Vice-President Credit Risk Relationship Manager for Financial Market Utilities (FMUs), responsible for development and on-going management of BNY Mellon's enhanced oversight of FMUs. Primary responsibilities include:
• Financial Market Infrastructure (FMI) Oversight Advisory Group Credit Risk representative. Group provides oversight/governance of FMIs and approval of FMI initiative deliverables including recovery and resolution for payment, clearing and settlement businesses.
• Enterprise-wide Central Counterparty Policy development including governance by the FMI Oversight Advisory Group Committee; CCP business coordination; and, on-boarding due diligence including reviews of financial resources and risk management practices
• FMU Risk Assessments of Central Counterparties and Central Securities Depositories as required by BNYM Policy or other due diligence requirements. The risk assessment framework is based on CPMI-IOSCO Principles for financial infrastructures (PFMI) standards, supporting PFMI guidelines and other industry best practices. Additional responsibilities include providing FMU risk management subject matter expertise as a member of the FMI Policy Advocacy Working Group; to support of Client Asset Protection issue remediation for the BNY Mellon SA/NV Bank; implementation support of Target 2 Securities in Europe; and Office of Recovery and Resolution Planning support.
- Credit Risk Manager at BNY Mellon
- Credit Risk Manager at BNY Mellon
- Vice President-Senior Project Manager/Program Manager at BNY Mellon
- Vice President-Senior Project Manager at BNY Mellon
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- MBA - Information Systems Sub
- BS - Management/Marketing, Magna
Evaluate and assess risk in excess of $3 billion. Ensure prompt payment and securitization of accounts receivable.
- Credit Risk Manager at MidAmerican Energy Pipeline Group
- Bookkeeper at
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate - Accounting/Finance
Assistant to the Director Global Credit & Collection * Direct team of credit managers, credit analysts - local and overseas - and provide credit underwriting services on a global basis [US Domestic/Latin America, EMEA and Asia] * Execute credit policies and procedures. * Implemented credit risk management platforms/database to manage credit exposure, financial analysis, and financial reporting. * Global collections activities - cash applications. * Subject Matter Expert in designing, implementing software and applications for Credit Risk Management and cross-department projects. * Redesigned business transformation initiatives across multiple functional areas. * Educated stakeholders in best practices and aligned business processes. * Enhanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and customer onboarding procedures. * Improved Internal audit controls. * Created economic and specialized market reports, following economic trends, implemented strategies reducing sovereign risk exposure to high-risk markets. * Presented credit evaluations and in-depth financial analysis to Senior Management including analysis and interpretation of financial statements, specialized in IFRS and GAAP. * International Business and Finance * Global Logistics * Coaching and Training, Leadership and mentorship to all cross-functional organizations: Financial Reporting and Processing, Credit and Risk, Accounting and Operations. * System Integration including M & A * U.S. Sanctions and Compliance (OFAC) * Key Relationships with multiple Senior Executives [Finance, Internal and External Audit, Treasury, IT Org, Controllers, Share Services] Hellmann Worldwide Logistics, Miami, FL Manager Credit & Collections * Implement local credit and collections policies and procedures for the US market. * Conducted credit profiles and financial analysis to determine counterparty risk and assigned credit lines. * Maintain optimal sales while improving DSO, and reduced bad debt expense by 33.2%. * In charge of reconciling A/R Accounts and other-related Balance Sheet Accounts for Internal and External Audit. * Calculated bad debt reserve requirements based on credit exposure and financial standing. Liaised with legal department for collection matters and resolved accounts in dispute. Managed a Headcount of 10 employees locally and 5 abroad. * Reduced by 54.6% the unapplied cash by implementing effective cash application procedures. * Evaluated key business strategies with sales and other departments to optimize value creation potential during 8 consecutive years. Liuski International Inc., Miami, Florida Branch Credit & Accounting Manager * Prepared and documented 45 to 60 Letters of Credit a month, including pertaining documentation for exports and background. * Participated in weekly multifunctional meetings aimed at optimizing sales, being able to lead the Americas section several times. * Awarded as the National Accounting Manager. * Collaborated with the legal department in the translation of legal correspondence from Spanish and Portuguese to English.
- Senior Credit & Risk Manager - Marine Segment at World Fuel Services Corp
16 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration
- Certificate in Treasury Management
- Certificate in Business Administration
- - Leadership
• Screen deposits up to $2 Million before final settlement
• Audit business financial statements to asses risk of newly boarded merchants to the firm
• Manage teams of analyst ensuring due diligence, KYC, and anti money laundering best practices are being followed.
• Facilitated training courses for newly hired risk/fraud analyst
• Assisted business with crisis management procedures
• Assisted upper management with new process inception and change management
• Collaborated with bank partners to complete risk reviews within agreed upon service level agreement time frames
- Credit Risk Manager at First Data Merchant Services
- Senior Commercial Credit Analyst at TD Bank Retail Card Services / Accounting Principals
- Manager / Bookkeeper at Paris Maintenance & Management Co
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- - Business Administration
- - Business Administration
Conduct extensive risk assessments through the analyzation of documents, statistics, reports and market trends.
● Conduct quality assurance checks on various client documents submitted to provide proof of income such as paystubs, financial statements, tax returns and credit reports.
● Assist with the development and facilitation of the organization's quality assurance guidelines.
● Maintain a vast knowledge regarding investor overlays, requirements, and expectations.
● Act as a liaison between loan officers and compliance management staff to maintain an open line of communication.
● Assist with operational tasks such as Pre-close and post close quality reviews regarding discrepancies and ensuring that each issue is fixed accordingly.
- Senior Credit Risk Manager at CITYWIDE HOME LOANS
- Senior Quality Control Underwriter at LOAN SIMPLE INC
- Mortgage Underwriter III at URBAN LENDING SOLUTIONS
- Mortgage Underwriter at WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Administration
Lead credit analyst for multi-million-dollar portfolio of broker-dealers and hedge funds. Conducted financial analysis of clients to determine optimum level of credit exposure and risk related to lending, transaction services, and trading. Worked with diverse areas including foreign exchange, treasury services, and capital markets.
• Coordinated credit review process for entire group and acted as tutor and resource to other analysts to assist in improving credit skills.
- Vice President and Credit Risk Manager at BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON
- at BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON
- Vice President and Relationship Manager, Asset Servicing at BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON
6 years at this Job
- Master of International Management - International Management
- Bachelor of Arts - (BA), East Asian Studies
- - Chinese language
- - Chinese language
• Created entire risk management process for Merchant Services and Cash Management, including writing bank credit policy, creation of procedures for underwriting, fraud investigations, asset workout and risk monitoring of a portfolio of $8.7 Billion in annual transactions.
• Daily management of a team of 7 officer level analysts, providing strategic direction and credit guidance for the group. Manage implementation of departmental project that improved efficiencies in operations and risk management. Chair of Process Improvement Committee /12 yrs.
• Lead cross-functional teams on investigations of regulation violations, cybercrime and fraud, uncovered and prevented nearly $10 million in potential loss in 2017
• Financial management of annual budget and collaborated with other managers setting goals to enhance revenues and fee income for $35 million LOB. Performed financial review and cost control management to achieve department goals, achieving a reduction of charge offs by 75% in 8 years
• Performed numerous Financial, Risk and Operational audits; achieving highest ratings for 3 years
• Attract and retained strong talent including working closely with Management Develop Program of recruiting and training cross functional teams. Achieved highest employee engagement score compared to financial services industry 2014, 2015, 2016 * Promoted from Banking Officer to Assistant Vice President in 2003. * Promoted to Vice President in 2008.
- Vice President, Credit & Risk Manager at M&T Bank
- Business Manager Enterprise Development at Quality Day Care Child Development Center
- Corporate Cost Accountant at Sumitomo Rubber, formerly Dunlop Tire Corporation
- Senior Financial Analyst at Mark IV Industries
16 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance and Accounting
- Sr. Credit Risk Manager at BOA
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Master's - Computer science
Manage the risk of the A/R portfolio by assessing credit capacity for new and existing customer accounts, including financial statement analysis, customer interviews and trade group reports. Determine the need for account security and maintain security files. Communicate with the industry trade groups to ensure the exchange of accurate and timely information with follow up to the Credit Representatives. Ensure that the company is meeting legal requirements and obtaining appropriate information to mitigate risk. Maintain SAP Customer Master Data. Participant in SAP upgrade; testing and upload verification. Supervise the application of all incoming cash and account reconciliations. Document the processes for internal controls relative to the cash and account analysis cycles. Support auditors upon request.
- A/R-Credit Risk Manager at Bauer Hockey LLC
- Team Lead Credit Analyst at THE TIMBERLAND COMPANY
- Credit Analyst at THE TIMBERLAND COMPANY
- Accounting Assistant / Senior Accounting Assistant at THE TIMBERLAND COMPANY
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
- Associates - Business Science
• Financial Operations Risk Management
• Manage small team that moves $1.5M-$2M daily, white tracking payments of vendors with high risk score. Collaborate with multiple business units for resolution of ad-hoc payment discrepancies in timely manner
• Provide financial reports to all departments and member(s) of management team, prepare budgets and forecasts for Payments & Asset Quality Teams
• Report on actual financial results against targets, and analysis of variances to plan for forecasted trends
• Analyze payment programs' profitability and provide recommendations on program and operational enhancement and risk mitigations. Collaborated with Risk Analytics, Sales, and Accounting for business process improvements
• Spearheaded collaboration for payments automation with Salesforce Administrators to minimize spending and optimizing current tools
• Primary field of experience; consumer lending, internal operations, payments, and mortgages
• Expertise in Finance, Regulatory, Policy and Compliance, and some Information Technology
• Excellent written and oral communications
• Presentation of monthly results to E-Level Management and related/impacted Business Units
• Professional experience in evaluating controls associated with business processes in a complex operational, regulatory, compliance and global environment
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, team player, approachable, professionally mature, relationship management and consulting skills.
• Strong attention to detail and able to make clear, concise recommendations
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
• Underwriting Credit Risk: Prepare and report on Asset Quality functions and recommendations to Executive Management for Compliance and Process Improvements
• Delegated Underwriting Authority to review and approve complex income documentation and ability to pay guidelines
• Responsible for conducting full financial credit review and analyzing multi forms of credit information. Functions include: analyzing loan requests, borrower information/financial statements, collateral and tax returns to determine ability to pay by reviewing typical to complex income documents; conducting forecast analysis, preparing and reviewing credit reports; providing support to calling officers or account representatives and coordinating activity in support of credit approval process.
• Owned weekly audit reviews for Loan Program that affect internal and external stakeholders, and investors
• Provide Audit Opinion to Management in support of the business units regarding gaps that appear within the current Policy and Procedure or its Program.
• Conduct reviews and provide Audit Opinions for Risk Management, Audits, and Contractor Payment Programs for visibility to leadership for financial risks, optimization opportunities, and/or continuation/termination of programs
• Prepare final documentation of the audit review and reporting metrics for management review and documentation.
• Provide support to other Finance departments and functions such as, but not limited to: ◦ Accounting and GL Reconciliations during month end close process ◦ Risk Review and Compliance Adherence Reviews for Corporate and Regulatory Partners
- Financial Operations & Credit Risk Manager - Payments & Operational Risk Management at Renew Financial
- Compliance and Quality Assurance Supervisor at Wells Fargo Bank
- Manager, REO at Quality Assurance Interim
- Administrative Assistant at Wells Fargo Bank
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Hospitality Management