshire Hathaway Home Services
- Senior Staff Accountant at Canyon Ranch Spa Club
- Senior Tax Accountant at LL Bradford CPAs
2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor's - Accounting, Management
Supervise accounts payable team, audit internal expenses, Complete multi-state sales and use tax filings, payments and complex account reconciliations, internal and external auditing, legal licensing registrations, tax certificate renewals and annual reporting. Trainer of yearly tax exemptions and regulation changes to Accounts Payable team. Government compliance assurance with survey sales reporting. Designated author and trainer for mandated company policy and SOX compliances. Strategic planner working close with operation teams to implement time efficient procedures. Responsibilities: § Strategic process planner. § Month end process; P&L trend review § Heavy excel use; data analyst. § Multi-state sales and use tax filings § International tax law; VAT research and reimbursement § Internal auditor and external audits collaborating with Big Four company. § Mandatory federal reporting. § Cash management, GL reconciliation. § Author, manager and trainer of compliance procedures.
- Corporate Tax Accountant III at Ricoh Electronics, Inc
- Corporate Accountant at Inland Pipe Rehabilitation
- Accounts Payable Manager at Inland Pipe Rehabilitation
- Staff Accountant at The McKinley Group
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance
- Associates - Accounting
• Prepare 1120-RIC tax provisions and tax returns
• Calculate periodical estimates for cap gains and distributions
• Prepare state tax returns for RIC funds
• Prepare excise tax calculations for RIC funds
• Review fund compliance with RIC tax code
• Utilize Microsoft applications (especially Excel), as well as proprietary software to complete day-to-day tasks
- Corporate Tax Accountant at State Street
- Fund Administrator at State Street
- Payroll Specialist at Fears Case-Harmon & Associates, LLC
- Library Assistant at University of Missouri-Kansas City
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Accounting
- Associate - Business Management
- Corporate Tax Accountant at Rockwood Capital
- Tax Accountant at KLH & Associates / Golden Gate Associates
- Senior Accountant at Novogradac & Company LLP
- Personal Banker at Bank of America
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business management / Finance
- Senior Corporate Tax accountant at NASCAR
- Investment Management Senior Tax Accountant at Oriental Center Suite 900
- Staff Auditor at
- Accounting Intern at
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Accounting
10 nursing homes, hospice company, home health company, aircraft company, charter company, management company, design company & farm - have done financial statements compilation, oversee accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, prepare payroll tax reporting, franchise tax reporting. Work closely with management in decision making, Ernst & Young in tax preparation, bank financing & reporting, HUD reporting & preparation of forms.
- Corporate tax accountant at Stebbins Five Companies
- Controller at
- CPA at
18 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Accounting - Accounting
- Associates of Arts
• Responsible for quarterly and annual federal and state tax compliance assignments; includes the preparation of the company's federal, state, and local tax returns
• Responsible for creating documentation and support for relevant issues regarding tax compliance assignments
• Perform tax research and analysis of the tax laws
• Assist in the response to related tax correspondence
• Prepare income tax provisions (ASC 740)
• Prepare calculations of research and development credit, including documentation requirements in accordance with the Internal Revenue Code
• User of OneSource tax software
- Corporate Tax Accountant at Roche Diagnostic Operations, Inc
- Senior Tax Accountant at Watermark Group, LLC
- Corporate Tax Accountant at Roche Diagnostic Operations, Inc
- Corporate Tax Specialist at Roche Diagnostic Operations, Inc
6 months at this Job
- - Accountancy
- BS - Management Information Systems
• Handle over 300 payroll payments for clients at monthly basis.
• Manage at least 20 customers' accounts and conduct bookkeeping for clients using QuickBooks.
• Prepare tax returns for individuals and small businesses.
• Establish and maintain loyal clientele by regularly meet with clients to assess their needs and provide the best solutions.
- Corporate Tax Accountant at YinLu CPA, PC
- Accountant at BMJ Trans Inc
- Bookkeeper at CCHC, Culture and Art Department
8 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Accounting - Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics