Cyber Security Analyst * Provided advice and guidance on protecting integrity and confidentiality of data * Developed authentication plans to safeguard computer files * Installed encryption software for transfer of client PII info * Identified and troubleshot errors and security performance issues * Monitored office use of safe PII practices when processing client info * Trained office end users on information security awareness
- Cyber Security Analyst at Tax Express
- Business Owner/Licensed Real Estate Agent at
- Assistant Instructor at Tax Express
- Housing Consultant Real Estate School of MD at
7 years, 4 months at this Job
- Masters in of Science - Cyber Security Technology
- Bachelor of Science - Therapeutic Recreation Management
Perform the below listed tasks.
• I serve as a Cyber Security Analyst (Contractor) at the Department of Veterans Affairs. In this role, conduct digital forensics investigations on cyber security-related incidents. Investigate network intrusions and other cyber security breaches to determine the cause and extent of the breach. Conduct forensic evidence collection remotely and on site using Encase as the primary tool for acquisition. Maintain chain of custody for all digital evidence in accordance with NIST standards. Collect malware artifacts safely for analysis and incident investigations. Examine suspicious emails for malicious content and recommend remediation action.
• Advanced knowledge of malware analysis. Perform static, dynamic, and memory analysis on the artifact (in a sandbox environment VMs) to determine the goal of the malware. Submit the artifact to the customers' Anti-Virus (AV) vendor to create Extra DAT signature in case the AV vendor does not have a signature to detect the malware. Based on the findings recommend remediation, monitoring, and preventative measures (submit malicious URLs, IPs to customers Web content filtering provider PaloAlto if it is not already categorized as such and or recommend that these be blocked at the customers perimeter using appropriate technology to improve the End customers security posture.
• Use OSINT and perform dynamic analysis on URLs to identify and report any malicious indicators associated with the resource and evaluate the associated risk(s), if any, of permitting host access to the specific and/ or requested internet hosted resource.
• Experience in various security technologies, tools both proprietary and open source such as Guidance/OpenText Software's Encase, Axiom, Volatility, SANS SIFT Workstation, SANS Windows REM Workstation, REMnux, McAfee ePO, IBM BigFix, Splunk run queries (to correlate data and or Threat hunting), Wireshark to analyze packet captures, Process Hacker, Event Log Explorer to conduct log analysis of windows event logs, disassembler tools such as OllyDebug, configuring hardware firewalls such as WatchGuard, SonicWall, familiarity with computer system hardware and software installation and troubleshooting. Research online Security blogs to get a feel of the threat landscape.
• Conduct log analysis across a diverse ecosystem of technology to determine root cause of incidents.
• Build strong relationships with different teams and stake holders within the organization.
• Research and keep up-to-date on threat actors and new TTPs.
- Cyber Security Analyst at AbleVets
- Cyber Security Analyst at MBL Technologies
- Security Analyst at Adams Communication & Engineering Technology, Inc
- Telecommunications, Network Security and Server Administrator at Hitec Group International
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering - Engineering
Global Networks Inc. Cyber Security Analyst
Washington, D.C. 2018 - Present
• POA&M Lifecycle Support o Providing support and guidance to our customers on the NIST Risk Management Framework & System Assessment and Authorization processes, vulnerability management, and annual contingency plan testing o Deliver support and guidance of FISMA C&A, including monitoring of the C&A artifact's compliance o Working Knowledge of NIST SP 800-37, SP 800-39, SP 800-60, SP 800-53, SP 800-63, SP 800- 18, SP 800-34, SP 800-53A during documentation review and update o Engage in system ATO assessments, to include interviews, artifact/implementation review, and security documentation/policy review, on all implemented security controls designated for the system's categorization o Compile data to complete Residual Risk Report and to insert contents into the POA&M o Performed Contingency Plan Test and Training to ensure systems' recoverability as defined in IT systems security requirements o Review vulnerabilities, scan results - Nessus, Qualys, WebInspect - audit, logs, and a variety of artifacts pertaining to different platforms to determine missing patches and/or application related issues o Work in a project team interacting with other security professional, users, and organizational stakeholders in identifying requirements, specifications and project management/planning activities o Guide customers through assessing the effectiveness of implemented controls, documenting control failures as well as recommendations, and POA&M's. o Productively maintain projects of varied size and security requirements.
- Cyber Security Analyst at Global Networks Inc
- Project Manager at AGEISS Inc
- Jr. ISSO at Virtual Synergy Solutions, LLC
- Vet Technician Intern at Brown Creek Animal Hospital
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Biology - Environmental Biology
Camp Pendleton, CA 92055 7/18 to 3/19 (Insight Global Contract)
Senior Cyber Security Analyst
• Responsible for providing information security oversight for all classified systems under respective review.
• Performed validation to assure Command that secure SIPRnet (Secret Internet Protocol Router Network) TACLANE (Tactical Local Area Network Encryption) end points comply with implemented SP 800-53 IA RMF and STIG controls.
• Led inventory of TACLANE encryptors including building location, physical security, logical security, and current accreditation status to determine if these TACLANES are authorized to operate by C4 (Marine Corps Headquarters Cybersecurity Command).
• Created security risk documentation that was presented to Command to highlight vulnerabilities within the TACLANE certification process.
• Performed risk assessment on encryption to determine vulnerabilities, threats, risks and possible negative impacts to data assets; created reports on residual risks remaining after recommendation of mitigation controls.
• Performed EAL (Common Criteria) checks for proposed hardware and software requested by unit ISSM's to assure Command that products have been certified as "fit-for-purpose" per USMC/DoD procedure and minimum requirements.
• Assessed, authorized, and validated new and recertified MCEN network connections for hardware and software to assure C4 (Marine Corps Cyber Security Headquarters) that all required forms (ATC Requests), Logical and Physical Diagrams, Area Designation Letter, Consent to Monitor, Statement of Residual Risk, SIPRnet Access Assessment, current Physical Security Survey, TACLANE Documents Checklist, and pre-audits have been completed prior to the bi-annual CCRI compliance audit.
• Developed A&A Plans (Assessment and Authorization Plan) containing the System Security Plans, Threat Analysis, Continuity & Recovery, Business Impact Analysis, IA RMF Controls List, IA enabled software and hardware listings, and Network Accreditation Boundary Diagrams detailing network VLAN ports. Prepared required documentation for AAP Plans submission to C4 ATO for new and recertified POR's (Programs of Record).
• Performed audit of enclave technology areas such as: Windows Server and Member SQL, LINUX, UNIX, RHEL6, Oracle DB, Network, DNS, ACAS, and HBSS. Created AAP to include System Security Policies and supporting work papers and artifacts.
• Created numerous new POAM's and assessment packages along with supporting control artifacts.
• Validated 802.11g wireless air cards for use throughout the MITSC West area of influence.
• Produced TACLANE verification process for A&A G6 branch to develop new SOP and PowerPoint Training deck.
• Managed approval process for C-ISP (Commercial Internet Service Provider) recertified connection and submittal of RRL documentation to Marine Corps HQ.
- Senior Cyber Security Analyst at United States Department of Defense, United States Marine Corps
- Information Systems Security Engineer at United States Department of Defense, United States Navy
- Senior Information Systems Auditor at United States Department of Defense, United States Marine Corps
- Senior IT Consultant - BPM Lead Developer at Visual Enterprise Architects
8 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts
- Associates - Business Computer Programming
Sr. Cyber Security Analyst / Sr. Technology PROJECT - Secure Configuration Baselines - Build Secure Configuration Baseline based on Center for Internet Security (CIS), NIST, industry best practices, and vendor documentations for a wide range of platforms including Windows server 2012 R2, Windows server 2016, Domain Controller, Windows 10 Enterprise, Unix/Linux servers (RedHat, SUSE, SLES), Mac OS, Containers (Docker, Kubernetes), AWS Linux, AWS AWS Foundation, AWS Web Architecture, VMWare ESXi based private cloud, Middleware (Tomcat server) and Oracle Database;
Used Tripwire and Nessus for scanning and Tableau to analyze data from Illumio logs;
Worked in a cloud compliance project and used different tools such as DivvyCloud and Amazon inspector PROJECT - App Sec and Governance - Used Fortify to scan application code and identify vulnerabilities; Prepared monthly application security vulnerability report per portfolio and work with application/platform teams towards its resolution PROJECT - XML Gateway -
● Develop design/architecture for XML Gateway infrastructure; configured, documented and maintained XML Gateway servers
● Developed two reference web applications to test the integration of the security appliance; Developed web service standard
● Key player from project initiation to closure;
● SSL certificate management
● Used tcpdump, wireshark and other related tools to troubleshoot issues; Used syslog and arcsight for logging and monitoring purposes; Developed scripts that help monitor XML Gateway appliances
● Test XML Gateway servers for SQL injection, Code injection, using virus, and others related risks; Integrated XML Gateway with Blue Coat AV server
● Created Applications integration guide, operations guide and knowledge articles; Trained team members
● Created the TCP (Technology Contingency Plan) for XML Gateway PROJECT - SWIFT
● Installed, configured, applied patch and upgrade SWIFT enterprise platform
● Configured and managed Hardware Security Module (HSM) for SWIFT infrastructure
● Manage SSL certs, cypher suits and related activities
● Worked in integrating SWIFT with CyberArk
● Participated in regular security related reviews and exercises PROJECT - API Gateway (Axway)
● Installe, configure, patch, upgrade API Gateway on AWS cloud environment
● Setup monitors
● Create knowledge articles for operations support PROJECT - B2B Gateway B2B Gateway is an enterprise platform for integrating internal applications with external clients and/or partners. The services using TIBCO technology and java components
● Participated during the development phase of B2B Gateway
● Created the TCP (Technology Contingency Plan) for B2B Gateway and its components
● Setup enterprise monitors PROJECT - Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
● Provided architecture support for application teams in areas of security (such as container based authentication), integration, monitoring and alerting.
● Supported TIBCO infrastructure including TIBCO EMS, Business Works and TIBCO Admin
● Setup Queues and Topics to integrate applications
● Performed code reviews for different applications including Java and BW based applications
- Sr Cyber Security Analyst at Fannie Mae
at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer Science
- Bachelors of Science in Statistics and Computer Science - Education
• Tier-1 support for Threat Mitigation and Threat Intelligence Portal products
• Utilized internal threat feeds, portals & tools to identify cyber threats incidents.
• Conducted threat assessments, vulnerability assessments, statistical analysis and provide warnings, alerts, and bulletins to the clients.
• Collaborated with other security professionals to identify, threats and vulnerabilities to Information Technology systems.
• Provided updates on cybersecurity policy trends and issues including review new requirements or concerns.
• Coordinated analytic and investigative efforts amongst technical and intelligence teams during critical cyber events, incidents or crisis.
- Cyber Security Analyst at Lookingglass Cyber Solutions
- Customer Service Representative at Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Inc
- IT Support Technician at Amazon Books
- IT Technician at Mindframe Education
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Information Technology - Applied Information Technology
• Monitor, analyze, and respond to potential security threats identified by Laureate systems (e.g. Nitro SIEM/Splunk, Tenable Nessus, Cisco AMP (Bit9, Cylance, CrowdStrike, Tanium) for Endpoints, Cisco IDS, email based threats, Cisco Umbrella.
• Enter information into ticketing and similar systems to track threats, assignment, and remediation actions.
• Train/Mentor junior analyst.
• Enforce compliance with set controls, standards, policies and procedures while carrying out IT activities.
• Search for and analyze security technology to reduce risks in every information security segment. Research and suggest measures to improve IT related procedures, operations, processes and systems, specific to information security concerns, throughout organization.
• Investigate problems escalated from Tier 1.
• Analyze system logs to identify suspicious activities and take appropriate action.
• Provide recommendations to mitigate risks through the appropriate use of technical, procedural, and administrative controls in accordance with legal and regulatory compliance standards and established industry best practice.
• Understanding of network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration, basic understanding of malware (malware communication, installation, malware types)
• Identify, develop and implement process improvements for the business.
• Cyber Threat Hunting experience.
• Conduct analysis of multiple data sources to identify indicators of compromise.
• Develop new use cases and modify existing ones if needed.
• Ability to evaluate new analytical techniques and capabilities to determine how they can integrate into a managed security offering.
• Build dashboards and write knowledge base articles for other analyst to utilize during their investigations.
• Build and or modify existing reports to better communicate findings with clients.
• Develop SOPs as new methodologies and techniques are discovered.
- Senior Cyber Security Analyst at Secuvant
- Cyber Security Analyst at Infos Pro Solutions LLC
- Home Theater Installation Tech at Best Buy - Geek Squad
- Recruiting Specialist at Integrity Staffing Solutions
9 months at this Job
• As a Cyber Security Analyst, I reviewed various tools and systems daily, to include Alien Vault USM and FortiAnalyzer, to ensure that no compromises had occurred on any client system and worked with the client to remedy any compromises that had occurred.
• I would review Alien Vault USM systems to ensure logging and storage of logs were occurring without any interruption and would download logs and store them for the customer if they had run out of space.
• I would review Malware Bytes instances and Trend systems to ensure that the endpoints were updated date on the current database versions.
• I would trouble shoot outages reported via PRTG Network Monitor, to determine what the cause was and take action to try and remedy the problem.
• I would create new FortiCloud instances and link client FortiGates to their respected FortiCloud instance.
- CYBER SECURITY ANALYST at SECURE CYBER DEFENSE
- POLICE OFFICER/INVESTIGATOR at WITTENBERG UNIVERSITY
- POLICE OFFICER/TRAINEE at SOUTH CHARLESTON POLICE DEP
- at LANDSCAPER
9 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Information Systems
• Lead incident response investigations working with junior team members.
• Performed and documented incident investigations.
• Utilize Security Information Event Management (SIEM) for network incidents..
• Security Awareness implementation and management.
• Managed, designed and matured Phishing Campaign Education and Security Awareness Program.
• Management of Data Loss Protection (DLP) program.
• Monitoring and documentation of customer segments and classified data movement
• Development and documentation for processes, procedures and investigations.
• Built internal and external customer relations for the department.
• Application and Security tool tuning.
• Researched the latest trends in Cyber Security threats and products.
• Lead Information Security Projects.
• Placed measures to insure monitoring of elevated and disabled accounts within Active Directory.
• Managed IT Security violations and escalations.
• Perform Lead Senior Analyst functions for the Security operations Center (SOC)
• Perform Proof of Concepts with vendors for review of enhanced tools.
• Interact with frontline employees and senior management on Security related issues.
• Involved in everyday day activities of the Global IT Security Department
• Operated within the CIA, (Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability}.
- Cyber Security Analyst II at Security Awareness
- IT Security Analyst at ATOS North America
- IT Security Specialist at Time Warner Cable
- IT Security Specialist at Time Warner Cable
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Information Security
Veterans Affairs (VA) Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC)
CSIR (Cyber Security Incident Response Team) Analyst As an analyst in the CSIR Team, responsibilities are to provide Information Assurance and Cybersecurity support to the VA. Effectively leveraging vast detailed knowledge and familiarity with security discipline such as Risk Management Framework and NIST 800-53. Provide operational support on expert level analysis regarding Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs), Indicators of Compromise (IOC), Intelligence Gathering and sharing this information with other formalized partners Duties and responsibilities include:
• Implement the Cyber Security requirements of IT systems and applications documenting them in formal security engineering documents using Risk Management Framework and supporting artifacts associated with the A&A process
• Identify security risks through the security impact analysis, system risk assessments and technology security risk reports.
• Organize, develop, and present security briefings, written summaries, and written reports incorporating narrative, tabular, and/or graphic elements on A&A activities
• Apply knowledge of security principles, policy, and regulations to daily tasking
• Provide IT security analysis support to cross-functional project teams to ensure that VA security policies, processes, and controls are adhered to, planned for, implemented throughout the project lifecycle, and provide strategic cyber security support for OIS
• Support projects from initiation and throughout the development lifecycle to provide hands-on security subject matter expertise and support to include assisting in knowledge transfer, VA Agency specific security policy and controls coaching, and drafting of security documentation
• Research policies, procedures, standards, and guidance, and applies needed changes under specific conditions for the protection of information and information system
• Determine if an event meets the criteria for additional cyber hunt investigation and/or constitutes a security incident subject to investigation and notify team lead or designate within 15 minutes
• Review audit logs and identify any unusual or suspect behavior
• Provide targeted attack detection and analysis, including the development of custom signatures and log queries and analytics for the identification of targeted attacks
• Develop and execute custom scripts to identify host-based indicators of compromise
• Provide advanced technical capabilities to senior leadership, including Big Data Analytics, and Predictive Intelligence
• Provide proactive APT hunting, incident response support, and advanced analytic capabilities
• Profile and track APT actors that pose a threat to the organization in coordination with threat intelligence support teams
• Provide real time security monitoring and incident reporting of IT security issues on the customer's network and IT infrastructure, via monitoring of Splunk ES (Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool).
• Support the incident response process by providing advanced analysis services when requested to include recommending containment and remediation processes, independent analysis of security events, and reporting of identified incidents to Incident Handling (IH)
• Provide proactive event monitoring/event management/configuration of the following security tools for targeted threats and malicious activity - ◦ Splunk, ◦ Palo Alto Networks ◦ McAfee EPO ◦ Cisco Ironport ◦ Netscout ◦ Sourcefire Defense Center ◦ Bigfix
- Cyber Security Analyst at Ablevets, LLC
- (Cyber Security Analyst) Security Operations Center (United States Senate) 100 United States SENATORS are given Top Priority. at MacAulay-Brown, Inc
- Information Security Analyst II-Monitoring and Detection at ASRC Federal Research and Technology Solutions (ARTS)
- Technical Support Representative II at Intellipro Group, Inc
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Cybersecurity
- Associate - Electrical/Electronics Engineering