• Cost Engineer for exhaust systems
• Managed costs for several vehicle programs & for multiple customers & OEMS
• Cost Manage projects in Total over $10 Billion.
• Estimate Stampings, tubes, pipes, and catalytic converters
• Compiled and managed costs from other depts.: PE, PUR, DE, ACCTG.
• Compiled costs for acquisitions and for deliverables at progressive gate deliverables.
• Used tools such as Excel and software programs using CAD which measure parts
• Incorporated, process costs, machine costs, depreciation, burden rates, machine rates
• Managed costs for all engineering changes
• Lead costing for all acquisitions.
• Led Cost improvement and VA VE activity
• Analyzed utilization rates and MFG layouts and capex costs.
- Cost Engineer at EBERSPAECHER CORP
- VA Lead for Cost Engineering at Toyota Motor Corporation
- PURCHASING MANAGER Auburn Hills, MI at Durr Systems
- Purchasing Manager Prototype Group at Seating Division
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- BBA - HR and marketing
Promoted to Cost Engineer in July 2017 Complete Material Takeoff from drawings and bid documents Proficient in reading technical drawings and specifications Decipher Contract Language Coordinate with colleagues to meet deadlines & complete bid packages efficiently Prepare properly proofread Proposals, tailored to each client Sage Estimating Software, Planswift, and AutoCAD Proficiency Introduced to iTWO estimating and tracking software
Promoted to Cost Engineer in July 2017
Complete Material Takeoff from drawings and bid documents
Proficient in reading technical drawings and specifications
Decipher Contract Language
Coordinate with colleagues to meet deadlines & complete bid packages efficiently
Prepare properly proofread Proposals, tailored to each client
Sage Estimating Software, Planswift, and AutoCAD Proficiency
Introduced to iTWO estimating and tracking software
- Cost Engineer at Bilfinger Industrial Services Inc.
- Project Designer at Battery Handling Systems
- Design Consultant at I.O. Metro
2 years, 10 months at this Job
Currently working as Field Cost Engineer. Roles include: · Trend estimating, conducting meetings · Preparation of Trend Report and providing trend status input to GBU reports · Project Forecasting · Sub contract cost evaluation and risk coordination · Risk program coordination and reporting · Field Cost reporting · Back charge program coordination · Set up quantity tracking program and monitor designed quantities, constructed quantities. · Preparation pf change notices, change orders for schedule and cost · Schedule variance analysis and impact assessment in Primavera · Set up and monitoring of modular pipe rack schedule in Primavera · Management reporting
Currently working as Field Cost Engineer.
· Trend estimating, conducting meetings
· Preparation of Trend Report and providing trend status input to GBU reports
· Project Forecasting
· Sub contract cost evaluation and risk coordination
· Risk program coordination and reporting
· Field Cost reporting
· Back charge program coordination
· Set up quantity tracking program and monitor designed quantities, constructed quantities.
· Preparation pf change notices, change orders for schedule and cost
· Schedule variance analysis and impact assessment in Primavera
· Set up and monitoring of modular pipe rack schedule in Primavera
· Management reporting
- Project Cost Engineer / Trend Engineer at Bechtel
- Project Control Specialist at Bechtel
- Discipline Estimating at Bechtel India Pvt. Ltd.
- Engineering Planner at Bechtel India Pvt. Ltd.
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Post Graduate Certification Programme - Construction Management
- Bachelor's - Civil Engineering
• Demonstrate HSE leadership by actively engaging the BP site team and construction contractors with actions that contribute to delivering on BP's HSE expectations Plans & Procedures
• Ensuring forecasts and VOWD submissions are in line with the BP Cost Engineering procedure.
• Ensure compliance with financial and business and project processes. Cost Control
• Ensure the preparation and development of appropriate control budgets from the Project estimate.
• Prepare cost data for their assigned Delivery Team including but not limited to budgets, commitments, VOWD, forecasting, capex time-phasing (capex management), reporting and analysis.
• Work with cost control tools including WBS, BP Cost Database System (the BP version of Kildrummy® CostMANAGER), SAP (General Ledger), Backbone/GFT, Project Mgmt of Change (MOC) register, Risk Register, etc.
• Develop and maintain progress including consolidation of calculations and analysis of contractor and vendor monthly inputs.
• Ensure correct coding of all requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, invoices, estimates, and ensuring these are updated and maintained in the BP Cost Database.
• Prepare and review monthly VOWD forecasts for sign-off by Budget Holder and manage in quarter, in year and full-cycle forecasting accuracy.
• Ensure budget transfers are correctly managed and approved
• Provide cost input to commitment and contract closeout process Interfaces with PSCM and Finance functions
• Working with the Project Controller and Finance function to ensure adequate financial controls.
• Assist PSCM and Finance in the verification of contractor and supplier invoices for payment; assist PSCM in the development and negotiation of payments, input to CTR's, etc.
• Participation in creating of Shopping Cards in Backbone.
• Reconciling of costs between the ledger (SAP) and the BP Cost Database (KCM).
• Ensure all invoice-supporting documentation is readily available for auditing by Joint Venture (JVs) and partners to facilitate cost recovery.
• Support audits of the cost control procedures and activities (internal and external) Estimating
• Providing, in liaison with users, accurate cost estimates for various in-house job studies & projects including carrying out economic benefit evaluation for various options studied by respective Business Units and Support Units.
• Reviewing & firming up consultant developed cost estimates at various engineering phases. Following up the cost related to work executed to identify the accuracy of their cost estimates and utilizing to update the records for future estimates.
• Assisting in internal and external benchmarking/technical limits. Reporting
• Preparing and implementing BP Cost Database, including roll-up levels and reporting cycle calendar
• Developing and issuing various reports to appropriate stakeholders, including partner reports.
• Providing cost input to monthly reports, dashboards, GPO and partner reports
• Responding to requests for QPCF (Quarterly Project Cost Forecast) data, data analysis, tools, presentation materials, etc.
• Assisting with development of Project Closeout Plan. Management
• Supporting PS Lead to provide accurate cost information to the Project Managers and Project General Manager (PGM)
• Integrating across the project by linking engineering, PSCM, construction and commissioning to maintain alignment of cost reporting and forecasting
• Providing holistic analysis of cost data and understanding how it relates to progress in the yards and the construction program
• Preparing full presentation pack for monthly Schedule and Cost Review Meeting with PGM.
• Input to the Master Control Estimate (MCE) update process for the delivery team on a six-monthly basis (part of the Cost and Schedule Verification Review - CSVR). Work with planning engineers, project delivery managers and the central cost team to understand and explain variances against previous MCE baselines (see Project Management of Change)
• Contribute to Organizational Learning and ensure lessons learned and best practices are incorporated
• Assisting in the development of contractor supplier performance KPI's in order to monitor and influence the contractor's performance against the contract (including PCP requirements)
• Single point of contact and "tag" for the co-ordination of all Offshore Costs & Budgets (circa $4 billion) in terms of MCE & QPCF submissions and any other subsequent requests from Central Cost Team e.g. submission of completed templates to central cost team, receipt and circulation of data, full assurance, quality check and follow up with relevant cost engineers should any anomalies is found, preparation and development of MCE presentations using Cost Engineer's inputs with support and guidance from Overall Project Services Manager.
• Deputies for Cost Team Lead during rotational leaves.
- Project Cost Engineer at BP Exploration Shakh Deniz
- Cost Engineer at Amec FW, Chirag Oil Project (COP), Offshore Facilities Construction
- Cost Engineer at BP Exploration
- Chief Accountant at Det Norske Veritas / Maritime
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - Finance & Management
Provided project controls leadership and support for BP Thunder Horse Operations and Project Managements teams. Worked with engineering and manufacturing data to determine the processes and develop / maintain proposal data used in cost estimation process. Participated in sourcing and cost determination activities for purchased components. Generated requisitions for purchase orders. Implemented and monitored costs at each stage until close-out. Advised project team members of cost control issues. * Coordinated internal / external partner Approval for Expenditures (AFEs) for Capital and Expense projects. * Produced monthly cost tracking, Value of Work Done (VoWD) and Forecasted Cost at Completion (FCC). * Developed and implemented project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in coordination with Project Manager and Project Engineer. * Prepared and updated the Group Financial Outlook (GFO) with Project Engineer and Project Manager monthly. * Coordinated and developed project annual spend projections, cost reconciliations and variances analyses. * Recommended process changes to improve productivity, standardization and overall customer satisfaction.
- Cost Engineer / Analyst at British Petroleum
- Cost Control Specialist at Pasadena Refining System, Incorporated
- Underwriter at New Century Mortgage
- Due Diligence Underwriter / Account Manager / Credit Analyst at Aegis Mortgage Corp
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
• Developed the first release of the VCE sourcing offset process in collaboration with the Purchasing Process organization. Designed and released the first sourcing offset and sourcing efficiency templates.
• Drove uniform implementation of these processes across vehicle lines.
• Developed the materials for, and conducted sourcing offset classes for new buyers. FCA Vehicle Cost Engineer - Post Program Approval
• Developed piece cost targets for new wire harnesses for the 2019 RAM truck for budgetary and purchased target setting.
• Monitored all piece cost and investment targets and statuses on multiple segment vehicles to drive understanding of how those product programs are doing against funded targets and competitive cost levels.
• Collaborated with Release and System Cost Engineers to develop "should" material cost targets.
• Resolved all target cost and investment concerns with Purchasing during the sourcing process.
• Managed all changes to the component cost and investment checkbook via the corporate change management process
• Processed all PentaSAP supplier tool requisitions
• Developed product action trackers and checkbooks for funded product actions.
• Supported the team in year over year Product Costs
• Mentor new Vehicle Cost Engineers educating them in the fundamentals of FCA Sourcing and Supplier Tooling processes. Program Management and Team Leadership Experience
- FCA Vehicle Cost Engineer at Aerotek Corp
- Chrysler Resident Engineering Program Manager at VOXX International
- Engineering Program Manager at MSX International
- at MSX International
8 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science
- Bachelor of Science - Physics and Mathematics
Sabine Pass LNG
Program Subcontracts Cost Engineer
Job duties include:
• Applies unit rates (cost and job hour) to quantities and perform extensions for total cost estimates, as assigned within a discipline or commodity specialty
• Performs routine assigned tasks related to preparation and application of cost monitoring and control standards, techniques, programs, and reports
• Assists in collecting and classifying cost data, as directed
• Assists in analyzing cost data, as directed
• Maintain Purchase Orders/Commitment values/Actual Costs/QURR Reports/Subcontract Cost
• Updating the cost system with commitments and actuals
• Holding a monthly subcontract review meeting with management
• Cost coding and approving all subcontract Service Requisitions, CCA's, and Invoices.
• Forecasting Subcontract Costs
• Attending Subcontract progress meetings/QURR Meetings
- H.O. Trend Engineer/Field Cost Engineer/Field Lead Cost Engineer at Bechtel Corporation
- Cost Engineer/ Lead Trend Engineer at Bechtel Corporation
- Mgr of Accounts Receivable at American Crane, Rigging and Sling Consultants
- File Clerk at Mehaffy Weber Law Firm
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.B.S. in Management Information Systems - Management Information Systems
• Led project services team consisting of 6 to 8 employees
• Involved in managing, reporting and controlling the overall project costs
• Ensured correct project cost information was reflected in cost reports including the accurate development and prediction of Estimate At Completion (EAC)
• Followed Shell Standardized Capital Project Cost Management procedures
• Guaranteed that project closeout and capitalization were completed in a timely manner following mechanical completion
• Participated in a great amount of interaction with client representatives, management, engineers, schedulers, turnaround team and contractors regularly to understand and control project costs
• Supported the project engineering in managing, controlling, and documenting changes in the scope and costs of projects
• Alerted the Project Engineer and Project Controls Manager when the project forecast indicated an over/under run
• Developed forecasted commitments and cash flows for major capital projects
• Ensured that purchase orders and work orders are setup in accordance with established WBS structures
• Monitored commitments and actuals on a regular basis to ensure spend remained in accordance with plans
• Confirmed the amounts and validity of commitments periodically
• Led monthly cost reporting meetings with project managers, engineers, and leadership
• Performed monthly SOx reconciliations on Shell-Motiva major and minor capital projects Accomplishments
• Developed and maintained portfolio workbook capturing 300+ capital project data including budget, cost, forecast, schedule, risk, S curves, and variances
• Created cost reporting workbooks for monthly meeting reviews
• Built and implemented a forecast tool to assist capital project managers and cost analysts with cash flow projection
- Lead Cost Engineer at Shell Motiva
- Project Controls Accountant at Dupont
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Accounting - Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts - General Studies
- Managing and keeping track of the project's budget and report any changes to the budget's cost to management - Determine and report forecasted cost for the project - Compare the changes in monthly forecasted cost to the entire project and for each contractor - Review project scope changes and submit change order request where necessary - Determine the "cost to complete" for each contractor and project - Obtain and run weekly reports (Committed Cost, Labor Report, 10 Week Cost Breakdown, Job Cost Detail) for the project to track actual man-hours work, labor cost, material cost, and subcontract costs. - Set up cost codes and charge codes for the project - Enter all generated purchase orders in the system (GEAC & Convero) - Enter, process, and code all invoices for payment. - Create and Maintain monthly manager's report
- Cost Engineer at Amec Foster Wheeler
- Project Accountant/Controller at
- Cost Accountant at
- Accountant at Parker Aerospace
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
Provided customers quotes by generating a cost analysis for the most efficient method of fabrication to the desired
● Recreated customer CAD drawings to identify best layout for manufacturing.
- Cost Engineer at PSC Industries
- Technical Writer at iQor Aftermarket Services
- Manufacturing Engineering Co-op at Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering