The Curriculum Specialist’s serves as an administrative assistant to the director whose primary responsibility is to assist the teachers in providing a nurturing and high quality classroom experience. The Curriculum Specialist observes teachers, gives feedback, models and guides teachers in classroom practices, assists with lesson plan development, and works with the Assistant Director and Director to provide a high quality environment for young children.
- Curriculum Specialist at MIDDLE CREEK CREATIVE SCHOOL
- Night Manager/Auditor/ Housekeeping Inspector at Hampton by Hilton
- Nanny (Full-time) at Self Employed
- Early Head Start Teacher at Bryson Christian Montessori
1 month at this Job
- Master's of Science - Curriculum and Instruction with a Concentration in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Science - University Studies - Family advocacy
Bldg. 70 A 3503 Story Street
El Paso, TX 79906 United States 11/2018 - Present
Hours per week: 20
Training and Curriculum Specialist
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
As a training and Curriculum specialist/ TAC the duties and responsibilities were:
• Develop and implement children development program and activities to include lesson plans, environments, equipment, schedules/ program/ structure, and positive interactions between providers and children.
• Conduct observations in family child care, FCC, homes on providers interaction with children, activities conducted in the program, and provider implementation of learning.
• Provided support to the providers by conducting in class trainings that helped providers provide a positive learning environment for all children in their program.
• Kept provider and management training files up to date and current to include current individual development plans, IDPs, current CYMS report, and training certificates.
• Scheduled provider and management classroom trainings in a timely manner to keep all staff up to date on trainings.
• Conducted environment rating scales, FCCERS, in FCC provider homes.
• Provider providers with support in their programs through research and additional training, training resources, and child observations in all age groups from infancy to school age children.
• Held individual trainings to help providers with teaching strategies lesson plans, creative curriculum implementation, quarterly evaluations, and additional help that providers may need assistance with.
• Taught providers and staff how to create effective lesson plans that will benefit their programs.
• Assisted providers and staff on the Child Development Associate, CDA, application process, and obtaining a CDA.
• Supported providers with a CDA in the process of getting National Association for Family Child Care, NAFCC, certified.
• Gave providers Virtual Lab School, VLS, modules during the foundation level IDPs on time; for providers to complete, and the coordinating observation was conducted. Supervisor: Meloney Cairns ((915)568-4198) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes Replica child development center 5036 Sheridan Road Fort Bliss, TX 79906 United States 03/2017 - 10/2018 Salary: 15.35 USD Bi-weekly Hours per week: 40 CYPA Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: As a CYPA/ Room Representative duties involved:
• Created and maintained an effective classroom management system helping students become successful in the classroom
• Learned to create individualized child learning plans to meet children's needs, interest, and help children meet developmental objectives
• Coordinated on-going assessments using Environmental Rating scales to include ECCERS and ITTERS to create a safe, clean and positive learning environment
• Conducted training to new staff in the classroom on policies and procedures, classroom management system, planning and training times, behavior plans, and parent communication
• Wrote developmental observation on individual children that are used to create individual child plans to help assist children in developmental milestones
• Used teaching Strategy Gold Program to create lesson plans, Individual child plans, observation, newsletters, end of quarter check points, assessments and parent conference forms.
• Held Parent Teacher conferences to discuss behavior plans and development with in the classroom.
• Stayed up to date on all trainings in and outside the classroom.
• Worked together with co-workers and other classrooms to benefit the children in our care.
• Researched and implemented new strategies in the classroom and trained staff on these new strategies.
• Uses and understands Teaching Strategies Creative Curriculum to create lesson plans during the school year
• Worked closely with director, assistant director, and trainer to plan and create the center wide event calendar.
• Created the center wide newsletters that are used in the sections to communicate with families.
• Planned and executed events in the preschool section of the child development center.
• Used, explore, and understand the Virtual Lab School, VLS, in preschool, toddler and infants.
• Collaborated with mentor, director, and assistant director with staff scheduling for the section. Supervisor: Dalia Poole (915-569-7196) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- Training and Curriculum Specialist at Family Child Care
- Lead CYPA at Rose barracks Child Development Center
- Store Manager at Vilseck Thrift Store
- at Torii Chapel
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Elementary Education
Program Manager – Health Profession Opportunity Grant/Office of Family Assistance · Spearhead eight live training seminars and 15 virtual webinars, educating 250+ grantees. · Develop project plan and track progress to ensure project milestone are completed on time and under budged with the desired results. · Created new social media campaign that facilitated communication by sharing best practices and lessons learned among 32 grantee organizations. · Direct recruitment of subject matter experts/presenters while coordinating outreach for training and education opportunities. Senior Curriculum Specialist – Compliance Training Education and Outreach/CMS · Support effective communications with healthcare stakeholders including subject matter experts, course leads, panelists, and facilitators resulting in effective curriculum design and content. · Provide curriculum development support for over 250 speakers and events by articulating the presentation process, proofreading, content review, and offer recommendation of applicable technology that is based on content and audience. · Successfully plan and moderate more than 42 major conferences facilitating logistics, speakers, vendor coordination, etc. Project Manager Internal Training · Lead the design, planning and implementation of projects from inception to completion, on time and within budget. · Define project scope, goals, deliverables, timeline, staffing and budget. · Coordinate internal resources across departments. · Design and deliver functional eLearning training solutions in conjunction with the Instructional Systems Designer. · Utilize the continuous improvement model to cut on-boarding time in half, from six to three months, and increase employee retention from 60% to 90%.
- Program Manager/Curriculum Specialist at PROVIDER RESOURCES INC
- Project Coordinator at PROVIDER RESOURCES INC
- Teacher at IROQUOIS AND HARBOR CREEK SCHOOL DISTRICT
- Sales and Marketing Coordinator at BETTER BAKED FOODS
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Behrend
- Bachelor of Arts - Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science - Marketing & Management
Editor of marketing and training materials, video scripts, research studies, software content and user's guides, supplemental materials, and teacher's manuals ∗ Writer of curriculum, press releases, blog posts, and SEO webpage content ∗ Curriculum specialist for adult education, adult literacy, and ESL/ELL/EFL ∗ Certified trainer of explicit phonics program
- Senior Editor and Curriculum Specialist at Reading Horizons
- Technical Editor/Multilingual Proofreader at Weber-Stephen Products LLC
- Promotions Manager at Hampton-Brown
- Bookkeeper and Editor at FMMCO
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- BA - French
At Marketplace Creative School, I was initially hired as the lead teacher in the 2/3's classroom. I was responsible for utilizing the Creative Curriculum, developmentally appropriate practices, and Conscious Discipline to ensure the safety and educational and social enrichment of early preschoolers. I was later promoted, and became the curriculum specialist at MPCS. As the curriculum specialist I provided mentoring, coaching and support in the areas of lesson planning, curriculum, classroom management and positive behavior support. I continuously worked with the primary assistant director and our school’s director to lead the school in offering quality care to young children.
• Utilize excellent communication skills
• Productively use ProCare Software to process payments, track staff and student attendance, and more
• Maintained a positive attitude & passion for making a difference in the lives of children
• Display an understanding of ITERS/ECERS/SACERS, NAEYC, Conscious Discipline and the Creative Curriculum
• The ability to assist teachers with conducting Brigance Assessments
- Curriculum Specialist at Marketplace Creative School
- Lead Teacher at Arether's Little M&M's Childcare
- On-Call/ Part-Time Nanny at Nanny
- Head Teacher at Preschool of America
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- AS - Early Childhood Education
- BA - English Education
- Master's - Early Childhood Leadership and Program Administration
Began as an Early Childhood Educator then promoted to a Family Support Specialist. The current postion now serves as an operations manager ensuring personnel training initiatives are in line with Teaching Strategies Gold and the Creative Curriculum implementation provided by staff exceeds guideline standards. Provides staff instruction, reflective mentoring classroom observation, budget management, referral assessment and opportunities for parental/family engagement and program governance. Serves as a project manager ensuring completion of developmental screenings and use of collaborative efforts geared towards Center-Based Support Staff.
- Curriculum Specialist at SHELTERING ARMS
- Early Childhood Education/Development Specialist at The Frazer Center
- Program Site Director at City of Decatur: Children & Youth Services
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Child and Family Development
• Provide daily mentorship and coaching of direct care staff, providing evidence-based practices in child development, as well as coping skills in challenging, or stressful situations
• Experienced compiling and delivering annual Naval Base Installation Command Training for direct care staff including: Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR), Security Briefs, Emergency Readiness, Human Trafficking, and others
• Conduct regular assessments of child/caregiver interactions and classroom environments, supporting the inclusion of all children and the satisfaction of inspection requirements
• Collaborate with Training and Curriculum Specialist to identify areas of staff development in interpersonal communication, child interactions and customer service practices
• Assist staff in completion of Virtual Laboratory School Training Module Program, assessing staff competency in best practice in Infant and Toddler development
• Work closely, across all levels of management, to participate in Naval Base-wide activities including the CNIC Annual Inspection and NAEYC Accreditation process
• Assist in the onboarding of new staff members by providing required safety trainings, standard operating procedures and child guidance training
• Ensure direct care staff apply best practices in customer service interacting with parents and families daily
• Provide assistance in the classroom in the absence of a direct care staff member, following appropriate classroom guidelines for children in care
- Assistant Training and Curriculum Specialist at Naval Base Ventura County Child Development Center
- First Grade Teacher at St. Mary Magdalen Catholic School
- Completing Master's Degree Program at Various Teaching Positions
- Education Programs Administration Assistant at The Grand Rapids Art Museum
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resources Management
- Master's - Education and Teaching Certification
- Bachelor's - Communication Arts
Worked with a team of writers to develop online learning units for middle school STEM and Algebra I using a hands-on approach with proprietary products. Used Storyline software to interact with LMS and worked with video specialists to record story media from written curriculum.
- Curriculum Specialist at Pitsco Education
- STEM Instructional Designer at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools
- Classroom Teacher/ Coach at Hawkins Middle School
- Math Club sponsor at Portland High School
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Education - Educational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Teaching - Curriculum and Instruction
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
Serve as instructor who is responsible for managing assigned class sections in the learning environment and providing instruction to students in classes in both group and individual formats; interact in synchronously and asynchronously with the students through a variety of methods, including online lectures, discussion groups, tutorials, e-mails, and phone calls, as well as through occasional field trips and face-to-face meetings or events; overall coordination of the planning, designing, and development of course content and assessments for a specific subject area(s); Serve as Curriculum Specialist who is responsible for curriculum innovation, design, and research, and for ensuring the development and maintenance of the highest quality courses for MPB and its clients and partners; Assist deputy of educational services and e-team in reviewing externally produced content and resources and work with vendors to produce MPB content.
- e-Learning Instructor and Curriculum Specialist at Mississippi Learning Institute
- Executive Director at Mississippi Learning Institute
- Bureau Director & Program Evaluator at Mississippi Dept. of Education
- Division Director at Mississippi Dept. of Education
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Leadership
I taught Science, Religion and Math to grades 1-3, then I became a full time pre school specialist teacher attending MAESA conferences and redeveloping the pre school curriculum to facilitate skill enhancement and early reading capabilities. I am also a professional copy editor from the Dictionary of Literary Biography (DLB). I have also been a teacher at the college level at the Univ. of Ma. Amherst and at the Univ. of Ga. Athens.
- Teacher/curriculum specialist at St. Andrews Episcopal School, Potomac, Md
8 years at this Job
- Master's - Org. Dev. in Education