Responsibilities I worked at John A Steer Co. as a US Customs broker Clearing entries through customs, sending out payment and original documents to the Steamship lines, piers etc. I was the manager of 10 accounts and also dealt with the domestic wine moves. All within word documents and Excel. Typing around 100 words per minute. Ordering work supplies through DW Mason co. Customer service is number one. Accomplishments I started there as a freight forwarder and worked my way up to a broker and domestic wine manager. Skills Used calling to schedule appointments and confirming billing and collecting old invoices filing, using word and excel
- Customs Broker at John A Steer Co
- Customs Broker at John a steer co.
7 years, 10 months at this Job
- No Degree - Liberal Arts
Consulting oil and gas industry clients to enact best practices for importing drilling equipment into the United States. In October 2015, led efforts to make Central Dispatch Inc (CDI) a Remote Location Filing station, elevating CDI from a local customs broker with permits in two major ports, into a national broker able to file entries across the United States. In June 2016, I created an importer self-assessment program for monitoring and auditing customs entries, which made it easier for our customers to audit entries done on their behalf. Created and implemented audit program at Central Dispatch for monitoring customs entry submissions to ensure compliance with US Customs regulations. I was responsible for submitting consumption and in-transit entries on behalf of my customers. Worked with US Customs, on our customer's behalf, in resolving any regulatory or compliance issues regarding the importation of materials into the United States.
- Licensed Customs Broker at Central Dispatch Inc
- Energy Team Lead at Ceva Logistics
- Import Specialist at Ceva Logistics
- Granted Customs Broker License, October at University of Alabama
6 years, 2 months at this Job
Customs Broker, Entry writer responsible for classification, compliance, document processing, entry writing, traffic and payables, receivables, purchase order and account monitoring, auditing, reconciliation, customer service and limited sales support.
- Customs Broker-Import Specialist at PANALPINA
- Licence Holder Station Customs Broker at UTI WORLDWIDE LOGISTICS
- Customs Broker-Import Specialist at World Customs Brokers
- IMPORT-EXPORT Customs Broker/Entrywriter Breakbulk Specialist at Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate - Intermediate Managerial Financial Accounting
- Master's - International MBA Finance and Marketing
- Master's Internship - Supply Chain and International Trade
- B.A. - ECONOMICS/ENGLISH SEWANEE
• As a customs broker, I was responsible for accurate data entry, ensuring all customs regulations are met.
• I was responsible for working numerous emails from customers, which at times required multitasking between accounts. Sending the correct forms when needed.
• Follow all FDA/CBP policies and producers, use correct tariffs to obtain the correct pricing for importing.
- Customs Broker at UPS
- Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor at Workout Anytime
- Warehouse Supervisor/Forklift Operator at Help, Inc
- CPA/AED at Carolina Covertech
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Customs clearance of goods - preparation of customs documents (import-export, transit, accommodation in the customs warehouse and supervision
- Customs Broker at DB Schenker
- Warhouse administrator at Elopak
- Customs clearance at Plebel
- Customs clearance at Transped
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Some high school - Machine Energy Technician
- High school or equivalent - Energetic
Shiraz, Iran Design and Manufacturing of Air Cooled Heat Exchangers, Falre tips and Oil & Gas Equipment for Power Plant and Oil and Gas industry International Trade Manager and Customs Broker Reporting to General Manager
- International Trade Manager and Customs Broker at Poolad Varzan Kimia Co
- Manager of International Trade Administration and Customs broker at Emranian Trading Co
- Overseas Purchasing Manager at Ipekyuz Co
- Overseas Purchasing Manager at PETROTECH
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Hardware
I was responsible to help assist the Customs Brokerage Department with daily operations. Task included but not limited to handling large volume of Entries for inbound cargo for assigned clients, print out the daily ACH Statement and review for an errors or problems, coordination with terminals, freight forwarders and truckers to help ensure timely delivery of cargo, timely and accurate billing to all parties involved in the import process. As per my previous employment, I was able to transfer over my large volume client and continue to help assist in the daily operations of their import program.
- Customs Broker at PMK INTERNATIONAL
- Customs Broker at VANTAGE POINT SERVICES
- ENTRY WRITER at TOTAL LOGISTICS RESOU
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate - UNDERGRADUATE
Director of import operations & corporate license holder for U.S Customs & Border Protection & it’s requirement for the U.S. Customs Broker. Responsibilities included U.S. Customs compliance procedures for our company and our import clients, maintaining SOP’s for clients and our import staff, HR duties, client relations, problem resolution.
- Executive VIce President & Licensed US Customs Broker at CHARLES KENDALL INC
- Partner/Owner at EWC Global Logistics
- Paralegal Intern at
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - English Literature
- Paralegal Certificate - Legal Studies
• Ensure that all assigned Customs entry documents and related filings are processed accurately and in a timely manner; in accordance with all regulatory and company requirements.
• Making US Customs entries, locate customers information in order to process entry for FDA Team and/or U.S Customs
• Reviewing freight rates with carriers and determining the most efficient and cost-effective method of moving freight
• Arranging bookings; coordinating freight movement with customers, carriers, agents, and third parties; from port to destination; including pick up, storage, and delivery.
• Preparing and processing documentation according to established procedures and regulations
• Master file preparation, Break-bulk Document; Transfer to Broker
• Tracking, Tracing Shipment; ensure customers' shipments move from origin to destination efficiently and in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Customs Broker / Entry Writer at DHL Express
- Front Desk/Admin. Assistant at Beach Cities Health District
- Administrative Assistant at South Bay Plastic Surgeons
- Communications Operator at Providence Little Company Of Mary
10 months at this Job
- Associate - Business
• Regulatory Compliance
• Customer Service Relations
• Customs Clearance Entries (ACE environment)
• Nationwide Remote Entry Clearance
• Filing of FTZ Paperwork / CF214/CF216 /Annual Report
• Transportation entries (CF7512) (QP environment)
• Coordination of Deliveries
• P/L Analysis / Billing
• Vendor Relations/Pricing
• Project management
• Clearance of Perishable Shipments
- Licensed Customs Broker at Customs Consulting
- Regional Manager at Mallory Alexander Int'l Logistics
- Imports Manager at Interport Logistics, LLC
- Imports Manager at Schenker Inc
2 years at this Job