Duties include processing, credit investigation and credit analysis on centrally processed applications for the Country Home Loan, Express and Dealer Financial Services programs. Also responsible for loan origination, loan administration, loan servicing and underwriting phone support to branch partners. Provide customer service in a production oriented, time sensitive environment to both internal and external customers. Member of the Country Home Loan Marketing Team. Responsible for writing procedures for several County Home Loan products.
- Credit Underwriter at Northwest Farm Credit Services
- Country Home Loan Financial Specialist at Northwest Farm Credit Services
- Dealer Financial Services Financial Specialist at Northwest Farm Credit Services
- Home Loan Servicing Representative at Washington Trust Bank
13 years, 3 months at this Job
- B.A - Personnel Management
- - Business-Service Representative
• Reviews, evaluates, rates and analyzes loan applications requests
• Primary decision maker for consumer applications
•Primary residential mortgage underwriter
• Cites and documents concerns with respect to consumer and residential loan applications
• Evaluates term, collateral, structure, cash flow and feasibility
• Other duties as relates to credit and collections
• Prepare monthly reports to Bank Board of Directors
- Credit Underwriter at Bank of Akron
- Interpreter at Genevaworldwide, Inc
- Independent Consultant at All'asta/Silpada
- Assistant Vice President, Group Leader Commercial Collateral Control Unit at First Niagara Bank
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.A. - Business Administration
• Perform data evaluation on information retrieved from hard money loan applications
• Consult with Loan Officers following meetings with potential clients
• Investigate real estate properties in question and make assessment about investment ROI
• Research project costs for remodeling and renovating properties listed on loan applications
• Conduct risk assessments on potential clients based on previous borrowing history, credit rating, industry experience and other factors
• Request additional information from Loan Officers when appropriate
• Render application decisions based on consultations with supervisory underwriter and upper management
• Prepare reports detailing risk assessment findings and other data that contribute to lending decisions
- Credit Underwriter at New Jersey Mortgage Finance Agency
- Senior Credit Analyst - (Remote Wholesale and Retail Underwriter) at Plaza Home Mortgage
- Loan Concierge/Credit Analyst at McGraw Hill FCU
- Senior Credit Analyst III at Citi Mortgage
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Management - Management
- Bachelor's - Financial Services Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Business
• Responsible for analyzing credit reports, and reviewing the budgets of potential customers in order to create compliant low risk loans that benefit the customer and the institution; adding value by building and maintaining viable partnerships
• Identify gaps for best practices and develop action plans to implement improvements to the Policy and Procedure/ Product manuals and disseminate the changes through training for all employees affected
• 15+ years of experience assisting with the implementation of complex operational procedures including creation/delivery of classroom-style training and documentation
• Review, system input and triage of internal referrals of suspicious customer activity Qualifications
• Conduct team training for the Underwriting department to include projects and tasks with training on relevant project outcomes and responsible for training/shadowing of new team members
• Responsible for the compliance of the region to include vendor management, policy and procedure creation, work flow creation, editing and implementation along with the housing of information for audit of financials
• Responsible for making suggestions for best practices in policies and procedures in regard to creations, revisions, and removal
• Seasoned in process and procedure writing to include writing, testing and editing Veteran in Customer facing service and escalated problem resolution
• Skills in gathering, analyzing and interpreting information and making appropriate recommendations Member Solutions Advisor Manager (Collections and Remarketing Manager)
• Manage the performance of collection activities with a maximum of 1.01% delinquency rate, ensuring that a high level of member service is met while maintaining compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations relating to credit and collections.
• Lead research direction, objectives, budgets, and business plans for the Collections Department and convey ideas to Portfolio manager.
• Monitor and create department performance measurements that can be easily tracked and monitored for assessment and individual evaluation, while continuing to supervise, coach, train, evaluate, recognize and discipline employees including annual performance appraisals
• Create, maintain and manage third-party business partners who provide service to the collections department. Conduct annual review and evaluate the contracts and performance of these suppliers. Research relevant comparable companies to ensure best value for the Credit Union.
• Partner with internal and external attorneys and law firms for bankruptcies, repossessions, foreclosures, and interpretation.
• Periodical review of Collections Department policies and procedures and make recommendations to Portfolio Manager and General Manager.
• Attend continual personal training specific to the duties and responsibilities of the job. Complete all assigned or required internal training courses within the designated time frame. Training can be in the form of conferences, off-site seminars, webinars, online courses, or internal classes.
• Provide consistent, respectful, exceptional professional service toward members, employees, executive leadership, and other external partners.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the credit union strategic vision, values, products and services. Funding Manager
• Managed the MH Chattel loan process for new customers to ensure compliant contracts
• Accountable for building and maintaining an MH Chattel loan production team (processors, funders, data entry and titling) that produces chattel loan assets in compliance with all Federal requirements and regulations while meeting or exceeding set corporate funding goals
• Met annual MH production corporate goal in 2014 of $34M while facing a deficit of $2.1M dollars
• Increased MH loan generation by increasing production from $13M to $34M in one year (260% increase)
• Created and maintained relationships with MH third party retailers and brokers
• Supervised MH team staff of twelve to better serve business need and increase efficiency by cross- training employees over the course of one year to process and fund loans
• Reviewed and signed wires and checks to complete the funding process including account reconciliation and budget projections
• Experienced with the Dodd-Frank Act and MSRV for non-QM loans, expert in max advance for both used and new homes Branch Manager/Assistant Vice President/ Jr Loan Officer
• Accountable for branch operations to ensure increase in member volume and enhancement of customer service. Met customer service metric expectation 33 of 36 months based on customer surveys
• Jr Loan officer responsible for underwriting HELOC, Home Equity, vehicle, signature and credit cards
• Responsible for business development and recruiting new businesses
• Managed 2 remote locations and provided supervision for 36 employees
• Created multiple location budget projections for the fiscal year in funds exceeding $50M
• Developed multiple marketing initiatives increasing customer volume and retention
• Oversaw $5M construction project for new branch location
• Was responsible for employee recruitment, hiring, training, performance reviews, performance management
• Directed business development projects focused on building and maintaining business relationships
• Mediated escalated situations to produce a fair, acceptable, and positive outcome for the member and the institution
- Credit Underwriter at Credit Human Federal Credit Union
20 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Human Resource Management - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
Underwrite applications for merchant processing accounts through banks. Focus includes Wells Fargo, PNC, TD Bank portfolios. Credit and financial analysis, business longevity, industry research and trends.
- Credit Underwriter at First Data
- BUSINESS ANALYST at GRAY CASUALTY & SURETY
- JUNIOR UNDERWRITER, GRAY CASULTY & SURETY at Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Sailing Instructor at Souther Yacht Club
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - History
• Analyze and evaluate financial assets of a loan applicant to determine creditworthiness
• Prepare reports detailing risk assessment and other data that contribute to lending decisions
• Adhere to credit policy and guidelines
• Maintain discretion and utilize strict confidentiality of pertinent and sensitive information
- Credit Underwriter at Prosperity Bank
- Student Managed Investment Fund at
- Team Leader at Young Life
- at Young Life
8 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Finance - Finance
I assist clients with applications and existing accounts for credit cards. I review credit bureau's and relationships with creditors to determine the qualifications for products and extended credit. I work towards protecting my clients and my company by monitoring for fraudulant activity and potentially risky behavior.
- Credit Underwriter at Bank of America
- Preferred Customer Associate at Bank Of America
- Customer Service Representative at Aarons Sales and Lease
- Account Executive at ACCESS WORLD WIDE
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
• Underwriter for FHA mortgage loan modifications.
• Analyzed borrowers' income, credit data, financial statements, payment history, and property values to determine the feasibility of offering a loan modification.
• Determined available modification options based on FHA guidelines.
• Met Consumer Finance Protection Bureau federal deadlines during each phase of the underwriting process.
• Met annual compliance training requirements (AML, Fair Housing, Fraud, etc.)
- Credit Underwriter at FHA Loans
- Credit Underwriter at Risk and Private Portfolios
- Loan Modification Closer at Citi-Mortgage
- Real Estate Sales at Coldwell Banker Gundaker Corporate Center Sales Office
4 months at this Job
Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting consumer requests and products within company and industry guidelines. Functions include reviewing financial statements, credit reports, and applicable ratios, examining transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness; preparing formal reports for review; ensuring that documents are consistent and uphold to company and industry guidelines; implementing fraud detection techniques, performing compliance reviews; assisting with re- negotiations of loans based on lending guidelines; contacting partners to gather information to make appropriate decisions, explain rationale behind credit decision.
- Credit Underwriter II at JP Morgan Chase
- Credit Underwriter II at Wells Fargo
- Loss Mitigation Underwriter III at Bank of America
- Customer Service Specialist at Bank of America
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Criminal Justice Degree Vocational - Criminal Justice
• $3,000,000 Credit Lending Authority
• Daily duties include training new hire Underwriters and reviewing test case loans for lending authority
• Perform monthly random audits for seasoned Underwriters
• Answered scenario questions from Staff Underwriters
• Underwrote SFR, Jumbo, Portfolio, Condo, Multiple Family, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac using proprietary systems, DU and LP. Reviewed credit, income and assets documentation as well as appraisal reviews to issue loan decisions within established SLAs. Communicated with Loan Officers, Processors, along with internal and exterior customers on a daily basis. Reviewed conditions and worked with internal resources to issue exceptions as warranted.
• Submitted requests for additional information and/or documentation when suspicious and/or incomplete activity exits
- Senior Credit Underwriter at Radian Clayton Services
- Senior Underwriter at Chase (SVS)
- Senior Mortgage Underwriter & Team Lead at RMIC
- Regional Risk Manager at New Century Mortgage
1 month at this Job
- - Continuing Education