Diamond Bar, California (1991 to Present time)
Leading manufacturer of high end kitchen appliances, with annual revenues of $ 84 Million. Plant Controller/Cost Accounting Manager
• Design and implement inventory control procedures.
• Implement new standard cost system for better and accurate product costing.
• Forecast and set up the manufacturing budget.
• Analyze manufacturing variances vs. budget and inform Controller and VP of manufacturing of short comings
• Interface with all levels of management and also work with external auditors for year-end audits and manage the year end physical inventory locally and remotely.
• Involve with implementation of the new ERP system called QAD/MFG-Pro. Work with Epic ore Data Flow ERP system for 14 years.
- Cost Accounting Manager at DACOR INC
- Senior Cost Accountant at SYMBOLICS, INC
27 years, 9 months at this Job
- M.S. - Financial Management
- M.B.A - Business Administration
- B.S. - Accounting
Responsibilities as Cost Accounting Manager/Senior Financial Analyst included:
• Manage cost accounting functions including creation of standard costs in ERP system
• Analyze and Monitor Inventories, Excess
• Monitor Direct Labor Hours and Profit Margins for Key Customers
• Green Belt-Six Sigma Projects for Cost Reductions and Waste Elimination
• Financial Month-End Close
• Perform Financial Analysis - Actual to Budget Variances
- Cost Accounting Manager/Senior Financial Analyst at LifePort
- Cost Accounting Manager at nLight Photonics Corporation
- Cost Accounting Manager at Precision Wire Components
- Senior Cost Analyst, Plant Controller at Williams Controls, Inc
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Fundamentals
Cost Accounting Manager
• Reported inventory results on a weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual basis to the company's external partners.
• Maintained over 8000 material master items, bill of materials and routings within the SAP system.
• Collaborated with manufacturing to identify any large material variance discrepancies reducing the total inventory adjustment by over $100k per year.
• Identified risks/errors resulting in purchase price variances and reported these findings to the Purchasing team.
• Participated on the New Product Development team. Created new product master data, which included standard cost and anticipated margin of new items.
• Worked with the Manufacturing to coordinate and execute the annual physical. Developed procedures to reduce time of reconciliation by one day.
• Led monthly Excess & Obsolete meetings with the business units to identify slow moving inventory. Reduced the E&O expense by over $100k the last few years by finding alternative usage.
• Developed a monthly ABC cycle count program to capture counts of large material dollar items. These procedures resulted in greater accuracy in inventory counts through-out the year.
• Maintained all of the Fixed Assets while utilizing Best Software SAGE system.
• Participated on the implementation team for the installation of SAP and earned the "super user" status as it related to Inventory & Costing.
- Cost Accounting Manager at World's Finest Chocolate
- Cost Accounting Manager at La Francaise Bakery
- Senior Cost Accountant at JL Prescott
- Cost Accountant at Dietzgen Corporation
21 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business - Accountancy
Responsible for Costing, Inventory and Cost of Sales. Lead Six Sigma Cost Reduction Projects. Create a Labor Efficiency Report which is being used to drive accuracy and improvements down into Operations. Redesign many internal processes to improve accuracy and timeliness. Design to Build Lead for Oracle Business System implementation. Recipient of two awards, one from Segment Division, Pump Supply Group and one from OPCO for the Oracle Implementation. Ad hoc Analysis and support for all Operational Departments plus Human Resources, Divisional Sales, R&D, et al. Provide Accounting support & direction to the Blackmer Military & Marine Division.
- Cost Accounting Manager at Blackmer - a Dover Company
- Senior Financial Analyst at Dematic Corp
- Cost Accounting Supervisor at TRW AUTOMOTIVE INC. - Global Commercial Steering Division
- Controller at AMERICAN LITHO INC
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Business Administration - Major in Accountancy - Minors in Economics & French
• Own all cost accounting activities including month end close, quarterly standard cost revaluation, variance analysis, margin analysis, inventory control, etc.
• Manage quarterly E&O, LCM analysis, global flux analysis in conjunction with policies.
• Responsible for all costing activities; analyze actual labor, material, overhead cost and capacity. Interact with Production Control team to ensure Bills of Materials (BOM) and Routing are accurate and up to date.
• Support Business Units, FP&A and management team on various cost related tasks including global inventory/warranty roll-forward, specific warranty tracking, and calculate inventory turn analysis. Weekly update OCNIS on Dashboard template for Business Units team and set up meeting to discuss drivers for big fluctuations
• Manage full cycle monthly inventory row audit and quarterly physical inventory count: coordination/report/tracking/reconciliation
• Responsible for royalty accrual and quarterly royalty payment
• Work closely with the Operation leadership and the operations team to provide financial guidance, identify risks and opportunities, and improve business tracking and predictability
• Create and maintain spend budgets for manufacturing departments
• A key team member on development globally inventory and expense booking by PL GL code/BU
• Develop, maintain and ensure ongoing compliance with accounting policies and procedures and SOX 404 internal control documentation
• Work with GLO cost accounting team to provide a rolling four quarter forecast for OCNIS.
• Ensure compliance and integrity with company Internal Control policies and SOX documentation
• Collaborate with external audit staff for quarterly and annual year end audit procedures
- Cost Accounting Manager at Neophotonics Corp
- Cost Accountant at Qualcomm Inc
- Cost Accountant/ Accounting Manager at Intandem Inc
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. in Business - Business/Accounting
Oversight and management of Cost Accountant and Financial Analysts. Analyses of inventory transactions and manufacturing production orders. Closure analysis of manufacturing production orders. Analysis of standard cost, including routing, and bill of material usages, and variances of manufactured parts in accounting system. Maintenance of manufactured and purchased parts in accounting system. Monthly inventory closing analysis and journal entries. Monthly/quarterly EACs for over-time contract projects.
- COST ACCOUNTING MANAGER at MOOG Inc
- SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT at MOOG Inc
- COST ACCOUNTANT at MOOG Inc
- FINANCIAL ANALYST at Alliant Techsystems, Inc
10 months at this Job
- B.B.A. - Accounting
* Responsible for accounting and internal control of $40MM of WIP/stores inventory with three production lines: GL reconciliations, 11 cycle counts annually, management reporting of inventory and performance variances, standard cost setting, fixed asset verification, inventory reserve analysis, variance analysis. * Expert in Excel, Access. User of Oracle ERP. * Manage two people
- Cost Accounting Manager at Xerox Corp
- Accountant at Xerox Corp
- Cost Accountant - Distribution Inventory at Xerox Corp
- Accountant - Financial Statements Consolidation at Xerox Corp
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration - Accounting
Improved the overall use of and reporting from the Oracle Enterprise Suite by overseeing various projects:
• cost reductions
• manufacturing metrics
• inventory controls
• OEM quoting
• business rationalization
- Global Cost Accounting Manager at ASC INDUSTRIES, INC
- Global Senior Cost Accounting Lead, Trimble Worldwide Operations at TRIMBLE NAVIGATION, LTD
- SELF EMPLOYED at SELF EMPLOYED
- Cost Accounting Manager at BLUE CORAL DIVISION of PENNZOIL-QUAKER STATE
6 years at this Job
- BBA - Accounting and Finance
• Managed cost accounting area responsible for inventory valuation, account reconciliations, E&O and LCM reserves, margin analysis, cost allocation, and cycle counting.
• Managed production of external audit requirements including checklist, schedules and supporting documents.
• Collaborated with FP&A on the annual budget, provided the forecasting of COGS, and assisted with consolidating information from various departments.
• Investigated and documented a revised inventory control narrative that described the procedures and controls followed by the organization, which uncover opportunities for process improvement.
• Established factoring arrangement receivables, which saved the company 1/2% per annum on financing costs.
• Developed a detailed reporting tool for COGS and margins by customer, item, product family job, and date, which provided great understanding of product costs, and margins.
• Use SQL and Power Query to mine data from ERP tables to create reports and analysis for use in performance management.
• Created well-designed graphs and dashboards for effectively presenting financial and operating data to management and the board.
• Provided analysis for a performance management system aimed at reducing inventory, scrap, setup and improving margins on specific products and developed KPI's and dashboards for measuring and communicating performance.
• Designed and prepared monthly financial reporting package, analyzed actual vs. budget variances, and authored MD&A memo for senior management.
• Created models for evaluating capital acquisition decisions for machinery expenditures to insure the investments provided value to the organization.
• Provided training to others in how to use modules of the SyteLine ERP system such as how engineers build a routing and bill of materials and how material planners read planning reports.
• Served as a member of the steering committee charged with the responsibility of implementing the conversion to a new ERP system and provided valuable insight from previous experience using the same system.
• Designed new policy and procedures for controlling and accounting for company and customer owed special tooling and workholding fixtures.
• Served on cross-functional team with engineering and manufacturing to formulate solutions to operational issues.
- Cost Accounting Manager at Moeller Mfg. Company, LLC
- Controller at Fairlane Products, Inc
- Vice President of Finance at AAA Sales & Engineering, Inc
- Chief Financial Officer at Machining Center, Inc
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree - Business Administration
Projects include updating product line price books, provided sales data analytics for product line margin improvements such as 3 year history by dealer with margin and discount structure and Open Quote analysis to help guide focus on which customer needed more attention. Cost negotiations when switching products from a make item to a purchased item.
- Cost Accounting Manager at Sioux Steel Company
- Senior Cost Accountant at Blue Ox / Automatic Equipment
- Senior Cost Accountant at Sioux Steel Company
- Cost Accountant at Sioux Steel Company
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
- - Civil Engineering