• Responsible for receivables for two of Presidio's three entities.
• Joined Presidio as a single contributor. Advanced to Credit and Collections manager, managing a team of 40 collectors in three office locations and six Cash application team members located in two offices.
• Developed and Implemented process improvement in the following transaction processing areas to ensure best practices.
• Credit Card processing software. Worked with vendor, bank and IT department to upgrade current software to ensure process was PCI compliant. New process encrypted customer information to a retrievable token. No internal or external storage of customer information.
• Invoice mailing queue, automating ability to email customer invoices.
• Worked with internal IT department to develop Credit and Collections Module outside of Great Plains. This module gave collectors ability to attach invoice copies to email within system. Flag notes at document level with Action IDs to better identify commitments to pay as well as reason invoice is past due.
• Enhanced Cash application process, by working with Lockbox Bank to download daily reports into excel, which are then uploaded into Great Plains for posting. Additionally, initiated the use of AI (Artificial Intelligence) to match customer remit information to ACH and wire payments.
• Developed internal SharePoint sites to document requests for revenue credits, sales tax credits and collection department tracking lists. This enhancement took the document retention out of company email system.
• Worked with Director of Sales tax to communicate anticipate tax concerns as well as resolve unpaid tax balances.
• Backed up Director of Credit during month and year-end high-volume times. As well as during PTO times. Developed training documentation for credit team. This document later became the template for the Quality Control department when established.
• Integration of legacy receivables from merger and acquisitions. Trained collector and sales teams from merging companies as they transitioned from their legacy systems to Presidio tools.
• Interacted with Director of Billing to develop cross department policies to ensure customer where invoice according to Sales order and their PO.
- Credit and Collections Manager at Presidio Networked Solutions
- Accounts Receivable Manager at Vantage Deluxe World Travel
- Accounts Receivable Manager at Allegiance Telecom / Hosting.com
- Customer Financial Services (CFS) Staff Manager at Verizon Wireless
13 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Management
- Associate of Arts - Computer Programming
Independent Contractor - AP Manager Reviewed credit applications and approved lines of credit. Made collections calls and coordinated payment arrangements. Prepared statements for customers and collections reports for executive staff. Trained and supervised AP Clerks. Reviewed and processed expense reports and compiled tax information and other documents for Controller. Key accomplishments:
• Increased A/R collections by 20 percent.
• Initiated an organized and efficient invoice coding, approval and filing system for Accounts Payables.
- Credit and Collections Manager at Marine Repair Services
- Assistant to the Deputy Director of Operations at RDC Construction, LLC
- Assistant to the Director for Operations at Freeland Construction Company
- Administrative Assistants/Project Coordinators Manager at JE Dunn Construction Company
1 year, 6 months at this Job
Manage Credit Team consisting of 5 members. Provide leadership and mentorship to ensure growth and knowledge retention as it relates to company policies and procedures. Ensure that Software Escrow Account Invoices and Agreements are addressed and resolved promptly. Review and ensure Credit Notes and Escrow Agreement Terminations adhere to all company policies and procedures. Work with Internet Security Division for all things that are Credit and Collections related. * Manage assigned high profile accounts (IBM, Cisco, eBay-PayPal, Facebook, Nasdaq) in all aspects of credit administration. Handle all customer requests and positively respond and resolve all customer issues related to their Software Escrow Account. * Process credit notes and debits as required on all assigned accounts. Complete new vendor setups as needed. * Manage all credit reference requests for customers and provide all required documents to setup vendor accounts including W-9, insurance certificates, and banking information. * Work closely with sales to effectively manage assigned credit accounts. Review existing and prospective contracts for relative credit information or requests. Maintain strong working relationship with related Departments to ensure the most positive customer experience. * Manage A/R-cash application which includes checks, ACH, and Wires from multiple bank accounts. Complete Bank Account Reconciliation and Audit. Provide reporting accordingly. * Manage Invoicing and Manual Billing duties. Ensure all invoices are correct and sent out in timely matter by Accounting Team. Work with Operations Department to confirm adjustments and terminations are handled promptly.
- Credit and Collections Manager at NCC GROUP
- Sr. Credit Analyst at MONSTER CABLE PRODUCTS
- Loss Prevention/Accounts Receivable Rep at FORD COMMERCIAL CREDIT
- Sr. Customer Support Specialist at MACROMEDIA
7 years, 4 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
• Develop, review and implement credit and collections policies and procedures for the company
• Conduct investigation of customer's financial position to evaluate credit worthiness and determine extension of credit lines for existing customers
• Evaluate and determine approval of credit lines and payment terms for new customers
• Monitor collections of account receivables to identify high risks accounts and implement strategies such as payment plans to bring accounts current and to improve cash flow
• Provide upper management with status reports of collection efforts.
• Maintain credit and collections files.
• Prepare AR Quarterly Meetings with CFO to discuss AR, aging issues and to analyze managements reports metrics such as AR turnover and DSO
• Monitor A/R Aging Report to reduce DSO
• Maintain internal controls to meet SOX requirements for the credit and collection processes
• Review and release orders through the PeopleSoft Order Management module and approve additional billings
• Interacts with Revenue Accounting and clients to reconcile open items, credits and unapplied payments to maintain accounts as current as possible.
• Oversee our members' credit card receivables regarding collection of membership fees, outstanding charge backs, and membership refunds. Interacts with Customer Service Department to address member's complaints and resolve issues
• Work closely with IT and Treasury to maintain PCI compliance parameters across our internal systems, and external payment processing providers such as Paymentech and Merchantlink
• Negotiate and manage D&B contract yearly
- Credit and Collections Manager at Interval International Inc
- International Credit and Collections Analyst at Ingram Micro Inc
- Credit and Collections Supervisor at Dana World Trade
12 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master's Degree in business administration - business administration
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration - Management
- Bachelor's - English
• I played a critical role in collections transformation including evaluating current processes and implementing changes to optimize recoveries. Selection, monitoring and continues evaluation of nationwide collection agencies and attorneys to ensure maximum recoveries are achieved while maintaining a compliant environment.
• Continuously drove performance and production amongst the collections team. Compile collection/AR aging metrics to measure and tracked performance of the collection team. Developed reporting designed to communicate the collection team’s performance. I continuously analyzed KPIs and perform ad-hoc analysis to provide concise summaries and root-cause analysis of performance trends to senior management.
• Managed all activities in credit and accounts receivable. Maintained accurate records and created financial reports related to all receivables and reconciliation for senior management. Maintained delinquency and charge-off levels to meet/exceed corporate plan.
• I prevented personal conflicts from reducing performance and production expectations. Recruit, hire and train staff accordingly to business needs. Consistently perform Due Diligences and conduct department meetings.
- CREDIT AND COLLECTIONS MANAGER at TITANIUM FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS, LLC
- DIRECTOR OF COLLECTIONS at CENTRAL COLLLECTIONS SERVICES - STATE OF COLORADO
- CREDIT AND COLLECTIONS MANAGER at AUTOPAY SERVICES
- REPOSSESSION MANAGER at AUTO PORTFOLIO SERVICES
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- - CORE BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- - GENERAL
• Leading seven profit centers throughout the Midwest in Credit Analysis/Loss Prevention of commercial, industrial, agricultural, and medium size business owners
• Leads staff - Develops and coaches direct reports plus oversees department operations and staff activities including hiring, training, goal setting, auditing, monitoring performance, providing performance feedback, development of employees as well as disciplinary action, when necessary. Ensures staffing model is created and updated as the business changes
• Manages processes - Oversees department operations with a focus on being efficient, effective, and current. Builds a culture that includes a continuous process improvement focus
• Creating SOP's with a growing company that builds strength to the organization
• Supports and interacts with partnering leaders and their staff to build relationships, demonstrate support, and partner on special projects. Initiates awareness, or resolve issues that impact either internal/external customers or operations
• Oversees and manages annual reviews with credit & collectors - AR
• Direct report to the CFO
• Directly responsible for managing the aging report while maintaining a healthy DSO. This includes B2B, Fleet, Warranty, and National Accounts with Hyster-Yale, Mahindra, and JCB. Improvements are continually building to strengthen and leverage AR
• Possess strong analytics, methodologies, and negotiation skills with due diligence
• Review and release credit holds if deemed appropriate, and if not, take the next step to ensure the circumstantial hold is properly managed
• E-commerce portal savvy - ARIBA, LTM, EDI, ARI, TAULIA, COUPA, & BASWARE
• Annual performance reviews for direct reports
• Ongoing management of credit and collection processes with employees Achievements:
• Instituted, developed, and established a newly seasoned created credit department
• Developed and built a stronger level of communication between departments
• Mentored and trained credit and collection personnel as well as other internal employees among branches
• Created and developed a new business application conducive to legal requirements
• Developed and synthesized B2B credit analysis workflows, which awarded best practices
• Responsible for contracting collection/credit reporting agencies such as Experian and Dun & Bradstreet. These reports are utilized in lieu of other reports to complete the due diligence process
• Secured a corporate membership with National Association of Credit Management (NACM)
• Reduced delinquency ratios from 5% - 14%; 30 + to 90 + days respectively to less than 2%
• Executed corporate credit card efficiencies by utilizing Virtual Merchant Vaults. Acting as the e-commerce website controller, adding operators, and ordering terminals as necessary. The new process increased customer service, decreased employee confusion, and secured credit card compliances between the company and the e-commerce database
• Cost analysis of credit card expenses revealing different tier levels of charges. Currently modifications are in process to minimize expenses; an expense that was never addressed
• Manage corporate AR aging report to appropriate DSO metrics overviewing branch, service, parts, rentals, and sales managers. Increased process efficiencies has proven positive cash flows and ROI
• Manage multiple corporate control projects including problem solving with internal personnel responsibilities and resolution methodologies
• Strategically collaborates and communicates with the CFO, Controller, and Corporate Operation's Manager to control cash flow, enhance credit policies, and best practices methodologies in diverse departments, which includes new and used sales, service, rentals, and parts
• Defined e-commerce SOP's for new users
• Defined and instrumented the Credit Policy
- Credit and Collections Manager at Fairchild Equipment, Inc
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Marketing Certification
- B.A. - Business Management
• Analyze credit data determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit this includes both domestic and international accounts.
• Analyze financial statements and project details to identify points of risk for international and domestic accounts, including converting currency to USD while analyzing international financials.
• Liaison between credit and the sales department
• Evaluate customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, savings data, payment history, and purchase activity
• Helped Implement all Credit Department policies and procedures
• Presented and defended analysis, conclusions/recommendations and credit facility structure Senior Management.
• Manage a portfolio of accounts of over 75MM
• Month End reconciliation reports
• Bad Debt Reserve reports
• Monthly Reclass reports
- Credit and Collections Manager at Faro Technology
- Credit Analyst-Central U.S. and International Market at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Credit Manager at LSQ Funding Group
- Sr. Account Executive AVP at First Capital
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
• Managed diversified customer accounts, minimizing risk while allowing customers a sufficient credit limit to meet their needs. (Imaging, Respiratory, Nuclear Medicine, Government, Equipment Contracts, Canada, Latin America and Asia)
• Resolved issues in a timely manner in order to make progress on improving customer payment habits as well as good customer relations.
• Processed credit card payments.
• Analyzed customer financials and completed annual reviews.
• Compiled reports in Excel for the Credit Department.
• Compiled instructional information and educated the Credit department on Financial Statement Analysis.
• Facilitated successful internal and external audits through sound and thorough documentation.
• Transitioned A/R to new ownership and trained the appropriate staff members.
• Transitioned customers to new bank accounts, name changes and Tax I.D. changes.
• Managed 3rd party billing through DataServ.
• Participated as part of a team responsible for establishing new company policies and procedures for the Credit department.
• Completed testing assignments on SAP procedures, and reported errors to be corrected before the expected live roll out date.
• Facilitated successful TSA agreements.
- Credit and Collections Manager at Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Company
16 years, 10 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Provided support as Client Account Manager/Credit and Collections Manager for International Law Firm.
• Perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual AR reviews.
• Managed and processed Write-Offs.
• Oversee staff of 5.
• B to B and Consumer Debt Collection.
• Assess Customer Credit Worthiness and Determine Customer Credit Line.
• Account Invoicing.
• Customer Dispute Mediation.
• Client Services.
• Audit and Recon.
• Bankruptcy Filings.
• Regulatory Compliance.
• Staff Recruiting and Training.
• Staff scheduling and payroll approval.
• AR reporting for Partnered Attorney's and Legal Assistant.
• Client Auditing.
• Submitting daily, weekly and monthly department reports for the company and clients.
• Motivate and be available for general guidance.
• Prepared Board AR Reports.
• Resolved Billing errors.
• Processed Client Refunds.
- Client Account Manager/Credit and Collections Manager at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Volunteer at Express Inc
- Director of Operations and Compliance at Compliant Collection Solutions
- Manager staff Benefits at Robinson Reagan and Young, PLLC
1 year, 1 month at this Job
We are a New York Stafe licenced auto finance company who lends exclusively to customers with chllaneged credit.
Manages a team of 3 collectors and an underwriter.
Daily duties include:
• verifying all applications for credit from previous day have been processed
• sending adverse action letters to the applicants who could not obtain financing
• monitoring calls and accounts for each collector
• tracking daily dollars collected and accounts current
• tracking recency on all accounts
• handling calls that require supervisory assistance
• assist in funding all deals once approved
• verifying insurance and DMV issues on all accounts
• training employees on updated policies and procedures including compliance, state and federal regulations
• writing policies and procedures to be included in the policy and procedure manual that is reviewed by the compliance officer and the department of financial services Stays complaint with all fair lending requirements as well as FDCPA. Knowledgeable in chapter 13 and 7 bankruptcy and post charge off legal process AFIP certified in Auto Finance compliance and regulations.
- Credit and Collections Manager at Dorschel Automotive
- Director of Consumer Service Representatives at Fulton Friedman and Gullace
- Relationship Manager at JP Morgan Chase
- Loss Mitigation Supervisor III at JP Morgan Chase
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Some college