Responsible for most Progeny hardware proposal efforts, including development and production contracts. High level of knowledge in estimating practices for engineering and production design, build, and test efforts. Project values range from $5,000 to $100,000,000 dollars.
• Integral member of all engineering, financial, manufacturing and supply chain teams to support Proposal and Manufacturing Production efforts.
• Successfully manages multiple projects at one time as the lead Hardware Cost Engineer for various DoD Programs primarily in the naval sector.
• Responsible for creating cost models as needed for cost estimating elements such as Bills of Material (BOM), Work Breakdown Structures, and Labor Hour Breakdowns.
• Performs risk analysis on potential new Vendors, End-of-Life (EOL) components, Period of Performance (POP), Level of Effort (LOE), etc. to insure projects will not under run production budgets.
• Uses knowledge of Government regulations such as FAR, DFARS, TINA to make sure all out going proposals are DCAA/DCMA compliant with sound audit packages.
• Completes vendor source-selection decisions based on Cost Analysis, Price Analysis, past performance, lead time, and specification compliance.
- Cost Engineer/Cost Estimator at Progeny Systems Corporation
- Project Development Sales Engineer at CHESAPEAKE CONTROLS INC
- DDC Commissioning Technician at CHESAPEAKE CONTROLS INC
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Engineering Technology
Capital Projects Planning & Scheduling 2018 - Current Providing planning and scheduling functions, from project initiation through closeout, for a petrochemical capital project portfolio valued at approximately $500 million. Turner & Townsend Planning and Cost Engineer
- Planning and Cost Engineer at Air Resources Americas
- Senior Consultant at Turner & Townsend
- Planning and Cost Engineer at PMA Consultants LLC
- Field Engineer at The Industrial Company (TIC)
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- BSc - Building Construction
- - Project Management Institute
Auburn Hills, Michigan Responsibilities: Cost Estimating Software: Global lead for increasing global adoption of internally developed cost estimating application. Continuous improvement of the application through development and implementation of new features to increase user efficiency, consistency, and accuracy. Global lead for application cost data management. NAFTA Cost Methodology: Includes the development and execution of the FCA cost methodology Cost Engineers are to follow. The methodology provides details on piece price, tooling & ED&D cost development. Corporate Training - Cost Engineering: Developed training curriculum for all cost engineers on subjects dealing with FCA Cost Methodology, Target Setting, Mark-ups, Bill-of-Material development, manufacturing processes and using the cost estimation application. Working closely with FCA Management developing a specialized co-op / internship program with Oakland University to grow cost engineering field with the next generation. Selected Achievements: ♦ Researching strategic alternative cost estimating applications (aPriori, Siemens & FACTON) as potential replacement of internally developed application. Conducting multiple workshops with each software company and various levels of FCA management on the benefits of an outside application versus an internally developed application. ♦ Working closely with FCA Management developing a specialized co-op / internship program with Oakland University to grow cost engineering field with the next generation. CHASSIS SYSTEMS COST ENGINEER FCA GROUP Inc. - Auburn Hills, Michigan Managed all cost estimations for steering systems: rack & column mounted electric power steering gears, hydraulic steering gears and steering gear pumps. Responsibilities included developing "bottoms-up" cost estimation utilizing an Activity Based Costing (ABC) methodology. A typical analysis consisted of reviewing all available data (CAD, actual parts, sketch, etc.), developing a comprehensive Bill-of-Material (BOM), identifying the Bill-of-Process (BOP) or manufacturing process for each component in the BOM, creating detailed burden calculations for each manufacturing process and applying appropriate mark-ups in order to determine a product's "should" or "technical cost". Validated all costs (piece price and/or tooling) associated with steering system related engineering changes. Performed evaluations of final production tools prior to financial payout of tooling purchase order to ensure all tools met the Company's tooling standards. To stay current with ever changing economic conditions, researched alternative costing methodologies, manufacturing processes, labor rates, material costs and all other financial aspects that impacted a company's costing structure. Selected Achievements: ♦ Developed multifaceted tooling and piece price cost models (virtual tools) for many different manufacturing processes that calculated a cycle time and selected the necessary machine / capital equipment. ♦ In-direct supervisory responsibility for three additional team members. Responsibilities included meeting departmental / individual goals, adjusted workloads and providing necessary support for issue resolution. Utilized a Macro-management style approach, which allowed each team member to develop their own processes and daily activities to ensure personal and professional achievement.
- Systems Cost Engineer at FCA GROUP Inc
- COST ANALYST at GBL RESOURCES
- OPERATIONS MANAGER at TITAN ENERGY DEVELOPMENT
- COST ANALYST at GENERAL MOTORS
9 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - (BS) - Business Administration
As cost engineer, I lead the Cost Improvement Program in order to promote savings in labor and overhead costs (saved more than $1.5 million dollars each year). I keep track of, and report on, more than 60 projects throughout the year. This also includes leading product maintenance exercises and reviewing all ETO products for BOM and routing accuracy. As operations support (fabrication, paint, and assembly) I was recruited to create and improve work flow processes to increase efficiency (poke yoke, design/make jigs and fixtures). To promote Continuous Improvement, I lead 6S and Kaizen events, Greenbelt and Lean projects. I am involved in line balancing exercises, programming CNC machines, and routings. I also support new product introduction by quoting new and legacy parts (make vs buy analysis and implementation into plant), make prototypes, offer suggestions on design for manufacturability, assist in vendor selection, and work with subcontractors.
• Interim Fabrication and Paint Manager during 2 month transition period.
• Lead for external insurance audit. I lead a team of 4 to prepare for the audit, walked the inspector through the physical inspection of the plant and processes, and handled all paperwork that was returned to the insurance providers.
- Manufacturing / Cost Engineer at Signify - San Marcos Operations, TX
- Manufacturing Engineer - Fabrication and Paint Supervisor/Quality Control at Philips - Hadco
- QA/Production Associate at Mensor Corp
- Shift Manager at Logan's Roadhouse
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Industrial Technology
Provided support at the Tesoro Wilmington Refinery over $27MM Capital Projects on a yearly basis budget in support of the Capital Projects Department
• Interfaces with project team to ensure adherence with project work breakdown structure (WBS)
• Analyze cost trends, cost risk and change request for impact on project cost. Collaborates with project team to understand spend performance.
• Reviews commitments and expenditures against budget
• Ensures understanding of cot drivers through regular interface with project team and contractors
• Develops forecasts and updates project cost reports and cash flows. Communicates budget and forecast exposure and impacts on timely basis to project management
- Cost Engineer at JACOBS ENGINEERING
- Cost Manager at FAITHFUL & GOULD
- Cost Analyst II at BRINDERSON
- Field Engineer/Cost Control at IRWIN INDUSTRIES
4 months at this Job
- - Technology
- Masters of Business - Business Administration/Human Resources Management
- Bachelors of Science - Human Services/Community Development
Provide assistance in the development, implementation, and management of the Landside Access Modernization Program (LAMP) budget by applying fundamental budgetary concepts, practices, and procedures. Providing direction and counsel to the projects $3.4B budget allocations regarding expenditure controls and budgetary requirements. Assisting in the analysis of proposed and final funding legislation, and reviewing department budgets for new positions and availability of funding for local government agencies.
• Control and monitor project total expenditures including verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure expenditures are captured and properly recorded
• Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes
• Perform and manage project activity scheduling and monitoring, while performing technical and commercial review of EPCI long time tenders (subcontractor's quotations) for the preparation of Service agreements
• Ensure effective project implementation and utilize productive reports from WBS/SAP software for use of project management system monitoring to review the status of all purchases, invoicing, and delivery up to the closure of the project
• Prepare monthly project movement report for the monitoring of program activities on a daily basis and register all downtime, consumptions and program related issues relating to the project promptly to the project manager and management
• Coordinate and work with project management teams to resolve project issues, ensure delivery/completion of project work requirement for vendors and third party subcontractors
• Collaborate with Accounting to reconcile month end projections, review work in place, ensure vendors and subcontractor payments are made timely and review owner submittals.
- Cost Engineer at Los Angeles World Airports (LAMP)
- Document Control Technician at PEAK STAFFING (Jacobs Engineering)
- Budget Analyst at Cenergy Intl. (Chevron Corp)
- Administration Supervisor at UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS, California
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Administration
- Associates of Science - Business
• Atlantic Sunrise ◦ Setup of forecast tracking spreadsheets for 3 spreads, analysis of bid documents for each spread in preparation of startup, building all daily/weekly cost reports, invoicing to client, setup of reporting to track earned value. ◦ Assigned to track and forecast Spread 6 on ASR project in Lebanon, PA. Tracking costs, progress, schedule, equipment, and earned value. Forecasting completion of project in June of 2018. ◦ Reporting of daily/weekly earned value, progress, forecast and schedule reports on a cost plus project. ◦ Job cost estimate & track trends/change orders. Write and submit trends to client for review and approval. ◦ Review and approve all purchase orders and invoices on project ◦ Monitor, track and forecast equipment/labor onsite ◦ Work with PM/Superintendent closely to try and assist in holding to planned manpower/equipment
• Sunoco Mariner Project ◦ Progress tracking on the Sunoco Mariner project located in PA. ◦ Tracking Reports include Variance reports from planned verse actual, weekly financial reports, planned vs actual man-hours & cost discrepancy report, daily construction accomplishment reports, direct/indirect curves, and win/loss report. Perform earned value analysis vs performance reporting factors. ◦ Prepare weekly safety/cost/performance power point presentation for weekly construction meeting with upper management and construction management. ◦ Weekly forecast reporting of crews and cost to go ◦ Calculating of earned value ◦ Use of Sharepoint and Field Management programs
- Cost Engineer at Welded Construction/PTAG
- Field Cost Analyst/Project Controls at Enbridge Energies/MBF Inspection
- at Valero Refinery
- at Fluor Constructors
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Business Management - Business Management
Work as an Owners Representative at Shell / Motiva in Norco, LA. Responsibilities include tracking, reporting, and forecasting cost on various small capital projects for all phases of work including; Identify & Assess, Select, Define, and Execute. Responsibilities also included creating assets, retiring assets, and monthly accruals (based on Value of Work Done). Created requisition request and tracked purchase orders on all assigned projects. Was chosen to lead the Project Controls Department effort in transitioning to an upgraded version of SAP.
- Cost Engineer at JACOBS ENGINEERING
- Earned Value Systems - Department Manager at BE&K a KBR COMPANY
- Part Owner at LANDRY LUMBER & SUPPLY CO., INC
- Division Project Controls Manager at Shaw Constructors, Inc
7 years, 4 months at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration
- Associate - Office Administration
Analyzed future vehicle cost impacts, providing input to planning studies.
• Developed portfolio cost analysis to identify key cost drivers, including integrating assembly, footprint and product factors, vendor tooling and manufacturing process impacts, achieving company cost targets and drive profitability.
- Portfolio Cost Engineer at General Motors Corporation
- at General Motors Corporation
- Global Portfolio Planning Analyst at General Motors Corporation
- Senior Buyer and Supplier Leader, Fascia and Bumper Beams at General Motors Corporation
2 years at this Job
- MBA - International Business
- Master of Science - (MS), Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering - (BE), Production Engineering
• Helped start a Cost Modelling group at Johnson & Johnson with objective of cost reduction. -- This included testing and selection of tools and creation of policy and procedures.
• Evaluated Cost Model Software, including Costimator, Seer, & Siemens to determine best fit -- Tested and evaluated cost estimating software using previous experiences with available data for simplicity, available data, and consistent results and recommended Siemens after a decision to use Costimator was made.
• Use Siemens Cost Estimating software to model & develop costs used to support cost negotiations --This tool is used to identify cost gaps and as a benchmark analysis tool in order to identify cost improvement projects
• Created Cost Models for material purchases, medical devices, packaging and mechanical processes --In first year of use, completed more than 15 cost models with avg potential savings of 55%
• Created educational process documentation to supplement those provided by the software tool developer --Clarified documentation from Siemens to improve consistency among estimating team
- Cost Engineer at Johnson & Johnson Ethicon Endo Surgery
- Mechanical Estimator/Project Manager at Lenovo
- Cost Trends Analyst, Department Auditor at IBM
- Manufacturing Engineer at IBM
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Industrial Engineering