Cost Accounting Manager
• Reported inventory results on a weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual basis to the company's external partners.
• Maintained over 8000 material master items, bill of materials and routings within the SAP system.
• Collaborated with manufacturing to identify any large material variance discrepancies reducing the total inventory adjustment by over $100k per year.
• Identified risks/errors resulting in purchase price variances and reported these findings to the Purchasing team.
• Participated on the New Product Development team. Created new product master data, which included standard cost and anticipated margin of new items.
• Worked with the Manufacturing to coordinate and execute the annual physical. Developed procedures to reduce time of reconciliation by one day.
• Led monthly Excess & Obsolete meetings with the business units to identify slow moving inventory. Reduced the E&O expense by over $100k the last few years by finding alternative usage.
• Developed a monthly ABC cycle count program to capture counts of large material dollar items. These procedures resulted in greater accuracy in inventory counts through-out the year.
• Maintained all of the Fixed Assets while utilizing Best Software SAGE system.
• Participated on the implementation team for the installation of SAP and earned the "super user" status as it related to Inventory & Costing.
Cost Accounting Manager
- Cost Accounting Manager at World's Finest Chocolate
- Cost Accounting Manager at La Francaise Bakery
- Senior Cost Accountant at JL Prescott
- Cost Accountant at Dietzgen Corporation
21 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business - Accountancy
Irvine, CA March 2019 to August 2019
A leading manufacturing of cervical collars and lower spine products.
Cost Accounting Manager
Led company's cost accounting activities which includes:
• Month-end closing
• Inventory reconciliations including 2 foreign subsidiaries
• Standard Cost development
• Manufacturing variance analysis including labor, overhead, material usage, and purchase price variance
• Prepared monthly reports for senior management detailing financial trends and areas of concern
- Cost Accounting Manager at ASPEN MEDICAL PRODUCTS
- at RICOH ELECTRONICS, INC
- Director of Cost Accounting at RICOH ELECTRONICS, INC
- Cost Accounting Manager at
5 months at this Job
- B.S. in Accounting - Accounting
Managed all operational accounting functions for Salt Lake City & South Carolina manufacturing plants. Issued monthly plant operational variance projections report and updates. Reconciled perpetual inventories to general ledger for monthly closing entry. Responsible for formulating and revising annual operating budgets for five plants. Assisted in annual standard cost roll-up and standards revaluation for the company. Participated in the companies cost improvement program by initiating, calculating, and implementing projects to reduce operating costs.
- Cost Accounting Manager at Weider Nutrition International
7 years, 6 months at this Job
- B.S. - Business/Economics
* Led the implementation of leasing standard ASC842 for inventory/cost accounting - publicly traded Business Equipment company * Updated the standard setting process for the annual cost roll and amortization of cost revaluation * Implemented several process improvement initiatives including account reconciliation, journal entries and the month end close * Supervised offshore partner in clearing aged goods received and inventory in transit accounts * Developed cost analysis for budget and forecast planning * Assisted business leaders in planning and redeveloping annual cost budgets impacted by the leasing standard and China tariffs * Assisted in the carve out for the sale of business to discontinued operations * Led the cleanup of inventory/cost from the system after the sale of business * Apprised senior leaders of process improvement initiatives and ongoing efforts to remediate control issues * Conducted walkthrough reviews and determined controls that should be tested by external and internal auditors * Introduced new assignments to staff as part of their career development with a focus on process improvement projects
- Inventory/Cost Accounting Manager at Pitney Bowes Inc
- Director at MMH Enterprises, LLC
- Finance, Project Lead at Terex
- Accounting Manager/Financial Controller at Terex
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor Degree - Science and Technology
Oversight and management of Cost Accountant and Financial Analysts. Analyses of inventory transactions and manufacturing production orders. Closure analysis of manufacturing production orders. Analysis of standard cost, including routing, and bill of material usages, and variances of manufactured parts in accounting system. Maintenance of manufactured and purchased parts in accounting system. Monthly inventory closing analysis and journal entries. Monthly/quarterly EACs for over-time contract projects.
- COST ACCOUNTING MANAGER at MOOG Inc
- SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT at MOOG Inc
- COST ACCOUNTANT at MOOG Inc
- FINANCIAL ANALYST at Alliant Techsystems, Inc
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- B.B.A. - Accounting
Leading the corporate cost accounting team to support the Manufacturing/Purchasing/Planning/DC/Branch/Route operations at various levels and coordinate month end close, spending analysis and reporting, Inventory and other BS reconciliations, PPV analysis, WOV analysis, BOM and routing analysis, quarterly cost roll, review monthly financials for various business units/cost centers/departments, continuous process improvements and management reporting by playing a key and challenging role with corporate transition from CA to TX. Work with IT/ERP team for various troubleshoot on sales update, special projects and testing, manage AAI tables..etc. Assist yearly AOP preparation, monthly actual vs budget analysis and highlight major flux and coordinate business unit review meetings. Process improvement- study, design, test models, implement, training/cross-training and SOPs. Assist/provide all required documents and reports for internal audit, quarterly external audit and yearly bank audits.
• Actively participates in various inventory control process and initiatives to improve and maintain a better inventory management across the company. Improved daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly cycle counts for better accuracies, efficient reporting, better documentations for SOX compliance, cross-training and internal audit ultimately to reduce risks by identifying potential excess, expired, slow-moving inventories in a timely manner. Measure the risk in advance and report to management team and work in collaboration with various operations team from Order to Delivery (OTD) and make sure adequate internal control processes are in place and adequate inventory reserves accrued against the obsolete and slow-moving inventories
• Developed and streamlined the item (sku) set up process and plays a visible role in the whole process and full life cycle of an inventory item (birth to death) from the request to set up an item, monitor various inventory transactions (by doc type), set up and maintain AAI tables, validate and troubleshoot various transaction errors, and make sure the GL is posted correctly.
• Monitor weekly scrap, contributions, and inventory adjustments from cycle counts, approve and post the cycle counts and reporting, and trend analysis
• Weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly inventory reporting and trend analysis
• Maintain and support standard cost changes/ cost rolls and analyze variance and margin analysis
• Monthly inventory reconciliations and booking correction and re-class JEs. Periodic studies of business process changes to identify root-cause analysis and work proactively to reduce inventory errors. Custom made various integrity reports to monitor inventory posting errors that causes GL to Perpetual variances
• Prepare monthly reports for deidentifying slow-moving, obsolete, use-up inventories and calculate and book/adjust inventory reserve
• Periodic BOM audit for material cost variances, scrap and cost saving initiatives
• Support internal and external audits (quarterly and yearly)
- Sr. Cost Accounting Manager at Farmer Brothers
- Cost Accounting Manager at E4D Technologies
- Sr. Cost Accountant at E4D Technologies
- Cost Accountant at Atlas Copco Drilling Solutions
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- MS in Accounting - Accounting
- COST ACCOUNTING MANAGER at MONTGOMERY CAPITAL ADVISERS, LLC
- MEDICAL OFFICE MANAGER•BOOKKEEPER at INNOVATIVE HEALTHCARE DALLAS
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.A. - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND HEALTHCARE STUDIES
• All Cost Accounting functions including Variance analysis,
• Daily COGS analysis, Variance Analysis and work w Operation for more detailed understanding,
• GM analysis for the internal management for each business line and give report/presentations to controller and CFO,
• Intercompany accounting for subsidiaries includes costing, investigating on the intercompany AP, AR transactions.
• Physical Inventory management (working w/ops and variance adjustment by visiting at warehouse in Columbus, Ohio),
• Drive Cycle count and annual physical inventory audit for all plants to support internal auditors,
• AP vendors and GR/IR analysis and working with revenue/AR team on unearned revenue/suspicious/fraud activities and intercompany acctg.,
• Excess and obsolete analysis (work with Mktg, OPS, Sales dept. and prepare presentation for VPs and CFO),
• SAP IT projects (i.e. intercompany and new plant set up) for expansion of the business,
• Ad hoc financial analysis and presentations per mgmt.,
• Working with internal auditors and helping them understand the details on all aspects of cost accounting,
• Working with mktg. department on various new products and margin analysis for the better visibility of all R&D related expenses,
• MFG Cost center expense analysis,
• Working with tax departments and resolving issues related to used sales taxes issues,
• Inventory management control and provide support to related all departments quarterly and annually,
• Managing two direct reports and supporting them to move forward in their roles,
• Work with Operations, FP&A/Finance group to support and provide the required data and help them understand the COGS.
- Cost Accounting Manager at Rodan and Fields
- Manager Revenue & Cost at Power Integration
- Senior Cost Accountant at Aixtron Inc
- Cost Accounting Manager at Alta Devices
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- JD and Masters of Legal Studies - Legal Studies
- M. A. - Accounting, Finance
- M. A. - Liberal Arts
- BA - Business Administration
Review and maintain cost accounting records for manufactured products Improve cost accounting accuracy via improved manufacturing reporting
Review and maintain cost accounting records for manufactured products
Improve cost accounting accuracy via improved manufacturing reporting
- Cost Accounting Manager at Smith & Lovelsss
11 months at this Job
- Master's - Business
• Managed Further Processing side of plant accounting, P&L, bill of materials, and financial reporting initiatives.
• Developed and maintained accounting principles and processes ensuring compliance with GAAP regulations
• Participated in weekly management meetings discussing forecasted production and prioritized spend levels
- Cost Accounting Manager at Butterball, LLC
- Plant Controller at Smithfield Foods, Inc
- Plant Controller at American Foods Group
- Plant Controller at Smithfield-Farmland Foods, Inc
1 year, 8 months at this Job