I was honored a position with the Douglas County Sheriff's Office Forensic Services Division as a Crime Scene Investigator. I am currently employed and under the direct supervision of the CSI Field Supervisor (or their designee). I identify, develop, document, collect, and preserve physical evidence from crime scenes and motor vehicle accidents at an advanced level and assures that procedures are performed in accordance with departmental and division standards so as to be admissible in court.
- Crime Scene Investigator II at Douglas County Sheriff's Office Forensic Services Division
- at High School Water Polo Couch
- Graduate Assistant at In my second year of Graduate School
- Swim Lesson Instructor at
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - Advanced Investigation - Forensic Science
- Bachelor's - Anthropology
• Responded to approximately 40 homicides and over 100 violent crimes.
• Collected, packaged, and preserved evidence to ensure the integrity of the evidence chain.
• Documented crime scenes by the use of notes, photographs, sketches, measurements, and computer generated diagrams.
• Utilized photography and video equipment to document crime scenes.
• Searched for and lifted latent fingerprints using black powder, magnetic powder, Cyanoacrylate fuming, Ninhydrin, and other chemical methods.
• Completed hand drawn sketches and measurements of the crime scene with evidence.
• Completed complex computer aided diagrams of the crime scene using Crime Zone Software.
• Provided training for law enforcement personnel and police recruits on crime scene procedures.
• Documented findings through crime scene reports, adhering to established procedures legally sufficient for court or other formal proceedings.
• Collected major case prints, saliva, and hair from suspects identified in a major felony case.
- Crime Scene Investigator at DeKalb County Police Department
- Network Operations Supervisor at US Army
- Organization Operations Supervisor at US Army
- Drill Sergeant at US Army
10 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
Advanced level field investigator for all major cases including homicides, drug arrest, bank robbery and fraud. Process scene using still cameras, aerial photography and video and sketching scenes inside and outside.
Specialist in footprint, tire and tool impression. Interview and interrogate both witnesses and defendants.
• Use specialized computer software packages for evidence processing, automatic fingerprint identification and maintaining records and databases.
• Collaborate with District Attorney Office and confer with detectives in Homicide Units in preparation of graphs and displays needed to testify as Expert Witness.
- Crime Scene Investigator at
- at Germantown Friends School
- Driver at Security Detail
- Owner/Partner, General Manager at Trauma Scene Restoration, Inc
22 years at this Job
• Accurate collection and processing evidence of evidentiary value as requested by Charlotte Mecklenburg police department.
• When on a scene I utilize organizational skills, problem solving and attention to detail to identify probable evidence for latent print processing, DNA analysis, blood spatter analysis and utilize forensic photography to efficiently and accurately depict the original state of a scene.
• Firearm handling, clearing and collection
• Compose detailed and accurate technically sound reports and notes of the scene and collected evidence
• Effectively building a working, interpersonal and safe relationship with the community
• Maintain the integrity of evidence, a clean work environment, and data organization/ a chain of custody
• Reagent preparation
- Crime Scene Investigator at Charlotte- Mecklenburg Police Department
- at Forensic Serologist
- Toxicology Lab Technician at Laboratory Corporation of America
- Biology 101 Graduate teacher assistant at North Carolina Agriculture Technical State University
3 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Biology - Biology
• Processed complex crime scenes and vehicles, including the identification, documentation, collection, preservation, and submission of evidence.
• Generated detailed offense reports using Porter Lee LIMS and JusticeTrax systems.
• Photographed and videotaped major crime scenes including comparative quality photographs of tire tracks, shoe impressions, and bloody fingerprints.
• Produced detailed crime scene diagrams using ScenePD.
• Performed administrative reviews on colleague's casework and collaborated with supervisors to improve standard report writing format for more clear and consistent reports.
• Developed and implemented a training course for identification and submission of counterfeit currency.
• Created training guides for handling arson evidence, counterfeit currency, and RMS system errors.
• Initiated crime scene unit vehicle maintenance log and calendar. Coordinated maintenance and repairs with City of Houston Fleet Maintenance and outside repair facilities.
• Developed good working relations with Houston Police Department Investigators, City of Houston Fleet Maintenance, Towing, Transportation and Texas Distributors Industries Maintenance
• In-house training includes: Harris County Institute of Forensic Science Medical Examiner Trace Evidence Collection Techniques, Blue Star and Leuco-Crystal Violet training and proficiency test, Alternate Light Source training and proficiency test
- Crime Scene Investigator at Houston Forensic Science Center
- Service Advisor at Gillman Acura
- Cake Decorator at Dunkin Donuts
- Customer Service Associate at AutoZone
2 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Forensic Science
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
Prepared demonstrative aides to be used at evidentiary hearings and trials. Recreated crime scenes to establish relationships between pieces of evidence. Conducted reconstruction, blood spatter, ballistics and trajectory analysis to support crime scene investigations. Identified and collected latent fingerprints, tire impressions, tool marks and other biological and physical evidence for investigation. Prevented evidence contamination by maintaining proper chain of custody and utilizing proper packaging techniques. Checked all baggage using X-ray machines, metal detectors and Garrett wands. Collected and organized all surveillance data and information to protect client possessions and workspaces.
- Crime Scene Investigator at City of Bartow
- at City of Bartow
- Police Officer at City of Bartow
- Front Desk Receptionist at Howard Johnson Inn
8 years, 10 months at this Job
- - Criminal Justice
* Process a variety of crime scenes * Process evidence items for latent fingerprints and biological fluids * Maintain quality assurance of the laboratory * Communicate with police officers and emergency personnel * Participate in trainings and proficiency tests
- Crime Scene Investigator II at Anne Arundel Police Department
- Shift Supervisor at University of Baltimore (Spring Semester
- Adjunct Serology Professor at University of Baltimore (Spring Semester
- at Mission BBQ Catering
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree in Forensic Science - Forensic Science
Used scientific equipment to collect and analyze evidence to support investigations. Evaluated and marked crime scene areas and collected physical and biological evidence for processing. Handled pieces of evidence in processing labs to examine, identify and accurately classify items. Worked with law enforcement to secure crime scenes and prevent evidence contamination. Testified in court and presented case evidence to assist with trials and hearings. Checked crime scene records, including films, evidence bags and boxes, to verify evidence and file items in appropriate locations and in accordance with established procedures. Tested surfaces to identify and collect fingerprints and other trace evidence using casting and dusting kits.
- Crime Scene Investigator at St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department
- Police Officer at St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department
- Customer Service Associate at Lowes
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
- Associate of Arts - General Studies
- High School Diploma
Process crime scenes
Process crime scenes
- Crime Scene Investigator at Berkeley County Government
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate - Criminal Justice
Job Type: 40 hours per week, Full-Time
Supervisor: Major Kyle Helgerson, 678-782-6301
• Investigate and evaluate the crime scene and determines the scope of the scene including surveying the area and formulating a plan for processing.
• Testify in court regarding observations made and evidence obtained at crime scene and articulate evidence in layman terms regarding the significance of the evidence as it relates to the scientific process.
• Conducts trace evidence examination when applicable and the type of collection method to use; performs chemical field test to determine if trace or substance tests positive for blood and/o body fluids; determine which process to use that would not hinder DNA testing.
- Crime Scene Investigator at City of McDonough
- Crime Scene Investigator at City of Atlanta
- Corrections Officer at City of Atlanta
- Fraud Investigator at Total System Services
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Criminal Human Behavior
- Bachelor of Science - Chemistry