Directed and managed a steel erecting/construction company; a portfolio company that Montgomery Capital Advisors had been invested in for years, it was flagged due to a significant decrease in annual revenue. processes, catching invoices that were entered incorrectly, duplicated, or the invoices for time and materials being allocated to the inappropriate job number/job site. positioned us to improve liquidity, mitigate potential funding gaps; resulting in an annual gross profit of over $20 million. from the subcontractors in addition to their weekly payments accompanied by the proper lien waiver(Lien Waivers, "Notice of Intents" and Non-Disclosure Agreements). and up to date at all times due to billing be upon percentage of completion. companies. terms; including submissions and following up with collection calls if needed. billings up to date, streamlined and efficient. and security breaches, to alleviate damages if any, and to resolve related issues. records, as well as other financial reports, to assess accuracy, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards. all company expenses to specific cost accounting project codes.
• Developed and Implemented a timely and cost-efficient process by refining their accounts payable
• By authenticating superior accuracy of cash flow forecasts, and extreme attentiveness. This
• Solely responsible for the construction company's Employee Payroll, including the draw request
• Authorized to sign Checks, as well as complete bank deposits.
• Collaborated with Project Manager as a team to continuously keep change orders are accurate
• Processed all accounts payable and receivables while maintaining successful relationships with over 100 vendors, in addition to salvaging relationships with two of their vital equipment rental
• Executed monthly AIA Payment Applications(G-702 and G-703) per General Contractors contract
• Worked closely with project managers to maintain accuracy of change orders to keep our monthly
• Worked collaboratively with department heads, IT and HR to minimize the potential risk of privacy
• Executed General Ledger analysis, key bank account reconciliations, and other accounting
• Primary Administrator of the BBVA Compass Corporate Credit Card system I developed to track
Directed and managed a steel erecting/construction company; a portfolio company that
Montgomery Capital Advisors had been invested in for years, it was flagged due to a significant
decrease in annual revenue.
processes, catching invoices that were entered incorrectly, duplicated, or the invoices for time and materials being allocated to the inappropriate job number/job site.
positioned us to improve liquidity, mitigate potential funding gaps; resulting in an annual gross
profit of over $20 million.
from the subcontractors in addition to their weekly payments accompanied by the proper lien
waiver(Lien Waivers, "Notice of Intents" and Non-Disclosure Agreements).
and up to date at all times due to billing be upon percentage of completion.
terms; including submissions and following up with collection calls if needed.
billings up to date, streamlined and efficient.
and security breaches, to alleviate damages if any, and to resolve related issues.
records, as well as other financial reports, to assess accuracy, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
all company expenses to specific cost accounting project codes.
- COST ACCOUNTING MANAGER•FINANCIAL ANALYST at MONTGOMERY CAPITAL ADVISORS, LLC
- MEDICAL OFFICE MANAGER•BOOKKEEPER at INNOVATIVE HEALTHCARE DALLAS
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Associate - Pre-Med Biology
200 million annually Operations Manager - BYD Coach and Bus Manage several members from various departments- Accounting, Inventory, and Purchasing Produces monthly Ad-hoc reporting package for executive management Super-user for the development of SAP software accounting packages and upgrades Manage the Month End Close Cycles Oversees annual Inventory and Capital Assets Physical Audits Audits Year to Date Expense Profiles and Departmental Budgets Annual Budget Preparation Conducts Annual Inventory Reconciliation Evaluation direct and overhead expenses to work order projects Analyzing Balance Sheet and Income Statements for Accuracy Oversees and Reviews Monthly Reporting Packages to V.P of Finance Reviews Individual Projects for Profitability and break even points Reviews ROI Cost Savings Projects for soundness and viability Manages AP cash-flow controls and expense evaluation Manages revenue cycle forecast to ensure production and sales deliverables are being achieved
- Cost Accounting Manager at BYD Coach & Bus
- Cost Accounting Manager at BYD COACH & BUS
- Financial Analyst/Cost Accountant at Metro Link-SCRRA
- Financial Analyst 2- Aerospace Manufacturing at Crane Aerospace-Hydro-Aire
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- B.A - Business & Accounting
- - Accounting
Manage the work of one (1) Inventory/Cost Staff Accountant in addition to continual management of Accounts Payable as called out below. Prepare monthly recurring and other necessary adjusting journal entries. Reconcile balance sheet (inventory focused) and other related accounts in preparation for month-end close. Facilitate and manage monthly close procedures including: inventory integrity review, inventory adjustments, average bale weight report, WO audit report, stuck sales report, sales cost differences, Joint Venture commissions, Miller Coors commissions, gross profit reconciliation, gross margin review, accrued freight reconciliation. Inventory Management to include: work order corrections, inventory claims. Help review documentation procedures and advise on adjustments as necessary. Assist with quarterly reporting: analyzing and correcting discrepancies. Assist in documenting and monitoring of internal controls. Assist in the annual external audit: prepare various audit schedules and provide supporting documents. Answer auditor inquiries as they arise and provide backup support for Inventory Staff Accountant. Manage the work of AP Supervisor to ensure timely and accurate payments of all invoices submitted through Gauss imaging system. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, monitoring, counseling and evaluating employees' performance. Oversee daily operations of Inventory and AP (7) and communicate with branch personnel to ensure understanding of Finance guidelines and acceptable accounting principles. Management reporting - creating and presenting reports for presentation to Controller and Vice President using established departmental procedures and metrics.
- Cost Accounting Manager at Wilbur-Ellis
- Accounts Payable Manager at Wilbur-Ellis
- Accounts Payable Supervisor at
- Director of Finance at DaVita
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- BS in Business Administration - Business Administration
- AA - Accounting
• Created global cost accounting policy across multiple ERP platforms and ledgers
• Created unified process (ERP independent) for preparing/conducting annual cost rolls to ensure consistency and best practices
• Analyzed routings from multiple facilities to establish consistency
• Ensured each item has a single standard cost globally per corporate policy Plant Controller
• Established weekly variance review meetings reducing variances by 65%
• Initiated mapping corrections from native ledger to Hyperion to facilitate improved analysis
• Interviewed candidates for permanent plant controller and consulted on selection Ledger Controller
• Prepared all financial statements and supporting documents and analysis for 3 facilities
• Initiated monthly communication to management team recapping results and highlights
• Loaded native ledger into Hyperion and maintained mapping for accurate reporting
• Ensured SOX compliance including preparation of all quarterly corporate SOX reporting
• Initiated fixed asset verification and all necessary corrections to the ledger and sub-ledger
• Consulted on annual plan preparation including all necessary analysis and supporting documents Operations Controller (NOV-Wilson: Wilson acquired by NOV in 2013)
• Created and published monthly reporting package for all locations using SAP BPC database linked to Excel
• Prepared the annual budget for over 30 locations and all supporting documents and analysis
• Created budget templates reducing time expended by 50% while increasing accuracy and detail
• Prepared monthly profit and loss forecast for over 30 locations as well as aggregate roll-up
• Analyzed monthly profit & loss variances to forecast and prior month, and provide explanations
• Conducted financial training for field managers, increasing their effectiveness in achieving their goals
- Global Cost Accounting Manager at National Oilwell Varco
- Controller at Delta Tubular Processing
- Controller at AirComp LLC
- Inventory Accounting Manager at Big A Auto Parts
11 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Oversee Standard Costing
● Oversee Manufacturing Accounting COGS and Inventory
- Cost Accounting Manager at Defibtech LLC a Nihon Kohden Company
- Cost Accounting Manager & Internal Auditor Finance at Edwards Life Sciences
- Corporate Controller at Sanofi
- Site-Controller at Honeywell Electronic Manufacturing
5 months at this Job
Managed site financial reporting which included P&L and daily gross margin production reports. Reconciled weekly inventories using a variety of spreadsheets, daily production information, purchase orders, shipments and goods receipts. Properly identified goods receipts against customer invoices and process them for payment using Sage 500 ERP System. Improved and maintained BOM system for better cost calculation of the finished goods. Reviewed, approved, coded invoices with the right GL account, and transferred back to the AP department for payment. Created and maintained Ad-Hoc reports as needed.
- Cost Accounting Manager at Colorado Premium
- Senior Cost Accountant at Atkore International
- Cost Accountant at Mistica Foods, LLC
- Cost Accountant / Production Scheduler / ERP Implementation at Ed Miniat, Inc
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- BA in Business Administration - Project Management
• Compile product costs including direct labor, raw material and overhead costs. Maintain and update std cost module
• Converted from actual costing to full std costing
• P&L Analysis & reporting for manufacturing variances, PPV, scrap, COGS, & Inventory adjustments
• Absorption analysis
• Interface with Purchasing, Planning, Quality, R&D, Sales, CSR's, and Warehouse Depts.
• Analysis of daily inventory transactions. Oversee and manage daily cycle count operations for 4 warehouses (over $34 million)
• Month end process including journal entries
• Develop recommendations for managerial action to improve processes.
• Participate in Lean Manufacturing
- Cost Accounting Manager at Merical Inc
- Senior Cost Accountant at Captek Softgel Int'l
- Senior Accountant & Cost Accountant at Nobel Biocare
- Cost Analyst at Beckman Coulter
2 years, 5 months at this Job
• Lead of a team of 8 direct reports and 9 contractors in their job duties, performance, and career development utilizing a shared service model.
• Responsible for 19 plants' Inventories including intercompany reconciliations and administering the controls for a newly formed cycle count program.
• Lead both internal and external audits for cost accounting team.
• Finance Lead for Microsoft Dynamics general ledger implementation.
• Responsible for reviewing and updating standard costs for 19 manufacturing sites across 4 countries.
• Responsible for costing pilot builds for new products in the US plants.
• Reduced month end closing hours by 12 hours while continuing to search for improvements to further reduce the close cycle.
• Develop and monitor company wide accounting policies and procedures.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial packages for analysis and review while speaking to the variances related to COGS and plant variances to executive leadership.
• Executes the monthly and quarterly close process including journal entries and BS reconciliations and coordinates with direct reports to ensure accuracy and completeness as per close deadlines.
- Cost Accounting Manager at TEMPUR SEALY, INC
- Global Manufacturing Accounting Manager at BRIDGESTONE/FIRESTONE INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS, LLC
- Plant Accounting Manager at BRIDGESTONE/FIRESTONE INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS, LLC
- Cost Accountant at BRIDGESTONE/FIRESTONE INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS, LLC
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting & Business Administration
Responsible for managing six cost accountants that perform all cost accounting functions across fifteen plants in the Midwest and the Northeast involving 3 Order To Cash (OTC) systems. Over the past year I have dismissed and hired employees, implemented new Supply Chain directives such as MIP, standardization of timely and accurate reporting and consolidation of payments through Treasury. Most importantly I have gained a thorough and complete understanding of cost accounting in the Milk Industry.
- Cost Accounting Manager at Dean Foods
- Senior Cost Accountant at Dean Foods
- Senior Accountant at Atsco Footwear, LLC
- Controller at DT Industries, Converting Technologies Division
10 years, 5 months at this Job
- M.B.A. - Time
- B.S. - Business Administration/Accounting and Finance
Wamar Technologies, LLC is a leading manufacturer of armored vehicles with annual revenues in excess of $30 million.
• Coordinator of the management team that re-implemented QuickBooks via line by line clean-up of the Balance Sheet and P&L statements: including the Item Master, Bills of Materials, Overhead calculations, Standard Costs, and Policies and Procedures.
• Prepared and analyzed the 2017 financials for the entire division and coordinated the 2017 annual external audit.
• Prepared the divisional budget for 2018 including detailed assumptions used for key calculations for management
• Created a 90 day cash-flow analysis to assist management with funding of critical needs of the site.
• Implemented a process to review margins per estimates per potential contracts before finalizing contracts.
• Coordinator of 2 wall-to-wall inventory counts that established inventory accuracy and policies for reporting purposes.
• Established a daily cycle-count program to improve the accuracy of our inventory on hand.
• Supervisor of General Accounting, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Inventory Analysis, and Cash reporting.
- Controller / Cost Accounting Manager at Wamar Technologies, LLC
- Supplies Inventory Accountant at
- Controller at Wamar Technologies, LLC
- Corp. Finance & Accounting Consultant at Plasma Surgical, Inc
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting