SNC-Ltd. Binghamton, NY 9/12-Present
An Engineering firm that designs, develops, and delivers engineering, including system planning and studies, procurement, and construction
solutions for high voltage power transmission line and substation projects.
• Prepared MS Project Cash Flow forecasts for NYSEG/RGE/CMP project portfolios on a monthly basis.
• Prepared weekly / monthly project reports to capture expenditure trends, identified variances and insured accurate revenue recognition.
• Prepared project dashboard files in support of Project Review Meetings.
• Monitored Funding, Actuals and Open Commitments.
• Provided guidance to Project Managers in support of Monthly Contractor and Material accrual cycles.
• Developed Cost Element Mapping to facilitate monthly forecasting cycles.
• Actively participated in Earned Value Management Initiative.
• Adhered to FERC and NERC requirements.
- Cost Controller at SNC Lavalin
- Senior Program Planning and Control Analyst at Rockwell Collins, Inc
- Multi-Functional Financial Analyst Senior at Government and Military Interests
- Senior Financial Analyst at PAREXEL International Corporation
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
System One is assisting PHI Project Controls in post-merger integration with Exelon Corporation (NYSE: EXC)
Senior Cost Controller
• Provide senior-level financial management to Transmission, Substation & Distribution construction management teams
• Manage a portfolio of 28 active electric utility projects with $39.5 million annual spend in all aspects of budgeting, cost forecasting, monthly reporting, PAR presentations, program and project authorizations
• Monitor project risk and review cost reports with Project Managers, provide analysis for variances of $100K+
• Build relationships with internal & external stakeholders including Engineers, Category Managers, Schedulers, Estimators and Vendors
• Support financial close activities including project close-out, prepare accruals to Corporate Accounting
• Track KPI/metrics to compare Actual to Budget and prepare a 5-year Long-Range Plan
- Senior Cost Controller at Pepco Holdings, Inc. (System One)
- Senior Financial Analyst at The Horizon Group
- Senior Analyst at Columbia Green Group
- Consultant at Contract Consultant
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - General Management
- BS - Finance
As a Cost Controller, my tasks includes Inventory Control: Performing Physical Inventory, Compiling, Maintenance and makes Report and Recommendation. Purchasing: Off Island ordering, bidding, researching for the best deal that fits our needs. Merchandising: Assessing with what is best for how the Merchandise potential of selling, rotation of Merchandise to keep the store looks fresh and how it is being stocked. Food, Beverage and Retail Costings: Determining what to price an item in order for the running costs to be met and improves among other. Accounts Receivables processing for payment and Maintenance of Invoices. Floor Managing. Knowledge in Excel, Quickbook, Chef Tec among others.
- Cost Controller at Tumon Aquarium, LLC
6 years, 10 months at this Job
- High school - Accounting
- Texas Operations Turnaround/Site Pipeline
• Provides management with the ability to proactively manage the turnaround budget through detailed estimating, accurate forecasting and cost closure
• Leads the project team in deriving an accurate and realistic forecast of all funds required to complete the project within the defined budget and schedule while incorporating own trending and analyses
• Build estimates for assigned work-list that incorporates all planned scope
• Track all costs on the assigned accounts
• Updating account status and database regularly
• Analyze vendor reporting and cost estimates for variances for established plan
• Utilize all tools available to provide TA leadership accurate estimates and forecasts for all assigned accounts
• Work with cost accountant to ensure that all forecasting and accruals are submitted in accordance with company policy
• Complete other necessary analysis and reporting as requested
• Alert the project team to critical cost management issues
• Handling questions or complaints; investigating and resolving discrepancies and establishing good relationships with customers
• Ability to use confidential or sensitive information in a professional manner to achieve collections targets/goals
- Cost Controller at Kelly Services
- Accountant II at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- RN Satisfaction Survey project at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
3 years, 7 months at this Job
Contractor via Mindlance Consulting (Financial Analyst IV) · Distribution Engineering Governance leader responsible for five year budgeting and cost control measures for the Advanced Grid Intelligence Security technology upgrade initiative. · Provided monthly variance analysis explanations for actual results to budget and forecast. · Collaborates with other business areas to ensure consistent processes and reporting.
- Cost Controller at Xcel Energy
- Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A at Western Union
- Senior Financial Analyst at Great-West Financial
- Operations Analyst, Global IT QA Governance at Visa Inc.
5 months at this Job
- M.A. - Accounting
- - Business & Accounting
- B.A. - Psychology
• Prepare estimates as it relates to Materials, Labor and Purchased Services for all jobs necessary during a turnaround
• Analyzes cost data, cost trends, contingencies, scope changes, add-ons and identifies discrepancies
• Works with Coordinators, Schedulers and Planners to identify changes in costs alignments or plan changes
• Prepares monthly accruals
• Review contracts
• Provide forecast and daily feedback to Turnaround Managers
- Cost Controller at The Dow Chemical Company
- Project Controls Accounting Manager at CF Industries
- Operations Manager - Finance Manager at School Time Uniforms
- Accounting Manager at TDC, LLC
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration - Accounting
Job Description: Track capital and expense projects using SAP and vendor daily cost reporting. Perform invoicing audits. Report daily cost and manpower updates and provide ad-hoc reports as requested. Record and track all field change orders. Serve as liaison for vendors for all cost reporting and client requirements. Provide cost forecasting based on spent vs. earned man-hours. Track and request supplements as needed for purchase orders.
- Turnaround Cost Controller at TGE Industrial Solutions
- Project Manager / Electronics-Instrumentation Supervisor at Total Safety
- Photojournalist at Victoria Advocate
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- - General Studies, Communications
- High School Diploma - Communications
- - Exchange student
Costs Control. Basic and Details Engineering 350MW Cogeneration Power Plant. Avanzia -ALFA Mexico. Setting the engineering budget in accordance to the project schedule and plan. Control of actual expenses vs budgeted expenses, including general expenses and income forecasts, as well as the cost impact of the assigned personnel and resources. Budget management (actual vs committed). Planning and control of man hours and associated expenses. Project cash flow management (set-up and control). Preparation of project cost reports, including invested amount, forecasts of: expenses, costs, profitability indexes and cash flow.
- Cost Controller at INELECTRA
- Project Scheduler at INELECTRA
- Construction Cost Controller at INELECTRA
- Business Development at INELECTRA
6 months at this Job
- Master's - Industrial Project Management
- Bachelor's - Industrial Engineer
- Certification - Strategic Management Certificate
• Creates and updates weekly cost status reports for clients using company standard Microsoft Excel cost reports.
• Supports project managers with weekly tracking of actual cost, invoice summaries, and compiles S curve data with actuals and earned data.
• Uses Dynamics Accounting Software daily to verify job charges and budgets and communicates discrepancies in reporting to the Accounting department.
• Assists Project Managers with VOR forms and coordinates with the Accounting department for latest budget on Dynamics and weekly cost spreadsheet.
• Tracks all proposals weekly using SharePoint spreadsheet.
• Assists administrative assistants as needed with formatting and proofreading documents, emails, and company proposals.
- Project Cost Controller at Keystone Engineering Inc
- Administrative Assistant at
- Administrative Assistant Intern at
- Supplemental Instruction Leader for English at Southeastern Louisiana University
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English Education
- Cost Controller at UTEC Survey
- AP/Payroll Clerk at UTEC Survey
- Receptionist at UTEC Survey
- Customer Service Representative at Diane Tran Insurance Agency-Farmers
5 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Business Accounting