of innovation and governance projects that fall under engineering and research in support of 10,000 users by collaborating with internal ITD (Information Technology Department) services and external vendors.
NSOC / CYBER SECURITY ENGINEER (2018 to Present)
Design and implement practices and procedures for optimisation of IT systems and processes. Engage with stakeholders of multiple departments for definition of project requirements regarding hardware, software, and deadline for project. Contribute in the approval of systems, servers, and storage installations or upgrades in accordance with cyber security engineering principles.
• Performed cyber security analysis of all IT hardware, software, and services that utilised in the Walter Reed Hospital Enterprise infrastructure based on the Department of Defense Health Agency requirements.
• Maintained regular interaction with stakeholders to remain up-to-date with projects progress, and ensure smooth execution of projects.
- NSOC / CYBER SECURITY ENGINEER at DHA Agency
- CYBERSPACE OPERATIONS ENGINEER (DOD AGENCY, APG, MD) at CSIOS Corporation
- UNIX/WINDOWS ADMIN (DOD AGENCY, FT. MEADE, MD) at DirectViz Solutions, LLC
- IT COORDINATOR at Independent Can Company
1 year at this Job
• Configured, setup and installed agents on Trend Micro, Deep Security, ArcSight, Nessus and monitored events on Deep security and Google Cloud consoles.
• Utilized Windows, Linux RedHat and Centos to troubleshoot the various networks from VM's.
• Utilized Splunk to monitor and analyze Metadata throughout various networks.
• Responsible for interpreting MS SQL Server, and other database instances script output to ensure NIST, HIPAA and PCI DSS compliance.
• Provide technical analyses and course of action in response to emerging and persistent cyber threats.
• Created network diagrams; created, documented, and implemented Standard Operating Procedures.
• Analyzed IT systems to identify, assess, and design security features.
- Cyber Security Engineer at Cyber Security Enterprise
- Senior Bilingual Technical Support Lead at Cablevision
- IT Bilingual Support Specialist at Cablevision
2 years at this Job
- Master's degree - Cyber/Computer Forensics and Counterterrorism
- BA in Computer Science - Computer Science
-Serving as Cyber Security Engineer with DIACAP and/or RMF documentation to support DOD systems and efforts to achieve their Authorization to Operate (ATO). -Assisting the Software Engineering Center with completing the full life-cycle Assessment and Authorization (A&A) management through all 6 Steps of the RMF process in support of the Government ISSM. -Providing support activities in accordance with NIST 800-53 Rev.4, FIPS 199 and other DOD instruction manuals and directives which support systems from the perspective RMF requirements. -Review systems to identify potential security weaknesses and recommend improvements to amend vulnerabilities, implement changes, and document upgrades. -Creating, Proof reading and Editing SOP’s, Cyber policies, risk assessment reports, and other documentation as needed for all of SEC, affiliates and directorates as required. -Reviewing and validating security documentation to ensure necessary security controls are in place and operating as intended. -Running ACAS (Nessus) scans as needed, checking for vulnerabilities in the system per policy and STIG regulations to ensure compliance. Monitoring by criticality and severity of vulnerability, creating reports and submitting to Admins for patching and management for follow-up. - Reviewing and maintaining ACAS compliance per eMass CCI requirements and DOD policy, and reporting to management for corrective action -Providing Cybersecurity analysis, with a focus on Assessment and Authorization (A&A), under the implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) - Evaluating Security Controls in emass and ensuring that company is compliant with DOD regulations NIST 800-53, FIPSS 199 and other DOD requirements as required per control -Meeting with senior management and stakeholders to discuss progress as tasks are completed. -Working with a team of 10 other Cyber Engineers to ensure that SEC under Department of the Army is able to acquire ATO. -Performing research on DOD manuals, directives and instruction to ensure that SEC is following DOD direction. -Working under strict deadlines with team and ensure that milestones are met -Providing documentation as needed for upload into eMass to acquire approval from CECOM to move on to the next phase as needed. -Tracking Milestones in danger of falling behind in meeting goals as needed per ATO tracker. -Providing instruction to government client on how to adequately categorize systems etc. -Proof reading team member work for efficiency and completion of task 1. Serving as the backup to my team lead as the go to person with questions on completing assigned tasks. 2. Managing 3 other Cyber professionals to ensure they are completing SOPs as requested, Meeting tasks with senior management and other tasks as assigned.
- Cyber Security Engineer at Avenue Technologies on Jacobs Contract
- Cyber Security/ IT Security Specialist at Department of the Army
- Tier 3 Support Specialist at Department of Finance and Accounting Services
- French/English Technical 3 Support Specialist at Roche Diagnostics
3 months at this Job
- Graduate Certificate - Homeland Security Management
- Graduate Certificate - Cyber Security
- Bachelors of Science - Business Administration/Marketing
Perform assessment and authorization coordination. Advise and assist the customer with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and develops Plan of
Action and Milestones for resolving network deficiencies in accordance with DODI 8510.01. The duties of this task include assessing network
compliance against controls listed in DODI 8500.2 and creating A&A
packages. Performs assessment, compliance, and validation of IT systems to support the Cybersecurity program at USSOCOM, its Component
Commands, TSOCs, and deployed forces. As a Contractor executes
comprehensive assessments, compliance and validation of customer
networks to ensure compliance with regulations and security and standards.
The end goal is to ensure the integrity of customer systems by identifying and mitigating potential shortcomings and vulnerabilities.
General duties include:
• Analyze, evaluate, and build an accreditation roadmap for new SIE networks and systems.
• Develop and maintain supporting documentation for new networks, systems, and technologies as they are introduced into the SIE.
• Develop and review the A&A of SIE networks, systems, services, devices, hardware, and software using the DoD & IC RMF to obtain an Authority to Operate (ATO), Interim Authority to Test (IATT), or Authority to Connect (ATC).
• Maintain, track, and validate DISN and DIA connection approval packages, including those from USSOCOM, its Component Commands, TSOCs, and other subordinate organizations.
• Perform risk and vulnerability assessments of IT and IS for accreditation; prepare risk assessment reports for submission to the Security Controls Assessor/Certification Authority (SCA/CA) and Authorizing Official/Designated Accrediting Authority (AO/DAA) in accordance with DoD, DIA, USCYBERCOM, USSOCOM, Component Command, TSOC, and deployed forces' policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Assist USSOCOM, its Component Commands and deployed forces with the enforcement of A&A, as well as DoD, DIA, USSOCOM, Component Command, TSOC, and deployed forces' connection standards for networks and systems.
• Ensure timely notifications are made to responsible individuals and organizations in order to prevent lapses in accreditations (e.g., 30, 60, and 90 day notices).
• Develop and maintain an Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) Plan. This plan shall address ongoing awareness of information security, vulnerabilities, security controls, and threats to support organizational risk management decisions.
• Coordinate with USCYBERCOM, DoD, DIA, NSA, DISA, and subordinate organizations to support the resolution of issues with security, A&A, connection approvals, and waiver requests.
• Perform network security authorization, as well as the application and execution of policy, including project management support services.
• Validate the patching of systems, perform validation scanning, develop Plans of Action & Milestone (POA&Ms), and report as directed by applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Senior Cyber Security Engineer at Cyber Information Assurance Security
- Principal Cyber Security Engineer/Virtualization Architect, Analog at Devices Inc./TechUSA Inc
- Lead Systems Engineer/Consultant, Release Manager at Pragmatics Inc
- Lead Systems Engineer/Consultant at CACI Inc
1 year at this Job
- Master's - Master in Technology Management
- MBA - Education/Certificates
- B.S. - Information Systems Technology
Lead Senior Cyber Security Engineer responsible assessing impacts of security vulnerabilities, developing and implement mitigation plans and documenting findings at Hope Creek Nuclear Power Plant. Specific list of responsibilities include:
• Perform analysis to validate establish security processes to ensure compliance with applicable NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission) and NEI (Nuclear Energy Institute) requirements.
• Install and configure network security architectures, including firewalls, DMZ, router, switch and ACLs
• Maintain Network Auditing systems.
• Conduct Network Vulnerability Scanning and Vulnerability Assessments
• Monitor information system activity, collect, review, and retain audit logs.
• Ensure network security compliancy.
• Manage and support Windows and Linux servers in vital areas of the nuclear facility.
- Lead Sr. Nuclear Cyber Security Engineer at Hope Creek Nuclear Power Plant
- Sr. Infrastructure Services Advisor at Anthem, Inc
- Systems Manager at TransCore, LP
- Network Manager at BeNova, Inc
5 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Cyber Security and Information Assurance
- Bachelors of Science - Information Technology
Contracted by Honeywell Technical Solutions
Lead Cyber Security Engineer / Lead Systems Engineer
• Provided system engineering support with VMWARE, NetApp, Windows Servers, group policies, active directory, ARS, and SCCM.
• Provided support to configuration and patch management in maintaining WSUS and SCCM servers
• Developed custom task sequences for mass Windows 7 image deployment via SCCM
• Responsible for managing HBSS via McAfee ePO, HIPS, DLP, and VSE for 2000+ nodes
• Worked with network engineers in handling DHCP, DNS, and other connectivity issues
• Implemented and managed DoD protection policies for HBSS
• Information Assurance and cyber security subject matter expert (SME)
• Provided guidance and direction for IA vulnerability mitigation to leadership
• Performed various audits on the network and developed improvement plans for discovered weaknesses
• Developed mitigation plans for ATO accreditation
• Trained Navy staff on technical mitigation techniques with group policies, patching, scanning, and remediation
• Reviewed and corrected various issues with GPOs, STIG requirements and security.
- Lead Cyber Security Engineer / Lead Systems Engineer at US Naval Hospital Okinawa
- Information Assurance Lead / Cyber Security Engineer at JSOTF-P
- Information Systems Security Officer at JSOTF-P
- Network Security Engineer at United States Marine Corps - MCNOSC
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication
• Developed and Implement Cyber Secuity Awareness Program
• Developed Information Security Management System to modernization the city system.
• Developed and enforce Patch management system.
• Reduce phishing compromised by 50% with CSAP
• Developed Governmental security controls to ensure CIA
• Performed CJIS forensic investigation
• Deployed Fire Eye Infrastructure
• Secure over 20,000 end-users and over 100 separate government organization.
- Cyber Security Engineer at Baltimore City Information Security
- Information System Security Officer at MedacuitySoftware LLC
- Project manager/capstone project at Sartorial Shoppe
- Network Security Engineer at Hallowdecks llc
5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Information Technology
- M.S - Information System Management
- certificate - Risk Management Framework
Brooke Army Medical Center/San Antonio Military Medical Center Cyber Security Support
- Cyber Security Engineer at Free Alliance, Inc
- Defense Health Agency Reachback Support Specialist at Woodbury Technologies, Inc
- Principle Information Engineer/Information Security Architect at Diligent Consulting Inc
- Senior Consultant/Commitment Manager at The Informatics Applications Group
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Master - Concept of Operations
Leads information security assessments both remotely and on site, writes Security Assessment Reviews, Security Assessment Plans, project scopes, contract bidding documents, stood up Rapid Cyber Assessment division, conducts penetration testing and other security and functional testing processes, trains consultants on testing processes and procedures, project management, software assurance, virtual machine (VM) engineering, reports clearly to product owners and executives, engineers virtual networks, and consults on other projects as Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of Air Force Research Lab contracts.
- Cyber Security Engineer at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Director of Information Systems at 72nd Troop Command
- Information System Security Officer at RMF families for an Air
- Deputy Future Operations Officer at XVIII Airborne Corps Information Directorate Camp Arifjan
1 year at this Job
- Master's - Information Systems Management
Designed and developed new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer's enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
• Installed and administered Forcepoint Web Security versions 8.3 to 8.5.
• Instructed IT professionals on administering Forcepoint Web Security and best practices. Performed troubleshooting steps for customer service calls.
• Ensured system security needs are established and maintained for operations development, security requirements definition, security risk assessment, systems analysis, systems design, security test and evaluation, certification and accreditation, systems hardening, vulnerability testing and scanning, incident response, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning and provided analytical support for security policy development and analysis.
• Integrated new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designed cyber security architectural artifacts, provided architectural analysis of cyber security features and related existing systems to future needs and trends, embedded advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, provided engineering recommendations, and resolved integration and testing issues.
• Interfaced with external entities including law enforcement, intelligence and other government organizations and agencies.
- Senior Cyber Security Engineer at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Information Security Specialist at UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
- Information Systems Technician at UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
1 year, 6 months at this Job