Behavior Analysis Unit 4 (BAU4) - Crimes Against Adults, Violent Criminal Apprehension Program (ViCAP)
Crime Analyst - October 2015-Present
• Provided comprehensive crime analysis directly to state and local law enforcement agencies on violent and unusual cases such serial homicides, sexual assaults, missing persons and unidentified human remains.
• Facilitated communication between law enforcement agencies by establishing and maintaining active and productive liaison relationships with sworn and non-sworn contacts across the U.S.
• Provide program management support for the ViCAP program and database.
• Conducted training to state and local investigators on the use of the ViCAP database, investigative resources, and high profile violent crimes.
- Crime Analyst at Federal Bureau of Investigation, Critical Incident Response Group
- Crime Analyst, Terrorism at CIRG, BAU
- Violent Crime Resource Specialist / Crime Analyst at CIRG, BAU - East
- Program Analyst at CID/ Intelligence Section/Intelligence Development Unit
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- BS - Intelligence
P/T Data Crime Analyst for the Crime Gun Investigation Unit. Created a database to keep track of all gun related crimes. Created a multi layered map using google map pro to help investigators analyze gun crime activities. Maintain the database base by daily exporting excel data into the database, send out notification emails to officers regarding results of evidence processed, analyze suspects who are showing signs of repeated crime activities. Data entry of gun reports into the database.
- Data Crime Analyst at San Francisco Police Department
- Crime Analyst Officer at San Francisco Police Department
- Excel Specialist at John Hancock Life Insurance Company
- Marketing Associate at Century 21 Finnegan
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Certification - Computer Operations
- - Certificate of Computer Operations
Currently serving as Zone 1 Crime Analyst, providing analysis and interpretation of all crime incident reports, and intelligence services to patrol and its management. I prepare Crime Strategy Reports and Bi-Weekly Statistical Analysis, Crime Pattern Alerts, Clery Reports, Informational Bulletins for Zone 1 Staff, often in coordination with Detectives and Lieutenants in Robbery and Burglary bureaus. I remain in daily communication with my fellow analysts and detectives from Gahanna, Whitehall, Westerville, Blendon Twp, Delaware County Sheriff, Franklin County Sheriff, Dublin, Hilliard, Worthington. Crimes Against Persons Bureau: Formatting, editing, proofreading, and fact checking of Homicide and Assault case Informational Summaries. Computer "guru" for the department. Special computer projects for CAP Criminal Intelligence Analyst, CAP Investigative Lieutenant, and Special Victims Commander. Narcotics Court Liaison Unit: Prepared felony packets for patrol narcotics cases. Designed a database to track annual case information that eliminated the use of four (4) different handwritten log books. Designed another database and then prepared the Commander's annual statistics report for all patrol narcotics case details. Entered information in ACISS, often coordinating information with the Narcotics Criminal Intel Analyst.
- Crime Analyst (promoted in 2015) at Columbus Police Department
- Writer/Editor/Proofreader/Webmaster/International Patient Coordinator/PR at Various Establishments
- Director/Educator at Temple Beth Shalom
- Editor/Educator/Computer Consultant at La Belle Pomme Cooking School/Betty Rosbottom
7 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.A. - English/Library Science
- M.A. - Adult Learning/Instructional Design Technology
Responsible for the daily monitoring of crime statistics within Shelby County area, this includes but not limited to mapping crimes in the county using ARC GIS software. This information is used each week to plan out how best to use the Patrol and other divisions to control crime. Other responsibilities are the monitoring of incoming crime reports and creating Excel reports to help look for trends to help point out crime hot spots.
- Crime Analyst at Shelby County
- Statistical Coordinator at ServiceMaster-Terminix
- Lab Operations Coordinator at Agilent Technologies
- Warehouse Assistant Supervisor, Shultz Bros at Bekins
11 years at this Job
- High School Diploma
● Analyzed crime and call-for-service data to determine developing patterns and trends in criminal activity, utilizing a variety of databases and software to collect, collate, and interpret data related to crime series, patterns, and individuals;
● Administrated two major law enforcement records databases (TLOxp and LiNX) and oversaw access of their law enforcement clientele;
● Presented information on crime patterns and trends at briefings and other department meetings;
● Responded to special, emergent, or one-time requests for crime analysis information related to specific investigations, policing strategies, and political actions;
● Prepared and distributed weekly and monthly reports and trend analyses to department command staff as appropriate;
● Composed documents and reports that analyzed, synthesized, and conveyed complex information accurately and professionally;
● Utilized Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to produce computer-generated maps illustrating criminal activity, call volumes, and dynamic areas of interest throughout the city of Charlottesville;
● Belonged to statewide and national crime analysis networks to stay abreast of the latest analysis and trend forecasting processes and technologies;
● Developed and maintained contacts with crime analysts in surrounding jurisdictions to share information;
● Conducted training courses on crime analysis and forecasting for citizen groups, university classes, and various law enforcement personnel;
● Acted as a resource for peers in utilizing information technology with advanced knowledge and technological resources to further department mission;
● Utilized applicable technical equipment to further department mission;
● Conducted complex research projects;
● Worked independently in the absence of specific instructions and direct oversight;
● Attended and successfully completed relevant professional training courses;
● Represented the department in meetings with other agencies;
● Maintained cooperative working relationships with public officials, departmental employees, the general public, and other law enforcement agencies;
● Performed related administrative, clerical, and record-keeping duties as assigned.
- Crime Analyst at City of Charlottesville
- at City of Charlottesville
- Field Training Officer at City of Charlottesville
- Forensic Unit Evidence Technician at City of Charlottesville
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree
•Analyzes data in accordance with the needs of the Chief of Crime Control Strategies, the Commanding Officer and his designees.
•Makes consistent and timely use of complaint and arrest reports, trend reports and prepares the precinct's Weekly Crime Overview Reports.
•Maintains current knowledge of crime and quality of life issues within the precinct as well as neighboring precincts and patrol borough(s).
•Prepares the weekly precinct CompStat book which comprises of Statistical and Tactical Analysis and mapping of crime locations.
•Identifies known offenders and recidivists; crime hot spots as well as crime patterns at the local, borough and citywide levels.
•Reviews complaint reports and assists with the identification of data quality issues.
- Crime Analyst at New York Police Department
- Senior Data Management Officer/Victims Advocate at Office of the Director of Public Prosecution
- Field Officer/Teacher - Roseau North at Government of Dominica - Adult Education Division
- Process Intern at Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP)
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - US Criminal Justice
- Associate's - Psychology & Spanish
• Perform a variety of research and analytical tasks
• Collect, compile, validate, interpret and analyze data and trends using standard practices and techniques of crime and/or law enforcement intelligence analysis.
• May perform statistical, spatial, and/or qualitative analyses as needed, making use of standard software packages.
• Work on assignments that are moderately complex under direct or indirect supervision, where there is latitude for independent action and decision-making.
• Prepare and deliver reports and presentations of analytic results.
- Crime Analyst at John F Finn Institute for Public Safety
- Communication Specialist at Syracuse University Department of Public Safety
- Take orders on the phone and in person at Wegmans
- Senior Campus Captain / Buyer at Wegmans
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. in Criminal Justice and Criminology - Criminal Justice
• Mapping crimes in Richmond and surrounding areas
• Tracking crime trends
• Collecting and analyzing crime data as it relates to different city organziations
• Responding to FOIA and Clery Requests
- Crime Analyst at Virginia Commonwealth University
- at Senator Ryan McDougle's Office & McDougle Law P.C
- Graduate Teaching Assistant at Virginia Commonwealth University
- Claims Service Representative at Government Employees Insurance Company
7 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and Sociology - Criminal Justice and Sociology
Responsible for providing information to local and state law enforcement for decision-making purposes. Present analysis and statistics internally and externally. Participate and provide information to police committees. Perform a variety of strategic, tactical, and administrative duties relating to the systematic process of collecting, categorizing, analyzing, and disseminating timely, accurate, and useful information that describes crime patterns, crime trends, and potential suspects. Coordinate the information flow and work efforts among crime analysts and investigators with agencies throughout the region. Provide information to police, City administration, and Council for decision-making purposes; present analysis/statistics in various internal and external forums; provide information to police and City committees. Develop statistical data resources to assist in proactive and targeted investigations, preventative enforcement, identification of theft patterns, trends and criminal organizations, and identification of known offenders. Use computer databases, electronic spreadsheets, desktop publishing, word processing, and ArcGIS to manipulate, analyze, and present data. Study current literature on research methodology and police issues, and make appropriate recommendations for improvements in crime analysis practices. Aid in guiding the department on how crime analysis products should be used to combat crime. Respond to ad hoc requests from the Chief of Police and Deputy Chiefs for meetings and briefings. Interact and communicate with Police personnel, other City employees, and the community on crime analysis/research issues; and respond to requests for various information and statistical reports. Integrate information from crime analysts and police personnel to present weekly to Command Staff. Conduct briefings and presentations of analytical findings and conclusions. Prepare a variety of reports such as crime information and patrol bulletins, monthly and quarterly activity summaries, department annual reports and specific statistical/research reports as needed. Research and analyze complex law enforcement data; identify and interpret criminal activity, patterns, and trends; and forecast trends to aid in staffing and deployment of police personnel. Create written and oral presentations, using maps, charts, and graphs, informing police officers and commanders of emerging or existing crime series or patterns and provide suspect and victim profiles. Prepare a variety of mapping (GIS) products, including those that are the product of geo-spatial analysis. Respond to ad-hoc requests for data and reports from all levels and units of the department. Collect and organize criminal information from available resources, including the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) system, the National Incident-Based System (NIBRS), field interview reports, intelligence sources, other agencies, media, crime bulletins, review of crime reports and supplements, informational surveys, and retrieval of crime information to study and analyze past and existing crime series, patterns & trends. Identify citywide spatial and temporal crime patterns and trends. Develop rapport with outside agencies to include law enforcement and legal personnel to make arrangements for case information and act as a departmental liaison on criminal intelligence matters. Provide accurate, timely and relevant analysis of crime patterns and trends that aid in the efficient deployment of department resources and increases apprehensions and the clearance of criminal cases. Review a variety of information, including crime reports and associated databases, for the purpose of finding patterns in criminal activity. Relate those patterns to crimes that are concurrently being investigated and deliver information to those who need it. Retrieve and analyze various crime, incident, call for service, arrest and other data generated throughout the department. Use a variety of computer software applications to retrieve and analyze data, e.g., spreadsheets, mapping and statistical software. Create a variety of files to identify and cross-reference stolen property, arrests by type and suspected offenders. Collect, analyze and interpret criminal intelligence data using modern crime analysis techniques. Present to department for purpose of highlighting trends and forecasting hotspot locations for criminal activity. Monitor local, regional, and national crime trends. Gather reports, criminal history and records on sex offenders living in the jurisdiction and maintain sex offender website; coordinate monitoring program of sex offenders, cross-referencing with crimes in area. Research, compile, analyze and interpret statistical data from department and outside agency reports as well as threat referrals to make appropriate and timely notifications. Emergency management preparedness, to include working events that could result in potential threats, vice president visits, weather related emergencies, school threats and other citywide functions. Monitor and research city camera footage to identify subjects in areas of reported crimes, as well as assisting with undercover drug buys tracking all parties involved.
- Crime Analyst at Charleston Police Department
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts - Public Administration
• Support Jonesboro Police Department by producing and analyzing crime statistics
• Responsible for maintaining field contact and crime reporting database
• Handle intake and fulfillment of data requests from public and produce specialty reports from police department
• Analyze daily crime reports for patterns and provide reports which help determine utilization of police resources
• Responsible for producing weekly, monthly and annual crime reports
• Produces monthly traffic reports
• Searches multiple social media platforms to assist detectives in investigating and intelligence gathering
• Help plan and execute annual holiday party for police department families
• Trained other staff in operations of Division of Crime Analysis
- Assistant Crime Analyst at Jonesboro Police Department
- Bridal Consultant at David's Bridal
- Crime Analyst Intern at Jonesboro Police Department
- Sales Associate at Victoria's Secret
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Masters of Criminology - Criminology
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science/Sociology
- Masters of Public Administration - Public Administration