Provides cyber security (CS) enterprise engineering support across the Launch and Cyber Security Specialist Test Range System (LTRS). Works multiple projects and initiatives to ensure target dates and goals are achieved. Supports DoD A&A activities and RMF process using security tools such as ACAS, SCAP, and execution of STIGs. Determines the security posture and CS authorization readiness of systems and architectures. Supports engineering design teams by assessing network and system security design features and making recommendations concerning overall security accreditation readiness and compliance with CS guidance and best practices.
- Cyber Security Specialist, Senior at Craig Technologies
- Cyber Security Engineer at Cole Engineering Services, Inc
- Backup and Restore Administrator at HP Enterprise Services
- Technical Support Analyst at Lockheed Martin Corporation
5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Information Assurance - Business Continuity
- Bachelor of Science - IT - Information Systems Security
Cyber Security Specialist tasked with improving security of the company Rolled out Cisco EDR product world wide then monitored for events. World wide point of contact suspicious activity and phishing reports Performed automated malware analysis then used IOC's for further investigations. Responsible for maintaining Splunk environment as well as creating alerts, reports and dashboards. Implemented DMARC to protect reputation of company by reducing fraudulent emails and limiting ability of data processors to act on behalf of company without authorization. As a member Security Awareness team contributed content to security alerts and stories. Performed regular testing of employees abilities to recognize fraudulent emails via phishing campaigns. Primary contact for external penetration testers and was responsible for coordinating and resolving issues identified. Conducted regular vulnerability scans using industry standard tools and worked with operations team to patch vulnerabilities. Conducted automated scans of web sites to find potential weakness.
- Cyber Security Specialist at Graco Inc.
- Senior Network Planner at Graco Inc.
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Science
• Cyber Security Team Lead
• Designed and Implemented Threat and Vulnerability Management Program
• Led design and Implementation of an Information Security Management System using SABSA for requirements gathering and based on the NIST CSF
• Managed the work effort for the cyber portion of the NERC CIP Audit
• Designed Program to comply with FERC Hydro Cyber Security Requirements
• Designed Security Assessment Program
• Performed Security Assessments
• Worked on cross-functional teams on a variety of projects
- Senior Cyber Security Specialist at Eugene Water and Electric Board
- Enterprise Security Architect at Torchmark Corporation
- Information Risk Analyst at SALLY BEAUTY HOLDINGS
- Information Security Analyst 2 at GM Financial
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Security and Information Assurance - Security and Information Assurance
- Bachelor of Science in Information Networking and Telecommunications - Information Assurance
• Provide tactical Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) maintaining ongoing awareness of information security, vulnerabilities, and threats to support organizational risk management decisions
• Performs endpoint vulnerabilities research and investigations, including proposal of alternative solutions to mitigate risks
• Investigates (researches) available tools and countermeasures to remedy detected vulnerabilities, and recommends solutions and best practices
• Analyzes security event audit log information from network security devices (e.g., network and host-based security systems, firewalls, routers, switches, etc.) and mission critical servers for anomalies and known attack patterns
• Monitors and investigates alerts from within the Cyber Security IT Infrastructure
• Monitors data from various sources including intrusion detection systems and other security tools and firewalls
• Use Track-IT ticketing system
• Provide configuration management for security-related information system software, hardware, and firmware qualifications
• Perform security assessments on IT assets, and researching, writing and implementing policies related to vulnerability management and cyber security incident response
• User tools Nessus, OIT Archer, ect
- IA/ Cyber Security Specialist at DNFSB
- Security Analyst at CNA
- Security Analyst at Pragmatics/U.S. Department of State
- Information Technology Support Specialist at IntelliDyne
9 months at this Job
- Certificate of PC Specialist Plus
Sr. Information Assurance Professional (Subject Matter Expert) supporting the DOE, Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and Program Management Office (PMO) for Cyber Security.
• Serve as the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) supporting security Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities for the enterprise-wide Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)-approved Contegix SecureCloud. Activities include reviewing security assessment packages submitted by the cloud service provider (CSP) to ensure FedRAMP and DOE compliance.
• Support enterprise cloud security assessment initiatives to implement ServiceNow in support of the integrated Joint Cyber Coordination Center (iJC3) Incident Response program.
• Support the initiatives to manage organizational risk using a continuous diagnostics and mitigation (CDM) program by implementing data tools such as Big Data Platform (BDP) to to continuously monitor and identify risks on an ongoing basis.
• Interact with Point-of-Contacts (POCs) to support data calls required by the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
• Assist in responses to internal and external audit reports such as reports from the Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Accounting Office (GAO).
• Review newly issued Executive Orders, directives and legislation to ensure the Agency assesses the extent to which the policies are implemented within the Agency and incorporates new requirements into the cyber security policy.
• Manage and interact with Point-of-Contacts (POCs) to support the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) data calls. Develop and document the business and workflow processes for data calls.
• Serve as [red] team member to mitigate high priority issues and actions identified in a memorandum issued by the Chief Information
- Cyber Security Specialist at ActioNet, Inc.
- Cyber Security Specialist (Temp to Perm position) at Kforce
- Senior Information Assurance Professional at Knowledge Consulting Group (KCG), Inc
- Senior Cyber Security Systems Analyst at Edgewater Federal Systems
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Telecommunications Management
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
• Developed documents for Risk Management Framework (RMF) Process such as System Categorization Forms, Security Assessment Plan, Information System Continuous Monitoring Strategy Guide, Information System Continuous Monitoring Table, Security Assessment Report, and Risk Assessment Reports
• Analyzed Assured Compliance Assessment Solutions (ACAS) scans for vulnerabilities
• Developed Plan of Actions and Milestones (POAM) and Memorandum for the Record (MFR) for various accreditation packages.
• Provided leadership to Cyber Security team.
• Developed FISMA documentation such as asset inventory, determine risk categorization for different vulnerabilities, security plans, assess security controls, contingency plans, and RMF assess and authorization
• Worked with Defense Health Agency (DHA) to remain in compliance with HIPAA laws.
• Perform code reviews on vulnerabilities found in multiple programs.
• Review and Consult with program developers about code security and vulnerabilities
- Senior Cyber Security Specialist at Falconwood Inc
- Senior Information Security Specialist at CACI
- Information Assurance Security Engineer at Elevate Technology Solutions
- Information Assurance Officer at STARGATES INC
6 months at this Job
- MS degree - Cyber Security
- BS degree - Network Security
- AAS degree - Computer Electronics Engineering Technology
Cyber Security Consultant for the US 8th Circuit Court.
• Assist court units in evaluating their security posture utilizing the IT Security Scorecard, and meeting scorecard remediation goals. IT Security Scorecard is based on the NIST IT security framework
• Assist court units in the formal audit process reviews of IT security to assure compliance with the IT Security Scorecard and with development of the required policies and procedures
• Assist court units with security documentation, exception requests, etc.
• Assist Circuit IT Security Team in providing Circuit-wide solutions and support with nationally provided security tools and will collaborate with local courts on solutions that will benefit the Circuit as a whole
• Assist courts and court units with remediation of IT security incidents from both a local and national perspective
• Evaluate security impact of proposed changes to current networks and systems
• Provide technical support in the areas of vulnerability assessment, risk assessment, exception requests, network security, product evaluation, and security implementation. Using tools such as Tenable's Security Center/NESSUS.
• Provide technical evaluations of customer systems and assists with making security improvements
• Conduct security product evaluations, and recommends products, technologies and upgrades to improve the courts security posture
• Conducts testing and audit log reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of current security measures
- Cyber Security Specialist at Swoon Technologies
- OTI SIM IA System Security Engineer at Camber Corporation
- Cyber Security Engineer at AMYX INC
- Systems Analyst/Client Service Technician at SAIC
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Science
• Conducted external and internal vulnerabilities scanning using appropriate tools
• Provided cybersecurity and risk management expertise for various initiatives and programs
• Operated Intrusion Prevention Systems, other point of presence security tools, and related security operations
• Conducted a security control assessment to assess the adequacy of management, operational, and technical security controls implemented
• Executed case reviews and performs quality assurance for regulatory compliance
• Provided cybersecurity and risk management mission support
• Documented root cause analysis for security incidents
• Continuously monitored, analyzed and identified security alerts information from all approved security devices, collection techniques and designated system logs.
• Interfaced with cyber security subject matter experts to gather inputs and develop policy analysis and reports
• Ensured that system's security controls, policies and procedures are examined, and validated
• Conducted firewall management, IT controls risk assessments that included reviewing organizational policies, standards and procedures and provided advice on their adequacy, accuracy and compliance
• Introduced use of security metrics to mitigate vulnerability by analyzing historical threats, addressing risks/gaps/violations and implementing improved protocols.
• Working knowledge of computer network protocols including TCP/IP.
- Cyber Security Specialist at US AIR FORCE
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
• Conduct cyber security inspections at nuclear power facilities to ensure nuclear licensee's cyber security programs meet 10 CFR 73.54 requirements. During these inspections, my team and I inspect the effectiveness of nuclear power plants' cyber security programs by evaluating their implementation schemes.
• Subject matter expert cyber vendor and supply chain issues well as Counterfeit fraudulent Suspect Items.
• Lead cyber contributor for regulatory issue summary (RIS 2015-08) to heighten awareness of the existing NRC regulations and how they apply to counterfeit, fraudulent, and suspect items (CFSI) within the scope of NRC's regulatory jurisdiction.
• Cyber lead for the 73.54 scope petition for rulemaking working group; I worked with staff from across the agency to develop a regulatory decision regarding the future of cyber security rule 10 CFR 73.54.
• Consultant member in the Computer Security in the Supply Chain working group at the International Atomic Energy Agency, where I work with partners from various countries to address supply chain issue with nuclear cyber security on a global scale.
• Member of the safeguard team and federal emergency responder, where I'm responsible for providing cyber security expertise during national cyber security emergency at nuclear facilities.
- Cyber Security Specialist at US Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Electrical Engineer at NRR/DLR/RASB
- at Nuclear Safety Professional Development Program
- CTSG Summer Associate at Citi Group - Global Consumer Group
5 years at this Job
- BS in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
Monitored and investigated network traffic, electronic account and transaction data or suspicious activity and possible fraud. Kept detailed records of suspicious activity, analyzed trends, communicated security threats to the Cyber Security Department. Coordinated with cyber security team to determine online fraud and Investigated and resolved numerous types of credit card fraud cases. Introduced use of security metrics to mitigate vulnerability by analyzing threats/risks/gaps/violations and implementing improved protocols. Utilized my knowledge, skills, experience and tools in countering malicious code attacks such as viruses, malware, spyware, adware, worms, Trojan horses, root kits and all other abnormal activities on computer systems and on the network.
- Cyber Security Specialist at PetSmart SSG Corporate Office
- IT Specialist at PetSmart SSG Corporate Office
- 2nd Level Technical Support at Geek Squad/Best Buy
- Tech Support at Apple
2 months at this Job
- Certificate in Audio Engineering
- Certificate in Audio Production Technologies